Cesar Quiroz - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO at Grupo Kasto
Easy to use and implement with a good user interface
  • "The overall functionality of the product is excellent."
  • "The product should look at BCM or ServiceNow and see if there are features that would make nice additions. It would help them stay competitive."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for incident management. We use it for ticketing for end-users. We are using also all the functionality around change management, release management, and this year we implement project management and software license management. We also make use of the analytics.

What is most valuable?

The analytics are very good.

The solution offers very nice incident management.

The overall functionality of the product is excellent.

The change management is helpful. They have an agent that we installed in every single asset. We have the inventory for all assets automatically.

Contract management is very valuable for us as an IT department, as we have the information for every single computer across the company.

We are starting to use the project management aspects right now. We have different projects and we have all information in the same solution, in the same place. It makes everything more centralized and easier to access.

The user interface is very nice and the solution is easy to use. You don't need to be an expert in order to navigate around and use the product. You don't need to read a lot of manuals in order to figure everything out. It's pretty intuitive.

What needs improvement?

While we're just starting with project management, I foresee some limitations with it two or three years down the line. The functionality we will likely need just isn't there right now. It's still very, very basic in terms of the offering.

For example, measuring progress can be tricky. If you finish the sub-tasks and not the main task, it doesn't calculate the project's progress correctly.

It would be nice if there were some standard KPIs around, for example, performance or support. It would help with budgeting.

We started using the solution 36 months ago. It's probably been close to three years.

Freshservice
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about Freshservice. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is quite good. We don't have crashes. It doesn't freeze. there aren't bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

The scalability is okay. However, if you have more than 100 or 200 agents how the performance will be.

We had started with five, then with 10, then with 15 and now we have 20 or more. We don't need to report or to ask that they increase the capacity planning or anything of that nature. It was very transparent and so far very easy for us to scale up.

We may increase usage in the future.

Technical support has been very good. Their response times are very fast - faster than other competitors. We haven't really had any big problems with the product at this point. Therefore, we haven't really used them that much. However, we are quite satisfied with the level of service they provide.

While I haven't used a different solution at this particular company, I have used other solutions in the past, such as BMC and ServiceNow.

Freshservice is more stable and easier to use. It's also less expensive. It may not e as big as other offerings, however, for small and medium-sized organizations, it's quite good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It was not overly complex. We didn't run into too many issues.

We constructed everything and handled the setup was in one day. Three days later we had to start with all the functionality and the implementation for the entire company including the change management process, the training, etc. Everything was done in less than one month.

We didn't need a consultant or any type of expert in order to handle the implementation. We handled everything ourselves.

The pricing information is on their website. It's my understanding that their Pro Plan, for example, is around $89/month.

There aren't additional costs on top of this. The price you see on the website is the price they charge and the price you pay.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I'm not sure of which version of the solution we are using. They recently changed the names of their services. While we were previously using what I believe was called Enterprise, which is now called Pro.

We may continue to use, not just this solution, but other Freshworks options in the future. We've recently asked the company to put together webinars for our company to learn more about their offerings.

I'd recommend this solution. In fact, I already have - to other CIOs. The pricing is very straightforward, and the solution is easy to use. It's not overly technical.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Eslam Adel - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior IT Service Delivery Specialist at Toshiba elaraby egypt
Reduces time to handle a service request, brings efficiency, and supports custom objects
  • "It has reduced the time to look up who is responsible for a service, and it has reduced the time to finalize a service request because it now goes directly to the person who is responsible for the service in that location. So, a service request is handled quickly and directly by the person responsible for it."
  • "There are some limitations in reporting. For example, I would like to have a report of conversations or replies."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for receiving internal services provided by IT, HR, VR, facility management fleet, financial affairs, and legal affairs. It is used for any service provided internally by our departments. We have a large number of branches and departments. We have about 40,000 requesters.

How has it helped my organization?

We have multiple levels of services. We have central services and geographical or location-based services for the same type of service. For example, in HR, we have a training team. There are some services that are managed or provided by a central L&D team, and there are some services that are handled by the local L&D team. It has reduced the time to look up who is responsible for a service, and it has reduced the time to finalize a service request because it now goes directly to the person who is responsible for the service in that location. So, a service request is handled quickly and directly by the person responsible for it.

What is most valuable?

Recently, they added custom objects and updated the analytics, which was really helpful. A feature called Business Rules for Forms is helping me to facilitate accessibility for users.

What needs improvement?

There are some limitations in reporting. For example, I would like to have a report of conversations or replies. I have discussed the improvements with them, and they are working on them. They will update it for my request in the next release. I'm waiting for that.

There is a limitation in the profile field, which is required for our business. For example, if I need to add another manager for financial approval, there is no look-up field under profile.

