We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Software Developer at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
The stability is fine, but tech support could be more knowledgeable
  • "I have found all the features to be valuable, including those involving reporting, the dashboard, notifications, email modules, the database and data input."
  • "I find the tech support to be inadequately knowledgeable."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is an integrated platform. We use it for risk management, mitigation and integration.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution has the ability to export data and provide us with daily reports.

I have found all the features to be valuable, including those involving reporting, the dashboard, notifications, email modules, the database and data input.

What needs improvement?

There are many issues which Archer needs to work on, including those involving the database and the UI. I find the tech support to be inadequately knowledgeable.

As I am a developer and responsible for providing production support, I do not have personal knowledge of the pricing. However, my colleagues claim that it is very expensive in comparison with other tools.

As concerns the stability, we have not encountered any bugs, glitches or performance issues.

Starting from the outset, we have employed very few applications, the current number being just shy of 50.

The tech support should be more knowledgeable.

We did not use a different solution prior to RSA Archer, which we have been with for a long time.

As relates to the deployment process, I found the new packaging thing to be a bit complex, although it is fine. I got used to it.

The length of the process varies with the number of applications.

One person is required to set up the solution. The solution must be maintained.

What other advice do I have?

There are presently between 50 and 100 people making use of the solution in our organization.

The solution comes with very good features. If they could just fix a couple of things then this solution would make a very good evergreen tool.

I rate RSA Archer as a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Assistant Manager at Deloitte
Easy to set up but some issues with stability
  • "Solution is scalable."
  • "Slow turnaround time from support team."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case varies depending on the requirements, but uses include working on email notifications, fetching data feeds, and working on feed managers.

How has it helped my organization?

Archer allows us to define the progress of the organization's processes and helps build the right cyclic process and improve the current structure. We also track a lot and transfer a lot of vendors and users, and Archer has a repository that allows us to collect that data step by step. It also makes auditing easier.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of RSA Archer are notifications, workflow routing, and data filtering.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement is the turnaround time for advice from the support team. In the next release, I would like to see a maturity rating feature that would provide industry ratings and information on the market.

I have been using this solution for about a year and a half.

Stability has improved over time, but there's still a lot of latency with some features, like looking up or checking the database.

This solution is scalable.

The tech support team's turnaround time is often slow.

Previously, I have used Aravo, and currently, I'm using Process Utility.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward as we were given hands-on training. Deployment took around three months.

What other advice do I have?

When implementing Archer, I recommend looking through the videos supplied and making use of the free sessions that Archer provides. I would rate this product as six out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about RSA Archer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Varghese Jacob
Lead-IT & Information Security at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Allows for easy risk management and presents data wonderfully
  • "The most valuable features are the advanced workflow and the dashboards. This tool can present data wonderfully to management, and it is easy for them to manage the risk plans."
  • "An area for improvement would be the user interface. They could also offer more on-demand applications free of cost."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for government risk compliance, including risk management, cost reviews, and security management.

How has it helped my organization?

The risks which impact the organization or the IT section are presented in a well-displayed manner, which helps us to plan for, manage, or even mitigate risks. In short, Archer helps us plan our risk management very easily.

What needs improvement?

I've been using Archer for seven or eight years.

Archer has some performance issues when working on a single server. There is also a tendency for bugs to appear with every update.

I found this product easy to scale.

The tech support team is very good, but they need to be a little quicker to respond.

The complexity of the setup varies depending on the size of your network. With one server, installation is easy and shouldn't take a knowledgeable person more than three hours to complete.

We've seen a good return on investment in terms of time saved.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone thinking of implementing Archer to go for it. I would give this tool a score of eight out of ten.