Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Sr Advisory Technical Specialist at IBM
Good for planning and analysis, and is stable and scalable, but its technical support needs improvement and building reports and dashboards could be difficult without proper system knowledge
  • "The features that are most valuable in SAP Analytics Cloud are the planning feature and the predictive analytics feature, though the planning feature needs to be more efficient."
  • "An area for improvement in SAP Analytics Cloud is its planning feature because it's not that efficient when compared to BPC. Another area for improvement in the solution is the difficulty in building reports or dashboards, particularly if you don't have proper knowledge of the BI system. SAP Analytics Cloud technical support also needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP Analytics Cloud for creating dashboards for higher management. Our managers use this for business planning purposes, viewing monthly and quarterly reports, particularly sales, finance, and planned maintenance reports.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable in SAP Analytics Cloud are the planning feature and the predictive analytics feature, though the planning feature needs to be more efficient.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in SAP Analytics Cloud is its planning feature because it's not that efficient when compared to BPC.

SAP Analytics Cloud technical support also needs improvement.

I've been using SAP Analytics Cloud for around three years now.

SAP Analytics Cloud
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about SAP Analytics Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SAP Analytics Cloud is a stable solution. In terms of stability, it's pretty good.

SAP Analytics Cloud has good scalability.

The technical support for SAP Analytics Cloud is not good. If you have a ticket, you won't get a solution to it immediately. If you're facing any issue with the solution, you have to wait for a few days, or at least one week to get it resolved. Support for SAP Analytics Cloud could be faster and could be improved.

We didn't switch from Power BI to SAP Analytics Cloud. We use them in parallel where the systems are being developed in Power BI and reports are being developed in SAP Analytics Cloud.

The initial setup for SAP Analytics Cloud was not that straightforward because it depends on your source system. If you have an SAP source system, the setup is quite straightforward, but if you're using a non-SAP system or a third-party system, setting up SAP Analytics Cloud would be quite complex. My company used the Agile implementation strategy.

We implemented SAP Analytics Cloud in-house, and not via a third-party vendor.

I have no information on the licensing costs of SAP Analytics Cloud because a separate team takes care of it.

My company evaluated Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

My company has around fifteen users of SAP Analytics Cloud.

My advice to anyone looking into using SAP Analytics Cloud is to first have an understanding of the BI system, based on the BI data models, and to have good analytical skills to develop reports in the solution. If you know the system, you can create reports and dashboards in SAP Analytics Cloud, but if you don't, you'll find it difficult.

I would also tell others to go for SAP Analytics Cloud over other technologies because SAP has a vast infrastructure, so you can integrate different modules and products within SAP very easily. For example, SAP has launched Data Warehouse Cloud, so you don't need a separate BI solution such as the SAP BW/4HANA system. You can directly take the data from the source and store it in the cloud, and compared to other technologies, it's quite cheap as well.

My company doesn't have any plans of increasing usage of SAP Analytics Cloud, but there's a plan to integrate it with SAP DWC.

I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud seven out of ten.

Anthony Debyser - PeerSpot reviewer
BI Architect at ArcelorMittal
User-friendly, very scalable and stable for dashboard design, but still with plenty of room for improvement.
  • "Its user-friendliness is valuable. It is a product for end-users and not for IT, which is an advantage."
  • "It still lacks a lot of functionalities as compared to other tools such as Power BI or Tableau. Sorting is not working as well as it works in Tableau. A lot of other things are also not at the same level. Their technical support is not perfect and could be better. It takes a lot of time to have lacking functionalities implemented. Its integration with the BW backend should be better. Both solutions are from the same vendor. They position SAP Analytics Cloud as a reporting tool on top of the BW environment, but the integration between both is not yet 100%. For example, user management is still not synchronized."

What is our primary use case?

We have our data stored in SAP BW. SAP Analytics Cloud is now the main Reporting Tool from SAP. We are gradually shifting the reporting from BO Webi / BO Lumira / BEx Wad to SAC.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the buy-in from business for SAP technology.

