Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Oracle Application DBA at Social Insurance Organizaton
Useful features, reasonably price with good support, but the interface and sales service need improvement
  • "Finance, HRMS, and payroll are all great, and Oracle EBS is fantastic."
  • "They should include database functionality."

What is our primary use case?

We have some customized applications, as well as finance full modules, HR, payroll, inventory, and customized pension services, on Oracle EBS.

What is most valuable?

Finance, HRMS, and payroll are all great, and Oracle EBS is fantastic. I used to work as a techno-function consultant. As a result, I've been focusing solely on Oracle since the beginning. I did not work on any other product.

What needs improvement?

I believe they should improve their sales service.

In terms of finance, they need to improve the interface. For example, there are issues with the gateway. GoldenGate should make significant progress in this area.

The business reporting tool, Oracle BI, and the Business intelligence tool do not meet our requirements, as a result, there are several things we need to do in that regard.

They should include database functionality. Also, backup and all of the features should be included with the Oracle. RMAN, in particular, should have more functions.

I have been with the current company since 2007, and I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite since 2000.

Version 12 is what we are using.

Oracle E-Business Suite
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Oracle E-Business Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a scalable product.

We are an enterprise, government organization.

We have not had any issues with technical support. Technical support is very good.

We purchased Commvault backup software and already have Oracle E-Business Suite installed on our system.

The initial setup is easy.

Oracle's pricing is lower than that of its competitors. We also have DB2 in our company, and they charge more, which is why we are migrating our entire system to Oracle.

In terms of pricing, Oracle E-Business Suite is reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recomend using Oracle.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Mustapha Eldiraoui - PeerSpot reviewer
Database Supervisor at Saudi Bin Ladin Group
Scalable but requires a huge setup for installation
  • "It is scalable."
  • "We don't like Oracle EBS because it is very old. Nowadays, all the systems are on the cloud and web-based. With Oracle EBS, you need a huge setup before installing it. You need a lot of servers. There are a lot of problems and bugs in the system. We have to move from Oracle EBS to another system. In terms of improvements, it can have better training for end users and better support."

What is our primary use case?

I am a system analyst and database supervisor. I prepare the reports and take the reports from the system.

We are mainly using this product for HR and finance. We also use it a little bit for supply chain. We are using a legacy version of this product.

What is most valuable?

It is scalable.

What needs improvement?

We don't like Oracle EBS because it is very old. Nowadays, all the systems are on the cloud and web-based. With Oracle EBS, you need a huge setup before installing it. You need a lot of servers. There are a lot of problems and bugs in the system. We have to move from Oracle EBS to another system. In terms of improvements, it can have better training for end users and better support.

We have been using Oracle E-Business Suite in some divisions since 2014.

It is stable because we already know where are the problems and errors. So, we are able to handle it manually, but this is not healthy at all.

It is scalable. We have around 1,000 users.

We didn't use their technical support because we didn't pay for the license for support.

I am not responsible for installation or setup. You need a huge setup and a lot of servers before installing it.

Its implementation was very difficult. We used an implementer, but he was bad.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution but with good implementation from the beginning. After implementation, you can build whatever you want. You can create any flow.

We will continue to use this solution because we have the system license, but we will eventually move from Oracle EBS to another system. We are trying to go to HCM Fusion, but we have some problems with the management. That's why we haven't moved to Fusion.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

Oracle E-Business Suite
September 2022
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GM IT Infrastructure at MSSL
Effective financial planning, good support, but lengthy implementation
  • "Oracle E-Business Suite is easy to use, and we have enough resources out in the market."
  • "The implementation took a long time but it was for many reasons. However, Oracle made sure that the solution and systems were up and running."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle E-Business Suite is being used in the manufacturing industry. The solution has been good in the planning that can help financial stability. It is a good product to go ahead with.

What is most valuable?

Oracle E-Business Suite is easy to use, and we have enough resources out in the market.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for approximately eight years.

The solution is stable.

Oracle E-Business Suite has been scalable.

We have approximately 1,400 using this solution. We are planning for the organic growth of the organization of approximately 500 users in a year's time.

The support from Oracle is very good.

The implementation took a long time but it was for many reasons. However, Oracle made sure that the solution and systems were up and running.

ERP solutions are hard to evaluate for implementation because the process is more of a journey. When an ERP solution is implemented in an organization, it's a journey, it's not a simple out-of-the-box installation. The whole process is different from other solutions.

Oracle E-Business Suite is heavy subscriptions based and the solution's upgrades, under the technology licensing, are quite costly. Additionally, support is an extra cost. The price of the solution could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I have not evaluated the cloud version of this solution which is the latest version of Oracle Fusion. I can't say exactly at the moment what they must improve from it.

Oracle E-Business Suite is best for financial transactions, especially for finance users. With respect to material and production planning, they are quite stable and we are happy. From that perspective, I recommend Oracle E-Business Suite

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a seven out of ten.

CX Specialist at a government with 201-500 employees
A centralized ERP system that handles everything
  • "I like that one system covers everything."
  • "They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful."

What is most valuable?

I like that one system covers everything. The main objective of ERP, in general, is to try to integrate the departments and control various processes. It's the main objective for big companies where many people are working. By implementing ERP, you can control the processes, control the business consulting, and have one system to handle everything.

What needs improvement?

They don't have built-in bank integrations, which would be very helpful. For API, I know Oracle has a big library of APIs, and you can extend it. But most important integrations are still missing. These are mainly for features to integrate with other systems and other market forces, like banks or civic parties.