I have been using it as a requester for five years, and I have been using it as an admin for one year.

It is 80% stable. Some users face issues in Chrome and Firefox. So, we sometimes have to be involved with the users to check.

Our account manager follows up with me week by week. If I need to add a license for an agent, it can be easily done. We have 444 agent users, but we have about 40,000 requesters.

Its usage is intermediate currently. We are planning to increase its usage. We are currently calculating how many users we are looking to add.

Until last June, I was contacting them, but we recently had two visits from the FreshWorks team. They offered to support us directly, and I can WhatsApp them any existing tickets sent to their support. I would rate their technical support a seven out of ten.

Neutral

We didn't use any similar solution previously.

It was complex, but now, it is better. Previously, it was really hard, and I had to change a lot of workflows. With recent updates, especially in 2021, there has been an improvement in the performance, workflow, and number of data updates I need to make.

In terms of administration, I am mainly responsible for updating or changing anything, but the admin who was leading before me is also there for support if I am not available.

In terms of maintenance, some checks are required to see if there is any issue. Sometimes, a user is able to submit a request, but some of the required fields are missing. I receive a list of tickets with no required fields, and then automation or workflow doesn't run. The request doesn't get assigned to any group. I have requested them to update it, and they worked on it for about three months. They fixed it, but after one month, the same issue came back.

Its ROI is good at this cost, but any costs over this will be hard to handle. If they increase that cost, our business may look for another solution. Its cost for us, as an IT department, is fine, but for other businesses, its cost is high. For example, HR has about 250 licenses. That cost will be over their budget.

It is $34 per license, per agent. Currently, we don't see any add-ons at extra fees.

We looked up other solutions briefly. We couldn’t find a solution to cover our needs or our requirements because we are using it for HR and VR.

What other advice do I have?

You have to check all documentation and change logs because this is the core of the upgrade and enhancement in your service desk. That helped to improve my help desk and my services desk teams.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Freshservice
December 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Infrastructure Architect -Application Dynamics at Kyndryl
Intuitive, easy to implement, and offers helpful support
  • "You can just register and within five to minute minutes, you are ready to go."
  • "We'd like to see a CMDB, a Configuration Management Database, in the future."

What is our primary use case?

At my previous organization, we had an alliance partnership with Freshservice. Part of that alliance involved me implementing Freshservice for North American and Europe clients. Freshservice is an ITSM product. The PLC would be done by the thresholds and as part of the alliance, and we would implement the Freshservice ITSM solution for the clients. It's completely based on the customer requirements, which modules need to be implemented. We will do the data collection, the requirement gathering, et cetera, and we will do the solution and implementation for the Freshservice to cater to the client's needs. As part of this, we'll do the infra, we'll do automation, orchestration, and everything as part of this integration with multiple sources. We'll do the portfolio management.

What is most valuable?

We like that the product is a SaaS-based service. You can just register and within five to minute minutes, you are ready to go.

It's very intuitive. It's not complex or anything. Anyone with some IT knowledge, IT service management knowledge, can just spin up an instance within the cloud and register for an instance. He can just go through configurations very easily.

Maximum, within a week, if you have a basic ITL, if you have good technical instance, you can spin up an instance with a basic idea of some incident management for these catalogs.

The product itself comes at 60% to 70% configuration. It's already done for you. Out of the box, there are around 40 plus service catalogs available. You simply need to customize your requirements. The product is loaded with all the features you need.

At the moment, they are adding a lot of functionality to the product. It is beginning to mature.

What needs improvement?

This product is very good for small and mid-level markets. However, I'm not sure about the enterprise level. I'm not sure about expanding to a 100,000 to 200,000 user base or more.

We'd like to see a CMDB, a Configuration Management Database, in the future.

I used the solution about six months ago at my previous company.

The solution is in the cloud and very stable. there are no bugs or glitches.

The scalability may be limited. I'm not sure it can handle enterprise-level deployments.

I've done implementations for up to 2,000 users.

The users are unlimited. The licensing is based on how many agents and end users you have; there is no limit.

There will be a team managing the tickets. They are mainly on the service desk or customer support. As an end user, you will be raising a ticket and I'll be looking at the ticket. If I need to log into the system and look at the ticket, I need a license. It's based on that agent licensing.

Once you log into an instance, there is always chat support available. You can also email them. they are very easy to get a hold of.

Neutral

The initial setup is very easy. It's a SaaS product. You just sign up and get going within ten to 15 minutes.

The licensing is based on how many agents you have or need to manage tickets.

The licensing can be based on a monthly or yearly renewal.

Different payment options are available.