What is most valuable?

Its user-friendliness is very valuable for end-users. It allows them to create dashboards without very experienced IT knowledge (compared to BO Lumira).

What needs improvement?

Though it's the best placed product when working with an SAP BW backend, it still lacks a lot of functionalities when compared to other tools such as Power BI or Tableau

The technical support of SAP is not perfect and could be much better.

It takes a lot of time to have lacking functionalities implemented.

The integration with the BW backend can still be improved. Though both solutions are from the same vendor and the tool is positioned as "the" reporting tool on top of a BW environment, the integration between both still lacks a smooth integration. For example, authorization management is still not synchronized out of the box.

We were amidst the first adaptors of SAC and have seen it growing to a more mature level.

It is quite stable. We had very limited downtime in the past years. The continuous upgrades (cloud) can deliver sometimes moments of surprise, certainly when the layout is impacted.

It is very scalable.

Their technical support is not perfect and could be better. SAP Analytics Cloud is still lacking a lot of functionalities as compared to its competitors, and when we address these questions to SAP, it takes a lot of time to have these functionalities implemented.

Yes, multiple tools: WAD, BO xCelcius, Lumira.

It is the future vision of SAP (for now).

The initial setup of SAP Analytics Cloud is easy because it is a cloud product. You can start using the environment very soon after the decision to do so is taken.

In house with a little help during startup from SAP.

Its pricing is fair when compared to its competitors.

Tableau, Power BI. From a user perspective, much more flexible and functional, but lacking the proper integration with SAP BW.

What other advice do I have?

If your data is stored in the SAP environment, it is still the best tool in the market. Microsoft Power BI and Tableau are very nice in functionality and layout, but they lack functionality when you link them to an SAP database.

My suggestion would be to use the tools from the same vendor. The reporting tool should be from the same vendor whose backend system you are using. I advised the same in our company because we have a lot of tools. If you have an SAP data warehouse, then use tools from SAP on top of this data warehouse. If you have SQL Database, then Microsoft Power BI is more suitable.

I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud an eight out of ten.

SAP Analytics Cloud
September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cornelia MBA - PeerSpot reviewer
Director - IT Finance/SAP Business One at NQ
Excellent visualization reports, with great stability, and immediate return on investment
  • "The reporting, dashboards, KPIs, and visualization are the most valuable."
  • "I think it would be easier if there was another module created to retrieve only data."

What is our primary use case?

I am using it for the reporting features.

How has it helped my organization?

The financial reports are very easy to read at the end of the month. You can see your profits. The reporting tools and graphs versus sending a report in Excel are great. When it comes to visualization, reading a report visually instead of a number is excellent because it is going to stick with you.

What is most valuable?

The reporting, dashboards, KPIs, and visualization are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I think the editing can be improved. When you import and export the data you edit the report in Power Editor. However, it needs more flexibility and formulas. You have to use DAX and not everyone knows DAX.  I think it would be easier if there was another module created to retrieve only data. When you enter the data, you need a connector to take the data and transform it into your reporting tools.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for the past ten years.

The stability of SAP Analytics Cloud is very good.

The more you train people and give them good information, the more they want to put their trust in new solutions. People are used to getting an excel file for review.  It takes time and publicity to help train people about additional options that are available.

Technical support is only an online chat option.  They need a phone number to talk to someone and they need to increase the support available.  When I had some questions it was not as helpful as it could be. It will tell you where to go on the online chat, but that has its limitations.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I was using Crystal. I switched because I had a lot of processes before I could get to the visualization option. When using SAP Analytics Cloud I just import in Excel and I have the visualization options right there. It is much easier.

The initial setup is straightforward and did not take long to deploy.

I did the installation myself with some customization from the Azure team.

I have seen a return on investment. The value is there instantly because you can make a decision fast when using this report. You can see right away where you want to be. Everybody will invest in this point.

The pricing is based on a monthly or yearly basis.  There are only two options. The free option does not have many capabilities. The premium option is very expensive at five thousand dollars. I use the nine hundred and ninety-nine dollar option. There are no other additional costs involved.

