IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Infrastrcuture Analyst at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Good admin capabilities, helpful against zero-day attacks, and reliable
  • "The admin capabilities are great."
  • "The solution could use better reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a traditional antivirus for signature-based activities such as malware or infections. It's for employing remediation and prevention detection.

What is most valuable?

The admin capabilities are great. I have found the solution to be stable. The product can scale as needed.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use better reporting. We'd like to have a bit more than just a dashboard and a few pie charts.  We're looking at EDRs, and MDRs, and SLRs and stuff like that. If they had integrations with something like a Dark Trace or more native integrations, either through an open API or something, that would probably be ideal for us in terms of the direction we're taking.

It's an inherited system, so it's been here for more than four years.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is good enough. I haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. I can't recall it crashing or freezing. it's pretty reliable.

The solution has the capability to scale if you need it to.  We have about 550 users on the product currently. It's used across most departments, except for a few.

It was an inherited solution. It was already here when I became employed. Therefore, I can't speak to the implementation process.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. In terms of the versions we are using, on the administration side, it's Admin Security Center 13 and on the endpoint side, for the actual work stations and server, it's 11.6. I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. Like all endpoint antiviruses, it does a fair job on zero-day attacks. Obviously, with the next-day attacks, it's going to do more. That's where its strengths are. I would advise new users to stick with the traditional approach of having a business case and a use case and then doing a proof of concept.

Antonio-Fernandez - PeerSpot reviewer
Support chief at comtec s.r.l
Powerful tool, integrates well, and responsive technical support
  • "Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a very powerful tool for us. We use a lot of third-party software that integrates well with the solution."
  • "The solution could improve by providing a cloud service that synchronizes with the on-premise console which would give better connectivity in remote areas."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business for many purposes. We mainly use it for protection against malware. Additionally, we perform a lot of administration for users using the application, device, and web controls.

What is most valuable?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a very powerful tool for us. We use a lot of third-party software that integrates well with the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing a cloud service that synchronizes with the on-premise console which would give better connectivity in remote areas.

In a future release, there should be DLP features added.

I have used Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business within the last 12 months.

The solution is stable. However, sometimes when we complete a Windows automatic update we receive the Windows blue screen error prompt. The majority of the time it was because the equipment has updated and the update was not the best one.

The solution has been scalable, we have a lot of different servers.

The technical support is good. We had some difficult problems that were new that took the support some additional time to find a solution. For minor problems, they have been very responsive with their support.

We use many network protection solutions, such as McAfee.

The installation is easy, it can be done with a few clicks of the mouse to install the administration, and from the administrator, you can deploy the solution to the users.

The solution requires a license and there are different license packages depending on the number of users you need.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others before implementing this solution to have an organized network. It makes the process a lot easier.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business a nine out of ten.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business
June 2022
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Deputy Manager of Cybersecurity Projects at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides great endpoint protection and granularity around what I want to configure
  • "Ability to specify the level of protection on devices,"
  • "The process for upgrades is very slow."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for my personal machines; my laptop, MacBook, as well as the devices of other family members. I buy about five to seven licenses every couple of years and I mainly use them to protect my end points. In my work, I'm the chief of Information Security and a customer of Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

I like that this solution is pretty easy to use and also that it gives me some kind of granularity about the things I want to configure. I can also specify the level of protection I want for the devices, especially for MacBook and Windows devices.

What needs improvement?

I think improvements could be made around the upgrade. The process for upgrades is very slow. It usually takes about five to 10 minutes to work with the database of the solution.

As a cyber security professional, I would love to see more analytic capability in this solution. The ones I do see in solutions such as CrowdStrike or other commercial products, would also be better in more detail.

I've been using this solution for about six years.

This is now a very stable solution, they have made a lot of improvements in the last years. Prior to that, I installed the solution many years ago and it crashed the computers.

I think the scalability is fine. We have five to seven users at home.

I think I've used technical support two or three times. They've been good.

The initial setup is very straightforward - slow but straightforward. Deployment takes about an hour per device.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Manager Tech. & Support (Information Technology) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A scalable security solution that can be used across platforms, but it could be more secure
  • "I like that we can use it across all the platforms like PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and all systems for protection. I also like that we can use it for different cloud sessions and different unified systems. It's available on all the vulnerability assessments including, web filtering, email filtering, test protection, anomaly control, and management. There are more than enough benefits available on Kaspersky."
  • "It would be better if it were more secure and stable. I would also like to see more powerful features in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for email filtering, web browsing, web filtering, and USB filtering.

What is most valuable?

I like that we can use it across all the platforms like PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and all systems for protection. I also like that we can use it for different cloud sessions and different unified systems.

