Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Kenneth Cespedes - PeerSpot reviewer
RPA Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Stable with s straightforward setup and offers good collaboration capabilities
  • "So far, we are just testing it and seeking out use cases, however, so far, it's been an interesting solution to work with."
  • "We may need additional features for processing data."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for accountability for a few processes in a financial services company.

Right now, we are in the early stages of using the product. We just want to watch it to see how it works, what use cases we can take from it, and how we can incorporate it into the business.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good collaboration capabilities.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

The solution is very stable.

What needs improvement?

We have too many processes. We use non-script data. We need to see how to capture this information and do a process mining to improve the data - to clean that data and store that data but in a clean way. We still need to figure out if UiPath can do this effectively.

We may need additional features for processing data.

We haven't used the solution too long. We're still working to figure out if we will keep using it.

UiPath Process Mining
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about UiPath Process Mining. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability has been good so far. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

As we are still testing the solution, we only have five to ten users actually using the solution in our company.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's easy. It's not overly complex or difficult. Everything is pretty simple to execute.

We first tested the system to see how it worked, and then we implemented it.

I cannot recall how many staff members were actually involved in the implementation process.

We used a consultant during the implementation.

We are looking at UiPath in comparison to Automation Anywhere, to see which works better and which we should use primarily.

Right now, we have Automation Anywhere, version 11, and that version is on-premise. The next step for us is we need to move to a cloud version, and we have find out of we should stay with Automation Anywhere and move to 360 or we move to UiPath's cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with UiPath.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten so far. We're still experimenting and learning. We're still seeing what it can do and how it can fit into our business. However, from what we've seen, it's compelling.

Sr. Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly, useful technical, and is easy to install
  • "It provides the visualization, the PI data, and all other information."
  • "While it is fairly stable, this is something that could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

UiPath is a platform that I use for automation in the enterprise.

I mine the process. In terms of Process Mining, I basically do the following: your SME can perform a process in a variety of ways. For example, let's say you call me and ask me a structured question. Consider the possibility that five of your coworkers are performing a similar task.

They may have their own way of asking questions or carrying out a specific procedure. Then, depending on the type of associate you have, the number of questions you ask. The Process Mining solution will essentially figure out what the process variations are. These variations have been identified. Also, if there are gaps where people may not be following a standard process correctly, those gaps will be remembered as well.

What is most valuable?

It provides the visualization, the PI data, and all other information.

What needs improvement?

I believe it is adequate. I don't think there is an issue with the tool.

While it is fairly stable, this is something that could be improved.

I have been using UiPath Process Mining for two years.

We are working with the latest version.

UiPath Process Mining is fairly stable.

iPath Process Mining is easily scalable.

The number of users varies from client to client. There are a number of clients.

Technical support is very useful.

We use everything from Process Mining to RPA to OCR in UiPath. We use UiPath ProcessGold.

It is straightforward to set up. Because it is cloud-based, all you need is the right subscription, account, and set up in your company to use it.

Yes, I have seen a return on investment. The ROI varies depending on the process, but it is really good.

Regarding the price, I'm not sure. My procurement team handles this, so I don't have to worry about it.

What other advice do I have?

I will undoubtedly use them because they are an excellent solution that I believe I should recommend to everyone. In fact, the entire UiPath suite is extremely user-friendly, which is why I consider it to be one of the best tools on the market.

I would rate UiPath Process Mining a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
UiPath Process Mining
September 2022
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RPA Infrastructure Lead at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Resilient and time-saving solution with good ROI
  • "UiPath Process Mining's most valuable feature is its integration with RPA's bots."
  • "The configurations on the ERP platforms could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use UiPath Process Mining for our internal financial processes, which need insights into the process workflows. UiPath Process Mining allows us to align our workflow to have a better result rate in terms of the APA processes.

How has it helped my organization?

There were a lot of gaps in our process, and UiPath Process Mining allowed us to find and fill those gaps, so now the process takes less time, and the customer outcome delivery has been improved.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The configurations on the ERP platforms could be improved. In the next release, I would like UiPath Process Mining to include better integration with some of their other offerings, more ERP platforms, and more legacy systems.

I've been using UiPath Process Mining for fourteen to fifteen months.

UiPath Process Mining is pretty stable because it's highly resilient. We've seen little to no downtime in the past four-and-a-half years.

UiPath Process Mining is scalable - we can get the number of services we need as per our demand.

UiPath's technical support is very good and responsive.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was quite straightforward because we used the SaaS offering, which integrated easily with our internal applications. Deployment took around a month. I would rate the setup experience as four out of five.

We got direct help from the UiPath support team.

We haven't yet calculated our ROI, but our projections show we'll be able to reach out to 100-plus users, with savings of approximately more than $1 million over three years.

UiPath's licensing is based on how many documents we process using this solution.

We evaluated Celonis.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone considering implementing UiPath Process Mining to go for the cloud version instead of the on-prem. On-prem requires a lot in terms of specification and management, and the cost will eventually rise. However, the SaaS model is cost-effective and very easy to maintain and manage because UiPath takes care of infrastructure and so on. I would rate UiPath Process Mining as nine out of ten.

