IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Masood Khan - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead Storage Analyst at CLSA
Useful dashboard management, helpful support, but missed guaranteed storage capacity
  • "The most valuable features of Pure Storage FlashArray are simplicity, ease of use, and dashboard management."
  • "Pure Storage FlashArray could improve some aspects. There are certain features that are good and there are some features that I see some issues with at the technical level. Those issues are related to replication. They need to resolve those issues, which I have already highlighted to the Pure team. Additionally, there are some issues in the active cluster that could improve."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Pure Storage FlashArray for data protection. We keep our backup data on the solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Pure Storage FlashArray are simplicity, ease of use, and dashboard management.

What needs improvement?

Pure Storage FlashArray could improve some aspects. There are certain features that are good and there are some features that I see some issues with at the technical level. Those issues are related to replication. They need to resolve those issues, which I have already highlighted to the Pure team. Additionally, there are some issues in the active cluster that could improve.

I have been using Pure Storage FlashArray for approximately one year.

Pure Storage FlashArray
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Pure Storage FlashArray. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of Pure Storage FlashArray has been stable.

We have had some issues with Pure Storage FlashArray capacity. We were guaranteed capacity which we did not receive.

The solution is scalable, all storage solutions are scalable.

We do not have end users of this solution, but all of our data from the company is going to the Pure Storage FlashArray.

We plan to increase the usage of the solution in the future.

The support from Pure Storage FlashArray is very good.

The initial setup of Pure Storage FlashArray is quick and was not a difficult process.

We used the reseller to do the implementation of Pure Storage FlashArray. It took one engineer from the reseller and one engineer from my team.

We have approximately 10 users who are managing Pure Storage FlashArray.

Once you purchase Pure Storage FlashArray it is all-inclusive, you receive all the licenses needed.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Pure Storage FlashArray a seven out of ten.

Infrastructure Engineer at ISAM
Meets our needs, and has good speed and good programmability
  • "I like the speed, and I like the API and how programmable it is."
  • "Its price could be cheaper. It is not the cheapest one out there, but I'm not directly involved in the figures and negotiations."

What is our primary use case?

At the moment, we're migrating our complete infrastructure onto Pure Storage. All of our storage is going onto it.

We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

I like the speed, and I like the API and how programmable it is.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be cheaper. It is not the cheapest one out there, but I'm not directly involved in the figures and negotiations.

In terms of features, we are really happy with it. We haven't had it long enough to give feedback on that.

I have been using this solution for a year now.

So far, it has been brilliant. We haven't really had it long enough to judge it.

It seems pretty good, but we haven't really tested it.

We have about a hundred users. We will possibly increase its usage. It will be done slowly.

It has been really easy to use. Their support has been very helpful.

We were using another solution. We switched because it was very old, and we were looking at something that was an SSD.

I was not involved in the initial setup. For its deployment, we had a couple of engineers.

It is not the cheapest one out there. We're paying yearly, but I'm not 100% sure.

We evaluated Pure and NetApp, and we eventually went with Pure. A positive point with NetApp was the price.

What other advice do I have?

If it's financially viable for you and you can afford it, it's worth it.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Pure Storage FlashArray
July 2022
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Platform Technologies Lead Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use, has excellent support, and a large variety of features
  • "The speed is one of the most valuable features of Pure Storage FlashArray."
  • "The price could be better."

What is our primary use case?

Pure Storage FlashArray is our main SAN solution. It's for SAN for service for data storage.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use.

The speed is one of the most valuable features of Pure Storage FlashArray.

It's a brilliant solution with brilliant support.

Pure Storage FlashArray has a lot of features.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better.

I have been using Pure Storage FlashArray for three years.

Pure Storage FlashArray is an absolutely stable solution.

It's a highly scalable product.

In our organization, we have 1,500 users.

We have plans to increase the usage.

The support is excellent.

We were also using other technologies such as EMC, and Hitachi. We were using various other SAN storage systems. It was approximately three years ago.

We switched to Pure Storage FlashArray because it was easier to administer, and it is very powerful and fast.

It is not difficult to install.

It only requires one admin to maintain this solution.

As it's a SAN, it's a corporate solution, that requires experts.

It can be costly, but the return on our investment is extremely high.

Price is always an area that could be improved.

There are no licensing fees or other costs.

We have reviewed other solutions. We looked at a variety of options.

What other advice do I have?

I would encourage them to try the solution.

I would rate Pure Storage FlashArray a 10 out of 10.

Tahir Shahid - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Consultant and Architect at Tahir Professional Services
A reasonably priced, scalable and stable solution with great support and easy installation
  • "The technical support is very good."
  • "There are many features which need to be added, particularly on the replication side."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

We are satisfied with the product. It is very good.

What needs improvement?

There is definitely room for improvement.

Overall, the solution is pretty good, although it does have certain gaps. There are many features which need to be added, particularly on the replication side.

