We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Technical Architect at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
An easy to navigate interface and it maintains itself, but the detection capability needs improvement
  • "At this point what is most valuable is the interface, which is easy to navigate."
  • "In the six months that I have been using CrowdStrike, it has not been able to detect anything."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as endpoint detection and response.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In the six months that I have been using CrowdStrike, it has not been able to detect anything. We have been using Trend Micro and it has detected some malicious activities.

We have CrowdStrike conduct some inner forensic investigations in hopes that it will be more advanced and detect things that may have been missed by Trend Micro.

It would be helpful to have some prebuilt search queries based on the top ten queries in the industry for detection.

I have been using CrowdStrike for six months.

It's a SaaS-based solution that maintains itself. It updates automatically so that we are always using the latest version.

It is not like an on-premises solution where you maintain and upgrade the version to get the newest release. It's a cloud service that is maintained by the vendor.

From my understanding, CrowdStrike is scalable as it's a cloud solution.

This is not an area that we have fully explored as we have less than 20 end-points.

There has not been any contact with technical support or community support. I have been able to do what I needed through the documentation provided.

We are currently using CrowdStrike, and also running another AV because CrowdStike is not detecting any malicious activities and the other AV is. We are giving it some more time to see if anything happens.

We decided to start using CrowdStrike for our external facing servers because it is the market leader in EDRs. While Trend Micro has an EDR, they call it XPR it is still new to the market.

The initial setup is straightforward, it is easy to install and only took a few minutes.

We have deployed it on our external facing servers.

The pricing could be reduced. If it was more reasonable that would be great.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Other
Head Of Infrastructure at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Provides reliable detection that protects our endpoints and servers
  • "The detection is very reliable. Also, OverWatch is a great feature."
  • "The Integration with tools, SOC tools, could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike Falcon to secure the endpoints and servers that we have on-premise.

What is most valuable?

The detection is very reliable. Also, OverWatch is a great feature.

What needs improvement?

The reporting part is basic. It's not that intuitive and you cannot go further backward in terms of historical information.

The Integration with tools, SOC tools, could be better.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for two years, more or less.

The stability is good, it's compatible with most of our platform. The agent upgrade could be better, but it's more or less aligned with the platforms. We also use Mac OS on some endpoints. Mac is not always the reflection of the agent that is the latest.

We haven't experienced any issues relating to scalability.

Their customer support is good. I've always gotten the answers that I needed timely and with the content I needed.

The initial setup was a bit complex, but that was due to our environment. In the beginning, we used the outdated VDI infrastructure of Citrix, but we have since evolved along the way and now it's straightforward; however, in the beginning, it was a bit difficult to get the CDI working properly, deploying the agents.

Deployment time varies, but for most endpoints, it only takes a few minutes.

The price is too high. When we are reaching a new renewal, management always asks what's going on in the market.

What other advice do I have?

For the purpose of starting, yes, it's a very good solution, but you need to take two things into consideration: proper alignment with the infrastructure and the price. The price negatively affects the adoption of this solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight — because of the price and reporting.

Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Thomas Zeulner
Chief Information Security Officer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good detection rates, nice dashboards, easy to manage, and the technical support is responsive
  • "I like the detection rates of mobile threats."
  • "The management reporting functionality needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for CrowdStrike is as an EDR system. We are protecting more then 9.000 devices.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

I like the detection rates of mobile threats.

The policies allow us to define the level of protection.

The dashboards are good, as well as user management.

What needs improvement?

The management reporting functionality needs to be improved.

We would like to see more features for vulnerability management included.

We have been using CrowdStrike Falcon since one year.

This is a stable product.

We haven't had any problems with scalability and it expands with the company's needs.

We have 20,000 users and about 20 of them are administrators.

We have been in touch with technical support for a few issues. They are quite good and the response is fast.

We were using Cylance prior to CrowdStrike, and these two products overlapped for a time. We also use an on-premises solution called F-Secure.

CrowdStrike has a much lower rate of false positives than Cylance and the dashboard makes it easier to use.

The initial setup is very simple. It took two months to deploy for 20,000 clients.

Our in-house team handled the implementation and deployment. No maintenance is required.

The pricing is good and there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees. It is similar to that of Cylance and our on-premises solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I absolutely recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Brilliant performance, useful for stopping data breaches, and scalable as per your needs
  • "I like the Overwatch feature the most."
  • "On the firewall management side, there should be more granularity. There should also be more granularity for device control. Everything else is brilliant."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for stopping data breaches.

It is totally on the cloud. It cannot be deployed on-prem. They don't have any on-prem options.

How has it helped my organization?

It is very useful for endpoint protection and stopping data breaches. That's its real strength.

What is most valuable?

I like the Overwatch feature the most.

Its performance is brilliant. It is a good, lightweight agent. I've seen it do really good things on the endpoints, and there is no problem with its performance.

What needs improvement?

On the firewall management side, there should be more granularity. There should also be more granularity for device control. Everything else is brilliant.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is stable.

It is the most scalable solution among all solutions that I've seen so far. Because it's cloud-based, it's really quick to roll out to 1,000, 10,000, or 100,000 endpoints. You can scale it depending on how many endpoints you've got. It is a good solution.

We have about 10 customers who use this solution.

My experience has been good so far.

Its installation is quick and easy. I wouldn't change anything there. The duration depends on the number of endpoints to which you want to push it, but it is fast. I've seen them roll thousands in a matter of hours.

The number of people required for its deployment and maintenance depends on the package you take, but generally, it has a much lower requirement than any other endpoint protection solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to go with a partner that has got experience. I would also advise seriously considering the Overwatch feature.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Other
Head of IT Department at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
Effective cyber attack prevention, light on resource, and great user expereince
  • "The most valuable feature is the machine learning that they use to check certain patterns in the endpoint devices. It checks the whole ecosystem or entire environment."

