We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Senior System Developer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Workflows are easily automated; great risk management and policy compliance features
  • "Enables development of any application, automation of any workflow including the GRC work processes."
  • "GUI could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

My role is as a developer or administrator of this tool, but I'm also a user. I work as a senior system developer and we are customers of RSA Archer.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, the process we required was carried out in Excel data with follow-up emails through Outlook and it was very difficult to track. After we implemented Archer, things worked a lot more smoothly, and rather than looking for things, the system sends a notification reminder. We can do everything within the tools; updating records and publishing them, maintaining approvals, reminders, reporting, and dashboards.

Some of our clients who use Archer bring the activities scan and present data into Archer, and can then manage their workflow. They can see the overall risk rating, how it relates and where it's coming from, the device causing it, those kinds of things. They wouldn't have been able to do that without Archer.

What is most valuable?

The tool is really well designed overall and you can develop any application, automate any workflow including the GRC work processes. Workflow can be automated very easily so that providing access and making changes are all relatively simple. I find that integrations are very easy in this tool. For example, bringing data from an external tool is easy and manageable. It also provides a single tool to manage all the different workflows and different processes. For example, you can perform risk management, policy compliance, audit, and all other processes. It's really a one-stop-shop and a great feature compared to what other tools offer. Finally, the core solution and library provided with the tool are great compared to other tools like ServiceNow, which still process metrics. I don't think they come close to Archer.

What needs improvement?

Other tools, specifically designed for audit management have a better GUI than Archer. The problem with Archer is the business process. If you design in Archer you get a lot of tasks and a lot of information that gets congealed, which users don't like. The issues can be solved using the advanced workflow feature of Archer but it was only recently introduced and most clients are still using the old version to run the workflow.

If your process requests many tasks, many approvals, workflows, etc., then you're definitely going to see a lot of information in one sheet which makes the job harder. It's all dependent on your process. There are some flaws in the system, which are generally rectified over time but there is still room for improvement. I've previously given some feedback and, in general, there are a lot of complaints about the GUI.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is very stable but as the data grows and the size of the database grows, you need to add additional servers or sources to manage latency. It creates a lot of logs and the data fills up if it's not properly maintained. It doesn't require daily maintenance but a clean-up is needed at least once a year. If you have really good hardware resources, you don't really need to do that.

The solution is easy to scale. Just add a server, then store the tool in it and then load balance it. It's not difficult. We have around 2,000 regular users and we're likely to increase that.

I think customer support is really good. There are some times when they don't have a solution to a new problem, something newly identified, but they submit it to the engineering team and ultimately it gets fixed. It can sometimes take a few months but I don't see any major issues with their support. I think they're pretty good.

The initial setup is reasonably straightforward. Deployment is generally carried out by one person. If a company wants to maintain segregation of duties, then multiple teams are necessary; one for development and another for deploying the change in production. Deployment time depends on the change you are pushing. If there are multiple items involved, the best option is to deploy the package. If the application has millions of records, then it will take longer to recalculate. If there's a smaller number of records, deployment can be done in a couple of hours.

We've definitely seen a saving with the automation of the process. It saves time which can be spent on other activities. And, of course, that means a cost saving.

I believe our licensing costs are around $100,000 for the tool and that possibly includes a basic solution that comes with the tool. If you then need another solution then there is an added cost for that. I don't know how that compares to the cost of other tools.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone trying to automate a data GI processor, Archer is a good product.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Cyber security consultant at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to configure, but customization is a challenge
  • "This solution helped us with the centralization of our governance data, so we could house all of our controls in one place. We could use that central repository of all our controls to build our risk management strategy and our policy and governance. So we could use controls as a central library and build policy, and then build risk management around it."
  • "Archer could be improved by having more customization. I'm not sure if the backend processes have API calls and those kinds of seamless integrations, but from the front, some of the solutions are very out-of-the-box. It's not customizable, so that could be a little problematic since you have to use their features. In terms of the backend structure, I'm not too sure because I'm not a developer—I was an end user and product owner of Archer—and I don't quite know the backend and developmental features. But since it's an out-of-the-box solution, sometimes customization was challenging and support was a little problematic because we had to reach out to them all the time."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for GRC. I work for a bank and we used this tool to audit our information security team and our cybersecurity team. We had our control library, regulatory requirements, and third-party risks on Archer. So basically, I would say audit, regulatory requirements, third-party risk management solutions, and all kinds of controls, including SOX. These are the integrations we had set up. Right now, it's deployed on-prem.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the ease of use. The customizable forms and drop-downs are pretty easy to configure. Automated notifications is another feature that is nice. The whole workflow, basically—if you're going through a workflow process, the whole process is automated with notifications. Basically, it's a pretty straightforward, easy-to-understand interface. I've also had the chance to develop some backend configurations, which is straightforward as well, if you want to add a new field or anything.