We have been using Pure Storage FlashArray for around three years.

So far, the solution has proven itself to be stable.

The solution is very scalable.

The technical support is very good.

Prior to going with Pure Storage FlashArray, we were using the range of all of the Dell EMC products.

While all these products have their own uses, Pure Storage FlashArray is in a market of its own.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It takes under two hours to accomplish.

The pricing is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is definitely storage-centric and this it accomplishes very well.

I use the solution in my own company.

The solution is both cloud- and on-premises based.

While I don't actually use the solution myself, as I provide services for and commission it for the customer, I have probably done this 50 times over so far.

I definitely recommend the solution. It's very good. It does what it advertises and this very well.

As Pure Storage FlashArray is purpose-built, I would rate it as a ten out of ten.

Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Stable, scalable, good speed, and fast support
  • "I like its speed. It has all the features that I need."
  • "Its price needs improvement. Its price is almost double than any other flash storage solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are basically using it for the department of space and online education purposes. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

I like its speed. It has all the features that I need.

What needs improvement?

Its price needs improvement. Its price is almost double than any other flash storage solution.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have about 81 users.

I have interacted with them. They respond very fast to our queries.

I was using a Sun Microsystems product. Basically, the Sun Microsystems product is nothing but Hitachi Storage. They buy Hitachi Storage and label it as Sun Microsystems.

We tried it on our own and almost reached the final stage, but then we had some doubts. After that, Pure people came and helped us. It took about three to four hours to complete the whole installation.

We did it on our own. We had only two Admins for its deployment.

Its price is almost double than any other flash storage solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I am satisfied with this solution, and we plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Pure Storage FlashArray a nine out of ten.

Technology and Architecture Deputy Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has good data replication and continuous snapshots
  • "The most valuable features are the replication of data and the continuous snapshot that we can take from the disc."
  • "The problem is that we can only make a few groups, around five or six groups. I like groups and we need a lot of them. We had to put all the information in only a few groups and cannot make a more detailed separation of them."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to keep the disc for all the critical systems in the company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the replication of data and the continuous snapshot that we can take from the disc.

What needs improvement?

The problem is that we can only make a few groups, around five or six groups. I like groups and we need a lot of them. We had to put all the information in only a few groups and cannot make a more detailed separation of them.

This is the only problem that we have in the two years of working with Pure Storage and it is not an important problem. The interface that this solution has is really good. It senses all the errors. We get good support from the vendor.

The price doesn't really matter. It's very expensive, it can be cheaper.

I have been using Pure Storage FlashArray for around two years.

Stability is very good. We haven't had any problems.

We have around 4,000 users.

The initial setup was very easy. It took around two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution.

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It has all the features we need. It tests all the software solutions that are currently available and that will be available in the future. You do not have to pay for any additional solutions that they purchase.

IT Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Simplifies management for capacity-oriented workloads
  • "It's very fast and very easy to use. It performs well and is both flexible and compatible. We like it because it's easy to use."
  • "The integration capabilities could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use flash storage for VDI architecture and database architecture.

What is most valuable?

It's very fast and very easy to use. It performs well and is both flexible and compatible. We like it because it's easy to use. We transferred our old architecture from hyper storage to all-flash storage. It made our business faster and more connected to our customers.

The dashboard is very friendly. We can see information about IPs and the bandwidth and every host who connects to it — it's very useful.

We really like the easy-to-use GUI.

What needs improvement?

The integration capabilities could be improved.

I have been using this solution for roughly three years.

Pure Storage FlashArray is a very stable and reliable solution.

In our environment, there are only two nodes. We have three products. Each one has two nodes and they can't extend any further.

We haven't needed to contact customer support.

This solution is very easy to deploy. Deployment took roughly half an hour.

I was not involved with the licensing of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend this solution to our friends and customers. It's perfect.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Itamar  Garcia - PeerSpot reviewer
SAP Services Manager at Think about IT
Reseller
Provides great performance, is powerful with high-speed duplication
  • "Provides fast access and is user-friendly."
  • "Self-backup is the only feature lacking in this solution."

What is our primary use case?

I work for a company that offers outsourcing services for IT solutions. I work in system support and we are resellers of Pure Storage FlashArray.

What is most valuable?

I'm a Pure Storage fan because I think this solution offers great performance. It provides fast access, is user-friendly and it's easy for us to support this product. The product is also very powerful with high-speed duplication which makes it easier to manage things. I understand that there is a new version of system operation that includes a self-protect configuration to avoid getting hacked. It's crucial for us here in Brazil where we need to be safe.

What needs improvement?

The only feature the solution lacks is self-backup. If you're working with different processors, you need to install different software tools to back up. But if it were directly available, it would make things very easy.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable, we haven't had any problems in five years.

The solution is scalable.

We have a close relationship with customer support and they are good.

The initial setup is very easy, there aren't any problems.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution 10 out of 10.

Download our free Pure Storage FlashArray Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022