We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Senior Manager Enterprise Architecture at a individual & family service with 1,001-5,000 employees
Valuable monitoring feature that tracks UI development
  • "Monitoring feature that allows tracking of the web's UI development."
  • "Security features can be improved to better protect the server."

What is our primary use case?

The middleware provides the service from our core banking and manages the equipment from the satellite system to the core banking SMS or to any other system. Any system can communicate to another system through the solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the monitoring feature, where we can track the web's UI development.

What needs improvement?

The tracing. Some unknown errors will sometimes happen and the error message isn't clear. The security process to protect the servers also needs improvement. Sometimes, you need to open the whole project and complete another setup in the server, then hurry back and go through the service application to complete the security setup. If Oracle SB had one button to complete this process in one step, it would be better.

For the next update, I'd like to see event-driven architecture.

I've been using Oracle Service Bus for five years.

The solution is stable.

It's easy to scale mostly from the Oracle side. We added another node in the cluster but we haven't yet tried it.

When we've contacted support, they haven't always resolved the issue. We've then tried from our end to find a workaround and ended up finding a solution.  Their support service could be improved.

The setup was simple and deployment was managed on my own. It took only a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution a seven out of ten. My advice is to be aware of the amount of space to collect all the requirements because sometimes, maintenance on existing setups can rebuild the servers from the beginning.

Business&Integration Arch Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good connectivity, stable, scalable, and it is easy to setup

What is our primary use case?

This solution can be used for internal connectivity between enterprise applications and a Telco client.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of deployment and the ease of implementation.

What needs improvement?

The support for GraphQL needs to be improved, and the response time for global support could be faster.

We have been implementing this solution for more than eight years.

It's a stable product. There are no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution. We have three customers who are using this solution.

Local support is very…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of deployment and the ease of implementation.

What needs improvement?

We have been implementing this solution for more than eight years.

It's a stable product. There are no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution.

We have three customers who are using this solution.

Local support is very fast, but if you have to escalate the ticket to the global team it takes a lot of time. It could be time-consuming.

Global support response time could be faster.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It took me an hour and a half to install.

We have a team of five including one manager, and four engineers to maintain this solution.

I completed the installation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for large enterprises.

I would rate Oracle Service Bus a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle Service Bus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Siropani Bhattamishra
Middleware Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Robust with a good interface; lacks sufficient security integration
  • "The interface is fine and the solution is quite robust."
  • "Security needs to be more integrated."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for message processing.

What is most valuable?

From a technical perspective, the interface is fine and the solution is quite robust.

What needs improvement?

There are several improvements that could be made to the product. Security needs to be more integrated, there are so many new security techniques on the market that could be integrated. They should also be embedding API key and other security mechanisms. I find the solution to be somewhat lightweight.

The solution is scalable although sometimes there is a memory bottleneck and the solution crashes.

I carried out the deployment and it took a maximum of two hours. We have five users and one specialist who deals with maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

To choose this solution would depend on company priorities. If someone is looking for a highly scalable solution with security features embedded there are many other options available. If the case scenario is a customer who is already using Oracle Stack and has a good relationship with Oracle then I would recommend OSB if they can survive with the built-in security model. I would definitely recommend it for some customers.

I rate this product seven out of 10.