The pricing is available on their website. The pricing plans and everything is available. The cost is completely based on which plan you choose, as there are around four categories. The cost is completely based on the features the company must have.

What other advice do I have?

I was a customer and end-user.

It's a SaaS product. The product is continuously evolving and growing, although I'm not sure how well it would benefit an enterprise-level organization. However, in general, it's good. It's a really agile platform.

We cater to small and medium-sized clients, and this solution is perfect for us.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: customer/partner
Senior Information Technology System Administrator at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A very responsive solution that is limited by its one-channel format
  • "The solution is very responsive with a 97% success rate in funneling customer tickets."
  • "A chat bot needs to be added to the portal."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses the solution to provide service desk assistance to clients.

One use case is with a client in the insurance industry. Customers who have issues with their insurance send emails for assistance that are routed to us through the solution. We created five support group classifications to address particular insurance issues.

We currently use Azure servers only for connection and to authenticate Office 365 mailboxes. For now, we do not link the solution with Azure's products.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company's productivity has improved.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

A chat bot needs to be added to the portal.

Only one channel is available on the portal for service tickets. We would prefer one channel for tickets and one channel for chat support via a popup that is accessed from smartphones. Other products such as ServiceNow allow two channels.

The solution has bugs with language translations. For example, our company translated the portal to French but some items remained in English.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable for users. We currently have 2,000 users and 150 agents who provide service. We utilize PowerShell when creating users and groups because it simplifies the task.

Scaling to unlock cross-group or other features requires a pack upgrade.

The technical support staff are responsive and reactive.

We contacted support when we were having issues with language translation to French. They responded quickly and corrected the bug that was causing some phrases to remain in English.

I rate support an eight out of ten.

Positive

We previously used Microsoft's SCSM that is the part of SCCM used for managing tickets. After we were attacked by ransomware, we decided to migrate to the solution.

The initial setup and implementation are easy.

It took us a month to create various catalogs of service for our client and fully deploy.

I installed the solution with assistance from a coworker.

A team of seven technicians provide ongoing maintenance such as adding users or groups.

The solution has an annual licensing model.

The standard pack is currently orchestrating 2% of our tenants. Our goal is to use the solution to manage all orchestrations but that requires a bigger budget.

We also have to upgrade to gain access to cross-group or other features.

Pricing is rated a six out of ten.

We evaluated the solution, ServiceNow, and a third product. After meeting with a manager at Freshservice, we decided it was the best solution for our needs.

We purchased the solution's standard pack but it does have limitations. For example, we created five groups to match particular service levels. But, users in group one cannot see group two's tickets unless they are a member of group two.

This is problematic for our insurance client because tickets for children need to be linked to tickets for parents, even though they are are not in the same service group as individuals. Cross-group features are not available unless we upgrade from the standard pack.

What other advice do I have?

Environments that require two cloud channels might fare better with ServiceNow.

The solution is easy to deploy even with no prior experience. The portal is simple to use and customize.

The standard pack provides a good starting place for managing client services.

I rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Senior IT professional at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Cloud-based and cost-effective but issues with picking up assets
  • "Freshservice has automated a lot of our tasks, including ticket responses and call assignments, which has sped up our operations considerably."
  • "Freshservice has issues around how assets get picked up, requiring a lot of parameter changes within to network to ensure the system discovers everything."

What is our primary use case?

I use Freshservice as an ISTM tool to implement the policies and procedures for ISM 20000.

How has it helped my organization?

Freshservice has automated a lot of our tasks, including ticket responses and call assignments, which has sped up our operations considerably. It's also allowed us to improve our change management and understand the impact of changes before they're implemented.

What is most valuable?

Freshservice's best features are that it's cloud-based, cost-effective, and has a flexible pricing scheme.

What needs improvement?

Freshservice has issues around how assets get picked up, requiring a lot of parameter changes within to network to ensure the system discovers everything (including PCs, printers, physical and virtual servers, and hypervisors). Another issue is the self-service portal, which doesn't always give full visibility of the stage a request is at or who has approved it. In addition, Freshservice doesn't support copy-pasting reports into the dashboard module.

I've been using Freshservice for just under a year.

Freshservice's stability is good - it'll take whatever you throw at it.

Freshservice is scalable, though it comes with additional costs.

I've had some problems with Freshservice's technical support. They often drag out cases by continually passing them on the other people, and they seem overeager to close tickets and sometimes mark them as resolved without checking first.

Neutral

We used an in-house team with the support of an implementation partner.

Freshservice's licensing costs are pretty good, and it has different categories of pricing based on what modules and features you choose, which gives a lot of flexibility.

We evaluated BMC Remedy and ManageEngine but chose Freshservice because it was cloud-based and more cost-effective.

What other advice do I have?

