IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
senior system integrator at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
It's a reliable product for analyzing sales data, but disaster recovery and support need improvement
  • "Scalability isn't a problem for Hyperion."
  • "Hyperion has much room for improvement, especially disaster recovery. You don't have the option to choose the proper disaster recovery method. We have Hyperion and an SQL server on the backend. We have active solutions for the backend database server, which aren't working for our people. They've asked us to remove the high availability to increase application performance."

What is our primary use case?

Hyperion is a business analytics product. In addition to analytics. it calculates all the sales data and audits everything as well.

What needs improvement?

Hyperion has much room for improvement, especially disaster recovery. You don't have the option to choose the proper disaster recovery method. We have Hyperion and an SQL server on the backend. We have active solutions for the backend database server, which aren't working for our people. They've asked us to remove the high availability to increase application performance. Another feature that needs work is identity management. It's okay, but they still use old-fashioned ID integrations. Today, there are more secure types of authentication, but these options are unavailable.

Hyperion is a stable product.

Scalability isn't a problem for Hyperion.
Oracle Hyperion
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Hyperion. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle support has a lot of room for improvement. Our requests for service, bug fixes, and new features take a long time. It's will take two or three years for them to add the features we want, and they haven't been able to provide a correct solution for these problems.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Hyperion five out of 10. The process of fixing bugs is very slow, and there's no transparency. When I tell Oracle about a bug, they acknowledge the request, but customers have no way of knowing about the progress they're making. Customers should get an update about this.
Hyperion - Financial System Analyst at a venture capital & private equity firm with 10,001+ employees
Good reporting, consolidation, and technical support
  • "We like the reporting and tracking of financials."
  • "There can be an improvement in many regards with the dimensions, the metadata, the interfaces, as well as the integration."

What is our primary use case?

Essentially, we use Hyperion for financial reporting and tracking.

What is most valuable?

We like the reporting and tracking of financials.

What needs improvement?

I think the user interface could be made a bit easier and user-friendly.

The initial setup could be easier, and there could be more integration with more ERPs.

There is always room for improvement.

I have been working with Oracle Hyperion for two years.

We are using the financial management version.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product.

There are more than 40 users in our organization who are working with this solution.

Technical support has been good.

Previously, we did not work with similar products.

As an administrator, I don't find it to be very difficult, but from the user's perspective, It could be simplified.

We don't need much maintenance because it's a stable product.

What other advice do I have?

If the group is large enough, then I would recommend going ahead with this solution. It's a very good tool for reporting and consolidation.

I would rate Oracle Hyperion an eight out of ten.

Oracle Hyperion
June 2022
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director Enterprise Applications and eBusiness at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reliable, building flexibility, but difficult to maintain
  • "Oracle Hyperion is an engine allowing you to build whatever you want on it."
  • "Oracle Hyperion generally it's quite a complex architecture that is hard to maintain."

What is our primary use case?

We used It was used for budgeting, monthly management reporting, and forecasting.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Hyperion is an engine allowing you to build whatever you want on it.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Hyperion generally it's quite a complex architecture that is hard to maintain.

In our case, the issue was with the lack of people in Kazakhstan who know the product. there is a very limited number of resources available on the market.

I have been using Oracle Hyperion for approximately 11 years.

I have found Oracle Hyperion to be stable.

The scalability of Oracle Hyperion is not that simple. However, for our usage, we do not have any performance issues. We didn't try to scale it that much.

Previously to using Oracle Hyperion we were using Excel.

The installation is at a medium difficulty level. It is similar to Oracle E-Business Suite.

Oracle Hyperion was implemented with the help of an integrator.

Oracle Hyperion is not an inexpensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to use a cloud solution if there is one available.

I rate Oracle Hyperion a seven out of ten,

Senior Hyperion Consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use solution that provides a structured and guided methodology for doing analysis
  • "This solution provides a more structured methodology for doing analysis than a tool like Excel. It creates a central database that keeps all information in one place."
  • "The forecasting of values could be simplified in this solution."

What is our primary use case?

This solution allows our users to do quarterly budget forecasts and load information for the next one to five years.

What is most valuable?

This solution provides a more structured methodology for doing analysis than a tool like Excel. It creates a central database that keeps all information in one place. 200 spreadsheets can be replaced by one repository, multidimensional database.

Hyperion Planning provides pre-made forms, that make data input easy and shows users step-by-step what needs to be done for the forecast.

What needs improvement?

The forecasting of values could be simplified in this solution.

This is a scalable solution. It is possible to have thousands of users and store large amounts of data.

Our experience with the support team was not great.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The setup was fairly complex. Besides needing servers, software needs to be installed and customized to work efficiently. You need to ensure everything works together and data moves correctly. Web servers have to be running and optimized.

To get a full license, which gives you access to most of the different Hyperion programs, it costs $2000 to $2500 a month.

Gaetan COURTEL - PeerSpot reviewer
Finance Information System Project Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Useful for financial reporting and budgeting

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Hyperion is useful for financial reporting and budgeting.

This solution is deployed on-prem.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Hyperion's scalability could be improved.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable, but we are thinking of the cloud to improve scalability.

There are about 700 users of Oracle Hyperion in my organization. We have plans to increase our usage: when the company grows, the system will grow also.

The technical support is fine. Previously, the support exchanges with Oracle were difficult, but now it's much better. We manage most things without contacting Oracle.

The installation is easy, but I'm the admin—we have a partner who manages the installation. I think it took about two to three days.

For a technical team, we have two people who manage the worldwide financial information.

We implemented this solution through a partner.

We pay for licensing yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Hyperion an eight out of ten. We are satisfied with this solution and I would recommend Oracle to others.

MichelCote - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant at Coçyl Services Conseils
They're quick to add enhancements and adapt the tool to business requirements

What is our primary use case?

Centralization of the budgeting process. Our company was using Excel spreadsheets to capture all the managers' spreadsheets. They kept being changed by the managers and were never actually frozen in time. Very hard for top management to freeze the budgets.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced budgeting process from six to eight months, to three months. Locking the budget process for the managers permitted us to control the data. No one was doubtful about which versions of the budgets they were working on.

What is most valuable?

• Flexibility
  • Quick to add enhancements and adapt the tool to business requirements
  • Little involvement from the IT department

Everyone was looking at the same numbers. As data was entered during the budget process from lower management, upper management had the live consolidated budgets.

What needs improvement?

The learning curve is pretty steep. For people coming from a relational or star database background, users configuring Essbase need to learn a new way of manipulating the data.

Three to five years.

AltairRibeiro - PeerSpot reviewer
Oracle Hyperion Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It's a reliable tool for managing all our budget processes

What is our primary use case?

I use Hyperion for BI and BPM planning.

What is most valuable?

Hyperion is helpful for all our budget processes.

What needs improvement?

I have a problem with Hyperion when I need to log some changes in the budget. It's hard to know who made which changes in the budget. Also, since I am using the old version, I'm having some issues with the compatibility between the software and the browser. I think Oracle should package Hyperion with a browser so I won't have these problems.

I've been working with Hyperion for about a year.

Hyperion is highly reliable.

I think Oracle's support isn't very good.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Hyperion nine out of 10 because I very much like it.

Lead of Business Intelligence at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Review about Oracle Hyperion

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for financial reporting and planning.

What needs improvement?

The solution has too many tools.

The integration should be addressed.

I found the initial setup to be complex.

I have been using Oracle Hyperion for nine years.

The stability is fine and quite user friendly.

The scalability is fine.

The initial setup was complex.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any specific advice for others who are considering implementing this tool.

I rate Oracle Hyperion as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Oracle Hyperion Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022