Thiago Lopes - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
An easy setup with easy management capabilities and a full set of features
  • "The initial setup is easy."
  • "The pricing could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primarily use of the solution has been for education and to support our Federation identification as well. We also use it for a Google IDM, in that you use it to segregate our Google DCB environment and provide for our engineers.

What is most valuable?

Overall, the solution works perfectly.

We especially appreciate that it's very easy to manage. For me, as a manager, it brings a lot of value for us and makes our clients very happy.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution really does have all of the features we need.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved. Right now, it's a bit expensive. They should work to make it more affordable.

In general, the solution isn't really missing any features. It's rather complete. I can't recall anything that would need to be added into future updates.

I've been dealing with the solution for about a year and a half or something like that. It hasn't been too long.

Okta Workforce Identity
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability has been perfect. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's performance is reliable. We're quite satisfied.

Being a cloud product, and like other cloud products, the solution can scale quite well. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with ease. It's very accommodating.

Currently, we have more than 130 users on the solution.

I can't speak to the quality of technical support. I've never used them. I couldn't say if they are knowledgeable or responsive. I have no personal experience in the matter.

The initial implementation is not overly complex. It's easy. It's rather straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the setup process.

The deployment is pretty quick. We had everything set up within a week or so. It's not a long, drawn-out process by any means.

The pricing is a bit costly. It could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers. We have a business relationship with the organization.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm currently using right now.

This, overall, is a very good solution. It can solve a lot of problems related to compliance regulations. We looked at this kind of solution as we don't have a PCI. It works well for us.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

Berkley Lamb - PeerSpot reviewer
Access Integration Engineer at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Highly scalable, good support, and useful user management
  • "The initial setup of Okta Workforce Identity is straightforward. I was able to get an environment ready within half a day."
  • "Okta Workforce Identity could improve provisioning it can be made simpler."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Okta Workforce Identity for identity access management.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta Workforce Identity has helped improve our organization by providing customer identity management, customer onboarding, customer identity stores, workforce provisioning. Additionally, single sign-on is one of the primary functions that has been a benefit.

What needs improvement?

Okta Workforce Identity could improve provisioning it can be made simpler.

They are implementing in one of the newer releases certification, attestation, and some role-mining abilities, but I don't know how far along that's going to be. That's a statement that they said they are going to have in the future.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for approximately three years.

Okta Workforce Identity is scalable.

The scalability of Okta Workforce Identity is great. It's a SaaS solution the scalability is one of the built-in expectations with it. It can scale, even though I don't scale it personally with any of the companies I worked with, it can potentially scale to support millions. It's easily scalable.

I rate the support from Okta Workforce Identity a four out of five.

I have previously used Oracle Access Management, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, and ADFS. Those would be the major ones. I've been introduced to small ones, such as PingFederate, but I never used those heavily.

We switched solutions because of the architectural design. We chose Okta Workforce Identity for external customers, it's a customer identity platform that we decided to go with.

The initial setup of Okta Workforce Identity is straightforward. I was able to get an environment ready within half a day.

I rate the initial setup experience of Okta Workforce Identity a four out of five.

I have used an integrator and have done the implementation myself for Okta Workforce Identity.

Okta Workforce Identity scales up by the user, and then by the service that you're purchasing.

The solution is not the cheapest but not the most expensive. They are in the middle rating.

I rate the price of Okta Workforce Identity a three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Okta Workforce Identity an eight out of ten.

Other
Okta Workforce Identity
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Director of Application Services at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reliable, good multifactor authentication and single sign-on functionality, and helpful support
  • "It's reliable and it does what it is advertised to do."
  • "The guest user access could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for MFA and single sign-on.

It's our enterprise-wide identity management system. It identifies all of our users prior to accessing any of our applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It assures us that everybody is authenticated prior to accessing any corporate applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are multifactor authentication and single sign-on.

It's reliable and it does what it is advertised to do.

What needs improvement?

The guest user access could be improved. How do we authenticate people that aren't in our Active Directory?

In the next release, I would like to see passwordless access.

