Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Senior Partner Sales Engineer at Splunk
Highly scalable, beneficial integration, and secure
  • "The most valuable features of Google Drive Enterprise are the secure file-sharing service. It is necessary to communicate with people, and the safe large file transfer is good. It's very useful and critical for us to communicate with each other nowadays. They integrate well with other Google solutions, such as Google Documents and Google Spreadsheet."
  • "Google Drive Enterprise can improve by having better compatibility with Microsoft files. Google Drive Enterprise sometimes blocks Japanese characters in documents."

What is our primary use case?

Google Drive Enterprise can integrate well with Splunk users.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Google Drive Enterprise are the secure file-sharing service. It is necessary to communicate with people, and the safe large file transfer is good. It's very useful and critical for us to communicate with each other nowadays. They integrate well with other Google solutions, such as Google Documents and Google Spreadsheet.

What needs improvement?

Google Drive Enterprise can improve by having better compatibility with Microsoft files. Google Drive Enterprise sometimes blocks Japanese characters in documents.

I'm using Slack for internal communication and with other companies. Google Drive Enterprise has some integration with chat tools, but they can do more with the chat tools in the future.

We sometimes lose track of the files. Slack can allow users to upload files, but uploading the files gets disconnected from Google Drive Enterprise. More integration is needed.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for approximately four years.

Google Drive Enterprise
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Google Drive Enterprise is stable when there is a sufficient network connection. If someone has a slow connection they might run into issues with file syncing to the cloud and the local storage.

The scalability of Google Drive Enterprise is very good.

Everyone in my company is using this solution.

I have not contacted the support from Google Drive Enterprise.

I previously used OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box for file sharing with our partners, and I think everything is similar to Google Drive Enterprise. I did not find many differences.

The initial setup of Google Drive Enterprise is simple.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Shaamil Ashraff - PeerSpot reviewer
Architect - Database Administration at Mitra Innovation
A fast and user-friendly enterprise solution, but the price could be better
  • "I like that it's easy to use. I'm satisfied with the speed, stability, and availability."
  • "The price could be better. Google should rethink and realign its pricing strategy along with the storage prices because storage prices are going down for on-premise solutions. If they can reduce the cost or increase the storage capacity for that same tier, that would be a great advantage."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive Enterprise for collaboration. We use Google Sheet, Google Forms, and Google Docs, and we can collaborate within Teams very well. It was very helpful, especially during the pandemic when we were working from home. It has been a very helpful suite, not a single application.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. Google should rethink and realign its pricing strategy along with the storage prices because storage prices are going down for on-premise solutions. If they can reduce the cost or increase the storage capacity for that same tier, that would be a great advantage.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for less than a year.

Google Drive Enterprise is a stable solution.

Google Drive Enterprise is a scalable solution, and I'm satisfied with it. We have approximately 250 users, and next year we hope to increase that number by 100.

I used a different solution before but switched because of the ease of maintenance and managing storage.

There's no installation as it's on the cloud, but we have people to do new user registration and things like that, but not a very heavy technical requirement.

The price could be better.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Google Drive Enterprise a nine.

Google
Google Drive Enterprise
September 2022
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Project Director Service delivery & Account Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Highly flexible, useful stroage, and reliable
  • "The most valuable feature of Google Drive Enterprise is storage and the mobile version. We can connect to Google Drive, on our Android phones and store all our documents, for later access at any time. It is a very flexible solution."
  • "Google Drive Enterprise could improve the integrations. We do not use the tool very much for our corporate desktops. Additionally, Google collects a lot of personal data from the customers which is not very good and this is one of the reasons we do not use it for our corporation."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Google Drive Enterprise is storage and the mobile version. We can connect to Google Drive, on our Android phones and store all our documents, for later access at any time. It is a very flexible solution.

What needs improvement?

Google Drive Enterprise could improve the integrations. We do not use the tool very much for our corporate desktops. Additionally, Google collects a lot of personal data from the customers which is not very good and this is one of the reasons we do not use it for our corporation.

In a future release, the solution should be able to integrate better with Microsoft solutions, such as Outlook, Teams, and Office.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for approximately four years.

Google Drive Enterprise is a stable solution.

The scalability of Google Drive Enterprise is good. They give you approximately 25 GB of data to use.

I have not used the support.

I have used Microsoft OneDrive. It is well integrated with other solutions and is more secure with encryption options. This is why we use it for our corporation over other solutions, such as Google Drive Enterprise.

Google Drive Enterprise has a strong edge over other solutions when you are using mobile devices and many of the functions are simple to use and perform quicker.

The initial setup of Google Drive Enterprise is simple. Most people already have a Google account and it's quite easy to set up.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive Enterprise a nine out of ten.

Process Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple to use and easy to understand with a great user interface
  • "The solution secures the data well."
  • "I would like to see larger storage capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for storing and exchanging data.

What is most valuable?