What needs improvement?

Archer could be improved by having more customization. I'm not sure if the backend processes have API calls and those kinds of seamless integrations, but from the front, some of the solutions are very out-of-the-box. It's not customizable, so that could be a little problematic since you have to use their features. In terms of the backend structure, I'm not too sure because I'm not a developer—I was an end user and product owner of Archer—and I don't quite know the backend and developmental features. But since it's an out-of-the-box solution, sometimes customization was challenging and support was a little problematic because we had to reach out to them all the time.

I have been working with this solution for the past 18 months.

We did have a few outages, but otherwise, I must say it's fairly reliable.

For maintenance, there's an admin dashboard. It's a capability that is handed over to our user and admin has super user access.

This solution is quite scalable. At that point, it really depends on the strategy. Since we had all our controls on Archer, it was easy for us to scale and deploy other applications or develop other applications seamlessly. But imagine you had your controls on a different application—if it was not on Archer and you had to scale, it would be challenging to move all your data into Archer and then scale. So that is something that could be challenging, but since our strategy was already Archer through and through, we did not find it difficult to scale.

There are approximately 500 users, across all departments, using Archer. It is being used extensively at the moment. Right now, we don't have plans to increase usage, but I'm sure there's going to be organic growth.

On a scale of one to five, I would probably rate support a three. I wouldn't say it's the best, but it's not bad either, in terms of both the response time as well as the support.

We used SharePoint for a bit. We switched to Archer because the graph, user interface, and all that was better than SharePoint. I'm not too sure about the strategic decision because I wasn't with the organization back then, but I know that they wanted a centralized location for their governance, risk, and applications.

I think the deployment process is pretty straightforward. The solution was deployed for us through a third-party consulting agency, so it wasn't Archer or RSA developers, but a third party that implemented the solution for us. During the time of deployment, we were in a CI/CD mode, so we always had new applications, customization, new fields getting added.

A third party implemented the solution for us.

What other advice do I have?

If you are considering implementation, my advice would be to decide on a strategy first before you implement a solution. The solution is nice, but unless you have a strategy, I don't see the point in implementing it.

I rate Archer a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about RSA Archer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abhishek_Roy
Manager in Risk Advisory at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Offers a high degree of automation with easy implementation
  • "Easy to implement with a high level of automation."
  • "The design and advanced workflow need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases for Archer include third-party management, enterprise risk management, and compliance management. We have a partnership with RSA Archer and I'm a manager in risk advisory.

What is most valuable?

Among the most valuable features of this solution is the easy implementation and the degree of automation that it offers. This product is very compatible with our business processes and the dashboarding features are creative. This is an easy tool to learn and to work on. They have a great community where you can ask any question and be sure to get some responses.

What needs improvement?

Archer has evolved significantly over the last five to eight years, but there are still some areas that could be improved. We've noticed recently with the advanced workflow jobs that we're receiving some errors. It's a showstopper for us and it's clear that some kind of development support is needed. If there were an improvement in the design and the advanced workflow, jobs would run more smoothly, and a lot of value would be added to the business. Another aspect that could be improved is the UI which has a very old generation feel. For additional features, I'd very much like to see tools added in the next release. This could include a live connection that could be built in order to bring all the client data from the legacy system directly into Archer. Right now it's a data feed. There are currently some ActiveX options for live collections, but not for all the products.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable, it's a very mature product and if anything goes wrong we can provide the answers or the Archer community has the answers. We are currently having some problems with performance and our clients are complaining. The issues are with calculations and advanced workflows and it's creating a slow down in the system. We probably have around 5,000 users through our client companies.

