Sameet Kumar - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Governance Data Quality - Lead at Syngenta
Good connectivity with other products allows one to see different data sources
  • "I like the connectivity the solution provides with other products."
  • "The solution should include other scripting languages as well, such as Python."

What is most valuable?

I like the connectivity the solution provides with other products. One can see different data sources, such as SAP ERP and the in-house hub which they provide. It allows one to create a business warehouse and then get the data import from there as well. So too, the solution is multi-dimensional, meaning the person can use a flat file and collect data from different sources.

What needs improvement?

When importing data from a different source, the solution should also act as an ETL tool to allow for the task permissions with the live data.

The solution could be more stable. I rate its stability as a seven out of ten.

I rate the scalability as a seven out of ten, as the solution occasionally falls to pieces and requires us to tweak our scripting. Scalability definitely needs to be improved.

The solution should include other scripting languages as well, such as Python. Also, I am curious to see if they will include AI and ML capabilities going forward.

I have much experience working with SAP Analytics Cloud, as I have been doing so for two-and-a-half years.

The solution could be more stable. I rate its stability as a seven out of ten.

SAP Analytics Cloud
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about SAP Analytics Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The initial setup is straightforward. We are talking about a complete package which is supplied by SAP itself. So, once the person has the package online, he can simply use it on the spot. There is no setup required.

What other advice do I have?

If someone is using an SAP environment in their businesses, it's good to adapt SAP Analytical Cloud. But, if the person is using another ERP software, say, QuickBooks, there are other market options to opt for. The solution works well if one is using the SAP package.

I rate SAP Analytics Cloud as an eight out of ten.

BI Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A flexible, stable, and comprehensive BI solution that provides reporting, planning, and predictive analytics
  • "It is a comprehensive BI solution that provides reporting, planning, and predictive analytics in one solution. You don't have to buy three different products. It is very flexible. It can be implemented very quickly. It has a lot of out-of-the-box scenarios that you can use for quick deployment."
  • "It should have the flexibility for scoping the story and models. When you use it in a three-layer architecture, you struggle with the fact that you usually have just one SAP Analytics Cloud tenant, and you have to switch the connections, which might be an issue for bigger developments. For the development role, there should be an option to switch between development and production scenarios."

What is most valuable?

It is a comprehensive BI solution that provides reporting, planning, and predictive analytics in one solution. You don't have to buy three different products.

It is very flexible. It can be implemented very quickly. It has a lot of out-of-the-box scenarios that you can use for quick deployment.

What needs improvement?

It should have the flexibility for scoping the story and models. When you use it in a three-layer architecture, you struggle with the fact that you usually have just one SAP Analytics Cloud tenant, and you have to switch the connections, which might be an issue for bigger developments. For the development role, there should be an option to switch between development and production scenarios.

I have been using this solution for a year. I am using its latest version.

It is definitely stable.

It is scalable. Many customers are using this solution. They usually have less than 100 users.

Their support is fine. Its information and support pages are also very organized.

It is a cloud solution. You don't have to install it. You just buy the license and activate the users.

Its licensing is on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Generally, their roadmap is full of good innovations. They focus a lot on things that can be improved and bring the improvements that you don't even realize that you need. They are great.

I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud a nine out of ten.

SAP Analytics Cloud
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BI Lead at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up with good SAP integration capabilities but lacks maturity

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the dashboards.

What is most valuable?

The close integration with other SAP products is great.

The initial setup is easy.

It is quite stable.

Technical support is helpful.

The product can scale.

What needs improvement?

It's lacking a bit in maturity and we find we can't replace our existing mode 1 analytics tool until it's improved.

I've been using the solution for 12 months.

The stability is quite good. It doesn't crash or freeze. there are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

We have about 50 people using the solution right now. They are all business specialists. We find it to be scalable.

Technical support has been quite good. We haven't had any issues with them. They are helpful and responsive and we are satisfied.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We found the initial setup to be pretty simple and straightforward. I'd rate it four out of five in terms of ease of setup.

The deployment took one to two months and I handled it myself.

I didn't need any assistance with the setup. I was able to do it on my own.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. It's likely the latest one.

I'd advise other users that the solution isn't really mature just yet.

Overall, I would rate the solution a 7 out of ten.

Sherif-Hassan - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultan at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to onboard new users with decent pricing and good reliability
  • "It offers good backup capabilities."
  • "Technical support could be more helpful and responsive."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is good for handling projects via dashboards for finishing projects and understanding budgets (if we're over or not), financials, working capital, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

If you need to give a chart for training for sales, you can show profits for the company. You can use it for smart discovery and for using data to search and give you more date information about the data and what happened when.

The pricing is decent.

The onboarding process is pretty good.

It offers good backup capabilities.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is there if you need it.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be more helpful and responsive.

