Associate Security Engineer at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Good ability to control sessions with a user friendly interface
  • "Solution has a good UI."
  • "Lacks some kind of voice communication option."

What is our primary use case?

I'm an associate security engineer and we are partners with BeyondTrust.

What is most valuable?

I like the interface and it's helpful for me that when I'm taking a session it's totally in my control.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some kind of voice communication feature. During a session, communication is on chat. Although we can share a screen, there is sometimes a lag with the chat.

I've worked with this solution for about a year up to a couple of months ago.

BeyondTrust Remote Support
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about BeyondTrust Remote Support. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I used the solution for my internal environment and it was stable and efficient when connecting with the customer. We share the link and they access it. I used it for sessions of up to 20 people and it was fine.

There is good documentation available so if I'm missing anything the BeyondTrust site documentation has all the answers.

The deployment is straightforward and quite mature.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend trying this solution. Particularly during Covid times with people working from home, it's useful to have the help desk with the GM in the office.

There can always be improvements so I rate this product eight out of 10.

Project Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A secure support solution with a useful remote support feature
  • "It's very secure, and it works very well. I like their remote support feature. It can be used for our clients' desktops or anywhere where the client can be working. I'd have to say the product is very good. It's a strong solution for us."
  • "It could be more compatible with other applications. We had trouble with compatibility when it came to Entrust. This is because we had issues with Windows machines when we installed Entrust."

What is our primary use case?

We're using BeyondTrust Remote Support to create more support lines. One line of support for our employees, and the other for our clients at a bank. We're using this solution to fix problems for our clients and bank employees. I have branches in different cities, like the capital cities in Columbia.

What is most valuable?

It's very secure, and it works very well. I like their remote support feature. It can be used for our clients' desktops or anywhere where the client can be working. I'd have to say the product is very good. It's a strong solution for us.

What needs improvement?

It could be more compatible with other applications. We had trouble with compatibility when it came to Entrust. This is because we had issues with Windows machines when we installed Entrust.

I have been using BeyondTrust Remote Support for two years.

We had local support and nothing more.

We pay every year for the box, and there are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine.

BeyondTrust Remote Support
December 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CTO Subject Matter Expert at a media company with 201-500 employees
Easy installation, performs well, and scales well

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of BeyondTrust Remote Support is the ability to control screens remotely.

What needs improvement?

They currently don't have remote access control  to Chromebooks, and I think they should start doing that.

In the next release, I would like remote access control to Chrome included.
You can see the screen but not control on Chromebooks

I have been using BeyondTrust Remote Support for three years.

The stability is very good.

BeyondTrust Remote Support scales well.

We have not contacted technical support after the implementation was complete.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Previously, we did not use another solution.

The installation is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine out of ten.

Download our free BeyondTrust Remote Support Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022