Sector Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Allows for smooth administration
  • "We find the solution to be reliable for our customers and it is nice that it is cloud-based and can be accessed from anywhere."
  • "The solution should have greater on-premises availability, not just cloud and more package customization in its processing."

What is most valuable?

We find the solution to be reliable for our customers and it is nice that it is cloud-based and can be accessed from anywhere. It allows for smooth administration. The dashboard is so simple and the solution can be integrated with other vendors, even Cisco. This is why we have chosen to be resellers of the product.

What needs improvement?

I do not see much room for improvement. I have not encountered any issues with the solution, though it may be worth checking this with the technical team involved in its implementation.

This said, it is scalable for midsize companies and infrastructure but, owing to the regulations we have in place in Egypt, not every enterprise-sized company. This means the solution did not comply with everything in the financial sector, such as with our central bank. As such, one who is working in the financial sector must resort to another solution or, at the least, another one in addition to Okta Workforce Identity.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for six or seven months.

The solution is stable.

Okta Workforce Identity
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable for midsize companies and infrastructure.

While I can't speak on behalf of my colleagues, I have not made use of technical support.

The pricing is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

While I don't have specific advice for those looking to implement the solution, I feel a visit is warranted for one who needs a cloud solution for SSO and identity management.

I rate the solution as a seven to eight out of ten.

Reynah Malvar - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Solutions Engineer at InfocentricPH
Reseller
Plenty of capabilities, reliable, and beneficial single sign-on

What is our primary use case?

We are using Okta Workforce Identity for our clients to be able to plug into the applications without entering the credentials. We are using a single sign-on for our services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in Okta Workforce Identity is the single sign-on,  universal directory, and lifecycle management.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for approximately three years.

Okta Workforce Identity is stable.

The scalability of Okta Workforce Identity is good when accessing all our applications.

We have approximately 500 users using this solution in my organization. The IT department is mostly using the solution.

Okta Workforce Identity could improve the support system, they are too slow.

We have not used other solutions.

The initial setup of Okta Workforce Identity was straightforward. The deployment took us approximately one and a half months. This included many different applications and services.

We did the implementation ourselves.

The price of the solution is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to explore Okta Workforce Identity well before using it. It has a lot of capabilities.

I rate Okta Workforce Identity a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Okta Workforce Identity
November 2022
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Alexis Tran - PeerSpot reviewer
Responsable Avant-vente at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful multi-factor authentication, scalable, stable, and easy to install
  • "The most valuable features depend on a customer's needs. Our customers generally find multi-factor authentication very useful."
  • "The lifecycle management part can be improved. It should also have identity governance and the ability to choose a specific factor authentication at the application level. Its licensing and pricing can also be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use it for multi-factor authentication, lifecycle, and workflow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features depend on a customer's needs. Our customers generally find multi-factor authentication very useful.

What needs improvement?

The lifecycle management part can be improved. It should also have identity governance and the ability to choose a specific factor authentication at the application level.

Its licensing and pricing can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable.

We scaled it for some customers. There were no problems.

We are only using professional services at the moment.

It was easy.

It has a yearly subscription. As compared to its competitors, it is quite expensive. It also has a complex licensing model.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise others to be aware of the complexity of the license. They should make sure that they have all the features that they want.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity an eight out of ten.

Implementation Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Straightforward and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for identity and access management. The single sign-on and access control can be done as a part of Okta. You have APIs to work within Okta and user provisioning.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It's my personal opinion, but it was a classic UI and now the UI is different. I was used to the old UI and when I moved from the old to new, I found it a bit difficult.

I have more than a few years experience of working on Okta.

It is stable.

The technical support for Okta is really supportive.

It's on a cloud platform, so all you have to do are the configurations.

What other advice do I have?

As Okta is basically comm center identity and access management, I rate it nine out of ten.

Security Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
User friendly implementation, highly secure, and reliable

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Okta Workforce Identity are MFA, and SSO, which have high security.

What needs improvement?

Okta Workforce Identity can improve by having more features in governance.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for approximately one and a half years.

Okta Workforce Identity is stable.

Okta Workforce Identity was easy to install, it is user-friendly when it comes to implementation.

The price of Okta Workforce Identity is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Okta Workforce Identity a ten out of ten.

Grijesh Maurya - PeerSpot reviewer
Distinguished Engineer & Senior Technical Architect at Pitney Bowes
Identity management service with a broad range of features and capabilities

What is most valuable?

This solution has a lot of capabilities and features.

What needs improvement?

The cost per user for this solution is really high and could be reduced.

We have experienced some challenges in integrating this solution with Scope and Cognito.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

We have been satisfied with their customer support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Roberto Croce - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Architect for IAM Solutions at vantea
Automation solution that offers good performance, fast integration and is very responsive

What is most valuable?

The provisioning functionality has been the most valuable. This solution has good performance, fast integration and is very responsive.

What needs improvement?

This user integration with the Okta integration network could be simplified.

I have used this solution for one year.

This is a stable solution.

The customer service and support is fast and effective.

Download our free Okta Workforce Identity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022