We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Sergio Zuastegui
Gerente regional de tecnología at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Scales well and expands easily and offers good configuration
  • "The scalability of the product is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "The technical support should be better than what is on offer right now."

What is our primary use case?

We are running everything on the cloud. That's our primary use case. All the servers we are using are on AWS. The only thing we have on SAP's cloud is the analytics part. Everything else is running on AWS.

What is most valuable?

The scalability of the product is the solution's most valuable feature. It expands very, very easily.

I don't have any complaints about the configuration capabilities or the interface.

The pricing seems to be good.

What needs improvement?

The technical support should be better than what is on offer right now.

I've used the solution for a while now. It's been about four years in total, from what I recall.

The solution scales very well. If a company needs to expand it, it's very easy to do. It's one of the solution's most striking features.

The support could be better. It's an aspect of the solution that isn't as good as everything else. We aren't satisfied. They need to be more helpful and responsive.

We also use SAP. In terms of SAP, I'm running all my servers on this IP at this moment. We have our development, our quality, and also production sites on it.

We can't complain about the pricing. So far, it doesn't seem to be too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with Amazon.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten overall. We've been very, very happy with the capabilities we've been able to experience so far.

Private Cloud
Cloud Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
A robust cloud solution that's intuitive, user-friendly, and cost-effective
  • "Amazon AWS is user-friendly and intuitive."
  • "The pricing structure can be improved and made more straightforward."

What is our primary use case?

There are different use cases. I have worked on backup and recovery, migrations, created new user accounts from scratch, security and compliance, PCI DSS compliance, and CIS benchmark compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

We are dependent on AWS 100%, and it has definitely improved our organization.

What is most valuable?

It isn't easy to choose a feature as it all depends. For example, there might be a feature for a specific use case. Amazon has many use cases and many deployment types. But overall, Amazon AWS is user-friendly and intuitive. It's also quite secure. The interface is okay and integrates well with other products.

What needs improvement?

The pricing structure can be improved and made more straightforward. There are so many options, and you have to make several choices before confirming the final cost.

I have used Amazon AWS for about four years.

AWS is the most scalable and reliable cloud computing solution out there.

Tech support is amazing.

The initial setup for Amazon AWS is straightforward.

Amazon AWS is really cost-effective. But the number of choices that you have to make can make the pricing very difficult. You have so many options, so it can be quite difficult to get into pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential AWS customers to get the right training for the right solution. The training is, for the most part, pretty easy. It's easier than having a private data center.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Amazon AWS a ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director Of Sales Marketing at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Many merits regarding stability, scalability, and availability
  • "Amazon AWS has many merits, in terms of scalability, stability, and availability. I have loved using this tool."
  • "Amazon AWS could be improved with cheaper licensing costs."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of AWS is cloud computing. I have been using the EKS, EFS, S3, and Lambda. I have a lot of experience with the Kubernetes cluster service, as well as AWS, Azure, and GCP.

This solution is cloud-based.

What is most valuable?

Amazon AWS has many merits, in terms of scalability, stability, and availability. I have loved using this tool.

What needs improvement?

Amazon AWS could be improved with cheaper licensing costs.

I have been using Amazon AWS for more than four years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

In my organization, there are approximately 500 to 1,000 users of Amazon AWS.

Amazon's technical support is excellent. I am very satisfied with their support.

The initial setup was very simple. I have been using Terraform as an infrastructure as code tool, and with Terraform, it's very simple. Within one day, I can provision the AWS Infrastructure as a Service tool and install our platform based on the cloud and data analytics.

From a cost perspective, Amazon AWS is excellent. You need to pay for a license to use AWS, and the license could be cheaper, but in each of the cases and instances I've used AWS, there has been a good chance to save money.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Amazon AWS a ten out of ten. I usually recommend AWS because I have loved using this tool. Most of the time, I recommend it as a real-time information and patching service with Lambda.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Regional Business Manager - North Latam - Public Sector - Amazon Web Services (AWS) at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Offers a very valuable machine learning service
  • "Machine learning is a valuable feature."
  • "The solution could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We advise our clients on using AWS services. It has many applications; in health care with regard to patient medical history. Some use it for hosting, SAP and V-ware. Those are the most common uses for our clients. We are resellers and I'm the operations director.

What is most valuable?

I think machine learning is one of the most used and most valuable services, especially in scientific research. The solution is evolving all the time.

What needs improvement?

Some of the services are hard to use so I think a more user-friendly interface would be helpful.

The solution is stable.

The solution is very scalable.

Amazon offers different support plans. We have enterprise support and they generally get back to us within half an hour. The escalation process is very fast, because they know that there is a critical platform involved. They generally offer a high level of support.

The initial setup is not too complex but it's not straightforward either, somewhere in the middle. In terms of deployment time, it can be anywhere between a few minutes and a week, depending on what you need.

What other advice do I have?