Freshservice is a good solution for SMBs with straightforward networks and workflows. I'd advise anybody thinking of implementing it to document every requirement they have of an ITSM tool and discuss them with the Freshservice team to ensure each one is met. I'd give Freshservice a rating of seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's extremely simple to integrate with change management
  • "The portal is straightforward for the end-user, but that's not the best part of Freshservice. Integration is the part that's interesting because it's easy to set up a process. It's extremely simple to integrate. In one week, you can add change management. It's incredible."
  • "You can't implement a complicated delivery workflow. We don't have the same problems with incident and change workflows. It's only for delivery workflow. They have a mechanism for modifying your incident or change workflow. There's a visual interface for that, so there's no reason not to have the same function for request management."

What is our primary use case?

We extended Freshservice for one of my customers to integrate their business workflow. If the customer needed a new mobile, VM, or something else, they traditionally use a portal, but we have changed that. We designed an extension to manage business demands. In the past year, we've been implementing customization for change management.

What is most valuable?

The portal is straightforward for the end-user, but that's not the best part of Freshservice. Integration is the part that's interesting because it's easy to set up a process. It's extremely simple to integrate. In one week, you can add change management. It's incredible.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if it's on the roadmap, but Freshservice is missing something for the moment. You can't implement a complicated delivery workflow. We don't have the same problems with incident and change workflows. It's only for delivery workflow. They have a mechanism for modifying your incident or change workflow. There's a visual interface for that, so there's no reason not to have the same function for request management. I don't understand.

I've worked with Freshservice for about a year.

We haven't seen many problems. I'm on a list to be notified of any service outages. It happens maybe once a year, so Freshservice is stable.

It's difficult to speak about Freshservice's scalability because it's a product built for small customers. It isn't for a large enterprise like a bank or an insurance company. There are no scalability problems. A few of my customers are small companies that handle a massive number of incident tickets with no problem.

Dealing with support was challenging. Their support is based in India, so it's all in English, and I'm not fluent, so it's difficult for me.

Simplicity is Freshservice's greatest strength and weakness. ServiceNow is more complicated, but it can do everything. Freshservice is limited. It's a local solution, but that can also be a good thing.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Freshservice eight out of 10. I have some advice, but it's not specific to Freshservice. You need to address some issues before starting any big project, like the portal service catalog. It's true for all the products, including ServiceNow, Micro Focus, and the others.

IT Project Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable with good ticketing but could use better analytics
  • "The solution has been stable."
  • "The analytics could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily as a ticketing system and help desk.

What is most valuable?

We like the mail tickets on offer. It is something we love. There are workflows that are working quite well. You can have multiple queues and resolution groups.

The solution has been stable.

What needs improvement?

The analytics could be better. We would like better visualization of items and KPIs, et cetera.

The licensing could be better.

We've been using the company for two years.

I haven't heard of issues with bugs or glitches. It's my understanding that it is stable and reliable.

We do not have that many accounts or customers. I can't speak to how well it can scale.

We have less than 50 users at this point.

We might expand it 10% or 20%. Not more than that.

I've never been in touch with support. I' not sure if anyone has. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

I do not have experience with other platforms.

I wasn't part of the initial setup. It was set up before my arrival at the company. I'm not sure how long it takes to deploy in a typical setup.

We might have one person, and maybe one extra that can handle the maintenance necessary on the solution.

As I wasn't at the company for the initial setup, I'm not sure if a third-party was used during deployment. My understanding is we don't have an intermediary.

We've never calculated the ROI.

We would prefer if the pricing was a bit lower.

The solution may be around 20,000 euros a year. I'm not sure if there are any extra fees or items that need to be purchased on top of the standard costs.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and end-user.

I'm not sure which exact version umber of the solution we're on.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

IT manager at Action Tesa
Simple to expand, useful reports, and easy implementation process
  • "The most valuable feature of Freshservice is you can assign downloaded tickets and the reports are useful."
  • "Freshservice could improve the delegation and workflow management features."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Freshservice as a ticketing system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Freshservice is you can assign downloaded tickets and the reports are useful.

What needs improvement?

Freshservice could improve the delegation and workflow management features.

In a feature release, it would be a benefit to have a feature to automatically send a ticket

I have been using Freshservice for approximately four years.

Freshservice is stable.

The scalability of Freshservice is good. It is easy to expend.

We have seven agents and approximately 700 white-collar employees using it.

We did not use another solution prior to Freshservice.

The initial setup of Freshservice is a very easy process. It can be done in minimal time.

Freshservice requires little maintenance.

Freshservice price is competitive, it is not more than other solutions on the market.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because it is good and the price is reasonable.

I rate Freshservice a nine out of ten.

Download our free Freshservice Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022