Nayeem  Mohammed - PeerSpot reviewer
Program Manager - IA at Proven Consult
Straightforward to set up, good support, and is very handy for beginning with RPA
  • "What I like about this solution is the way it identifies the process and the transformation from data to some analysis between appliances."
  • "Not everyone in the business can readily provide the kind of information that is to be put into process mining, which is an area that needs to be worked on."

What is our primary use case?

We are IT, service providers. We help our customers use this solution.

When you have a huge inventory of business processes, and you need to understand where to begin your automation journey.

That is where process mining becomes a very handy, tool.

With the help of the CPG logs, we can data mine the database logs, which processes consume more time, which is more critical, and which is more business.

What is most valuable?

What I like about this solution is the way it identifies the process and the transformation from data to some analysis between appliances.

What needs improvement?

Process mining doesn't need an improvement as such. However, to get the data from the business process, the backend data, and the log data, from the business and feeding that to process mining is a challenge.

Not everyone in the business can readily provide the kind of information that is to be put into process mining, which is an area that needs to be worked on.

At the moment, process mining is a new product, so the pitfalls or the cons of this tool are yet to be realized. It's too early to say.

What I would expect is a little bit of an AI component included in process mining. That would help the developers or the business analyst get more insights into the other possible options.

The element of features that can be included. At the moment it is data-driven. There should be some improvement in terms of its intelligence to artificial means. That is what I'm looking for from them.

I have been using UiPath for six months.

I am using the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

Process Mining is scalable, providing that it is applied to process mining as an input.

We plan to continue providing this solution to our clients.

Support from UiPath is easy. We have not had any challenge in terms of getting their assistance.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very quick.

The installation was done by someone on our IT team.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend it. This is a very good tool. The inputs to this process mining are also very good.

Nayeem  Mohammed - PeerSpot reviewer
Nayeem MohammedProgram Manager - IA at Proven Consult
Top 5LeaderboardReal User

More detail about Process Mining....

Every enterprise system—like SAP, Salesforce or Oracle—captures event data related to your processes. Process mining reads this data and transforms it into an event log. This event log contains three key pieces of information vital for process mining: a time stamp, a case ID, and an activity.

Using the event log, process mining automatically creates a process graph that lets you understand every detail of your process—including the timing of each step and all the variations in process flows. That’s exactly the level and type of detail you need.

The visualization capabilities built into advanced process mining tools help you zero in on what should be optimized, how to do it, and what the return on your efforts will be. You can easily build and prioritize your automation pipeline or process optimization efforts. You’ll be able to immediately understand the impacts of proposed process changes or automations—including costs saved and effort required.

Bryan Senter - PeerSpot reviewer
Strategic Alliance Manager, Public Sector at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
You can identify individual tasks that are potentially consuming time within each process
  • "With Salesforce, you can identify individual tasks that are potentially consuming time within each process. You can see what process you want to automate and which task within a process will give you the most bang for your buck."
  • "Setting up UiPath is relatively complex. It potentially involves multiple business units. First, you need to set up the connectors. If you want to analyze enterprise performance, you will have to do enterprise connectors, which means you must deal with different system owners, security, and things like that. That can get complicated."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to identify and map out processes in our system then identify areas that would be good candidates for automation. You can use it to analyze your entire enterprise, including ERP, CRM, etc. It's not limited to a single workstation.

What is most valuable?

With Salesforce, you can identify individual tasks that are potentially consuming time within each process. You can see what process you want to automate and which task within a process will give you the most bang for your buck.

You can compare performance over time and see if your changes push a bottleneck downstream or what kind of results you're getting with it. Otherwise, you can use it to measure the performance increases you can introduce.

I've been using UiPath for about a year.

UiPath's stability is excellent.

UiPath is scalable, and it can work offline. You can build the collection separate from the process mining instance and then feed it as a series of files, log files, etc. In addition, you can limit its impact to a specific sandbox, so it can work in a secure environment that way.

UiPath can be used as a standalone tool, or with the UiPath automation hub, it can produce documentation and even scale out by integrating with other solutions.

Setting up UiPath is relatively complex. It potentially involves multiple business units. First, you need to set up the connectors. If you want to analyze enterprise performance, you will have to do enterprise connectors, which means you must deal with different system owners, security, and things like that. That can get complicated.

After installation, one person could certainly maintain it, but it would depend on how many different things you're monitoring,

If you're in a situation where UiPath will be helpful to you, then you're going to get an amazing return.

What other advice do I have?

I rate UiPath 10 out of 10. It's as good or better than anything else out there I'm aware of. If you plan to implement it, I advise you to work with an experienced partner. It takes a specialized skillset with a combination of business and technical know-how to set UiPath up and to get the most out of it, you want to work with someone who knows.

RPA Developer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Satisfactory online support, and the solution is robust
  • "I have never had issues with online technical support."
  • "It would be helpful to make the spy modules more accurate."

