We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
MaheshPatel
Sr. Corporate Marketing Executive at Amity Infosoft Pvt. Ltd.
Reseller
Improved our organization through single pane of glass management
  • "Anti-Spam web content filterinG."

What is our primary use case?

VPN Over 3 Location Across India and We Get SD-Wan + UTM from Fortinet and Final got Solution SDWAN as well as UTM for Every Location

How has it helped my organization?

• Single pane of glass management
    • Easy GUI for monitors
    • Logical Network Diagram from GUI
    • Physical Network Diagram from GUI

What is most valuable?

FortiGate is really strong in the following:

• UTM
    • IPS
    • Antivirus
    • App control
    • AntiBotnet
    • Anti-Spam
    • Web content filtering
    • IOC (indicator of Compromise)
    • Web Application Firewall
    • Vulnebarity Management
    • FortiView
    • L3 routing

What needs improvement?

Need to Improvement in Reporting

We have been using it for the last nine years.

Stability is fine. I rebooted after 755 Days from the date of installation.

Scalability is Fine.

Partner support is very good.

FortiGuard Service is also good with the push method update.

We were previously using SOPHOS.

Easy by WebGUI and also mobile app.

We have implemented in-house.

Excellent ROI, due to virus spambot intrusion free network.

It's a little bit higher than Cyberoam but the security is More higher compared to the other vendor.

Sophos, Check Point, and SonicWall.

What other advice do I have?

Buy FortiGate for a hassle free network management and excellent ROI.

Junior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Stable and straightforward to deploy, but technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and FortiGate is one of the security products that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

This is an easy solution to deploy.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved.

I have been using Fortinet FortiGate for almost two years.

Stability-wise, FortiGate is good. We plan to continue working with it in the future.

FortiGate is a scalable product and our customer has approximately 2,000 users.

The customer support is expensive. We have had difficulties with technical support from…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This is an easy solution to deploy.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved.

I have been using Fortinet FortiGate for almost two years.

FortiGate is a scalable product and our customer has approximately 2,000 users.

The customer support is expensive.

We have had difficulties with technical support from Fortinet.

I also have experience with Cisco, and FortiGate is the cheaper solution.

The installation is straightforward and it took about two months for us to deploy for our last customer.

Some customers have this deployed on-premises, whereas others have a cloud-based deployment. The choice depends on the environment.

We have an in-house team to deploy this product for our customers. We also give them technical support. Relationships with our customers are very important.

The price of FortiGate support is too expensive.

We try to help our customers evaluate and choose the best solution for them. Sometimes, they implement Cisco products.

What other advice do I have?

Fortinet FortiGate is a firewall product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Vandy Va
    Head Of IT Infrastructure at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Has a good payment function for applications but configuring and management is not easy
    • "The payment function for applications is good."
    • "Difficult to add or define, and not that easy to configure and manage."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for a data center firewall. I've been using Fortigate but I'm also currently evaluating Cisco and Check Point. We are customers of Fortinet and I'm in IT infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

I like the payment function for applications.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to add or define, and it's not that easy to configure and manage. We're looking for something more flexible for the long term. I also find that the performance is limited in comparison to other solutions.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The product is stable.

The solution is scalable but when you do scale, it limits the performance. We have over 1,000 users in our company and four people who deal with the maintenance of all our solutions.

Technical support is acceptable, and they're good in terms of local support and global support. If they cannot resolve the issue they will pass us to another level of support.

I previously had experience with CheckPoint, Cisco, and Palo Alto. I would rate Palo Alto as the best firewall in the world.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward.

This product could be a little cheaper although compared to other similar solutions, it's more reasonably priced.

Group Leader – FM Operations Team at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Straightforward and quick to deploy, user-friendly, and the UTM features well protect our infrastructure
    • "I think that the UTM features are the most value, as it truly protects my infrastructure."
    • "The support structure needs to be improved because every time we contact them, there is a delay in the response."

What is our primary use case?

We're using both firewall and UTM features, as well as the inbound and outbound traffic load-balancing functionality. We are also using the VPN.

What is most valuable?

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Fortinet FortiGate for almost eight years.

This is a stable and reliable product.

We have had no trouble scaling the solutions.

Technical Team response time is slow comparatively other competition , However once the Engineer is allocated then incidents are managed properly

The initial setup is straightforward and it is very quick to deploy.

We purchased a five-year bundle package, which worked out cheaper than competing solutions.

We evaluated other products including those from Palo Alto and Cisco. However, compare the features and price for all of them, Fortinet was the best choice.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I can recommend it to others.