It's available on all the vulnerability assessments including, web filtering, email filtering, test protection, anomaly control, and management. There are more than enough benefits available on Kaspersky.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this product for the last two years.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a stable solution.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security is a scalable solution. We currently have 35 users using this solution.

Technical support is available, and they support all the options.

We used different solutions like BullGuard Antivirus and Avira Antivirus before using Kaspersky Endpoint Security.

The initial setup and installation is straightforward and didn't take too much time. It's a one-time activity that you can do on all the PCs, all the systems, and the servers. A single technical person can deploy, maintain, and take care of all the other activities.

We pay a yearly annual subscription for this product.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommend this product to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kaspersky Endpoint Security a seven.

Senior Manager, Information Technology at a university with 201-500 employees
Great security and stability
  • "Some of the most valuable features are the security and the stability, which are great. There are some imperfections, but everything is fine. In general, I think it's one of the best solutions."
  • "Maybe the solution's monitoring could be improved with more dashboards, so there's no back and forth, back and forth."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky Endpoint Security for user protection.

This solution is deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features are the security and the stability, which are great. There are some imperfections, but everything is fine. In general, I think it's one of the best solutions.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for more than five years.

This product is stable.

Our team has done some automating and set up auto-maintenance.

This solution is scalable.

There are more than 1,000 users of this Kaspersky solution in our organization. We have plans to increase our usage.

We have never contacted technical support.

I don't remember exactly, but I think the installation probably took a maximum of three hours for my engineers, maybe less. You can do it yourself. We had a team of four engineers to handle the deployment.

We implemented this solution through an in-house team.

The licensing is affordable. We bought a three-year license. There are no additional costs in addition to the standard license fees.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security a ten out of ten. We have been using Kaspersky since the beginning, and I would definitely recommend it to others who are considering implementation. As I mentioned, I think it's one of the best solutions. Everything is there—the database, information, support—and we're happy that we're using this.

Mazen Kassem - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Digital Services Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, user-friendly, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to protect my personal information. I use it for security purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very easy to use. It's a user-friendly solution.

The product is very stable.

The scalability of the product is good.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal with the solution offered more documentation.

I've used the solution for about two or three years at this point. I'm unsure of the exact amount of time.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

That said, I only use it for personal use, and therefore haven't really attempted to scale it.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I haven't had any issues. Therefore, I cannot speak to how helpful or responsive their team is if you do run into problems.

The installation is very straightforward and simple. It's not overly difficult to set up. A user shouldn't have any issues with the process.

While I cannot speak to the exact amount of time it took to set up, I recall it being a rather fast process.

What other advice do I have?

I have the solution deployed to my laptop. I only use it for personal purposes, not for business usage.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been pretty happy with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Director at esupport Solutions Pvt ltd
Provides optimal spyware protection; easy to deploy, easy to use with a good detection rate
  • "Easy to deploy, easy to use, and has a good detection rate."
  • "They're restricted to endpoint protection for now, I'd like to see some additional products."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is protection against spyware. We are partners with Kaspersky.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to deploy, easy to use, and has a good detection rate. For the SMB segment, it's an optimal solution that is pocket-friendly, and easy to manage. They have a new training portal which is good.

What needs improvement?

There were some issues with reporting which seem to have been resolved. I'd like to see them go to the next level by adding more products because they're restricted to endpoint protection for now.

I've been using this solution for one year. I'm a company director.

This solution is stable.

To date, we've deployed to around 2,000 users without any issues - I can't comment on numbers above that.

I haven't needed to contact technical support.

Kaspersky pricing is reasonable. If you compare it to other top brands such as Symantec and McAfee, Kaspersky costs 30-40% less.

I have also worked with Checkpoint Harmony which is good if you're in the enterprise segment. It gives a complete overview of what is happening in your organization, providing detailed information.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and think that Kaspersky Antivirus is the best antivirus for SMBs. No doubt about it. That said, I do think the quality of service and ease of use is relatively comparable with any of the other top brands.

I rate this product 10 out of 10.

BoddyMapanguilua - PeerSpot reviewer
IT manager at BUROTOP IRIS SA
Reseller
Simple to manage, reliable, and priced well
  • "Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business's most valuable feature is the ease of management."
  • "Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business could improve the flexibility of use."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is for security, such as anti-virus and patch deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business has helped my organization by guaranteeing the security of all computers in our environment.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business could improve the flexibility of use.

I have been using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business for approximately one year.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is a stable solution.

We have approximately 25 people using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business in my organization.

I am satisfied with the support for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business.

I was previously using Norton.

The initial setup of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business was complex. The whole process took us two days.

We did the implementation of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business.

We use one person for the implementation and maintenance of this solution.

I have seen a return on investment from using Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business.

The price of this solution is affordable and there is only a standard license required.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business is that it's a good solution.

I rate Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business a ten out of ten.

Download our free Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022