We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
DeepakSharma
Senior Cloud Architect at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Easy setup but issues with support

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is as part of a multi-channel strategy wherein APIMs are being used with micro-products or third-party clients. Our web application firewall receives all the external and public traffic, and it re-routes to the APIM, which is on the private subnet. The APIM manages both in authentication and authorization service composition layer.

What needs improvement?

One thing that could be improved is to remove the dependency of Kubernetes as an external L4 load layer balance. It would also be useful if APIM could integrate internally with Kubernetes right out of the box.

I have been using this solution for around two years.

General support has been very…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for around two years.

General support has been very good, but sometimes when immediate support is required, it isn't available.

The initial setup was quite easy as it is a managed service.

I used a managed service to implement.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product as seven out of ten.

Vinayak Verlekar
Technology Architect Manager at ESB
Has good Active Directory Synchronization but the inbuilt policies need improvement
  • "The Azure Active Directory Synchronization is quite good."
  • "They should improve the inbuilt policies that they have and that should properly create a deployment architecture as well."

What is most valuable?

The Azure Active Directory Synchronization is quite good.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Azure for about a year.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

The price could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

At the end of the day, all the products are one and the same, just that some of them have more features than others. That's all.

I would rate Azure a seven out of ten. Not a ten because I would like for them to improve on the number of policies it has inbuilt and for it to have better deployment architecture.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure API Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,780 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple to use and well integrated; an on-premise option would be helpful

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to provide API mapping for our clients. We're a customer of Azure and I'm a system analyst.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is it's simplicity. It's easy to set up and is very well integrated with the Azure environment.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, it would be helpful if they could develop an on-premises option.

I've been using this solution for one year.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for one year.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Product Categories
API Management
Download our free Microsoft Azure API Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.