Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Amandeep Singh - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Manager at Wipro
Good support, stable, and helpful in securing access to our lab
  • "It is one of the best solutions in the market. Ever since I started using this solution, there has not been any compromise when it comes to our lab."
  • "There is a lot of room for improvement in the report section. I also work on other tools, such as Thycotic, which allows you to create customized reports for your organization's needs. In CyberArk, there are limited reports, whereas in Thycotic or some of the other PAM tools, because the database is different, you can customize the report based on your needs through SQL queries."

What is our primary use case?

It is for the lab. We just onboard all the privileged accounts and then try to make them compliant and provide access to end-users. We are CyberArk administrators, and our responsibility is to onboard the accounts and provide access to end-users so that there is no business impact and the users are able to connect to their target services.

I started with version 10.6, and now, the current version of CyberArk is 12.1. It is deployed on-prem, but in my lab, it is my virtual setup.

What is most valuable?

It is one of the best solutions in the market. Ever since I started using this solution, there has not been any compromise when it comes to our lab.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of room for improvement in the report section. I also work on other tools, such as Thycotic, which allows you to create customized reports for your organization's needs. In CyberArk, there are limited reports, whereas in Thycotic or some of the other PAM tools, because the database is different, you can customize the report based on your needs through SQL queries.

The GUI part can be better. Previously, they had a classic one, and then they upgraded to the new one, but it is less user-friendly than other PAM solutions. Its GUI is a little bit complex.

I have been using this solution for almost five years.

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager
October 2022
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a stable solution. It is a top PAM solution as per Gartner.

Its scalability is good.

I have contacted them multiple times. They helped me in a good way. Whenever I raised a ticket, depending on the ticket priority, they provided good support. Sometimes, I got a response within two hours.

CyberArk has a distributed architecture. Therefore, as compared to other PAM solutions, it is a little bit complex. You first need to understand the environment and then install the individual components, whereas, in other PAM solutions, you have to build the database and then simply run the application and directly connect to the application. You can then start using the application.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using this solution for the first time, you need to be a little bit aware of Windows, Linux, and AD. Otherwise, it might be complex for you.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

ChaminiEllawala - PeerSpot reviewer
Identity and Access Management Engineer at Wiley Global Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Is user-friendly and easy to deploy, and integrates well with other products
  • "Creating policies and the password rotation feature have been valuable. We don't have to memorize our password for the ADM account."
  • "Report creation could be improved. The policies could be more customized."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the user ADM account onboarding process within our company. If they need server access, we create ADM accounts, and we onboard to CyberArk.

We use it also for the password protection process with other products. We can use this as a password wallet, and we create the password rotation in CyberArk.

We can grant access, check the system's health, and create policies for users.

What is most valuable?

Creating policies and the password rotation feature have been valuable. We don't have to memorize our password for the ADM account.

Security wise, it's really safe. The password expires within six to eight hours, so no one can get that password from us. Other users can't log in without our credentials, and also, the ADM account password will automatically rotate.

It's really user-friendly as well.

What needs improvement?

Report creation could be improved.

The policies could be more customized.

I've been working with this solution for almost nine months. It's deployed on the cloud.

The stability is really good.

We have more than 2000 users, and it's really easy to scale.

I have worked with Thycotic before. It is not user-friendly, although it has changed a lot.

Implementation was really hard, and the reporting was not as good as the users expected. In comparison to CyberArk, Thycotic was not better.

The deployment process is really easy, and I would give it a four out of five.

We got support from the CyberArk team but deployed it ourselves. It was easy to follow the documentation and user guide.

CyberArk is an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

If you can afford CyberArk Privileged Access Manager or you are looking 5 to 10 years in the future, it's a good investment. You will gain experience handling all these pieces using the one product. You can easily integrate with other products also.

You would have maintenance with other PAM products, and you won't with CyberArk. You can save that money by investing in a high quality product from the beginning itself.

Overall, I would rate CyberArk Privileged Access Manager at eight on a scale from one to ten.

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager
October 2022
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Junior Product Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Good technical support with helpful third party vendors and good at recording actions
  • "The technical support is good."
  • "We found a lot of errors during the initial setup. They should work to improve the implementation experience and to remove errors from the process."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution to record any actions taken on specific important targets. It allows management to look at actions and play them back to see what was done within the environment.

What is most valuable?

The technical support is good.

It's pretty good at recording actions taken within an environment.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be more stable.

It should have more specific configurations. There are lots of types of servers and devices. The product should have a more detailed, specific configuration and integration with other products.

I've been using the solution for about three months at this point.

This was my first experience in the solution's UI and UX user experience and user interface. I didn't find the solution to be very stable at all.

We do plan to continue to use the solution, however, it's unclear as to if we will scale it further.

We're pretty satisfied with technical support. They are helpful. I find them knowledgable and responsive and I've been happy with the level of service we've been given thus far.

We found the initial setup quite difficult. There were a lot of errors and we found the process to be a bit complex. I wouldn't describe the implementation as straightforward.

In total, the deployment took about one week from beginning to end.

We did not handle the entire implementation ourselves. We had assistance from an outside firm. They were helpful.

What other advice do I have?

We're just users of the solution. We're customers. We aren't resellers or consultants. We don't have a business relationship with the solution.

