Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Technical Lead at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, secure, good technical support, and straightforward installation
  • "I have found the SD-WAN, flexibility, and security the most valuable features."
  • "Fortinet could improve FortiGate Cloud by providing better integration with third-party applications and features."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution cloud-based platform to manage our networks.

How has it helped my organization?

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud has improved our organization's branches by providing overall better connectivity and security for all our networks.

What is most valuable?

I have found the SD-WAN, flexibility, and security the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Fortinet could improve FortiGate Cloud by providing better integration with third-party applications and features.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.

The stability is good.

We have approximately 10 people using the FortiGate cloud.

The technical support is very good in my experience.

The initial setup was easy.

We have a team of four people that does the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

When comparing this solution to others it is less expensive and there is an annual license required.

What other advice do I have?

There are different options available and it is important to choose a package that fits your use case. Overall this is a great solution.

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Masahiro Nakajima - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Irvine Systems
Offers very good network performance and efficiency

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to protect our office facilities. We have it deployed on a couple of hundred devices and we have about 30 users. We are customers of Fortinet and I'm the CEO.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good network performance and efficiency.

What needs improvement?

We had a problem with external attacks in the previous solution we were using so I'd always like to see additional security around that problem.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is very stable.

Fortinet has very comprehensive documentation, so we haven't communicated with technical support.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward and took us a couple of days. We did it ourselves and once it was up and running, everything went smoothly.

We pay a one-off licensing fee and an installation license. It's all-inclusive.

What other advice do I have?

We introduced FortiGate to our customers because we know it works properly and our customers are satisfied with it. We don't have any concerns about the product.

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud
September 2022
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Vijay Bhaskara Maram - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at Pyramid IT Solutions Pvt Ltd
Reseller
Responsive support, reliable, but security could improve
  • "The most valuable feature of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is the logs are stored longer on this cloud version. If you have the on-premise version you will not be able to store the logs for more than one or two months."
  • "Fortinet FortiGate Cloud could improve security. Some of my customers do not trust on-cloud solutions."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is the logs are stored longer on this cloud version. If you have the on-premise version you will not be able to store the logs for more than one or two months.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Fortinet FortiGate Cloud for a few years.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is stable because it is a cloud solution.

The scalability of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is good.

We have approximately 20 people using Fortinet FortiGate Cloud.

The technical support from Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is good and they are responsive.

We have a coordinator who looks after the maintenance and support of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud.

If you purchase any Fortinet firewall, they will give you FortiCloud for 100 GB for free. You can access Fortinet FortiGate Cloud freely up to certain limits.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a seven out of ten.

Matt Watt - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at Quantum Logic Inc.
Very good for remote users
  • "The solution works well for remote or branch offices."
  • "Some configuration changes would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We've implemented this solution for our clients.

We are customers of Fortinet and I'm the company owner.

What is most valuable?

The solution works well for remote or branch offices with unlimited links. That's where we've found the most benefit.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some configuration changes. The speed seems to be a little better than it was previously but it could still be improved. I'd also like to see a little more provisioning or training on the different scenarios and functions and features. And obviously the price point; it's a tough market out there these days, so for some of our smaller customers the price is quite steep.

We have contacted support a couple of times and they're pretty good. It takes a little while to get hold of them but once you do, they're very knowledgeable and they're helpful. We got bounced around for a while so it took time to get to somebody that could actually answer our question as opposed to continually being redirected. We were on site with our clients and it took us a couple of hours to make contact. It wasn't critical.

SandroQuinto - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Coordinator at Plasser do Brasil
Helpful support with a great Fortianalyzer feature and has worked perfectly so far
  • "The Fortianalyzer is the most valuable aspect of this solution"
  • "We do find we get a bit of a lag."

What is most valuable?

The Fortianalyzer is the most valuable aspect of this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward as we used a third-party implementor.

Support has been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The analysis could be better.

We do find we get a bit of a lag.

The integration could be better.

Beyond that, it is meeting our needs.

I've used the solution for around eight months.

We have around 100 people using the solution.

Technical support has been great. We are satisfied with their capabilities.

It was a straightforward setup as we had a third party manage the process.

We using a company here in Brazil to deliver the solution for us. It's a third-party company.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are working on. We likely updated it in the last two months.

We're a reseller and Fortigate partner.

It's worked perfectly for us, and we are happy with the product.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Saurabh-Srivastava - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager at Metro Infrasys Private Limited
The solution's key features are the user interface and ease of access

What is most valuable?

FortiGate Cloud's key features are the user interface and ease of access.

What needs improvement?

It would be better for us if Fortinet provided a private cloud, and they should provide more security on the public cloud. There are some minor issues with security with the public cloud. For example, anyone with a link can access the public cloud.

I've worked with FortiGate Cloud for approximately seven months.

FortiGate Cloud is stable.

FortiGate Cloud is scalable.

Fortinet support is awesome.

Setting up FortiGate Cloud is complex, but the Fortinet team completely set the solution up, so we didn't need to do anything on our end. They only gave us the username and password.

We used the Fortinet team.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiGate eight out of 10.

Jesus Izaguirre - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Integrator at ASC
High protection levels, stable, and excellent support

What is our primary use case?

My clients are using Fortinet FortiGate Cloud for network protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud are the protection of internal and remote systems.

What needs improvement?

The interface and dashboards should improve in Fortinet FortiGate Cloud. Other solutions have better graphical interfaces.

We have been using Fortinet FortiGate Cloud within the past 12 months.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is stable.

The scalability of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is good.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is simple.

We have a team that does the implementation of Fortinet FortiGate Cloud.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to review all the solutions in the market but I think Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is a very good solution for many use cases.

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a nine out of ten.

Chief Operating Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Ability to manage everything from cloud but usability and setup improvement needed
  • "The ability to manage everything from the cloud is going to be the most valuable by far with this solution."
  • "Currently with the solution, if you want to manage more than one FortiGate you have to use a VM, and a VM can control up to 10."

How has it helped my organization?

We are using the solution to be able to manage everything from the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The ability to manage everything from the cloud is going to be the most valuable by far with this solution.

What needs improvement?

Currently with the solution, if you want to manage more than one FortiGate you have to use a VM, and a VM can control up to 10. You need to have a license for each one and it is confusing. Other solutions like Meraki is much more seamless. Easier usability and improving their WebDewey would benefit also.

I have been using the solution for a couple of months.

The overall setup was complex.

It will take us six weeks to implement 20 sites.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Fortinet FortiGate Cloud a six out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022