The solution secures the data well. It also offers good storage.

The initial setup is easy.

It's very stable and reliable.

The product is simple to use and easy to understand. The user interface is great. It's well organized for the most part.

What needs improvement?

I have not found any areas as of right now for improvement.

I would like to see larger storage capabilities.

If they could continue to design it to make it easier and easier to use, that would be ideal.

I've used the solution for more than four or five years.

I would say the solution is stable. I haven't experienced issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. I have found it to be reliable.

I'm satisfied with technical support, however, I haven't really used them that much.

It's pretty clear and very easy to set up if you follow the steps that automatically direct you. The first step is very easy. You just go through step by step.

As of right now, I am using the free version of the solution. I don't pay for it at all.

I've never looked into other options, however, I'd be open to exploring them.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer.

We use the solution in the cloud and on-premises.

I would rate the product an eight out of ten.

Abdulla Pathan - PeerSpot reviewer
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
Useful for sharing documents and working simultaneously on a document, but needs more features similar to Office 365
  • "It allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a document."
  • "It should have more features similar to Office 365. To improvise more, they should compare their features with Office 365."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to securely share a document with anybody within the organization and outside of it. We are using its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us to keep all our documents centrally also allow us to work on documents simultaneously. It is also part of our product roadmap to take advantage of GDrive to build GoogleWorkplace based applications. It helped us to share document deliverables with customers with minimal configuration.

What is most valuable?

It allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a document. It is secure, and we can monitor the sharing of documents. It can be used as a storage device.

What needs improvement?

It should have more features similar to Office 365. To improvise more, they should compare their features with Office 365.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It is used by all users in our organization because all of our documentation is on Google Drive.

We never needed any technical support.

We had an in-house product. We switched because we wanted a lower licensing cost.

No Comments.

Office 365 and SVN

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a seven out of ten.

IT Systems and Infrastructure Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides a secure backup service; somewhat lacking in customization
  • "Provides a secure backup to my data."
  • "The product lacks customization."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this service is for storage. I have a package and I use it to synchronize my data and to keep a backup for my device and mobile phone. I'm an IT system and infrastructure manager, and a customer of Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

The service gives me the confidence of knowing that I have a backup copy of all my data and it can be accessed at any time.

What needs improvement?

The service could be improved if it could do more customization, because the model inside is pre-defined and there is no customization. I'd also like to see an extension of the packages because the first two packages have minimal space. The next release should have more customization and more storage for the packages.

I've been using this service for 18 months.

This is a stable product.

I haven't contacted technical support. I'm using a very limited part of the server, it's only storing data.

I previously used Dropbox to store data, but when I had the option to move, I decided to go with Google Drive and not continue with Dropbox.

This is not an expensive service.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Google Drive Enterprise, especially for Android users. It's the most suitable application or service.

I rate this service a seven out of 10.

Technology Consulting Department Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Easily accessible from anywhere, whether for emails or applications
  • "I can check emails from anywhere, and use the applications wherever I am."
  • "It's become difficult to fit everything in one window."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners and resellers of Google Drive Enterprise. I'm a technology consulting department manager.

What is most valuable?

I've been using Gmail for such a long time and I'm really familiar with the interface. In terms of my work, I'm able to check emails from anywhere, and I can use the applications wherever I am.

What needs improvement?

They recently updated the email under 'interface' and I can't fit everything in one window. For example, I'm checking an email and half of it opens on the right side and you can't really read everything. The recent update is not really great for me because I'm used to having the space I need. I can't really minimize the chat box so I can read the emails wholly. There are so many things in the window, you can't really see it all and have to open a new window just to get access to the entire email.

I've been using this solution for four years.

This product is stable.

The product doesn't require any implementation, it's browser based.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product even though I have trouble reading everything.

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Google
Owner at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Stable and well-integrated with Google products
  • "The integration with Gmail, Calendar, and Google Meet is the most valuable."
  • "The ability to share documents with outside clients can be improved. It is difficult to share documents with outside clients, and that's why I am looking at some other solution. If you use Google Drive, they want you to use all of their Google Suite, but not everybody uses Google Suite for document creation. It is not a great solution if you are working with a company that doesn't use Google Suite."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for general storage and sharing documents. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The integration with Gmail, Calendar, and Google Meet is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The ability to share documents with outside clients can be improved. It is difficult to share documents with outside clients, and that's why I am looking at some other solution.

If you use Google Drive, they want you to use all of their Google Suite, but not everybody uses Google Suite for document creation. It is not a great solution if you are working with a company that doesn't use Google Suite.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for less than a year.

It is Google. It is stable.

I didn't really have to test that. We have only two users.

I haven't used them.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It is very well-integrated with Google products such as Google Suite. It is a great solution for non-profits and similar stuff, but when you're dealing with other businesses and corporations that have not adopted this solution, it doesn't play nice.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Google Drive Enterprise Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022