We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
IT Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use for making diagrams and metrics
  • "A feature I like most about Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect is its ease of use."
  • "What should be improved are the integration capabilities of the solution with Bizagi."

What is our primary use case?

I want a solution that can interface with Jira and Confluence, both of which my customers have, as well as with that of Bizagi.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

My customers use Bizagi, although I do not. I don't want to change this. What should be improved, however, are the integration capabilities of the solution with Bizagi.

I work with IBM in enterprise architecture as the project manager. I used to use IBM Rational System Architect. I can now see as a consultant what I am able to offer the customer, not only that of IBM, of course. I am currently seeking solutions other than IBM.

I previously used other tools, such as IBM's enterprise architect, although the tool has since been sold and the company changed. The IBM tool offers certain customization features which are not found in Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, although I can live with what it has at the moment.

Since all the staff is already trained in Bizagi and find it easy to use, I do not wish to change this, but only to load all the processes from it to Sparx. This is my approach.

The Bizagi model is only for process. It is not an enterprise architect tool. Only Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, but not Bizagi, allows one to make diagrams and metrics, to examine the relationship between all the elements.

System Engineer at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Supports SysML and UML, METLAB compatible, but more toolboxes needed
  • "The solution is easy to use, supports SysML and UML, and is able to connect to MATLAB. This is very important for us."
  • "There should be a MATLAB-specific toolbox added to the solution with better compatibility. The connections currently are good but in the future, it needs a huge improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We are developing EC software and I am in charge of that software system architecture for which I am using this solution.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately four months.

We have not tried to scale the solution yet but there are add-ons and extensions that are available.

The initial installation is complex. However, there are some very good tutorials online that we have been using.

We are doing the implementation ourselves.

There is a license for this solution. When comparing this solution to others it is priced well.

I have evaluated IBM doors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,643 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Architect, SCRUM Product Owner at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Usability could improve, more options needed, but simple installation

What is our primary use case?

We are using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect for model-based system engineering.

What needs improvement?

I have found the solution is lacking options. The general usability needs improvement and more compliance to CML definitions.

I have been using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect for approximately two years.

The stability could improve.

The scalability could improve in my experience. We have hundreds of employees in my company that are using this solution.

What needs improvement?

The stability could improve.

The scalability could improve in my experience.

We have hundreds of employees in my company that are using this solution.

The company does not put a lot of focus on technical support. I am not sure if they are overloaded but there is improvement needed.

I was previously using PTC Windchill and we switched to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect because it was too expensive.

The installation was very easy.

Our IT department did the implementation of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to others.

I rate Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect a five out of ten.

Download our free Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.