I'm using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the product to others.

Overall, we've been mostly happy with the solution. I'd rate it at an eight out of ten so far.

Meo Ist - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Product Manager and Technology Consultant at Barikat
A robust, stable, and scalable solution for protecting passwords
  • "It is useful for protecting passwords. If you need to do access security management, you can first use the CyberArk console, and after that, you can connect the firewall interface or firewall command line. Similarly, if you need to do an RDP session, you need to first log in to CyberArk before connecting to the Windows RDP session. This way, the admin doesn't know the password, and that password is changed immediately. To change the password, you first discover the old password in the network, and after that, you can change the password."
  • "It can be integrated with other systems, but it is not easy to integrate. It takes too long to integrate it. Its integration should be easier and simpler."

What is most valuable?

It is useful for protecting passwords. If you need to do access security management, you can first use the CyberArk console, and after that, you can connect the firewall interface or firewall command line. Similarly, if you need to do an RDP session, you need to first log in to CyberArk before connecting to the Windows RDP session. This way, the admin doesn't know the password, and that password is changed immediately. To change the password, you first discover the old password in the network, and after that, you can change the password.

What needs improvement?

It can be integrated with other systems, but it is not easy to integrate. It takes too long to integrate it. Its integration should be easier and simpler.

Its stability is very good. It is a very robust and stable product if you have the correct installation and configuration. Otherwise, you would have problems.

It is scalable. Our customers are enterprises with a minimum of 2,000 users and maybe 100 admin users.

We are satisfied with their support. Our customers need local support, and CyberArk provides that. Their documentation is also good.

It is a little complex as compared to its competitors. Its deployment took a long time.

We had a consultant, and we were satisfied with the service. You need someone with one or two years of experience.

They have two types of licensing: purchase and subscription. You have to pay for each admin user, such as Microsoft admin, mail admin, database admin, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CyberArk Privileged Access Security an eight out of ten. It is a good product.

Richard Nagygyörgy - PeerSpot reviewer
Product Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Priced well with good support, stable, and scalable
  • "The most valuable feature is Special Monitoring."
  • "The authentication port is available in CyberArk Alero but not Fortinet products."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant. We are in the process of using this in our clients' companies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Special Monitoring.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with CyberArk PAS for one year.

CyberArk is stable.

It's a scalable solution.

I have limited experience with technical support, but our customers like the support.

In general, it appears to be fine.

I have also worked with Thycotic, until the completion of the project.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It is best suited for mid to large-size enterprises. It is not the best for smaller companies, largely because of the price.

I believe that this solution is priced well. It's the market leader and I think that it's the best solution.

The price is quite good for us.

What other advice do I have?

For those who are interested in using this product, you have to know your requirements and compare them with CyberArk to see if it is suitable for them and fits their budget.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Anthony Mook - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Security Manager at SMU
Reliable, scalable, and easy to install but the pricing could be better as it's expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for ID purposes. When we remove a user from the server, we need a privileged ID password.

We are a University. It's a large organization.

What is most valuable?

It's not very different when compared with other products.

What needs improvement?

From what I can see, the Systems Integrator is useless. When I ask for the information, nothing is given to me. They need to provide better training for the System Integrator.

I have been working with this solution for two years.

Its' quite stable.

It's a scalable solution but could be improved. On a scale of one to five, I would rate it a four.

I have not used technical support.

The initial setup is pretty easy. It is not complex.

We used a reseller, integrators, but they were useless to me.

Pricing is quite high and it could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CyberArk Privileged Access Security a six out of ten.

Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Local tech support is very helpful
  • "The technical support for this solution is very good. If I was to rate it on a scale of one to five, I would give it a five."
  • "The product could be easier to use. More work needs to be done on this aspect; it is not good enough yet. It also takes up a lot of server space. Sometimes we need to use up to seven servers."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is business and client management. Our clients are mostly from the banking sector.

What is most valuable?

The CyberArk solutions that have been the most valuable for my solution are the Discovery & Audit (DNA) and Privileged Threat Analytics (PTA) tools. CyberArk is a very important tool for my organization.

The setup was very easy for me.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for about a year. My company resells and implements this solution.

I think this solution has a lot of stability.

The technical support for this solution is very good. If I was to rate it on a scale of one to five, I would give it a five.

The initial setup was straightforward. It can be carried out by a single person.

The great thing about this solution is that they offer tech support in my language.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product.

Team Lead Information Security Control at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good support, reliable, and straightforward implementation

What is our primary use case?

We are using CyberArk Privileged Access Manager because we have too many accounts and we need to manage them.

How has it helped my organization?

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager has helped our organization by controlling users' access.

What needs improvement?

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager could improve the integration docking, it should have more layers. For example, integration with OpenShift.

I have been using CyberArk Privileged Access Manager for approximately two years.

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager is stable.

We have thousands of users using CyberArk Privileged Access Manager in my organization.

The support from CyberArk Privileged Access Manager is good.

The initial setup of CyberArk Privileged Access Manager was straightforward.

We had a local third-party company help us with the implementation of CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. The maintenance is sometimes a challenge for our consulting team that does it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CyberArk Privileged Access Manager a nine out of ten.

Download our free CyberArk Privileged Access Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: October 2022