We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
BRETT SCHRIOCK
IT Director at Madison County
Stable, works well, and you don't have to worry about it
  • "What I liked about these is that they worked. I didn't touch them or do anything with them. They were up and running when I came here. Once they are set up and running, you don't have to worry about them."
  • "It is expensive. Juniper seems to have a lot more to offer for future expansion. Juniper has some features that are not there in this solution."

What is our primary use case?

They were for our Sheriff's department.

What is most valuable?

What I liked about these is that they worked. I didn't touch them or do anything with them. They were up and running when I came here. Once they are set up and running, you don't have to worry about them.

What needs improvement?

It is expensive. Juniper seems to have a lot more to offer for future expansion. Juniper has some features that are not there in this solution.

It has been over three years.

They have been very stable. We didn't see any issues.

I didn't have to scale it. We had 26 users. They included secretaries and deputies to Sheriff.

I never used them. I never had to.

They were set up before I got here.

It is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to take a look at Juniper. We were using Cisco Meraki devices, but they are kind of end-of-life. We're changing our systems because of a policy change about the use of wireless solutions. So, we don't need them anymore. Juniper seems to have a lot more to offer for future expansion.

I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN a nine out of ten. It works well.

Network Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good management, easy to setup, stable, and it is scalable

What is our primary use case?

I am a system integrator. I help integrate Meraki Solutions.  We have customers with offices in Sri Lanka who have other small resorts globally. We use Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for the management and configuration without having to go to the site.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the application visibility, which is one of the main features.

What needs improvement?

We need more options for core switches. More switches with hardware capabilities that can be used at the core level. That would be very helpful. It would be good to integrate with ISE in the future.

I have been integrating Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for more than five years.

What do I think about the

What is our primary use case?

I am a system integrator. I help integrate Meraki Solutions.

What needs improvement?

It would be good to integrate with ISE in the future.

I have been integrating Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for more than five years.

I don't have any issues with the stability of the Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN.

It's a scalable solution.

Most of our clients are enterprise companies.

Technical support is good but can be improved. I would rate them an eight out of ten.

I am a design engineer. I work with Cisco Meraki, Aruba, Alcatel, and Ruckus.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I would say that they have adequate pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mansukh Bhesania
MD and CEO at Aster Networks Pvt Ltd
Easy to setup and and offers a single point of management

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the Wireless solutions that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud management.

What needs improvement?

The Meraki platform needs better on-premises management options.

I have been working with this specific product for three years, and more generally with Cisco for 20.

This solution is scalable and we haven't had any issues with it. I would say that it is for medium-sized and enterprise-level businesses.

Meraki Wireless LAN is a stable product.

We…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is cloud management.

What needs improvement?

The Meraki platform needs better on-premises management options.

Meraki Wireless LAN is a stable product.

We have dealt with Cisco's technical support in the past and we are satisfied with the service.

We have experience with similar products by other vendors such as Aruba and Arista, and we prefer products by Cisco.

The initial setup is very easy. The length of time required for deployment depends on the situation at the client's site, in terms of readiness. It will also vary depending on the number of switches and routers that are in-place or need to be installed.

Generally, the deployment will not take more than two hours.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that we recommend over other similar ones by other vendors.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Infrastructure Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Very easy installation, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We're using Meraki for our AP. We're also using Meraki for our SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The visibility of the site is most useful.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing can be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is pretty stable.

We have scaled it. There is no problem. We have 230 users, and they don't even know that it exists.

It is straightforward and very easy. It is basically plug-and-play. It is very quick. It probably takes more time to actually do the physical installation.

I did one…

What is our primary use case?

We're using Meraki for our AP. We're also using Meraki for our SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The visibility of the site is most useful.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing can be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is pretty stable.

We have scaled it. There is no problem.

We have 230 users, and they don't even know that it exists.

It is straightforward and very easy. It is basically plug-and-play.

I did one site myself. The rest were done by others. They were IT guys.

We have four people for deployment and maintenance. They are SMEs or system specialists.

Its price is okay for an enterprise. Its licensing is the most painful. If you hear anything bad about Cisco, it's about that. We're supposed to be one of the resellers but had to come back down to become a user. It's really bizarre.

