We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Network, Systems and Security Engineer at SOLTEL Group
Easy to configure, versatile and intuitive interface, provides a secure and stable connection
  • "One of the features that I like most about this software is that it has a very intuitive, simple, and versatile interface that makes it easy to use and configure."
  • "When you need to create something, you have to follow many steps and I think that should be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Endpoint Remote Access VPN is without a doubt, really fantastic software. It allows me remote and secure access to my most important data, to the company's networks, and to corporate resources from anywhere in the world.

Regardless of where I am, it guarantees the complete privacy of all our confidential information through multifactor authentication and compliance analysis of the endpoint system.

All of this is very easy to configure using step-by-step wizards, and there are many guides to explain it.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Remote Access VPN has improved my Organization with:

• It has a built-in, centrally-managed Firewall blade, which allows us to filter traffic on the client-side.
  • The built-in, centrally-managed Compliance blade is helpful. Using it, we check the client OS for the presence of the latest security updates and that the corporate antivirus software is up and running. It doesn't allow the client to connect to the office in cases where these rules are not satisfied. That prevents infected computers from connecting to the company's location and spreading threats.
  • It is easy to install the Endpoint Remote Access VPN client on different platforms.
  • It provides a stable VPN connection.

What is most valuable?

One of the features that I like most about this software is that it has a very intuitive, simple, and versatile interface that makes it easy to use and configure. It is compatible with several operating systems, and it has great protection against malware and any other cyber threat that wants to penetrate our endpoints.

It is fully integrated and centralized, which allows me to configure the security policy and view VPN events from a console.

What needs improvement?

Despite being very intuitive, the interface needs improvements. When you need to create something, you have to follow many steps and I think that should be simplified.

We've been using Check Point Remote Access VPN for more than two years.

I know that if there were any problems, the technical support team would solve them almost immediately. The team is highly qualified.

What other advice do I have?

So far, I have not found any negative characteristics to complain about, since in general, the software works in an excellent way and it has never failed us.

User at MONT Group of Companies
User
Easy to set up standard authentication, integrates with third-parties, and allows for browser-based access
  • "Access is browser-based only and requires no additional client installation."
  • "We would like to implement HTML5 (clientless access) in the product without installing any additional software."

What is our primary use case?

The Mobile Access VPN is used to provide users with remote access to company resources.

Users can access the system at any time from corporate laptops as well as home PCs.

It is also possible to connect from Android and IOS mobile devices.

We also use the functionality of the secure Capsule Workspace container to securely provide access to corporate Web resources and mailing services from mobile devices.

It is also possible to provide restricted access to partners via SSL VPN using the Check Point Mobile Web Portal fine-tuning.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution allows users to connect from any location. The system is very flexible. We can easily control access and view statistics on the usage of this functionality.

We are also happy with the overall stability of the operation, the easy configuration on the gateway side, and the ease of deploying clients to endstations.

The user device verification functionality allows us to prevent connections if a device does not comply with corporate security policies until the device has met all requirements.

What is most valuable?

When working with different groups of users, we can easily set up both standard authentication by username and password and use two-factor authentication such as SMS + username and password or certificate + username and password. This definitely increases security and allows you to control access.

It is also possible to use third-party tools to customize HTML5 access. For example, the connection is made without the need to install any client on the user side.

Access is browser-based only and requires no additional client installation.

What needs improvement?

It would also be desirable to be able to segregate the different authentication methods by domain user group.

Unfortunately at the moment, the division is only between domain and non-domain users.

What we also miss is control over the workstations for non-domain PCs that the client is installed on.

It would be nice if we could block such connections based on, for example, the machine name or connection ID.

We have been using this solution since 2007 and started with the R65 version.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Remote Access VPN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Accounts Administrator at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
User
Easy to install, stable, and reasonably priced
  • "The solution is easy to install, centrally managed, and stable, with good technical support and a straightforward setup."
  • "They need to increase their timeout. Right now, it will fail after ten seconds, however, it shouldn't fail until after 20 seconds."

What is our primary use case?

It allows staff to work from home, especially now during COVID-19. You can access it from any location, and it does not require technical knowledge.

How has it helped my organization?

If any problem occurs, we are unable to work. An access to VPN enabled organization needs to improve by way of getting work done from any location in order to improve submission of work on time.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to install, centrally managed, and stable, with good technical support and a straightforward setup. It integrates extremely well with the Check Point Firewall.

What needs improvement?

A saving password option might save time for continuous disconnection to the server due to internet fluctuation problems.

If you don't get on your phone right away and check on your authentications, it will kick you out.

In an environment with multiple cluster checkpoints, the global properties common to all clusters in some cases give problems.

The interface needs improvement. When you need to create something, you have to go through a lot of steps. It needs to be simplified.

I've used the solution for more than three years.

The solution's stability is reasonable.

The scalability of the product is reasonable.

We've had a satisfactory experience with technical support.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We used a vendor to set up the solution.

We've seen a 100% ROI.

The product is offered at a reasonable cost.

We did look at other solutions before choosing this product.

Other
Senior System Engineer at Thai Transmission Industry
Stable solution but they should strengthen their security features

What is our primary use case?

A lot of our clients are complimentary companies, like the electrical company. They need Check Point Remote Access VPN, or even another similar solution. I tell them that I already have the VPN solution in our company.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improving the service, I think they could add more features, like the security to block off the doors, or create another hatch, something like this. They could make the features safer, add malware to make my mail and the Kryon system safer and to protect data at an earlier stage.

I have been using Check Point for about one year.

I have not heard any complaints from the clients regarding its stability. I…

What needs improvement?

I have been using Check Point for about one year.

I have not heard any complaints from the clients regarding its stability. I think it's stable for them.

Not all of our clients who use Check Point VPN are in Thailand. Some government agencies, like the Electric City Company, are in Thailand. They use it formally. Their IT and telecom departments, those who require a secure network, are using it.

I have not contacted customer support yet because I take care of any issues from here. That's why I don't have their programming disk because I take care of it myself, including the configuration and the DSL in Check Point.

We still use other products.

The initial setup is not complex. Plus, we've got the Kryon system. So these systems make it easier for the user. We have known this product for a while, that's why it's not a problem to configure the system.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have any advice yet.

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give Check Point Remote Access VPN a seven.

Assistant General Manager IT at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A comfortable interface that provides access to our data and business applications

What is our primary use case?

In our current dynamic, we are using this solution to provide access to data and some business applications over the internet.

What is most valuable?

Our users find the interface very comfortable to use.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for innovation and the addition of new features.

We have been using this VPN for more than ten years.

With respect to stability, Check Point has been running smoothly and we haven't had any issues.

We have about 500 people using this solution in our company during the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior to that, we had an average of 100 daily users.

How are

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Our users find the interface very comfortable to use.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for innovation and the addition of new features.

We have been using this VPN for more than ten years.

We are satisfied with the support.

We are always searching to see if there is anything new in the market.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, Check Point is meeting all of our requirements. That said, there is always a chance of innovation and something new.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Check Point Remote Access VPN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.