IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
William Osser - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Test Automation Engineer at BlackRock
Geolocation testing and other features help us attain uniformity across browsers, operating systems, and locales
  • "Geolocation testing is as straightforward as ticking checkboxes of browsers, operating systems, and countries."
  • "LambdaTest needs to have native application testing, which would be a great help to my team."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the LambdaTest platform is to help us scale our testing efforts. We are consistent with our product updates; however, the remote working gave us a backseat in terms of test execution speed. Our second biggest concern was to attain uniformity and functionality across all of the browsers that our target audiences use. Using LambdaTest, it was easier to scale our testing efforts, plus the team was getting better with writing quality code.

How has it helped my organization?

Using LambdaTest, we could run all our functionality tests across various browsers, OS, and resolutions. We have a significantly large user base with some users accessing the product through obsolete browsers like Internet Explorer. LambdaTest was a big help to test over those rare combinations of browsers and OS. In addition, Lambdatest helped us find UI misalignments and browser compatibility issues faster than before. A big plus to the automation suite that helped us bring down the time, effort, and cost of our deployment. Thanks to the support team for being available 24*7, and solving rare hiccups, then and there.

What is most valuable?

The availability of legacy browsers and OS have helped us test rare combinations. Geolocation testing is as straightforward as ticking checkboxes of browsers, operating systems, and countries. We can ensure that our content is localized and see how it is reflecting on our preferred locations. The scalability of the testing process helped us deploy faster. It provides free access to LT Browser to perform responsiveness testing. This is a super intuitive tool for responsivity testing. Integrations with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and CircleCI discounted a lot of operational load.

What needs improvement?

LambdaTest needs to have native application testing, which would be a great help to my team. We have requested this feature from the support team but it's yet to be implemented. We would also like to see more devices for screenshot testing.
Functional Testing Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about LambdaTest, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using LambdaTest for one year.

We previously used Sauce Labs.
Dan  Bovey - PeerSpot reviewer
Frontend Web Engineer at Poq
Scales well, natively supports geolocation testing, and integrates well with CI/CD tools
  • "This product offers out-of-the-box geolocation testing in automation, which is amazing!"
  • "Mobile application testing would be helpful for us."

What is our primary use case?

Using LambdaTest automation has allowed us to run all of our functionality tests suits across multiple browsers and OS.

It has helped us identify UI misalignment specific to browsers or functionality failure due to incompatibility with a particular browser.

The good part is that you can automate screenshots and get insights into where and which browser your website’s UI is going off. Then, we can use the live feature to identify and debug the compatibility issue.

We strongly believe customer experience is the key and that could impede your product growth. With LambdaTest, we could see improvements in identifying errors before our customer does.

What is most valuable?

You can select browsers, OS, country, and start testing instantly.

Further, it offers integration with CI/CD tools like Jenkins and GitLab, which makes our cycle easier.

What needs improvement?

For us, Cypress! It looks like the support for Cypress is not there. The tech support guys say it would be there in a few months, but let's see.

Mobile application testing would be helpful for us. We have been asking the support team for this feature but it's yet to be implemented.

We would also like to see more devices for screenshot testing.

There is a latency in a single test when compared to a local machine. Maybe because of the cloud? So, you have to run in parallel to cut down on testing times.

We have been using LambdaTest for eight months.

As said, we perform multiple tests for browser coverage, so we have scaled up our testing pipeline and are now running multiple tests in parallel. This scaling up was way too easy. No more adding VMs for testing locally.

The implementation was done by our in-house team. However, the support team from LambdaTest was very helpful to begin the process.

Functional Testing Tools
June 2022
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lewis Coldwell - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Engineer at Vamp
Easy to use with a clean UI, and integrates well with many different browsers
  • "The UI is pretty clean and easy to navigate, and we were able to figure it out very quickly."
  • "If possible to simulate the finger pinch, it would make it more realistic."

What is our primary use case?