We did evaluate other options. It was a long ago.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN an eight out of 10.

Network Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Reliable and easy to set up but support varies in quality
  • "Provided reliability and a good price."
  • "Quality of technical support varies."

What is our primary use case?

The main use case is as an enterprise network for the user working in the office and for guests.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided reliability and a good price for my organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is wireless connectivity.

I've been using this solution for two to three years.

This is a scalable solution.

The quality of technical support varies, sometimes it's very good, sometimes not.

I also work with Cisco Wireless LAN. We choose to work with Meraki because we are familiar with the technology from selling the solution.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. In general, setup should not take more than one or two days.

Licensing is available on a yearly basis. A higher subscription fee may be necessary if extra features are required.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco Meraki is quite reliable and provides good support, on a par with other brands. It also requires less time to implement and maintain the network, and it can save running and operating costs. I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.

Other
Andre Walke
Project Co-Ordinator at Ministry of Innovation, Science and Smart Technology
Scalable, robust, and it can be deployed on the cloud and on-premises

What is our primary use case?

We have deployed this solution both on private cloud and on-premises across at least 100 distinct locations.

What needs improvement?

I can't say that there are any additional features that we would like to see included in it. Our only concern at this stage is how it's licensed.

We have been using Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for approximately four years.

It is very stable, very resilient, and very robust.

We don't have any challenges with the scalability so far. From our experience, it's quite scalable. On a daily basis, we probably have an excess of 5,000 users on this solution. There are no…

What needs improvement?

We have been using Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN for approximately four years.

It is very stable, very resilient, and very robust.

On a daily basis, we probably have an excess of 5,000 users on this solution.

There are no immediate plans to increase usage, however, there's probably a growth rate of about 5% to 8% per year for the next year or two.

This solution is not significantly hard to setup and deploy.

It's a manual process.

We deployed this solution across a complete government network over a three-year period.

We had a system integrations consultant working cohesively with us on it.

We don't like the licensing model and we think that it needs to be improved significantly.

Founder & MD at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Excellent support, easy to use, and flexible, but needs better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We are using it at the hospitals for transmission for hardware switches. We are connected with various IoT devices.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use and flexibility are most valuable. It is cloud-based software.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be reduced.

I have been using this solution for a few months.

We have been using it only for a few months. We need to use it for a longer time to see its stability.

We have more than 40 users at the moment, but the number is growing.

Their support is extremely good. They generally dispatch…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use and flexibility are most valuable. It is cloud-based software.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be reduced.

I have been using this solution for a few months.

We have more than 40 users at the moment, but the number is growing.

Their support is extremely good. They generally dispatch the hardware in four hours. They give us a dispatch notice just after four hours of lodging a complaint. Their engineer does the on-site visit within 24 hours.

It is not complicated. It is quite user-friendly.

Its price is high and should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. They have a good setup and local support in India.

I would rate Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN a seven out of ten. There is always room for improvement, and they can do some things better. We have been using it for a few months, and we don't yet know if there are any bugs or issues.

Principal at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Provides a high level of security and stability for teleconferencing

What is our primary use case?

We have a small, growing company, and they're looking for a wireless capability to do typical office stuff, except that now, we're doing a lot more meetings on Teams and Zoom. We often have a setup where a few people in a conference room connect with remote workers on a Teams meeting. We've had some Teams and Zoom calls interrupted due to problems with the wireless and the wide-area network, as well as some other standard internet issues. Meraki is a decent solution for a small company, and we use it in a pretty typical way. We need Teams and Zoom to work, and we need a high level of security because we want our business to remain confidential.

My company has been using Meraki Wireless for several years, but I've…

What is our primary use case?

My company has been using Meraki Wireless for several years, but I've only been involved for a year and a half.

I haven't interacted with technical support. I hire third-party technical staff, and they deal with all the actual support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Cisco Meraki Wireless eight out of 10. My suggestion to anyone looking to implement this kind of solution is to use a smart consultant. I use technical consultants to handle things like picking out a solution. So I have one guy who says Ubiquiti would be a great platform, and the other says they think Meraki is the best platform.

Product Categories
Wireless LAN
Download our free Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.