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the design studios. Design studios and exception handling are the two that we usually migrate to Blue Prism because Blue Prism's exception handling and design studios are much more, user-friendly.

It would be helpful to make the spy modules more accurate.

The spy modules will integrate your Citrix-based programs. Many people are moving to Citrix-based systems.

I have been working with UiPath Process Mining since 2019.

UiPath Process Mining is a very stable product.

The most significant issue with scalability on most platforms, such as Blue Prism and UiPath, is that they are extremely expensive.

I have never had issues with online technical support.

I have also been working with Blue Prism since 2016, 2017. We are using version 6.9.

Automation based on the browser. The browser base is very stable, but there is some room for improvement in the spying elements on some websites. It's your capability where you actually spy something and run it unattended because most of our bots are unattended fields, so you have to build in a whole backup just to deal with it that way.

Blue Prism is very stable.

They are expensive in terms of scalability. I believe their bots, particularly their resource bots, are superior to the majority of the others. You can run three solutions on one resource.

They're brilliant. Blue Prism has outstanding technical support.

It's not as simple as drag and drop. You have to design your own solution within Blue Prism. People need to concentrate more. Blue Prism is more unattended than attended, so they must concentrate more on your exception handling on Blue Prism to get the product to work perfectly.

The Blue Prism is simple to design, but handling exceptions requires careful thought. However, that product never fails.

I would rate Blue Prism a nine out of ten.

It is extremely expensive.

What other advice do I have?

One thing to remember about RPA is that you must first identify the appropriate processes. If you want to maximize your value impact, you must first identify the appropriate processes.

I would rate UiPath Process Mining an eight out of ten.

RPA Technical Solution Lead at AG Consultancy & Apps. Lt.
Excellent platform to work with, responsive technical support, and scalable with any applications
  • "UiPath Process Mining is definitely stable."
  • "I think they need to look at pricing. Now in the market, there are other process mining applications that are far cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We work with many SAP-based clients, ninety percent of the time. Any P2P process, or purchase payment process which takes or consumes a lot of time, you can put through UiPath Process Mining to understand where the bottlenecks are. Any of the applications will serve as a good use case to understand where the bottlenecks of the application are.

What is most valuable?

UiPath Process Mining platform works very well with process mining. Process mining connects to SAP, and other applications, giving you the output desired. You need other applications to support what you have found out.

What needs improvement?

I think they need to look at pricing. Since acquiring Process Gold it was stable on process mining. But now in the market, there are other process mining applications that are far cheaper. I think subsequent versions should focus on reducing the price.

I have been using UiPath Process Mining for the last year.

UiPath Process Mining is definitely stable.

Ui Path Process Mining is scalable, once you have Process Mining, you can tie it up, or stitch it with any applications that you have in your company.

They have always been supportive and given us the assistance we need.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

If it has to be done at an enterprise level, I think it would be slightly complex. But with the trial and the learning part of it is very easy.

We are UiPath partners, so it was straight out of the box. We did not explore anything else. But we have consultants who have worked on Celonis. And most recently, we have consultants who are working with SAP Signavio, which is also a process mining tool.

What other advice do I have?

Explore and do not look only from a technical side, but also have sufficient functional consultants who know the application and the processes in and out, to support the deployment. Together, they can deliver the final output. Otherwise, if you are too dependent on just the technical people, I do not think process mining will succeed in the company. I would rate UiPath Process Mining an eight out of ten.

Senior Consultant at SDLC Partners
Great implementation strategy, good support that is responsive, but the infrastructure setup could be simplified
  • "The most valuable feature is that it improves our processes and it deploys automation at a cheaper price, higher efficiency, and accuracy."
  • "There is always a challenge with the infrastructure set up for the client."

What is our primary use case?

Process Mining helps us to understand how our processes have been built. From that, we can analyze and make the necessary improvements, so that we can be more productive.

UiPath Process Mining is not the only tool the client is using, but Process Mining is something that we would use as an add-on to what we have.

For example, if we are using UiPath Studio with five production boards and running it on different systems, then running five different processes, Process Mining can help us to understand how these processes are working, and help us to analyze if there is any room for improvement, or needs any changes to be more accurate and more efficient.

What is most valuable?

UiPath has a great implementation strategy. They will release the beta version eventually, but they always have implemented it within the next month. They have a new release for each and every product within one to two months.

That's how they build these processes and build these products. When you see or get a new product, it's an enhancement of what we have in the previous version.

They are always improving, which is a good thing.

What needs improvement?

There is always a challenge with the infrastructure set up for the client. Setting up the server is something that might be difficult. It needs to be simplified to make it easier to install the tools and start working on the automation.

The UiPath technical support is good. If we have any questions, they have a separate team to address any questions that we may have. Once we raise a ticket with the help center, they will reach out to us based on the priority of the ticket and then try to resolve it.

If there is something that they are not able to sort out, they will get more involved and do a screen share to help us resolve the issues.

The initial setup is similar to the RPA processes that we build.

It's not a complex setup, it's easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate UiPath Process Mining a seven out of ten.

Download our free UiPath Process Mining Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022