We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Networking & Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very stable and easy to use, but needs better threat analyzer and pricing and an option to monitor agents
  • "It is very stable and easy to use."
  • "Its threat analyzer could be better. It should also have agents. They should improve this product by installing agents for the machine to get more visibility. Currently, they are monitoring only the network. They should also monitor the agents from inside. It should also have a better pricing plan because it is an expensive product."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for proof of concept purposes. We are using it to monitor all traffic on our network, and it is analyzing the traffic. We have 5,000 users. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Its threat analyzer could be better. It should also have agents. They should improve this product by installing agents for the machine to get more visibility. Currently, they are monitoring only the network. They should also monitor the agents from inside.

It should also have a better pricing plan because it is an expensive product.

I have been using this solution for a few weeks.

It is very stable.

Currently, we are working with their pre-sales and technical teams. For POC, there is a dedicated team for us to ask and check what we want, and they have been good. I have not yet contacted their support. When we purchase the solution, we will be directly connected with the support team.

We were using Trend Micro's Deep Discovery Inspector.

It was done in less than half an hour.

We are a system integrator. For its deployment, one cybersecurity specialist would be enough.

It is a very expensive product.

I am comparing Darktrace with other products like Stealthwatch and Vectra, but for now, I find Darktrace as good.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using it for a few weeks. As of now, we plan to keep using it. I would recommend this solution for big companies.

I would rate Darktrace a seven out of ten.

Juan Salvador Vial
Cybersecurity Architecture Manager at Banco de Chile
A stable and scalable solution for investigating cases
  • "It is a stable solution."
  • "It can have more integration with orchestration or event management solutions. They can provide more knowledge or research information for analysts for investigating cases and detecting anomalies in networks."

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for investigating cases. It is deployed on-premises. We have some new projects for this year to extend Darktrace to the cloud.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable solution.

What needs improvement?

It can have more integration with orchestration or event management solutions. They can provide more knowledge or research information for analysts for investigating cases and detecting anomalies in networks.

I have been using this solution for a year.

It is a stable solution. We don't have any problems with that.

It has got good scalability, but you need to buy many appliances to scale it. We have ten users of this solution from the incident response team.

We don't directly raise tickets with Darktrace. We use a local partner for support.

We didn't use any other solution previously. We are trying to introduce ExtraHop. The main difference is the capacity and the ability to see encrypted traffic.

It is not a complex setup, but it requires a lot of time. It took two or three months the first time, but it was a very smart installation.

We have a partner.

It is expensive. I don't have the price for other competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. You need to have a good plan for its initial installation. It requires a lot of work in the network.

I would rate Darktrace an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Darktrace. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Founder and CEO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Detects and blocks attacks automatically, and has excellent support
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is that it does not require human intervention to eliminate a threat."
  • "The user interface and the configuration are a bit complex and should be improved or simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for both the detection and elimination of attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it does not require human intervention to eliminate a threat. It blocks everything automatically.

What needs improvement?

It's user-friendly, but it could be easier.

The pricing could be better and the scalability should be simplified for the customers.

The integration could be better, as it's not that interactive. They could make it more interactive for the customer's daily use.

I have been using Darktrace for three years.

It's a very stable solution. We are very satisfied with stability.

It's a scalable solution, but it's not very easy to scale. When using a detection environment, it's not very easy for the customer.

Technical support is very good. They are excellent.

Previously, we had completed some trials with IronNet.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It could be cheaper.

When it comes to large installations, it can be expensive, but for small accounts it's fine.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers and integrators of Darktrace.

I would rate Darktrace a nine out of ten.

Gian Michele Roletto
SOC Manager at Nais Srl
Good visibility, secure, with a variety of modules for investigating various behaviors
  • "The platform has many modules, and each module examines a different situation in the behavior."
  • "It's a very complex platform."

What is our primary use case?

Darktrace is a platform that is used to check all infrastructures. They check the compartmental in the network.

What is most valuable?

It is a very good platform for understanding what is going on in your network or in your environment because it checks all the activities. This is the same when I use activities on the device, server, network, and web, it checks it all.

The platform has many modules, and each module examines a different situation in the behavior.

What needs improvement?

It's a very complex platform.

I have been working with Darktrace for approximately one year.

Darktrace is a stable product.

It's a scalable platform.

The technical support is not very good.  I believe that the support must be very quick and operational. Support will need to grow in Italy, but I'm not sure about the other side.

It's an expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

While it is complex, and difficult to use, once you understand the correct way to use it, it's a very good platform. I would rate Darktrace a nine out of ten.

Técnico Informático at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Effectively stops cyber-attacks from spreading

What is our primary use case?

I use it for my business. Within our organization, there are around 500 people using this solution. We want to continue using Darktrace but it's very expensive.

What is most valuable?

Darktrace is very flexible.

I have been using this solution for a couple of weeks.

This solution is both scalable and stable.

The technical support is very good.

We used Stealthwatch and Proofpoint.

The initial setup was quite straightforward. Deployment takes roughly 45 minutes to one hour.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Darktrace is very flexible.

I have been using this solution for a couple of weeks.

This solution is both scalable and stable.

The technical support is very good.

We used Stealthwatch and Proofpoint.

We used an integrator.

This solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend using Darktrace. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Download our free Darktrace Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.