IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Alejandro Moscoso - PeerSpot reviewer
General Surgeon at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Multiple database merging, easy install, and stable
  • "I think the most valuable feature for Alteryx in a health facility is that it permits cleaning, organizing, and merging of databases such as Excel and Access."
  • "The interface could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I am the head of investigation on-site, I use the solution every day for merging and other management of records. I also export data to individuals that need the information we store, such as facilitators.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows us to manage our databases data.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable feature for Alteryx in a health facility is that it permits cleaning, organizing, and merging of databases such as Excel and Access. This is very valuable for us since we have many databases.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be improved. Currently, when you are looking at the information on the screen it is broken down into three parts of the screen. For example, when doing algorithms and you want to see the results on the screen this is when it gets really difficult to view. However, this is fine visually to work with on a big screen but when you are working with a laptop screen it is not very comfortable. Everything is very small.

You have to know to use it. You have to have some training and it's hard. This could improve.

I have been using the solution for approximately 10 months.

I have not had any issue with the stability of the solution.

Since I only have one license to use the solution it is difficult to know about the potential scalability.

The setup is really easy.

The install took approximately 35 minutes.

The license is really expensive, we cannot afford to have two or three. It takes away all the budget of my area.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution 100%. I really think it is a better platform than competitors.

I rate Alteryx a nine out of ten.

Director, Innovation & Analytics at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Advance analytics with code-free usage, and a user-friendly interface for non-users
  • "The design portion of this tool is easy to use without code, which his something that something we can appreciate."
  • "There are no ready models to use in analytics."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution mostly for ETL purposes, and we have just started using advanced analytics, demand forecasting, and some supply chain optimization tasks.

What is most valuable?

The design portion of this tool is easy to use without code, which his something that something we can appreciate. We can say it's code-free usage.

What needs improvement?

There are no ready models to use in analytics. There is no content. You have the tools but you don't have the content.

In the next release, I would like to see Auto Machine Learning.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We have just upgraded to the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

This solution is scalable.

We have ten users in our company, who are engineers and business analysts.

Team members have contacted technical support for troubleshooting purposes. The technical support is sufficient.

Previously, we were using Microsoft System Servers. Alteryx has a more user-friendly interface allowing more non-users to use it.

The initial setup was simple. Just connect to a couple of data sources and transform the data. It took about three months to deploy.

We do the maintenance of what has already been developed.

We did not use a vendor, we did the implementation on our own.

There are some implementation services and internal effort costs at the beginning but there is nothing else.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend.

Alteryx
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
597,415 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Great performance and modelling features; very user friendly
  • "The modeling features are very good."
  • "There are a few imputation techniques which they really need to include."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for ML related and deep learning related things like data cleaning and and then later we work on machine learning. I'm a business analyst and we are customers of Alteryx.

What is most valuable?

The modelling features are very good in Alteryx and better than what you'd find in open-source software. Python and R rule the market. Although Alteryx is a paid software, it is equally able to provide better performance without writing a single line of code. That's the USP of the software as such. It's very user friendly.

What needs improvement?

There are a few imputation techniques which they really need to include. Things you'd find in Python. And there are advanced techniques coming in every day there. Alteryx needs to update more quickly. There are also a few things from geospatial or updating perspectives that are still better in open-source software than what you find in Alteryx.

I've been using this solution for three years.

In terms of stability, we haven't had glitches or issues with the software.

I have had contact with technical support in license related things, but it's more community based where you can learn and resolve things if you have hiccups. If there are any issues, the technical support will resolve it for us. We have seven people in the company using this solution.

The initial setup is not complex.

What other advice do I have?

I think Alteryx is a good software to work with. It's user-friendly and more accurate than other products in terms of the predictions and modelling.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Vivek Vaibhav - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Leader at Bain & Company
Fast data processing, highly scalable, and good community support
  • "Data processing is most valuable. It is one of the fastest data blockers out there in the market, which is a fascinating thing about Alteryx."
  • "They can provide some pre-built tools for predictive analytics instead of us having to build all the tools. It should also be improved from the visualization aspect. It should have better visualization capabilities. There are tools out there that have better visualization capabilities, which Alteryx is lacking currently."