I have been using this solution for four years.

We are working with the current version.

This product is very stable and is one of our best applications. It's the most reliable application and it never goes down.

It's a scalable solution and we are able to add users as needed.

We have about 4,000 users and it's all employees and contractors within the company.

Every employee uses this solution every day, multiple times a day, and we plan to increase usage.

They meet our needs.

We haven't had a problem with technical support answering any of our questions.

We went from using nothing to Okta Workforce Identity.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It was a week-long process to deploy.

We need one and a half persons to do the configuration, maintain this solution for administrators and the development.

We completed the implementation in-house.

We have seen a return on investment by using Okta Workforce Identity.

I can't discuss pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Follow along with what Okta recommends.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Secure environment, helpful support, useful feature sets
  • "The most valuable features of Okta Workforce Identity are SSO, MFA, and beneficial feature sets."
  • "Okta Workforce Identity could improve the way passwords are reset and how it interfaces with Microsoft."

What is our primary use case?

Okta Workforce Identity is used for MFA and SSO and it satisfies application authentication.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta Workforce Identity has helped our organization by allowing us to work remotely in a secure environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Okta Workforce Identity are SSO, MFA, and beneficial feature sets.

What needs improvement?

Okta Workforce Identity acquired Auth0 and they should have a solution with integration between the two.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for approximately five years.

Okta Workforce Identity has been stable in our usage.

The scalability of Okta Workforce Identity is good, it scales up well. We do not have any issues with slowness, outages, or when we need to increase users.

We have approximately 2,500 users using this solution and their roles vary from administrators, end-users, and highly-trained individuals.

We plan to increase usage, and it will be global.

The technical support is good, we have always had an effective response.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took approximately two months.

I would rate the initial implementation of Okta Workforce Identity a four out of five.

We used Okta to do the implementation. Our experience with them was good, everything went well.

We have two people who do the maintenance and support of the solution.

The price of Okta Workforce Identity is competitively priced. We pay annually for the use of the solution.

We evaluated Microsoft Azure before choosing Okta Workforce Identity.

Microsoft Azure was not closely compatible with their features and support.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to look for an independent tool that goes across applications because you have to look at Apple and Microsoft toolsets. A good independent solution that is hardware agnostic is Okta Workforce Identity.

I rate Okta Workforce Identity nine out of ten.

Global Leader - Application Operations & Opera at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Quality, scalable solution for user and application authentication

What is our primary use case?

We implemented this solution for all employees within our environment. So, the entire single sign-on is through Okta for all of our employees through all applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta enables us to authenticate my users on cloud and SaaS applications such as Workday through Okta workflows.

What is most valuable?

I would like for the onboarding process for new solutions to be simplified because, right now, it is a very lengthy process.

What needs improvement?

We experienced some technical glitches that need to be resolved.

I go into further detail below in the 'stability' section.

We implemented the solution one year ago.

The solution is pretty stable but we have experienced some glitches. We use Zscaler for our security encryption protection. Whenever Zscaler expired, Okta would stop working. We were able to fix this by storing the credentials and local mission that that we would be able to authenticate without Zscaler.

The solution is scalable both on-premise and on cloud. We currently have 36,000 users.

We have not had any major challenges over the past two years; however, they do offer quality customer service to all tickets.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We had a partner help us which made the implementation even easier. We have also outsourced a support party, Data Consultancy Services, to manage the solution for us - they have about three to four engineers manage the solution for us.

We are able to look at our ROI from this solution as an intangible benefit. The solution requires a lot of human capital but offers us security so in our opinion we have received a high ROI as this is something that we have planned for and invested in.

This is an expensive solution but the security makes it worthwhile.

ABHILASH TH - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Director at FOX DATA
Reseller
A simple and perfect solution that has good integration with various platforms and 99.9% uptime
  • "Its simplicity and its integration with various vendor-agnostic platforms are the most valuable features."
  • "It can have more API integrations."

What is our primary use case?

We are an authorised reseller partner

What is most valuable?