What is our primary use case?

CrowdStrike Falcon is leading the market in EDR. They are the first that to have this kind of solution against malware. They have an advantage in respect to the rest of the competitors. They offer a certain amount to protect in case of malware or cyber-attacks. They have a policy or insurance connected to the service. That's the reason why we choose CrowdStrike over other solutions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the machine learning that they use to check certain patterns in the endpoint devices. It checks the whole ecosystem or entire environment.

I am very happy with CrowdStrike Falcon because it does not use a lot of resources in the endpoint, it's a lightweight solution. It provides good protection and it is very effective. Additionally, it is easy to integrate, has great features, good capabilities, and the users have a positive experience.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for approximately one year.

CrowdStrike Falcon is stable.

I have found CrowdStrike Falcon to be scalable.

I have not needed to use technical support.

The cost of CrowdStrike Falcon could be reduced. It is quite expensive if you compare it to other solutions, such as Blue Coat, Symantec, McAfee, or Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to use CrowdStrike Falcon is to try it out to see if it works well in their environment. I consider CrowdStrike Falcon is a very accurate solution. They are confident about the capabilities of their solutions because they offer money or payback if there is a high-impact cyber incident or cyberattack while using the solution.

They need to have special consideration about the different plans and budgets that they need to get the solution that they want.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon a ten out of ten.

Especialista em Segurança da Informação - DFIR at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
    Accurate threat scanning, highly scalable, and integrates well
    • "The most valuable feature of CrowdStrike Falcon is its accuracy. That's very important for me. False-positive are very bad for everyone. As we are a financial institution, it's even worse. I like Falcon because it's very accurate."
    • "CrowdStrike Falcon could improve if it became an XDR. When we look only to an end-point, we lost the context of the environment. I know it's another line of design of the product. However, if CrowdStrike becomes an XDR, it could be very good."

What is our primary use case?

I am using CrowdStrike Falcon for system security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of CrowdStrike Falcon is its accuracy. That's very important for me. False-positive are very bad for everyone. As we are a financial institution, it's even worse. I like Falcon because it's very accurate.

The integration is very good. We have had no problem integrating the on-premise version with the cloud. We have an environment on-premise and an environment in the cloud. The integration with CrowdStrike is really very easy.

What needs improvement?

I have used CrowdStrike Falcon within the last 12 months.

CrowdStrike Falcon is very stable.

The scalability of CrowdStrike Falcon is very good.

We have approximately 700 users are using this solution in my organization. We plan to increase the usage of this solution. We are evaluating various aspects of the environment to see how it can extend our protection.

I have not contacted support. However, I do not have any bad reports about their performance.

I have not done the implementation myself. However, our technicians that did it had no problem, the process is straightforward.

My technicians did the implementation of CrowdStrike Falcon.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike Falcon is a very sophisticated solution. We are evaluating it further and more favorable results will come only with deeper study and evaluation.

I have never had any kind of problem with the solution.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon a nine out of ten.

Information Security Officer at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Light on resources, helpful support, and reliable
    • "CrowdStrike Falcon is a very light solution. It does not use too much processor or RAM."
    • "In the future release of CrowdStrike Falcon, they should add a sandbox feature."

What is our primary use case?

CrowdStrike Falcon is working on our production servers.

What is most valuable?

CrowdStrike Falcon is a very light solution. It does not use too much processor or RAM.

What needs improvement?

In the future release of CrowdStrike Falcon, they should add a sandbox feature.

I have used CrowdStrike Falcon within the past 12 months.

The solution is stable.

CrowdStrike Falcon is scalable. We have approximately 400 servers using this solution.

We have plans to increase the usage of this solution in one or two years.

We used technical support for the implementation of the solution and it was a good experience. They know the products well and they were able to give us all the answers to the questions that we had.

The setup is really easy. The full deployment took two months.

For the deployment of the solution, we used a three-person team and for the maintenance, we use the whole infrastructure team of four people.

The price of CrowdStrike Falcon could be better. It is very expensive, we pay approximately $900 per month for the licenses. There are not any additional fees.

Before choosing CrowdStrike Falcon we evaluated Sophos and Microsoft solutions.

What other advice do I have?

The product is really good, but there is a lot of additional features that you need to have for it to be a complete solution. Be sure that your budget is enough to acquire the complete solution that you need.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Analista de segurança de TI at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Useful search host detection, simple to scale, and great support
    • "I have found the connection to search the hosts for detections very useful in CrowdStrike Falcon."
    • "The solution could improve by providing more types of reports because it's in the detection span you cannot re-export anything. If it could be exported to a CSV file directly there it would help a lot. I currently need to do this by API to get what I need."

What is our primary use case?

I am using CrowdStrike Falcon for network protection. We have government customers.

What is most valuable?

I have found the connection to search the hosts for detections very useful in CrowdStrike Falcon.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing more types of reports because it's in the detection span you cannot re-export anything. If it could be exported to a CSV file directly there it would help a lot. I currently need to do this by API to get what I need.

In the next release, it would be beneficial to have a DLP or CASB solution.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for approximately one year.

The stability of CrowdStrike Falcon is very good. We have never had an issue.

CrowdStrike Falcon is scalable. We were able to deploy it in a 5,000 hosts environment it is easy to scale.

We plan to increase usage in the future. We are always looking for new clients.

The technical support is very good, it is perfect.

The setup is simple, it took approximately one week.

We deploy the solution with two people.

We are on an annual subscription for the solution. There are not any additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for others is to purchase the solution it is simple to use and effective.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon a ten out of ten.

Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.