The solution is very scalable. The design approaches Archer provides are very easy to change and scale. In an agile project, it's very easy to handle or develop with most of the configurations based on drag and drop as per the document framework.

Most of the issues we've had to escalate to RSA support belong to the advanced workflow section. These problems cannot be solved by Archer's UI and require back-end support or technical support from RSA. We're satisfied to a degree, it can take a few days to get a response.

The initial setup is straightforward, the complexity lies in the operations. The entire configuration project requires minimal manpower. Archer has a built-in wizard where you can either create a package and send it to the higher environment or just install the package. It doesn't take more than half a day. In the latest versions, we've seen that some of the features are not automatically deployed and manual checks are required. We're expecting to see that rectified in future versions.

The licensing is more expensive than other similar products and it often makes our clients step back and go for cheaper options. That said, the company is very clean and transparent in terms of pricing. There are no additional costs.

I have experience working with other GSU products and as a competitive analysis, I'd rate RSA's capability above that of other products. RSA Archer is more mature in terms of providing solutions. It's only when you compare the UI between solutions that Archer's competitors have an advantage.

What other advice do I have?

This is an easy solution and it's very good for agile projects when requirements can change abruptly. The only concern we have is with the advanced workflow which should be simplified so that if any errors come up, it's easier to change or modify. I recommend checking the target environment for all the configuration areas, making sure that it has been properly deployed, and checking whether it needs some post-deployment checks.

I would rate the solution very high but because of the error messages we've been receiving which require technical support and cannot be fixed by the Archer UI or the Archer configuration interface, I have to bring the rating down. If they improve the UI, I'd rate them more highly.

For now, I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Rahul Krishna
Technical Associate at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
A single, dedicated platform for your needs
  • "The solution has improved my organization by having everything combined to a single platform."
  • "Solution could use more inbuilt applications."

What is our primary use case?

We have four primary uses of the solution. My job role was mainly the administration of RSA Archer, in financial services for the public sector bank. Our main use cases were security incident management, mainly to the cyber security incident management, and also the governance risk and compliance part to the DRC part. The auditing and audit updates all were taken through the RSA Archer, and also the customer feedback. But mainly RSA Archer was used for inventory.

How has it helped my organization?

At my organization, we used to have a manual process for every communication work. For example, security monitoring management and everything was happening through mail and was on Excel sheets, things like that. So after acquiring RSA Archer, we were able to have a single platform, a dedicated platform where we can get all our requirements. The solution has improved my organization by having everything combined into a single platform.

What is most valuable?

I have used a couple of other products for the same domain. As compared to Archer, this solution is a highly mature product. The interaction has highly improved, especially in the latest two updates. The flexibility of the application and the usability have improved a lot as well. That's what I think stands out for RSA Archer.

What needs improvement?

One area that could be improved with the solution is the administration part, the backend task. That is a bit complex; or rather, the user interface can be made easier. For the newcomer, Archer might seem a bit complex. But once you get used to that, it's all fine.

In the next release of the solution, I'd like to see more inbuilt applications. For example, I talked about our organization having security management. Those are custom applications built by our own team. These are not out-of-the-box applications.

I have a total of three years experience with RSA Archer.

After deployment, my company managed the solution. We've had multiple issues with RSA Archer. The database has gone down; the infrastructure on the application side had a couple of issues; sometimes the services went down. After upgrading to the latest version of the solution, they are more stable than the previous one and it is a lot better now.

I'm really satisfied with the performance. We have more than 1000 or 2000 current users on RSA Archer, and we haven't faced many problems.

It's really scalable because we have options to import users or applications automatically; there are options to import a large number of users. Last year, we had a merging of three banks, and the users of the other two banks were brought into our Archer. They had more then, about 1,000 to 1,500 users, and that was done within a month. We were able to integrate all applications and users. Scalability won't be an issue.

I have been in touch with Archer customer support a couple of times. I have had good experiences; I haven't faced many issues with them. But it will depend upon the company's contract with RSA. There are different support levels.

I haven't worked on the deployment of the solution, but I know the basics of the infrastructure. It's not highly complex, but it is complex as compared to other applications because, in addition to applications and databases, we have the services side as well.

Our deployment of the solution was done by a third-party.

