CX Specialist at a government with 201-500 employees
A centralized ERP system that handles everything
  • "I like that one system covers everything."
  • "They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

I like that one system covers everything. The main objective of ERP, in general, is to try to integrate the departments and control various processes. It's the main objective for big companies where many people are working. By implementing ERP, you can control the processes, control the business consulting, and have one system to handle everything.

What needs improvement?

They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful. For API, I know Oracle has a big library of APIs, and you can extend it. But most important integrations are still missing. These are mainly for features to integrate with other systems and other market forces, like banks or civic parties.

For example, for the environment to work using E-Business Suite, which is not handling the budgeting in the power tool, we have to purchase Hyperion and integrate Hyperion with the E-Business Suite. If you want reporting, you can select a reporting tool or different reporting tools for business intelligence. For each case, it's painful to have multi-systems in place. Most companies prefer to have one system and it's costly.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for about 13 years.

Oracle E-business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-Business Suite
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle E-business Suite is easy to scale. But sometimes, the company requirements don't fit with the software requirements.

I'm an implementer, so the Oracle E-business Suite's initial setup is easy for me.

I implemented Oracle E-Business Suite by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle E-Business Suite to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle E-Business Suite an eight.

Other
Mahdi Ajoudanian - PeerSpot reviewer
Product Manager at irisa
Great customization and integration features, unfortunately feels somewhat outdated
  • "ERP is a valuable feature of this product."
  • "User interface is outdated and not user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in our company to help with processes and dealing with payments for company projects. We are customers of Oracle and I'm the director of ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

There are a few valuable features in this solution, the most valuable of which is the ERP. The customization and integration features are also great, it's the main thing you look for in a suite.

What needs improvement?

Our biggest problem with this solution is the user interface. We'd like to see a simpler, more user-friendly product, with a flexible process, like you get with Fusion or SAP S4HANA. Both those solutions have a better UI, whereas Oracle has older features and feels like an outdated product. We're looking to migrate to another product because of that and because Oracle is lacking AI features.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable product.

Technical support is a mixed bag and depends on the support requested. Sometimes it goes to someone who isn't knowledgeable and can't help us and sometimes they're fine and can solve our problem.

The initial setup was a little complex for us and I think it took close to seven months to complete using an integrator team; it's a continuous process. We have a team that deals with the maintenance of the solution and there are around 400 users in the company.

This is an expensive solution but it's to be expected because ERPs are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is still a good product and I would recommend it even though it doesn't suit us anymore.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Oracle E-Business Suite
November 2022
655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of Data Management Section at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good step-by-step documentation, reliable, and scalable, but support and licensing fees are expensive
  • "Technical support is good."
  • "Pricing is the biggest disadvantage of Oracle."

What is our primary use case?

We are an enterprise government organization.

We are a public sector utility company.

What needs improvement?

They should charge lower support and licensing fees. Pricing is the biggest disadvantage of Oracle.

Releases are a different issue, first, they have to consider the initial support cost as well as the licensing cost. Furthermore, they should not force customers to use hybrid or private clouds.

I have been working with Oracle E-Business Suite for more than ten years.

We are a large enterprise, and we have been using E-Business Suite for 15 years. And now we're thinking about changing the technology.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable product, as well as many other vendors.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a scalable solution.

We are a large enterprise, and we have been using E-Business Suite for 15 years. And now we're thinking about changing the technology.

Technical support is good.

I am a flexible IT professional who is not limited to a single technology. I have experience in Unix administration, Linux administration, and storage administration.

The initial setup is easy. Oracle provides step-by-step documentation.

With resources and experience, it is easy.

Fees for support and licensing should be reduced.

Support must be paid for separately, but third-party support is less expensive and has more resources.

What other advice do I have?

We use Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Utilities.

I started my career using Oracle Databases, and I am still using Oracle.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a six out of ten.

UsmanAli - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
A world-class application that's user-friendly and flexible
  • "This is a world-class application that includes a lot of business processes from other ERPs that Oracle has acquired."
  • "Areas for improvement would be that sometimes it's a bit rigid with customization and doesn't always facilitate region-specific requirements."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's more flexible than other ERPs available on the market, and it is very easy for users to learn and for business processes to be configured.

What needs improvement?

