Anthony Mook - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Security Manager at SMU
Reliable, scalable, and easy to install but the pricing could be better as it's expensive

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for ID purposes. When we remove a user from the server, we need a privileged ID password.

We are a University. It's a large organization.

What is most valuable?

It's not very different when compared with other products.

What needs improvement?

From what I can see, the Systems Integrator is useless. When I ask for the information, nothing is given to me. They need to provide better training for the System Integrator.

I have been working with this solution for two years.

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Its' quite stable.

It's a scalable solution but could be improved. On a scale of one to five, I would rate it a four.

I have not used technical support.

The initial setup is pretty easy. It is not complex.

We used a reseller, integrators, but they were useless to me.

Pricing is quite high and it could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CyberArk Privileged Access Security a six out of ten.

Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Local tech support is very helpful
  • "The technical support for this solution is very good. If I was to rate it on a scale of one to five, I would give it a five."
  • "The product could be easier to use. More work needs to be done on this aspect; it is not good enough yet. It also takes up a lot of server space. Sometimes we need to use up to seven servers."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is business and client management. Our clients are mostly from the banking sector.

What is most valuable?

The CyberArk solutions that have been the most valuable for my solution are the Discovery & Audit (DNA) and Privileged Threat Analytics (PTA) tools. CyberArk is a very important tool for my organization.

The setup was very easy for me.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for about a year. My company resells and implements this solution.

I think this solution has a lot of stability.

The technical support for this solution is very good. If I was to rate it on a scale of one to five, I would give it a five.

The initial setup was straightforward. It can be carried out by a single person.

The great thing about this solution is that they offer tech support in my language.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product.

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager
November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Team Lead Information Security Control at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good support, reliable, and straightforward implementation

What is our primary use case?

We are using CyberArk Privileged Access Manager because we have too many accounts and we need to manage them.

How has it helped my organization?

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager has helped our organization by controlling users' access.

What needs improvement?

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager could improve the integration docking, it should have more layers. For example, integration with OpenShift.

I have been using CyberArk Privileged Access Manager for approximately two years.

CyberArk Privileged Access Manager is stable.

We have thousands of users using CyberArk Privileged Access Manager in my organization.

The support from CyberArk Privileged Access Manager is good.

The initial setup of CyberArk Privileged Access Manager was straightforward.

We had a local third-party company help us with the implementation of CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. The maintenance is sometimes a challenge for our consulting team that does it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CyberArk Privileged Access Manager a nine out of ten.

IEM tower manager at Capgemini
Useful session monitoring and password vault features

What is most valuable?

The password vault and session monitoring are useful.

We have been using this solution since 2016.

The solution is stable, but some features in BeyondTrust are unavailable in CyberArk Privileged Access Manager. For example, there is a PMUL feature in BeyondTrust where you can do a deeper dive with the keys for login, but it is not available in CyberArk Privileged Access Manager.

The technical support is good, and they fix any issues we have. However, the turnaround time for technical support is lengthy.

We set up huge environments.

Regarding pricing, we have an APAC sheet and a contact person from CyberArk Singapore that provides a pricing sheet when we need one.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten. I would recommend having a proper plan before implementing this solution. It will be a smoother process if you jot down the granular execution level and get senior resources with hands-on experience.

Hichem TALEB-BENDIAB - PeerSpot reviewer
CDO & Co-Founder at ELYTIK
Complete package, thorough threat detection, but expensive

What is most valuable?

This is a complete solution that can detect cyber attacks well. I have found the proxy features most valuable for fast password web access.

I use the solution for security. I make sure the bulk of the password of the certificate for the cloud and on-premise applications are good. I action and administer them when needed.

The solution is stable, it is very resilient.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

The installation is not difficult for me because all the information is on the website.

The solution is very expensive and requires a license. We pay for an enterprise license.

What other advice do I have?

This is a complete package that has a lot of the capabilities you would want in this type of solution but it is very expensive.

I rate CyberArk PAS a seven out of ten.

Auditor de Sistemas y Procesos at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
A full life-cycle solution for managing the most privileged accounts

What is our primary use case?

We sell this solution to our partners. We are not currently using the application for our own use — we're consultants.

What is most valuable?

Within the solution, I love the fact that everything is recorded. The configuration capabilities are great, too.

What needs improvement?

There are always improvements that can be made, but nothing really stands out. It's hard for me to say as I am not a direct user.

CyberArk PAS is very stable.

The technical support is excellent. On a scale from one to ten, I would give the support a rating of ten.

The price of this solution is quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give CyberArk PAS a rating of ten.

Download our free CyberArk Privileged Access Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022