I looked at Tableau however it has limited options in comparison to SAP Analytics Cloud.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend SAP Analytics Cloud.  I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
SAP Architect/ Business Analyst BPC, BW , SAC , FI at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
Good user interface but needs more competitive pricing
  • "The features that I have found most valuable with SAP ERP products are their good user interface, stability, functionality, and good interface options."
  • "They need a better scalability rate."

What is our primary use case?

SAP ERP itself is not a product, it is a suite of products. There are multiple products within SAP ERP or the Business One suit. Analytics for Cloud is one of them. There are multiple other products that we could see if I had different modules. It depends on what module you are.

My primary use for SAP Analytics Cloud Planning is dashboard reporting, forecasting, budgeting, predictive analytics and so on.

SAP ERP products are mainly for business processes improvement.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable with SAP ERP products are their good user interface, stability, functionality, and good interface options.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, I would say their positioning. Effectively there are too many parts from SAP in the planning and consolidation space. If they want to position SAP Analytics Cloud for this space, they need to position it properly and make sure that the other products are also positioned alongside it in such a way that the customer doesn't get confused. That's one more supportive thing. Other than that, the scalability, stability and all that, need to be improved. They need a better scalability rate.

Additionally, SAP ERP could have more competitive pricing, more openness, more accessibility, more standard products, and more planned releases to the new features.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for close to one year and SAP ERP for 15 years.

In terms of stability, SAP Analytics Cloud is still a relatively new product. From a stability point of view, I won't comment because it's recently in the market. I'm sure the new, upcoming releases will be in the right direction to make the product more stable.

In terms of SAP ERP products' scalability, I am a contractor, I don't work for a particular organization, so it depends on where you are implementing. It varies from 5,000 to 20,000 or even 100,000 people using the product.

In terms of numbers of users using SAP Analytics Cloud, it's not financial planning so it is relatively smaller, it may be around 500 users.

In terms of support, it has been really good. They have a good understanding of the product.

The SAP ERP products are not easy to install. But it has its own sequence of steps that we need to follow. But it's not that complicated either.

Generally, in terms of all SAP products, the licensing cost is at a slightly higher price. They need to make it more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the SAP ERP and Analytics Cloud products for users who want to start using it. In general, on a scale of one to ten, I would give SAP ERP an eight.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud a seven.

I would like to see more standardization here.

Sudhir Kanakoti - PeerSpot reviewer
SAP BIBO Consultant at NTT Data
Useful for planning and forecasting; stable, easy to scale, and has good technical support
  • "The most useful feature of SAP Analytics Cloud is planning because it helps users with making predictions and forecasts. Clients can forecast, make data allocations, and other actions. The solution is useful for planning."
  • "An additional feature that needs to be added to SAP Analytics Cloud is exporting because right now, you can only export to PDF and PowerPoint. It would be good to have multiple export options, for example, to Excel and other apps. Pricing is an area for improvement in SAP Analytics Cloud, apart from exporting."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution for a client who wanted to see live dashboards from backend data in the S/4HANA system, to be transferred into SAP Analytics Cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature of SAP Analytics Cloud is planning because it helps users with making predictions and forecasts. Clients can forecast, make data allocations, and other actions. The solution is useful for planning.

What needs improvement?

An additional feature that needs to be added to SAP Analytics Cloud is exporting because right now, you can only export to PDF and PowerPoint. It would be good to have multiple export options, for example, to Excel and other apps.

Pricing is an area for improvement in SAP Analytics Cloud, apart from exporting.

I've been using SAP Analytics Cloud for nearly three years.

SAP Analytics Cloud has good stability.

Scaling up SAP Analytics Cloud is easy. It has good scalability.

I had a couple of requests and the support team for SAP Analytics Cloud was good. On a scale of one to five, I'm rating support as four out of five.