Its simplicity and integration with various vendor-agnostic platforms are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

API Securities Solution

I have been engaged with Okta for more than 2 years, have seen the latest version.

It is highly stable. They claim 99.9% uptime. We never came accross downtime and performance issues

Okta is not only a single sign-on platform but also Life cycle management, the core of the Identity Management platform. Okta access gateway can publish on-premise legacy applications to the cloud.

They are very good. The Okta system engineers involved in presales engagement have sound knowledge on Okta platforms and IAM in general. What I have noticed personally is that Okta provides them with extensive training before assigning them to the Job. It helps them in understanding the technology well before starting with the job.

Its initial setup is straight forward. Okta tenant creation can be done quickly. Adding users and applications to the okta platform has customer dependabilities. Integration and going live with O365 also takes a little bit more time than other apps because of internal rollout and user training. It is not an Okta problem but needs customer Microsoft teams active involvement

Okta Service Partner

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend a phase-wise approach and not doing everything in one step. You can start with the basics of single sign-on and MFA and then proceed to life cycle management. I would also recommend starting with the lest critical applications and then add critical ones to the SSO platform. It is a journey, and we need to start small and slowly migrate it. Adaptive MFA provides proactive defence against login and credential abuse.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a ten out of ten.

Other
Hichem TALEB-BENDIAB - PeerSpot reviewer
CDO & Co-Founder at ELYTIK
Very compliant solution, and it is easy to deploy
  • "It is dependent on the evolution of your user base. It depends on usage per user, so the more sign-ins there are, the more expensive it becomes, so it works best for smaller companies from a financial perspective."
  • "Therefore, if you have 10 million users, that's almost 100 million, so it is costly."

What is our primary use case?

I am not using the custom identity aspect; I use it only for customers and staff. We wish to sell the customer EIM because, at the moment, they have a SaaS solution. You can use Microsoft Azure to host Workforce Identity.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta is a very compliant solution, and it is easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

It is not very interesting from a marketing perspective. For this, you can use open source solutions to reflect different groups.

Customer EIM is a new concept, and historically we use the customer EIM for the questionnaires or with focus. We have been using it for about 7 years.

It is a stable product.

It is a perfect solution in terms of scalability.

Technical support is excellent.

All the providers of EIM have the same licensing model. If you have 10 million users or customers of Okta, it is just one payment. However, it is costly in this case. The licensing model is unique to each user. Each user costs 10 euros. Therefore, if you have 10 million users, that's almost 100 million, so it is costly. The model is effective, however. Each user's identity is unique. It is cheaper for small companies and organizations, as they have fewer users. It is dependent on the evolution of your user base. It depends on usage per user, so the more sign-ins there are, the more expensive it becomes, so it works best for smaller companies from a financial perspective.

We considered Arribatec, which is a new startup solution in the market.

What other advice do I have?

If you require identity solutions as a service, I would recommend it, but it is dependent on the use case. I would rate this solution 7 out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
Information Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to set up, good documentation, and supports YubiKey
  • "The support for YubiKey is really good because you don't actually have to type in your username and password."
  • "There are some issues with the interface that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to control access to applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are identity management and OpenID.

At this time, Okta is doing really well and covering every aspect. Everybody in the company knows Okta and how to work with it.

The support for YubiKey is really good because you don't actually have to type in your username and password. Everything is taken care of, automatically.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues with the interface that can be improved.

I have been working with Okta Workforce Identity for more than three years.

The stability is good.

This is a scalable solution and we have more than 10,000 users.

They provide a lot of support but there are still places where we get stuck.

Prior to Okta, we were working with Active Directory.

We are using Azure for authentication and I really like Okta compared to that. Okta is more extensive than the product from Microsoft Azure.

The initial setup is really easy.

We have three people for maintenance.

The price of this product could be lower. It's just like Box, where when it first came on the market the price was lower. Once people started using it, the price increased.

I am looking forward to seeing what Azure Active Directory has to offer. Microsoft is giving Okta competition in terms of pricing and other features.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product but it is not perfect. There are some areas that need improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Okta Workforce Identity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022