For example, for the environment to work using E-Business Suite, which is not handling the budgeting in the power tool, we have to purchase Hyperion and integrate Hyperion with the E-Business Suite. If you want reporting, you can select a reporting tool or different reporting tools for business intelligence. For each case, it's painful to have multi-systems in place. Most companies prefer to have one system and it's costly.

I have been using Oracle E-Business Suite for about 13 years.

Oracle E-business Suite is a stable solution.

Oracle E-business Suite is easy to scale. But sometimes, the company requirements don't fit with the software requirements.

I'm an implementer, so the Oracle E-business Suite's initial setup is easy for me.

I implemented Oracle E-Business Suite by myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Oracle E-Business Suite to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle E-Business Suite an eight.

Other
Mahdi Ajoudanian - PeerSpot reviewer
Product Manager at irisa
Great customization and integration features, unfortunately feels somewhat outdated
  • "ERP is a valuable feature of this product."
  • "User interface is outdated and not user friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in our company to help with processes and dealing with payments for company projects. We are customers of Oracle and I'm the director of ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

There are a few valuable features in this solution, the most valuable of which is the ERP. The customization and integration features are also great, it's the main thing you look for in a suite.

What needs improvement?

Our biggest problem with this solution is the user interface. We'd like to see a simpler, more user-friendly product, with a flexible process, like you get with Fusion or SAP S4HANA. Both those solutions have a better UI, whereas Oracle has older features and feels like an outdated product. We're looking to migrate to another product because of that and because Oracle is lacking AI features.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable product.

Technical support is a mixed bag and depends on the support requested. Sometimes it goes to someone who isn't knowledgeable and can't help us and sometimes they're fine and can solve our problem.

The initial setup was a little complex for us and I think it took close to seven months to complete using an integrator team; it's a continuous process. We have a team that deals with the maintenance of the solution and there are around 400 users in the company.

This is an expensive solution but it's to be expected because ERPs are expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is still a good product and I would recommend it even though it doesn't suit us anymore.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Head of Data Management Section at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good step-by-step documentation, reliable, and scalable, but support and licensing fees are expensive
  • "Technical support is good."
  • "Pricing is the biggest disadvantage of Oracle."

What is our primary use case?

We are an enterprise government organization.

We are a public sector utility company.

What needs improvement?

They should charge lower support and licensing fees. Pricing is the biggest disadvantage of Oracle.

Releases are a different issue, first, they have to consider the initial support cost as well as the licensing cost. Furthermore, they should not force customers to use hybrid or private clouds.

I have been working with Oracle E-Business Suite for more than ten years.

We are a large enterprise, and we have been using E-Business Suite for 15 years. And now we're thinking about changing the technology.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a stable product, as well as many other vendors.

Oracle E-Business Suite is a scalable solution.

We are a large enterprise, and we have been using E-Business Suite for 15 years. And now we're thinking about changing the technology.

Technical support is good.

I am a flexible IT professional who is not limited to a single technology. I have experience in Unix administration, Linux administration, and storage administration.

The initial setup is easy. Oracle provides step-by-step documentation.

With resources and experience, it is easy.

Fees for support and licensing should be reduced.

Support must be paid for separately, but third-party support is less expensive and has more resources.

What other advice do I have?

We use Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Utilities.

I started my career using Oracle Databases, and I am still using Oracle.

I would rate Oracle E-Business Suite a six out of ten.

UsmanAli - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
A world-class application that's user-friendly and flexible
  • "This is a world-class application that includes a lot of business processes from other ERPs that Oracle has acquired."
  • "Areas for improvement would be that sometimes it's a bit rigid with customization and doesn't always facilitate region-specific requirements."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's more flexible than other ERPs available on the market, and it is very easy for users to learn and for business processes to be configured.

What needs improvement?

Areas for improvement would be that sometimes it's a bit rigid with customization and doesn't always facilitate region-specific requirements. In the next release, I would like to see a more flexible way to implement the product - it should have a process-driven configuration and a common user language. I would also like them to add an auto-responding intelligence with a common database for errors so that the end-user can figure out where the problem is coming from.

I have been using this solution for over ten years.

This solution is generally stable as long as it has a good infrastructure. There are some bugs, but Oracle releases patches periodically, and they're never big enough to interrupt business.

Technical support is ok but has become less responsive over the last few years (although it tends to be faster for cloud-based applications).

This is a highly-priced application and would not be affordable for small or medium business domains (although their cloud-based applications are cheaper).

What other advice do I have?

Anyone considering implementing this product should consider choosing the cloud versions, as that is where the world is going. However, keep in mind that the cloud version is not as flexible as on-premises. This is a world-class application that includes a lot of business processes from other ERPs that Oracle has acquired. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.

Ravi_S - PeerSpot reviewer
Head - Financial Reporting and Taxation at Sify Technologies
Lacking billing module, expensive, but reliable
  • "The solution is good for small businesses."
  • "Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution in our whole business as an EBS.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good for small businesses.

What needs improvement?

Earlier when our organization was small they chose Oracle because in the telecommunication industry everybody was using Oracle. Our company has grown to a size where our particularly billing phase has created some challenges and now we are looking at alternate solutions. There is not a billing engine or module that you can buy from Oracle that can be added to this EBS solution to fix our problem. They should add a billing module or engine to the solution.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

The scalability has been good.

We have been in continuous contact with technical support but they do not have a solution to the billing problems we are faced with. Additionally, there are other issues they have not been able to help us with.

The initial setup was complex. The migration took a very long time, approximately four months.

The price of the solution is extremely high.

We are evaluating different solutions.

What other advice do I have?

In my current scenario, I would not recommend EBS for anyone. It is better to purchase a cloud solution rather than having this one.

I rate Oracle E-Business Suite a five out of ten.

Download our free Oracle E-Business Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022