We've been using the solution for six years.

The product is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is scalable and easy to expand.

While technical support is okay, sometimes it takes a bit too long to get help when you open a ticket.

It's easy to onboard users at the outset.

It's a good investment.

The pricing is okay. It's not overly expensive.

That said, sometimes I only need to deploy one user and it's expensive. You need to buy it in bulk, for maybe five users or more.

What other advice do I have?

We are an implementor.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

Manager Finance at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A user-friendly and flexible solution that combines BI and predictive analytics
  • "It's so user-friendly."
  • "I would also like to have more advanced features for predictive analytics."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all our reporting right now. Everything is happening in SAP, and all dashboards are there, and all data comes through in real-time. We have thought management there, and Azure Operations Management is dependent upon SAP.

What is most valuable?

It's so user-friendly. The configuration is done by the user, not by an IP or anybody. It's also very flexible.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have some functionality when they have a live connection with our BW. Some of the functionalities SAP promotes, like integration, aren't available to me. I would also like to have more advanced features for predictive analytics.

We have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for a few months.

I'm not satisfied with technical support because they're taking some time. Sometimes I think they could be faster.

It's cloud-based, and no installation is required. Deployment time and the number of personnel largely depends on the project. The implementation time was less than three months, and I think it was quite easy.

I think we have 50 active licenses. Right now, I think it's okay, and it's fine for us. It's not that costly as such for the time being.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to potential customers.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP Analytics Cloud an eight.

Microsoft Azure
Director & Co-Owner at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good for planning and integrating with SAP systems, but needs better integration with non-SAP systems, big data, and social media
  • "Planning and integration are the most valuable features. It is useful for planning, and it is useful for integrating with on-prem or cloud SAP solutions."
  • "Its integration or connectivity with non-SAP systems, big data, and social media, such as YouTube, LinkedIn, et cetera, can be improved. This is where SAP has limited features as compared to other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for enterprise-wide analytics. We have on-prem as well as cloud deployments.

What is most valuable?

Planning and integration are the most valuable features. It is useful for planning, and it is useful for integrating with on-prem or cloud SAP solutions.

What needs improvement?

Its integration or connectivity with non-SAP systems, big data, and social media, such as YouTube, LinkedIn, et cetera, can be improved. This is where SAP has limited features as compared to other solutions.

There is very little documentation. They could provide additional training and resources.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for the last two years, but overall, I have been using analytics for the last 15 years.

We found it to be pretty stable over the last two years.

We hope so. We have not reached a level to be able to say how good it is and how quickly scalable it is, but we believe that it would be scalable. I do not have a proof point to say that it is 100% scalable.

So far, we've been able to resolve most of the issues on our own. Their support is average. It is not great, but it is also not bad.

Its setup is easy.

Its price is slightly on the higher side.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

Segun Oyeleke - PeerSpot reviewer
SAP HANA Developer at SOA PEOPLE
Data visualization tool that offers scalability for large organizations
  • "I would recommend this solution for companies that are SAP dependent with users working in this environment."
  • "The general management of this solution could be improved. The graphics or icons could also be improved to allow them to integrate with other environments on the web."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for data visualizations.

What needs improvement?

The general management of this solution could be improved. The graphics or icons could also be improved to allow them to integrate with other environments on the web.

In a future release, it would be great to have improved connectivity to make it easier to read other kinds of metadata from other data sources.

I have used this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution, however, scalability is a matter of cost.

The technical support for this solution is okay. Support tickets are responded to based on priority.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

This solution is pricey.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for companies that are SAP dependent with users working in this environment. If company's core applications are not SAP based, I wouldn't advise using this solution, because it's pricey. It is possible to get comparable usability with other tools that are much cheaper in the market.

I would recommend this solution for large enterprises. For small enterprises, I would rather recommend solutions such as Tableau or Power BI.

SAP Analytics Cloud is comparatively the same as other BI tools, such as Power BI or Tableau. However, this solution has more programmability and allows you to do more application development.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Camille Maitrot - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager , Team Leader Data Analytics at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Good planning and reallocation features, average support, and not complex to deploy

What is our primary use case?

I am an SAP consultant and Analytics Cloud is one of the products that I work with. It is used for business intelligence and planning.

What is most valuable?

The planning functionality is good.

What needs improvement?

The business intelligence features should be improved because there is a lack of functionality regarding that part.

I have been working with SAP Analytics Cloud for one year.

The stability is good.

Scalability-wise, this is a good product.

The technical support from SAP is average.

The initial setup is not complex. However, the length of time required for deployment depends on the project, and what you have in the project's scope. It can take days or it can take months.

We implement this product for our clients.

The BI capabilities are not competitive when compared with other BI tools.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product is to enlist the help of consultants to get started. This is the service that my company offers.

Other
Download our free SAP Analytics Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022