Areas for improvement would be that sometimes it's a bit rigid with customization and doesn't always facilitate region-specific requirements. In the next release, I would like to see a more flexible way to implement the product - it should have a process-driven configuration and a common user language. I would also like them to add an auto-responding intelligence with a common database for errors so that the end-user can figure out where the problem is coming from.

I have been using this solution for over ten years.

This solution is generally stable as long as it has a good infrastructure. There are some bugs, but Oracle releases patches periodically, and they're never big enough to interrupt business.

Technical support is ok but has become less responsive over the last few years (although it tends to be faster for cloud-based applications).

This is a highly-priced application and would not be affordable for small or medium business domains (although their cloud-based applications are cheaper).

What other advice do I have?

Anyone considering implementing this product should consider choosing the cloud versions, as that is where the world is going. However, keep in mind that the cloud version is not as flexible as on-premises. This is a world-class application that includes a lot of business processes from other ERPs that Oracle has acquired. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.

Ravi_S - PeerSpot reviewer
Head - Financial Reporting and Taxation at Sify Technologies
Lacking billing module, expensive, but reliable
  • "The solution is good for small businesses."
  • "Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution in our whole business as an EBS.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good for small businesses.

What needs improvement?

Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability has been good.

We have been in continuous contact with technical support but they do not have a solution to the billing problems we are faced with. Additionally, there are other issues they have not been able to help us with.

The initial setup was complex. The migration took a very long time, approximately four months.

The price of the solution is extremely high.

We are evaluating different solutions.

What other advice do I have?

In my current scenario, I would not recommend EBS for anyone. It is better to purchase a cloud solution rather than having this one.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a five out of ten.

Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
Good support, scales according to our needs, and makes finance operations easier
  • "It makes financial operations easier to perform."
  • "It requires training before you can easily use this product, so it should be easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used in our financial department. It makes financial operations easier to perform.

What is most valuable?

This is a stable product that performs well in our financial department.

What needs improvement?

It requires training before you can easily use this product, so it should be easier to use. It is of moderate difficulty; not very easy and not too hard, but training is needed.

The installation could be simplified.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for ten years.

This solution is stable and we plan to continue using it.

This is a scalable product and we have approximately 100 users.

We have been in contact with Oracle support and have opened tickets with them. We are satisfied with the service.

The initial setup is complex.

We outsourced for the implementation.

The maintenance is being done by our in-house group of four people.

The license is very expensive and I think that it needs to be cheaper to get a wider range of users or customers. We pay for licensing on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it for large businesses.

NDT - TECHNICIAN at a paper AND forest products with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy plug and play system to setup

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle EBS for market business.

What needs improvement?

Oracle could improve the flash system integration. We are now focused on the cloud, so Oracle needs to use some cloud connect and exchange data and connect to various databases to access the data. With Oracle EBS there is no process, vertical manufacturing, vertical in the cloud.

We have been using Oracle EBS for two years.

This solution is not stable. There are bugs that are being addressed.

Oracle EBS is scalable, the flexibility is there to setup an organization with multiple locations.

Technical support is poor currently. They are focusing more on the cloud rather than customers that are on-premise.

When we have concerns we would raise the issue with a ticket on their portal. They would not provide the solution we needed and caused us to be under tremendous pressure. We usually need to finish the concern. Even as recently as last week we had concerns with closing an accounting problem and had to escalate to the director level.

The initial setup of Oracle EBS is easy, it is plug and play.

We purchased the license a long time ago and it was very reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle EBS a 7 out of 10.

Application Manager, Database at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Beneficial modules, continual updates, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle E-Business Suite for our financial modules in our business procurement projects. We are using the team models in our organization.

How has it helped my organization?

The use of the Oracle E-Business Suite has kept our organization healthy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Oracle E-Business Suite are all the 15 to 20 modules. We use them on a day-to-day basis.

Oracle is continuously evolving with new versions and updates, it is a mature solution.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for approximately 20 years.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable solution.

The scalability of the Oracle E-Business Suite is good.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a very mature solution. I recommend it for any organization, medium to large scale organization, it would be the right choice.

I would rate the support for Oracle E-Business Suite a four out of five.

Oracle E-Business Suite requires maintenance.

We have an annual license to use the Oracle E-Business Suite and we have an enterprise license.

What other advice do I have?

We are migrating to the cloud version of this solution in the days ahead.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a nine out of ten.

Download our free Oracle E-Business Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022