Training is critical before implementing the solution. There are very good AWS certifications like the certified practitioner, and there's a lot of free training on the AWS webpage that customers can use. Most of the training is hands-on so you can experience how things would be done in a work environment. AWS recently deployed 100 free courses on amazon.com to help people better understand their products. I would recommend looking at those.

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

Senior Vice President Information Technology at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Issue-free with good performance and a relatively simple setup
  • "It's very stable and the performance is good."
  • "The solution can get to be a little expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for our core applications and our core infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The product offers a lot of functionality.

Our vendor who provides us a specific core application uses AWS and it's just simple for us if we use it too.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The solution has been issue-free. It's very stable and the performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The solution can get to be a little expensive.

I've been using the solution for a year and a half.

The product is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. The performance is good.

We have about 100 users on the solution right now.

Technical support is good. We have had no issues with them. We are satisfied with their service.

We also use Microsoft Azure.

The initial implementation process is pretty simple and easy. It's not complex or overly difficult. A company shouldn't have any issues with the deployment process.

The costs could always be lowered.

How often we pay can vary, depending on the exact service. We pay, for example, both yearly and monthly.

What other advice do I have?

As a cloud-based solution, we are using the latest version all the time.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

AshokPolapragada
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
An on-demand cloud computing platform with a useful storage feature, but the price could be better
  • "I like the storage, all the codes like Lambda and Amazon EMR."
  • "The price could be better."

What is most valuable?

I like the storage, all the codes like Lambda and Amazon EMR.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better.

I have been working with Amazon AWS for seven to eight years.

Amazon AWS is a stable solution.

Amazon AWS is scalable. Scalability has been good for us.

I didn't take part in the initial setup on a very hands-on level. However, I hear from my architects and the development team that it's straightforward.

It could be cheaper, and Amazon could also be more transparent with its pricing. I would first expect any product vendor to give me the utmost transparency on pricing information. There shouldn't be any hidden costs.

Their service offerings have a bit of segmentation, and they focus more on SMBs. They brought them onto the cloud and encouraged them to use solutions on the cloud. But strategically, they should probably improve that and offer some credits.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users to use Azure if they want more stability, but I always warn about the costs. That's why I don't bring infrastructure to the business, and I find the customers with their own environment. There are multiple portions, and it's not straightforward for anybody to do. That's the bad side of it, but anybody can prepare.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Amazon AWS a seven.

Private Cloud

Corporate IT Applications Manager at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Robust, easy straightforward, and works well for our e-commerce solution
  • "The stability is magnificent, it's spectacular."
  • "When you are first starting, the initial setup can be a bit complex, but it gets easier after that."

What is our primary use case?

We use Amazon AWS as an IaaS Cloud for our e-commerce sites.

How has it helped my organization?

Because of the stability and scalability AWS provides, our team can now focus on how to engage and delight our customers instead of constantly being fixing production issues.

What is most valuable?

We have not had any problems at all.

In the 4 years that we have been using  IaaS services from Amazon, we have not had any issues.

It's a great IaaS cloud. They are the leaders. No cloud provider can match Amazon right now.

Other providers are improving year over year, but Amazon is still ahead at least two years.

What needs improvement?

Working with AWS requieres your organization to invest in training your team to better use and take advantaje of all that AWS has to offer.

We have been using this solution for 4 years.

AWS provides without a doubt the most mature and stable IaaS cloud in the market.

We have thousands of customers who are going to our websites to purchase goods and it takes a matter of minutes to scale the infrastructure both horizontally or vertically.

Great services, assistance and response time from the AWS team

It depends on how complex is the architecture of the solution to be deployed, in our case because Magento is sort of "native" for AWS it has been straightforward.

We implement through a vendor team specialized implementing and managing Magento on AWS

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Amazon AWS a ten out of ten.

HimanshuTejwani
System Administrator and DevOps Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Plenty of services, simple to understand, with significant support

What is our primary use case?

There are different services, approximately 150 of them, this solution can provide. There are a few services I most commonly use. I am using it for the virtual servers, Lightsail which are lightweight virtual servers, and a simple storage service which is called S3.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features I have found to be the virtual server is easy to understand, a secure environment, and AWS has a fast community for finding solutions to problems you might be facing.

I have been using the solution for three years.

We have approximately 15 users using the solution in my organization.

What is most valuable?

I have been using the solution for three years.

We have approximately 15 users using the solution in my organization.

The scalability of the solution all depends on the services that you are using. It is very easy to scale in the cloud if you want to launch multiple servers and if you want to vertically or horizontally scale up the servers. It can support many environments such as Windows and Linux.

The support is fast at responding and resolving issues.

I have used Microsoft Azure and DigitalOcean previously.

The solution is an on-demand service. There is a monthly billing requirement which is for the virtual machines we currently use.

The solution is expensive compared to other providers because you need many of the services and it can add up fast.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others and I plan to use the solution in the future.

I rate Amazon AWS a ten out of ten.

Download our free Amazon AWS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.