We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
VinothNanjappan
Senior Systems Administrator at Herbalife
Monitors the server and all of the CPUs so we can audit the bandwidth that has been consumed
  • "The most valuable feature is that it's stable. It hasn't crossed any thresholds."
  • "The troubleshooting logs need improvement. There should be some improvement there. I have a hard time finding the right logs at the right times whenever there is an issue occurring."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor all the services and applications, whether it is running or whether it is standing still. We use it to monitor the server and all of the CPUs so you can audit the bandwidth that has been consumed - all the day to day administrative stuff.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's stable. It hasn't crossed any thresholds.

What needs improvement?

The troubleshooting logs need improvement. There should be some improvement there. I have a hard time finding the right logs at the right times whenever there is an issue occurring. They should simplify the logs.

I have been using it for around two years.

We definitely do have plans to increase the usage but it depends on what the management calls. I'm not the authorized person to make calls here but we do have plans to increase the current infrastructure.

We have a separate team that handles creating incidents with Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Azure Monitor an eight out of ten. In order to make it a perfect ten, the solution should be simplified. For a beginner, it's kind of complex. It should be made easier for beginners or newcomers.

I would recommend this product. We get good results from Microsoft Azure, so that's why we stick with Microsoft Azure

I definitely recommend this product to all my colleagues or my friends or my friend's companies.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Azure Monitor Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.