The initial setup for SAP Analytics Cloud is straightforward. How long the deployment takes depends on the client, for example, the solution was already implemented when my team started working with the client, so it was just a matter of transferring existing reports to the SAP Analytics Cloud environment.

The implementation was done by a consultant with good knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud.

I don't have the exact price for SAP Analytics Cloud, but it could be improved and made cheaper, especially when compared to Power BI.

I evaluated Power BI, and it's fairly good, especially in terms of pricing. It's also easier to use, apart from being cheaper than SAP Analytics Cloud, but both are good products.

What other advice do I have?

My company has more than one hundred users of SAP Analytics Cloud, particularly people in project planning and business intelligence departments. The solution requires only two to three people for deployment and maintenance.

My company has plans to increase usage of SAP Analytics Cloud, and there's been some internal training and knowledge sharing going on.

My advice to others who want to use SAP Analytics Cloud is that it's a good tool, especially if you were using older SAP analytics tools. Currently, SAP Analytics Cloud is the most advanced tool, and it helps you with your plans and strategies.

I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud eight out of ten.

AlejandroValencia - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of new business at Perceptio
A business intelligence solution with a useful forecasting feature
  • "I like the product's capabilities. The clarity and scenarios are the main features that allow us to forecast using machine learning algorithms and make decisions."
  • "The price, integration, and modeling capabilities could be better. I have to use an integration engine to integrate our products and databases. SAP Analytics Cloud is made specifically for KPIs and business intelligence. The modeling capabilities are kind of poor. You always have to model the data and then present it visually in SAP Analytics Cloud. In the next release, I would like to have a lite version for planning to create scenarios quickly. For me personally, planning is the most complicated feature of SAP Analytics Cloud."

What is our primary use case?

I used SAP Analytics Cloud to create a functionality called Digital Boardroom, which is mainly an executive KPI form of presentation for board meetings. In Columbia in 2019, there weren't more than five implementations of this solution. All of them were made by SAP directly.

The key solution is the implementation I made for a company with over 16,000 employees and about ten lines of business. We consolidated all the information for ten lines of businesses in the SAP Digital Boardroom.

What is most valuable?

I like the product's capabilities. The clarity and scenarios are the main features that allow us to forecast using machine learning algorithms and make decisions.

What needs improvement?

The price, integration, and modeling capabilities could be better. I have to use an integration engine to integrate our products and databases. SAP Analytics Cloud is made specifically for KPIs and business intelligence. The modeling capabilities are kind of poor. You always have to model the data and then present it visually in SAP Analytics Cloud.

In the next release, I would like to have a lite version for planning to create scenarios quickly. For me personally, planning is the most complicated feature of SAP Analytics Cloud.

I have been working with SAP Analytics Cloud for about six years.

SAP Analytics Cloud is very stable. For all these years, I didn't have any issues.

SAP Analytics Cloud is scalable. If you can collect data from third-party devices, then you can model the data, and it's fully scalable.

Technical support is good.

On a scale from one to five, I would give technical support a four.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup isn't too difficult, but it requires specific knowledge. You need at least three people to set up and maintain this solution for medium-sized projects. You need two people for data construction and one person for data management and integration.

On a scale from one to five, I would give the initial setup a four.

SAP Analytics Cloud is expensive. The price is a big issue if you compare it with other solutions from different vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users to focus on the data, the source of the data, and the modeling capabilities. If you model well, you can present anything you want.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP Analytics Cloud an eight.

I won't give it a ten just because of the solution's modeling capabilities and the price compared to other solutions in the market.

CEO at Attiva Spa
Stable business intelligence platform with reasonable pricing; initial setup was easy
  • "SAP Analytics Cloud is easy to create charts with, and is a stable business intelligence platform. Easy to set up solution."
  • "What should be improved in SAP Analytics Cloud is the speed of importing information and data, e.g. from SAP S/4HANA. Gathering the data from the main database takes a bit of time."

What is our primary use case?

We're using SAP Analytics Cloud for analyzing financial and commercial information.

What is most valuable?