The solution is not at all a cheap product. Whenever someone is planning to buy the RSA Archer application for their organization, the first thing is to understand whether they really need it or not. We have our in-built applications, but first, we need to check whether we require it or not. That is the main thing. The second thing is whether they have the technical people available who are able to handle Archer. Even if they have the product and all, there aren't many people in Archer. We always be making custom applications; we hardly use any built application. So we should have technical employees there.

What other advice do I have?

Talking about my personal use, RSA Archer is one of the four tools which I have managed. And talking about in my organization, it is used extensively. The main core use was security incident management.

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Senior Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Excellent process automation, audit management and more
  • "First of all, its access control feature where it provides application level access, solution level access, and even recall access, as well."
  • "In terms of what can be improved, our client always says their user experience, IU/UX in RSA Archer. They found it is not as user friendly as other tools."

What is our primary use case?

We are using RSA Archer to provide GRC services to our client. GRC means, governance, risk and compliance. In Archer we implement business continuity management, policy management, risk management solutions, audit management solutions, and third party governance solutions. We even utilize a privacy governance model of RSA Archer, as well.

Currently, we are analyzing and evaluating software as a service option for one client to reduce effort and time on infra related activities.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients are using RSA Archer to automate their manual processes and activies to avoid manual intervention and have a clear visibility to leadership. This increased the client's process efficiency, they are more compliant and reduces the risk and overall governance structure improved. Also, it adds some value added features on the reporting and gives clear visibility of the entire business unit or   divisions of the company. Suppose the CEO of company want to see their high risk BUs , he or she can easily see the count and detail. Automated timely email trigger and integration with other tools/application helps client to assess their processes and BUs to find out risks and remediate risk on time.

What is most valuable?

There are lots of features which motivate our client to use RSA Archer. First of all, its access control feature which provides access at application level, access at record level and  at page level. It helps client to avoid any unauthorised access.

Also, there is a strong integration between the RSA Archer modules and also option to integrate with other application/ process help client to increase confidence on data integrity.

Suppose if anyone is using RSA Archer audit management or any out of the box use cases, it also provides some of the inbuilt capability of the assessment, like some of the questionnaires and some of the controls that are available in RSA Archer.

Capability of sending automated email triggers to the stakeholder on a fix frequency.

Workflow feature, reports and dashboard capability etc. lucrate client towards Archer.

What needs improvement?

UI/UX can be improved and a feature to allow end user to update assessment question and add or remove recipients from a notification will help client to minimize their dependecy on Archer developer.RSA Archer somehow lag behind in the user interface.

Additionally, the reporting capability of Archer should be improved. Because generally what clients do is analyze processes, their records, their status. They integrate it with either Tableau or Power BI just to customize their reports and see more user friendly reports. So I would suggest to improve reporting capabilities as well.

In terms of stability and performance, Archer is good.

RSA Archer is easy to scale, it's not complex.

It is a requirement to maintain RSA Archer. Our team even provides the managed services to the client, as well.

Some of my clients are moving their GRC solution from other platforms to RSA Archer because of scalability.

Support is good, but sometimes I feel there are some queries or issues, where I or our client need a resolution quickly, but sometimes it gets delayed from the customer support side.

Generally client without GRC framework move to Archer to automate their processes.

Generally we deploy the RSA Archer on client's infrastructure. It is not complex, even for the first time user, process to setup Archer is easy if they refer manuals or guide.

Generally, one person can easily install if it is a small or medium and not a complex deployment. But if it is a large scale deployment I think there will be more requirement of other team involvement as well.

Yes, we do evaluate other options/framework available in market e.g. ServiceNow GRC, OneTrust etc.

But we suggest best option basis the client requirement and which suites most in terms of cost and effort.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering RSA Archer would be to use it for their GRC capability and automate their manual tasks. If they are doing any manual task, they can simply automate through RSA Archer. It will increase efficiency, minimize their risk and will make them more compliant.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give RSA Archer an 8 out of 10

Private Cloud

Noaman Tahseen
Archer Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Repository tool that allows you to store data and vulnerabilities and create workflows to send records quickly
  • "The last project was for an investment group that was using Excel. Shifting their records from one position to another took approximately 15 minutes. In Archer, we created a workflow for them to leverage it, and they could send the single record with one click to one person within seconds. The whole process went from 15 minutes to two minutes to get the approval for the records. The main purpose of Archer is to just make it easy."
  • "Recently, we made a suggestion for cross references, like for one application to another. There were limitations there, so we're hoping that will be included in the next upgrade."