Being an e-commerce website, our main concern was to make sure that we don't lose out on customers due to a bad shopping experience. LambdaTest proved to be a savior for us here, as one platform does the job!

My team was able to test our website across varied browsers, based on our target audience, and reflect on any bugs encountered.

We use TeamCity to manage projects and were surprised to see LambdaTest offering integration with the tool. I would say we stumbled across the right tool at a right time.

How has it helped my organization?

Our previous tool was a dent for us in terms of pricing, so while looking out for alternatives, LambdaTest seemed to be the right fit that we could explore.

We had a few doubts about the parallel tests and their pricing, but the support team was efficient and was able to justify and explain the process to set up. Since then, it's been a permanent tool for us!

We needed a robust platform that could help us serve the demand in time. The tool caters to our needs and the one-click bug management is extremely useful for us.

What is most valuable?

The choices of browsers are massive and responsive testing becomes easy.

Integrations and convenience are the win points here.

What needs improvement?

If possible to simulate the finger pinch, it would make it more realistic.

We had some speed issues while taking the screenshots, for which I got in touch with the support team. I think that this will be looked upon now.

We have been using LambdaTest for seven months.

It is free to start, which means you can actually see how it works and then take the decision to buy.

Thelma	 Powell - PeerSpot reviewer
Web Developer at SimbirSoft
Helpful Docker tunnel integration, and it integrates well with collaboration tools like Jira and Slack
  • "The Docker tunnel integration for local testing can be extremely useful to run on multiple instances in parallel."
  • "It would be nice to have an API for visual regression testing."

What is our primary use case?

When the pandemic demanded us to work from home, it was a daunting situation for us. Keeping up with the consistent growth for the past year, we had a few feature-launches ready to be deployed on production environments. However, testing them was a challenge while working remotely and with a large team of testers and developers.

We wanted a tool where the team can work collaboratively at a faster pace and get started with deployments.

How has it helped my organization?

LambdaTest is a saving soldier for our company by offering us thousands of browsers & platforms to test on the cloud. We are able to ensure a sturdy UI without worrying about infrastructure management.

It receives plus points for a Docker extension, where we could locally test on multiple instances through the Lambda Tunnel using Docker. This helped us align better with our DevOps team, it kept our projects on track and allowed us to implement continuous deployment with robust quality checks.

What is most valuable?

The Docker tunnel integration for local testing can be extremely useful to run on multiple instances in parallel.

The fact that it integrates well with tools like Jira and Slack makes team collaboration even easier.

Also, it is worthwhile to mention that the support team is actively listening to your feedback and issues. As we wanted to get our product tested on the latest Safari 14 browser, our request was considered and they updated to the browser within two weeks.

What needs improvement?

Analytics could be better because as of now, it gives basic information on test status and build status. It would be better if I could analyze groups of tests that are taking a long time to complete, to pin-point use cases which could lead to slowness in the user journey.

It would be nice to have an API for visual regression testing.

We have been using LambdaTest for six months.

Technical Architect at WCG
Low-maintenance, on-demand cross-browser testing
  • "The most valuable features are that it's essentially on-demand, and you only focus on getting the code that needs to be executed without having to worry about the OS, hardware, etc."
  • "The scalability is good with Amazon, but IBM had some issues."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It would be useful if LambdaTest had a library of code that first-time developers could copy and paste. In the next release, Lambda should add integration with Cucumber.

I used LambdaTest for three to four months.

If the code is done properly, then LambdaTest rarely requires maintenance.

The scalability is good with Amazon, but IBM had some issues.

LambdaTest's technical support comes in different tiers - most issues get resolved, but there's room for improvement with critical issues.

The initial setup is straightforward.

LambdaTest is paid per execution.

What other advice do I have?

It's useful to learn some best practices for Lambda - if you have thousands of instances in an IoT ecosystem, you need a framework and governance to keep track of where the code is and what's what. I would rate LambdaTest as nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Functional Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about LambdaTest, BrowserStack, Sauce Labs, and more!
Updated: June 2022