What I really like most about SAP Analytics Cloud is that it's very easy to create charts with it.

What needs improvement?

What should be improved in SAP Analytics Cloud is the speed of importing information and data from SAP S/4HANA, because it's what we're using. We noticed that gathering the data from the main database takes a bit of time.

Another way to improve the product is for them to let others access some information without being part of our SAP company system. If I want a customer to check information directly using SAP Analytics Cloud that would be good, because currently, it doesn't seem to me that this is possible directly in the product. Of course, there's another path to take to reach that goal, but a direct connection for external people who may want to check some information could be useful.

I've been using SAP Analytics Cloud since last July.

SAP Analytics Cloud is a stable product.

The initial setup for SAP Analytics Cloud was quite easy. On a scale of one to five, with five being the best, I'm rating the setup a five. I did the setup with the help of a team, e.g. not just by myself.

I find the pricing of SAP Analytics Cloud reasonable. On a scale of one to five, with five being the best, I'm giving it a score of four out of five for the price.

We adopted Qlik Sense a few years ago, then we started with SAP, and after having tried SAP, we decided to stay with SAP Analytics Cloud. We discharged Qlik Sense.

What other advice do I have?

We're using SAP Analytics Cloud in our company.

I still don't have an idea on how scalable the product is.

I'm unable to give feedback on the technical support for SAP Analytics Cloud, because I don't deal directly with SAP, but with another company that assists us, and they work with SAP.

My advice to others looking into implementing SAP Analytics Cloud is for them to
check the cost of implementation, because the cost of the product is not high, but sometimes the implementation could cost a lot more, e.g. the connection to your access system could cost a lot.

I'm rating SAP Analytics Cloud nine out of ten.

SAP BW Senior Consultant at Capgemini
User-friendly, easy to build, and has a useful reporting feature
  • "SAP Analytics Cloud is a very good tool. The feature that's most useful for me is the reporting as it can be done via Google Chrome. The solution is also very nice, user-friendly, and easy to build. It's very easy to use the features of SAP Analytics Cloud."
  • "What could be improved in SAP Analytics Cloud is integration, particularly in terms of extracting data from the source system. Currently, its data extraction mechanism doesn't have good integration and needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

My company uses SAP Analytics Cloud to create reports for clients. I use the solution to develop reports for clients. The clients would be based out of different locations and do analytics, so I create those reports for clients through SAP Analytics Cloud.

What is most valuable?

SAP Analytics Cloud is a very good tool. The feature that's most useful for me is the reporting as it can be done via Google Chrome. The solution is also very nice, user-friendly, and easy to build. It's very easy to use the features of SAP Analytics Cloud.

What needs improvement?

What could be improved in SAP Analytics Cloud is integration, particularly in terms of extracting data from the source system. Currently, its data extraction mechanism doesn't have good integration and needs improvement.

I've been working with SAP Analytics Cloud for two years now.

SAP Analytics Cloud is a stable tool.

SAP Analytics Cloud is a scalable tool.

I find the technical support for SAP Analytics Cloud helpful.

SAP Analytics Cloud is easy to set up and the deployment took five to six months.

We do the deployment in-house, but clients would still need a resource who can do support and monitoring activities. The client would not be able to handle it himself and would need an IT resource to help, but one or two resources would be enough. One or two resources are enough to maintain SAP Analytics Cloud.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a software engineer and I'm working with SAP Analytics Cloud. I'm using the latest version of the solution which was released this quarter: 2022.07.

SAP Analytics Cloud is deployed on a public cloud, but I don't know the cloud provider, so SAP must have tied up with a data center.

In my company, people who are using the tool have the role of developing it and developing reports, and currently, one hundred people are using SAP Analytics Cloud.

I would recommend SAP Analytics Cloud to others who are currently not using it because it is a very good, easy-to-use tool. It's quite user-friendly and that's the most important factor.

My rating for SAP Analytics Cloud is eight out of ten.

I'm not a customer, but a partner of SAP Analytics Cloud.

Download our free SAP Analytics Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022