What is our primary use case?

Archer is a repository tool that is leveraged by all the security teams across the firm. The analysts and architects use it to store their data and store the vulnerabilities, which are coming from other applications while scanning the devices and everything.

My job is to integrate the other applications with this application and try to bring all the data from those applications in here and create a workflow, environment, and framework for the different teams to use those records or vulnerabilities to  make a decision on what they should do. It just makes their life easier.

We are using the solution on-premises, but we are going on the cloud next year.

How has it helped my organization?

The last project was for an investment group that was using Excel. Shifting their records from one position to another took approximately 15 minutes. In Archer, we created a workflow for them to leverage it, and they could send the single record with one click to one person within seconds. The whole process went from 15 minutes to two minutes to get the approval for the records. The main purpose of Archer is to just make it easy.

What is most valuable?

It is really valuable to me because there are a lot of things which I can do and learn from, especially different programming languages. It's not just built on one thing. There are multiple languages which I need to learn in order to run this. One is JavaScript. On the back end, it's C#.NET. On the server type, it's Java. Trying to figure out every single thing makes my knowledge grow more and more every day.

What needs improvement?

There is a platform called Archer Community where we can post our concerns and any areas that need to be improved, and they will reach out. Recently, we made a suggestion for cross references, like for one application to another. There were limitations there, so we're hoping that will be included in the next upgrade.

Whenever there's an upgrade, they'll just make changes to the application. RSA is a Dell company. Dell is the parent company, and RSA is under that.

There are performance issues and bugs here and there, but it hasn't been a real concern. Sometimes it's slow, but mostly it's on our computers and processors. We just need to delete some stuff there and put them back on the server.

It is very easy to scale. Right now, we have three teams using the solution. It's about 15 to 20 people.

We are responsible for maintenance. There's a team of 20 to 25 people dedicated to Archer. Once it goes to the cloud, then we won't be responsible for maintenance.

We have plans to increase usage in the future. We are talking to the different departments of the company. Archer is not like a business. It doesn't go outside the business because it's really a security tool, and it's just used by the security departments and different departments who are involved with security. It just involves the company. We're trying to leverage it to different departments and we'll see what happens.

They are good. They don't need any improvement, but sometimes they need some guidance. We have our documentation, so they can just refer to that.

Previously, they were purely on Excel files and getting data from the applications inside Excel or Word format. I think this is the first solution they went to, and this is the best tool for GRC, governance, risk, and compliance. There are other tools but they would be confusing for the business, so Archer is the best right now.

The setup process was really easy. You just have to package and install it. There were two or three people involved in the deployment. It took about a day.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10. My advice is don't just stick to Archer. Learn different tools because it's just a tool in the end. It will be fully configured, and you won't have anything else to do. Go into the business side and try to learn the business.

Principal Consultant at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Help us save a lot of time
  • "The most valuable features of RSA Archer are the asset management, risk management, and vendor management."
  • "If you need to integrate the RSA products with another SEIM solution, then it doesn't work properly."

What is our primary use case?

RSA Archer is a governance tool, used especially for bank applications. At the same time, there is the NetWitness tool, a SIEM solution that was created by the RSA division. They have integrated the incident management, along with RSA Archer. Whenever the SIEM solution creates alerts, Archer can be triggered, and you can elect notifications to your mailbox.

If you click on the link, it'll link to you the actual incident, what happened in cybersecurity. You can do a number of things, like a workflow and approval from the manager level.

How has it helped my organization?

The features help save a lot of time in the organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of RSA Archer are the asset management, risk management, and vendor management. It's a very simple tool that you can learn within a short period of time.

If I use an AGP, for the onboarding process, for example, I'll create a workflow. An item will go to my manager, the manager approves, and I'll automatically get an alert notification sent to me saying that you are being onboarded.

You can also put a lot of limitations, like permissions and values, in the AGP. As a security person, that is important to me. You can use any number of groups and permission levels. Now I created vendor management and many people have different kinds of applications in the AGP. Many people are users, but that doesn't mean each particular person can access all the applications in the AGP; it'll be limited. At the same time, I also can give edit permissions at the system level.

