We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Network Support Engineer at a government with 201-500 employees
Good performance, stable, scalable, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to connect to the access point and link users wirelessly to the network, and centrally manage the APs.

What is most valuable?

The performance is fantastic. It integrates with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA).

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be reduced.

I have been using Cisco Wireless for five years.

Cisco Wireless is a stable product.

Cisco Wireless is scalable. We have many users. We have guests that come in who have contractors, which brings our user amount to approximately 5,000.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The performance is fantastic.

It integrates with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA).

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be reduced.

I have been using Cisco Wireless for five years.

Cisco Wireless is a stable product.

Previously, we have not used any other solutions.

The deployment is easy. The installation takes two or three days.

When you compare it toith standalone APs, with the introduction of the controllers, it's deployed in a split second and up and running.

Because it is integrated with Cisco ASA, we have two teams of eight people to maintain this solution.

We installed and deployed this solution ourselves.

It's expensive. The price could be cheaper.

The license is a one-time purchase.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Cisco Wireless an eight out of ten.

Network Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, beneficial FlexConnect, and, good overall functionality
  • "Some of the features I find valuable are the FlexConnect and overall it is a good global solution."
  • "Before deploying a wireless solution, you have to read and plan every role, every windows system, put in your access point, and then make the audit. This solution is not the best one to do this. We use another solution that is called Eko. In the future, if this solution could have better auditing capabilities it would be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for laptops, smartphones, and for both intranet and internet communication.

What is most valuable?

Some of the features I find valuable are the FlexConnect and overall it is a good global solution.

What needs improvement?

Before deploying a wireless solution, you have to read and plan every role, every windows system, put in your access point, and then make the audit. This solution is not the best one to do this. We use another solution that is called Eko. In the future, if this solution could have better auditing capabilities it would be better.

I have been using the solution for eight years.

The solution is stable.

We have added some access points for conductivity which have integrated well and have been fine scalability-wise, we have not done other types of scaling. Our whole company is using this solution.

You can have a setup that is simple but my company is big, with a lot of regulations to adhere to. I would say out we had a difficult installation but this is not directly related to the solution but more related to the policy of our company.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend others to use this solution.

I rate Cisco Wireless an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,208 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ICT Infrastructure Architect at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
Reduces the cost of cabling and has good speed, security, and stability
  • "The speed and security are most valuable."
  • "Its licensing model and cost should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it just for connectivity.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to reduce the cost of cabling and provides mobility of users within the organization.

What is most valuable?

The speed and security are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing model and cost should be improved.

I have been using this solution for about seven years.

It is very stable.

It is quite scalable.

There are no issues with their technical support.

It is fairly easy.

We used an outsource partner.

It is expensive, and there are some costs in addition to the standard licensing fee. Its licensing model and cost should be improved.

At that time, Cisco was the main provider of such solutions, so we went with Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would advise getting it done by a professional who knows what he or she is doing so that you don't run into any issues.

I would rate Cisco Wireless a nine out of ten.

System Administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, easy to install, and has a good signal range

What is our primary use case?

We have twenty switches in our corporate office.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is easy to install and the range is good.

What needs improvement?

The price should be reduced. It should be cheaper.

I have been using this solution for five years. We have upgraded to the newest version.

It's a stable product.

We have close to 600 users in our organization who are using this solutoin.

I do not have experience with technical support. We have not had to contact them.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is our primary use case?

We have twenty switches in our corporate office.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The price should be reduced. It should be cheaper.

I have been using this solution for five years.

We have upgraded to the newest version.

It's a stable product.

We have close to 600 users in our organization who are using this solutoin.

Previously, we did not use another solution.

It's easy to install.

It can take 15 to 20 minutes to complete the installation.

I completed the installation myself.

We have a team of three to maintain this product.

This is an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to continue our usage of this product and I would recommend it to others.

Network Consultant at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good stability, good scalability, and easy installation

What is our primary use case?

These devices are being used for a large number of sites. We have around 3,000 APs. For WLC, we are using 5508 and 7500 devices. We will be using 9800 devices soon.

What is most valuable?

Its stability is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It is not easy to use. It should be made easier to use. They can maybe migrate it to the cloud so that we can manage the WLCs together. I find the licensing part very hard to understand. Cisco is now moving towards smart licensing, so this issue will be addressed soon.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is very stable.

It is very…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Its stability is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable.

Their technical support is fine.

It is easy to install. The deployment duration depends on different scenarios. It depends on the site, the number of users, and the technicality of the site, but overall, it doesn't take very long.

I am a consultant.

Its licensing is hard to understand.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. I would rate Cisco Wireless an eight out of ten.

ICT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has good stability and scalability

What is our primary use case?

Cisco Wireless is for wireless networking. We use WLAN to connect endpoints wirelessly to mobile phones, tablets, and laptops that have WiFi protocol enabled. We have more than 50 employees using this solution.

What is most valuable?

Cisco Wireless is one of the more stable products so their products are scalable.

I've been using Cisco Wireless for about six years now.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

What is most valuable?

I've been using Cisco Wireless for about six years now.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

It's easy to set up if you have the technical knowledge. It's not a user-based deployment where you ask the user to go and deploy. You need to have some technical understanding of the solutions before you deploy them. On that level, it's easy to deploy.

Deployment requires network and hardware engineers but the number depends on the kind of deployment. It depends on the project server. Sometimes it's one or two. If it's a big project, I'll tend to use it more.  But broadly speaking, in terms of domain, you need network engineers, hardware engineers, and network architects.

Cisco is costlier relative to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cisco Wireless nine out of 10.

Head of IT Network Division at Panorinformatika
Very flexible and can solve complex issues

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for our customers is having a product that provides a solution to complex problems. We have more than 100 customers using Cisco Wireless.

What is most valuable?

Being able to solve the complex issues of our customers with a stable solution is very valuable. The fact that it is also very flexible adds to the value.

What needs improvement?

One of the issues with Cisco, particularly for smaller companies, is the cost. A small company can't afford to pay the price of a Cisco product. The price is a very important factor for our customers.

I've been using this solution for about two years.

What do I

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for about two years.

The solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We receive great technical support from Cisco.

The initial setup was relatively straightforward, although it took a little longer than expected. We have one person who deals with the maintenance and any issues that arise.

I believe licensing is paid on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product and despite the high cost, I rate it a 10 out of 10 for performance.

Sintayehu Alemu
Director Of Information Communication Technology at Dire dawa University
Provides an excellent firewall and is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use Cisco Wireless for the core switch and access switch, the router, the firewall, and the access point.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the firewall.

What needs improvement?

This solution is very expensive, which means we often have to go for cheaper options instead.

I've been working with this solution for twenty-two years.

This solution is very stable, we don't have any problems with it.

We've had no problems with scalability - the intra-network is about 20 gigabytes on our campus without any issues.

I'm very…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the firewall.

What needs improvement?

I've been working with this solution for twenty-two years.

This solution is very stable, we don't have any problems with it.

I'm very satisfied with Cisco's technical support.

The initial setup was very, very simple and took three months and three weeks for the whole campus.

We used Jimma University as a consultant and had a good experience with them.

What other advice do I have?

Because of Cisco's expense, we also use Huawei and Ruckus devices, and the interoperability between these three vendors is good. I would give this solution a score of ten out of ten.

Product Categories
Wireless LAN
Download our free Cisco Wireless Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.