What is most valuable?

Data processing is most valuable. It is one of the fastest data blockers out there in the market, which is a fascinating thing about Alteryx.

What needs improvement?

They can provide some pre-built tools for predictive analytics instead of us having to build all the tools.

It should also be improved from the visualization aspect. It should have better visualization capabilities. There are tools out there that have better visualization capabilities, which Alteryx is lacking currently.

I have been using this solution for more than six years.

I have done a lot of work on Alteryx and deployed it on client servers, and Alteryx is a highly scalable solution in my opinion.

It is mostly used by the analytics team, which includes analyst associates and project leaders. The consulting team also uses it pretty often. We would like to increase its usage because it is a pretty good software to work with.

I believe their technical support is pretty great. I mostly use the Alteryx community, which is really helpful. It is maintained by Alteryx people.

I used SQL previously, but it was not very good for quick and dirty analysis. So, I switched to Alteryx.

It is straightforward. It is on the cloud, but the major functions that we have are on the desktop itself. The cloud solution is good for client deployments.

My organization pays for it, and I do not look into the financial aspect of the licensing, but I know it is pretty expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Alteryx a nine out of ten.

Technical Design Expert at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good at data transformation; lacks an open source edition, particularly the training aspect
  • "Good data transformation."
  • "Lacks an open source edition which would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

This is a data science solution, more like an ETL tool where you have data that you want to convert or transform. I'm a solutions architect and support the platform. The application is being maintained by a different team. We are customers of Alteryx.

What is most valuable?

The solution does a good job with data transformation. We're using it for our business modeling.

What needs improvement?

This is a proprietary tool and maybe the open source part of it could be improved. If there was an open source edition it would be an advantage; at least the training part of it could be freely available and then people would be more likely to adopt it.

We've been using this solution for a couple of months.

We haven't had any problems with stability.

I haven't found any scalability limitations.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

The choice of product really depends on your needs. I would prefer to use NinePlatform for open sources certainly, but if you're after a proprietary solution because you have different needs, then I think Alteryx is a really good solution if you are looking for a scale. It all differs from case to case depending on requirements.

It's about the feasibility of the product for your specific use case, so I rate this solution a six out of ten.

Business intelligence specialist at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User-friendly, reliable, good documentation, and has good support
  • "The most valuable feature for me is integration."
  • "The workflow and pipeline need to improve."

What is our primary use case?

I use Alteryx for integration, data integration, and advanced analytics with several companies.

What is most valuable?

Alteryx integrates well. The most valuable feature for me is integration.

I can read data from a database on the web and import it into my Alteryx database.

It is very easy to use.

It's quite user-friendly, which I enjoy.

What needs improvement?

The workflow and pipeline need to improve. For example, if you have a job running, and you need to run another, the scheduling could be easier in Alteryx.

In the next release, I would like to see the completed pipeline, improved workflow with data, easier, and better scheduling to allow tasks to run one after the other.

I have been using Alteryx for one year.

We are using the latest version.

The Alteryx server is running on an EC2 AWS computer, and we have the desktop version installed on our notebooks.

Alteryx is a stable solution. We had no issues with bugs or glitches.

It is easy to scale.

Technical support is very good.

It took us two years to implement Alteryx in our organization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I like it.

I would rate Alteryx a nine out of ten.

Co-Founder at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
An easy-to-use, end-to-end data analytics platform

What is our primary use case?

We use Alteryx for aggregating different Excel data and doing general analytics.

Within our company, there are five employees using Alteryx.

What is most valuable?

It's super easy to learn how to use it — the learning curve is very small.

What needs improvement?

I honestly can't think of anything that needs to be improved.

I have been using Alteryx for five years.

Alteryx is both scalable and stable.

The technical support is very supportive.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

Our in-house team deployed this solution; it was a quick process.

I don't know much about the licensing, but there are some additional costs for certain features.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to other interested companies. The real question is: do you really want people doing self-service analytics?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Alteryx a rating of eight.