What needs improvement?

One area that could be improved is the solution needs to go further with most of the APIs. They need to create multiple APIs and integrations, in my opinion. A few things can't be done from the RSA level and it's not user-friendly when you're working with the other tools. With the RSA products, it's very easy, because it's an inbuilt application. If you need to integrate the RSA products with another SIEM solution, then it doesn't work properly. You have to create a new API for that integration of Archer.

Beyond that, additional features would make the solution too complex. If additional features were added, the solution would need better sustainability and marketing. RSA would also need better online support. The solution would be more attractive with improvement to these items.

I've been working with RSA since 2013.

The stability and performance of the solution is good.

The solution is easy and simple to scale.

The initial setup is not complex; anyone can do it. Deployment should not take more than two people. The time it takes depends upon the cluster environment. If it's a single instance, you have only one database server, it shouldn't take more than four to five hours for the deployment. If it is a cluster with a lot of employees and a big organization, they'll have disaster recovery and more involved. In that case, it'll require at least two days or so.

We are involved in the integration of everything.

The license is costly for the solution, but the remaining setup and maintenance is a lot cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

The RSA Archer tool is useful for governance listing, workflow, risk management, incident management, and auditing. It's a very easy methodology for senior management. In Archer, even though it's confidential data, you can store it in the proper way, and there were a lot of APIs which can integrate with Archer. For senior management, it'll trigger an alert and you'll see a project automatically to approve. You can do wonders with this tool, but you have to be very specific in your utilization.

If you only use two to three products in RSA, you're wasting a lot of money and people resources. You have to bring awareness; what is this tool? Show users the solutions that can be implemented.

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Project Manager, Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
High ROI, user-friendly, and good licensing model for scalability
  • "From my perspective, because I've always done it as a consultant, I do like the way it is configured. They've gone into changing the application builder interface, so it is even easier. When you're working with users, it is really easy to show them how to do things quickly and how to configure, change, and design stuff quickly."
  • "Some of the error reporting isn't very clear. When you're looking for information on error codes, you got to do a lot of digging."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for enterprise risk audit, corporate compliance, and vulnerability reporting like threat management reporting. It is a whole suite that has different products depending on what you want to track and report on.

I do use the SaaS version, but I have also deployed it on-prem, and I also have experience with the original cloud version. The one that we deployed originally on the cloud was on AWS, but now they do everything on SaaS.

What is most valuable?

From my perspective, because I've always done it as a consultant, I do like the way it is configured. They've gone into changing the application builder interface, so it is even easier. When you're working with users, it is really easy to show them how to do things quickly and how to configure, change, and design stuff quickly.

What needs improvement?

I've never seen any major issues.

Its scalability is very good. Because of the way they've set up their licensing, it's now very easy to scale, especially if you're using SaaS.

We have over 60,000 users across all departments. Some users just go to check the status. I would think it is being used extensively.

It has changed over the last six months, and it is a little bit more challenging. When you have to report an error, you can't really find a lot of detail online. You have to open a case file, and then after opening a case file, it does take some time for resolution. From one to five, I'm going to rate them a 3.5.

It is very straightforward. The documentation that they provide is clear in terms of the instructions that you have to follow through. It is very well documented. Most users and techs can follow it, even with very little experience.

For its deployment, usually, there are one or two people. You don't need more than that because it's a very easy product to upload. If you're doing it from scratch where you have absolutely nothing, it is about a half-day setup.

It requires very little maintenance. Their upgrade packages are pretty quick, and it is easy to do the upgrades. It is very user-friendly, and even if you have no tech background or you're a new Archer administrator, it is very easy to do.

Its ROI is quite high when you look at how long it takes for people to input stuff for compliance risk, vulnerability management, and threat management. The centralization of data allows you to get a pretty high return on your investment pretty quickly because it's really easy to implement. It doesn't take like a year. You can do it in less than two months, depending on the solution that you want to implement. The customization opportunities with reporting are also pretty high.

I am not 100% familiar with that, especially with their new model. I just know that the way they've licensed per user to scale is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to know their requirements going in because there's so much flexibility with the product. You could over customize it just because it allows you to do so much, but sometimes too much of a good thing is not a good thing. If you know your requirements upfront, your road to success is short, but your return is high.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.