Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
QA Team Manager at MTS - Mer Telemanagement Solutions
Saves a lot of human resources by running full regression tests prior to each release.
  • "The database checkpoints detect problems which are difficult for a human resource to find."
  • "Customer service and technical support responsiveness are high. Everyone is very professional."
  • "Name Mapping feature should be clearer. Whenever I use it, I do not really know what will work and what will not work."
  • "Stability issues occurred only when connecting to the SourceSafe. Sometimes, after getting the latest version, the tool hangs and it should be reopened in order to recover."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to run regression tests on a call accounting system as a web application, which is running on a Windows operating system. The tests simulate user actions using UI and database verification.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has saved a lot of human resources by running full regression tests prior to each release. In addition, during the years, many major bugs have been detected by the tool, and it has saved us the big expense of fixing problems after a release. Our confidence with the tool increased as releases were performed successfully, without any rejections from the field.

What is most valuable?

The database checkpoints detect problems which are difficult for a human resource to find. In addition, verification of UI items in all screens is also important task that consumes too
much manual resources.

SmartBear TestComplete
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about SmartBear TestComplete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Eleven years.

No issues.

We did not have a previous solution.

The initial setup was straight forward. No issues at all during the setup stage.

The implementation was in-house.

Our ROI is about $10,000 a year.

The license price for a physical machine is cheap, and for virtual machine, it is very expensive.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

Senior Test Consultant at a outsourcing company with 51-200 employees
Fast, stable, very well organized, and can find and interact with almost everything that exists on Windows
  • "It works very fine. It is fast on almost any machine, and it is also very well organized. I like its object mapping and its capability to find and interact with almost everything that exists on Windows."
  • "I didn't use it very heavily. One issue that I found was that there wasn't a quick way or a button to move Visual Basic scripts to TestComplete. We have a lot of such scripts in our organization, and it would be very useful to have some option to easily move these scripts. It is currently possible to convert these scripts to TestComplete, but it is not easy. I have to write some code, but everything is not available immediately."

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution mostly for a proof of concept. We have a lot of desktop applications with a lot of engines and customized framework. I used this solution to prove that it can interact with some old desktop applications or customized framework, where any other tool would not fit.

What is most valuable?

It works very fine. It is fast on almost any machine, and it is also very well organized.

I like its object mapping and its capability to find and interact with almost everything that exists on Windows.

What needs improvement?

I didn't use it very heavily. One issue that I found was that there wasn't a quick way or a button to move Visual Basic scripts to TestComplete. We have a lot of such scripts in our organization, and it would be very useful to have some option to easily move these scripts. It is currently possible to convert these scripts to TestComplete, but it is not easy. I have to write some code, but everything is not available immediately.

I have been using this solution for maybe one year.

It is very stable and easy going.

I didn't come to that point. In my department, we had two users.

I didn't contact them.

The initial setup was very straightforward. I have a lot of experience and knowledge. Therefore, it was very easy for me to switch to TestComplete, but I am not sure about a new person.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate SmartBear TestComplete an eight out of ten.

SmartBear TestComplete
September 2022
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of Digital & Cognitive Services at a tech company with 11-50 employees
A quality product overall but some cross-browser issues must be addressed
  • "The ease-of-use and quality of the overall product are above average."
  • "In the cross-browser domain, it has a few snags with Microsoft Edge and Chrome; although, these problems are not critical."

What is our primary use case?

We use TestComplete for automation and functional testing — for support in the CI/CD pipeline. We also use it for cognitive solution application testing.

What is most valuable?

The ease-of-use and quality of the overall product are above average.

What needs improvement?

In the cross-browser domain, it has a few snags with Microsoft Edge and Chrome; although, these problems are not critical. Overall, The internal customer feedback is above average.

I have used TestComplete for almost one year.

TestComplete is both scalable and stable.

Deploying TestComplete was very easy.

The pricing is a little above average — it could be lower.

Currently, we are not looking at any competition or changing or anything else.

What other advice do I have?

Price-wise, feature-wise, its ability to integrate with other products, and of course, scalability-wise, it's great. I would absolutely recommend TestComplete to others.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give TestComplete a rating of seven.

Download our free SmartBear TestComplete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022