IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Sridhar Rudra - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Professional at Qatar Computer Services WLL
Easy to set up with fair pricing and good stability
  • "The next-generation antivirus features are excellent."
  • "I'm not sure about the cloud migration part, in terms of whether it is seamless or not."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for protection.

What is most valuable?

The DLP is very good.  The next-generation antivirus features are excellent. The initial setup is easy. We have found the solution to be stable. The scalability is very good.  The price of the product is fair.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure about the cloud migration part, in terms of whether it is seamless or not. We'd like the solution to incorporate more ETL functionalities in the future.

I've been using the solution for almost a year now. It hasn't been that long just yet.
Trend Micro Smart Protection
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Smart Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The product has been stable so far. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is good.

The scalability of the product is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.  We mostly deal with enterprise-level organizations and it works very well for them.

As I am in sales, I do not directly deal with technical support. Therefore, I cannot provide feedback in terms of the level of their service. I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The implementation process is not complex. It's very simple and straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

The pricing is very reasonable. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are a managed security service provider, and we provide solutions to our customers.We are existing platinum partners with Trend Micro. I am on the sales side, not delivery, therefore, I cannot speak to which version of the solution we are using.  Overall, it's a good product. I would rate it at an eight out of ten.
Nadeem Syed - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Haniya Technologies
Reseller
Integrates well, robust features, and straightforward installation
  • "One of the most valuable features of Trend Micro Smart Protection is the integration with other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Smart Protection is used for network security.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Trend Micro Smart Protection is the integration with other solutions.

Trend Micro Smart Protection is not much different than the Apex One, but has a few more features and is more robust.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more compatible with other operating systems.

I have been using Trend Micro Smart Protection for approximately three months.

Trend Micro Smart Protection is stable.

The solution is scalable.

I have approximately 100 customers using this solution.

The support is very good.

I use other security solutions, such as Trend Micro Apex One.

The installation is straightforward. If you have a smaller network environment it could take one day for the implementation and if it is a larger complex environment it could take approximately four days.

We use one certified technician to do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

There is an annual license required for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. However, those looking to purchase this solution should first look at their network to understand the requirements and what they want to do exactly. Trend Micro Smart Protection might be a solution that is more than what is required and Trend Micro Apex One could be sufficient in their use case. Overall choosing between Apex One or Smart Protection is up to them to decide based on their use case.

I rate Trend Micro Smart Protection an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Trend Micro Smart Protection
    June 2022
    607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Leiter Network & Security at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    A security solution with a useful antivirus signature, but administration could be better
    • "The antivirus signature is valuable."
    • "The administration could be better. They could decrease the administrative burden and enable easier management. There are many features, options, and settings which is quite challenging for some of our customers. The complexity of the interface is also an issue. From a software point of view, I would prefer to see actual signatures and actual protection patterns, rather than new features."

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro Smart Protection mainly for Windows 10 end points on clients' computers.

What is most valuable?

The antivirus signature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The administration could be better. They could decrease the administrative burden and enable easier management. There are many features, options, and settings which is quite challenging for some of our customers. The complexity of the interface is also an issue. From a software point of view, I would prefer to see actual signatures and actual protection patterns, rather than new features.

The variety of products Trend Micro offers is huge, and their names have changed every two years. It's quite difficult to explain to customers the benefits, the complexity of the lineup, and the appropriate products for them.

I have been using Trend Micro Smart Protection for many years.

Technical support is okay, not excellent.

We use almost the whole lineup of products from Trend Micro. For example, we use their new solution with artificial intelligence. The use case for the Smart Protection solution is fair and appropriate for extended use.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The cost seems competitive.

What other advice do I have?

As a reseller, I would advise new users not to get the license directly. It's better to get it through value-added resellers who have some information, recommendations, and the appropriate settings that best suit the application.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Trend Micro Smart Protection a six.

Admin IT infrastructure at Ajanta Pharma Ltd
    Well-priced with good anti-virus capabilities, but database encryption is missing
    • "The most valuable features are the DLP and anti-virus functionality."
    • "This product would be improved if it had more monitoring capabilities so that it could stop threats before they break into the network and damage it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for anti-virus and managing protection for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the DLP and anti-virus functionality. The anti-virus is good.

What needs improvement?

Nowadays, it is not possible to rely only on an anti-virus solution. This product would be improved if it had more monitoring capabilities so that it could stop threats before they break into the network and damage it.

Database encryption is missing and should be added.

We have been using Trend Micro Smart Protection for one year.

This is a stable solution.

We have not tried to scale it.

During my tenure, I have never required technical support.

The deployment is easy and quick. You just download the client, install it, and configure it.

The pricing is good compared to Symantec and McAfee. However, the features are not in a bundled form but rather, they are in a separate, segregated format. If I want to use other features apart from DLP, I have to purchase extra licenses.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the scenario. There are many similar products on the market right now, and everybody is evaluating them based on their own needs. That said, this is a good product and it is worth having a look at.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Adonis Manansala - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Solutions Architect at Universal Access and Systems Solutions
    It's good for monitoring traffic, particularly email, and securing our clients' endpoints

What is most valuable?

Smart Protection is great for monitoring traffic, particularly email, and protecting the endpoints. Both are valuable.

What needs improvement?

Smart Protection could be more compatible with older operating systems like Windows XP and Windows 2000. Some of our clients have requested that.

I've been working for this company for three years, but I also provided Trend Micro solutions to a paper company before, so I've been using Trend Micro for five to 10 years.

In 2019, we deployed Trend Micro APEX One to one of the biggest banks in the Philippines. Some of our clients use Check Point and others use Sophos.

I've heard no complaints from customers, so Smart Protection seems to be stable.

Smart Protection is scalable.

Smart Protection is easy to deploy. The time needed for deployment depends on the number of sites and endpoints. It can take anywhere from one to three months. You need a minimum of two engineers and a maximum of six.

We also provide a managed service. For my research project, there are two assigned engineers and around two to four help desks.

I don't deal with numbers, but clients tell me that it's a cost-efficient solution that's competitive with other endpoint protection software.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Trend Micro Smart Protection nine out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
    Easwaran Raman - PeerSpot reviewer
    GM Business development at Amvion
    Beneficial endpoint protection, scalable, and helpful support

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used for servers or the client's systems for endpoint protection and DLP.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature is endpoint security.

I have been using Trend Micro Smart Protection for approximately three years.

The stability and performance of the solution are good.

The solution is scalable, it is suited for medium to large businesses.

The support of the solution is very good.

I have used other solutions, such as Kaspersky.

The installation process is simple. If there are any critical issues, it will take four to five hours. Otherwise, a maximum of one or two hours.

There are regular updates or patching needed for maintenance.

The solution is a little expensive. However, they can reduce the price for competition. There are different licensing models.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution because the support is the best.

I rate Trend Micro Smart Protection a ten out of ten.

Senior Cloud Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Flexible, easy to use, and stable

What is our primary use case?

I am using Trend Micro Smart Protection to protect my information.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use, flexible, and secure.

I have been using Trend Micro Smart Protection for approximately three years.

Trend Micro Smart Protection is stable.

The installation is straightforward.

The price of the solution should be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Trend Micro Smart Protection a nine out of ten.

Download our free Trend Micro Smart Protection Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022