Pier Andrea Gabutto
    Owner at Gabutto MArket
    Stable and useful for intrusion prevention, VPN, and anti-malware purposes
    • "We are using the FortiGate 100D series. VPN, firewall, anti-malware, OTM, and intrusion prevention are useful features."
    • "It should have a better pricing plan. It is too expensive. It should also have a more granular view of the attack. I don't have FortiAnalyzer, and it is difficult for me to have a complete view when there is an attack on my server."

What is most valuable?

We are using the FortiGate 100D series. VPN, firewall, anti-malware, OTM, and intrusion prevention are useful features.

What needs improvement?

It should have a better pricing plan. It is too expensive.

It should also have a more granular view of the attack. I don't have FortiAnalyzer, and it is difficult for me to have a complete view when there is an attack on my server.

I have been using this solution for six years.

It is stable.

I don't have any experience with their technical support. My partner contacts them for me.

Its installation is not easy for me because I handle some other work, but I have two partners. One of them is very skilled at using FortiGate, and it took him a day to deploy it. After that, it took us a week to set all parameters and check all parameters and firewall functions.

It is too expensive for us. My organization is very small, and we have a total of ten users. We have three internal users and seven external users. The FortiGate 100D series is too expensive for renewing the licenses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if you can afford it. I would rate Fortinet FortiGate a nine out of ten.

Head of Technical at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    A firewall solution that enables total integration
    • "I like how we can achieve total integration."
    • "The cloud features can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet products are used mostly for internet firewalls. Fortinet's has a great reputation, and all our computer operators are very happy with it. When it comes to firewalls, Fortinet packages are very attractive, which also helps.

What is most valuable?

I like how we can achieve total integration.

What needs improvement?

The cloud features can be improved. The sandboxing part is only available in limited parts of the cloud. If they could expand that, customers would find it slightly better. The price can always be cheaper as well.

We have been using Fortinet FortiGate for about five or six years.

Fortinet FortiGate is very stable. It's a good product.

Technical support was very good.

You need some training, but it's mostly easy. It's a bit of pain, but it's not that difficult, even if you're untrained.

This solution was deployed by a team of four engineers who work under me.

It's expensive, but compared to the competition it's okay. Fortinet's pricing is more attractive than some of its competitors. There's also an annual support license that you can buy with it.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Fortinet FortiGate a nine.

Dy General Manager at a real estate/law firm with 501-1,000 employees
    Rich in features, good support, and setup and deployment straightforward
    • "Some of the valuable features are the firewall, IPS, web filter, and gateway capabilities. Additionally, it is easy to use and flexible."
    • "It would be a benefit if Fortinet would release a one-stop solution that is better integrated with other products and an automated emergency response system."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for network security protection.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features are the firewall, IPS, web filter, and gateway capabilities. Additionally, it is easy to use and flexible.

What needs improvement?

It would be a benefit if Fortinet would release a one-stop solution that is better integrated with other products and has an automated emergency response system.

We have been using the solution for 12 years.

The solution's scalability is a problem because when you use a LAN, you use hardware and hardware wastes resources. However, it is more scalable than some of its competitors, such as Check Point. We have 620 users using the product.

The solution is designed in a way to help you, the support is good.

We have used many solutions previously such as Check Point and Stone software. We changed to this solution because we wanted something more stable.

The setup was easy.

You will need one or two integrators for the deployment and it was very easy. The maintenance is simple too.

What other advice do I have?

We are going to continue using this solution.

I rate Fortinet FortiGate an eight out of ten.

CIO at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    Scalable and stable, fair pricing, and the VPN helps us with global site connectivity

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to filter communication to and from the website or our site.  We also use it to create a VPN connection for all of our sites in the world.

What is most valuable?

I like that they have given me a solution at a fair price.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved.

I have been working with FortiGate for more than ten years.

It's a stable solution, we have not had any issues. It works.

It's a scalable product. We have 600 users in our organization.

We have not contacted technical support. We have…

What is our primary use case?

We also use it to create a VPN connection for all of our sites in the world.

What is most valuable?

I like that they have given me a solution at a fair price.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved.

I have been working with FortiGate for more than ten years.

It's a stable solution, we have not had any issues. It works.

It's a scalable product. We have 600 users in our organization.

We have not contacted technical support. We have been fortunate in that we did not have any issues that needed it.

I am working as a manager, and I am not doing any of the configurations.

We only require one person for the maintenance of this solution.

The pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it. That said, nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement.

I would rate Fortinet FortiGate an eight out of ten.

Download our free Fortinet FortiGate Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.