We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Alexis Tran
Responsable Avant-vente at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful multi-factor authentication, scalable, stable, and easy to install
  • "The most valuable features depend on a customer's needs. Our customers generally find multi-factor authentication very useful."
  • "The lifecycle management part can be improved. It should also have identity governance and the ability to choose a specific factor authentication at the application level. Its licensing and pricing can also be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use it for multi-factor authentication, lifecycle, and workflow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features depend on a customer's needs. Our customers generally find multi-factor authentication very useful.

What needs improvement?

The lifecycle management part can be improved. It should also have identity governance and the ability to choose a specific factor authentication at the application level.

Its licensing and pricing can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable.

We scaled it for some customers. There were no problems.

We are only using professional services at the moment.

It was easy.

It has a yearly subscription. As compared to its competitors, it is quite expensive. It also has a complex licensing model.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise others to be aware of the complexity of the license. They should make sure that they have all the features that they want.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity an eight out of ten.

Implementation Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Straightforward and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for identity and access management. The single sign-on and access control can be done as a part of Okta. You have APIs to work within Okta and user provisioning.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It's my personal opinion, but it was a classic UI and now the UI is different. I was used to the old UI and when I moved from the old to new, I found it a bit difficult.

I have more than a few years experience of working on Okta.

It is stable.

The technical support for Okta is really supportive.

It's on a…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I have more than a few years experience of working on Okta.

It is stable.

The technical support for Okta is really supportive.

It's on a cloud platform, so all you have to do are the configurations.

What other advice do I have?

As Okta is basically comm center identity and access management, I rate it nine out of ten.

Download our free Okta Workforce Identity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.