We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Network Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
User-friendly GUI, easy to configure, and technical support responds quickly
  • "The GUI is user-friendly."
  • "The integration with other products should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a product reseller and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our customers. At this point, we have only implemented it for one customer.

What is most valuable?

The GUI is user-friendly.

It is easy to configure compared to solutions by other vendors, such as F5.

What needs improvement?

The integration with other products should be improved.

This product does not come with bare metal protection, so we need more network features. We don't want to be as dependent on a separate next-generation firewall.

The pricing could be made more competitive.

So far, the stability has been okay.

We have not had a problem with scalability but we have only deployed it for one project.

The technical support is very good and they are fast to respond.

I have also worked with similar solutions by F5 and Barracuda. FortiWeb is easier to configure because the F5 product requires more technical knowledge. The Barracuda solution has the advantage that DDoS support is built-in and there is no need to integrate with other products.

The initial setup is straightforward, although integration is more difficult. For example, if you want to have DDoS attack support then you need to integrate with the firewall. With the solution from Barracuda, the DDoS capability is already included.

FortiWeb is more expensive than some competing products.

We have a lot of requests for Barracuda solutions from our customers. One of the reasons for this is that the pricing is cheaper by quite a lot.

What other advice do I have?

While I have not done comprehensive testing with FortiWeb, I have no complaints so far.

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that if they are not very advanced in terms of technical training, this product is a good choice because it is very simple to implement.

Arash Azari Samani
Data Center Network Expert at TOSAN
User-friendly and makes it easy to find vulnerabilities
  • "This product is very user-friendly."
  • "FortiWeb needs to have support for the newest technology being used in web applications."

What is our primary use case?

We are using FortiWeb for publishing web services and some web applications.

What is most valuable?

The interface makes it easy to identify vulnerabilities.

The best features for us are the signature services. The devices uses signatures for identifying vulnerabilities in web applications.

This product is very user-friendly.

The security is very good.

What needs improvement?

FortiWeb needs to have support for the newest technology being used in web applications. For example, some companies have developed new features using the latest technology, but we are still waiting for Fortinet to support them.

I have been using FortiWeb for between four and five years.

The stability is very good and we're fortunate that we haven't had any issues.

We have had no issues with scalability.

We are in Iran and working under sanctions, which means that we cannot buy new American products and cannot get support. Companies usually buy devices that are second hand, or from a third-party, neither of which have support.

That said, my impression is that the support is good for companies who are eligible to use it.

The initial setup was not complex. Like all Fortinet devices, it is user-friendly.

Due to the situation in Iran with the sanctions, the price of this solution is very expensive.

The only other two web application firewall products that are available in my country are F5 and Imperva.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I strongly recommend it, especially for companies in the banking industry.

Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiWeb. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ahmet Coruk
Co-founder at Korunet
Excellent Fortinet family product integration, stable , and good support
  • "One of the big advantages of using Fortinet FortiWeb is all the Fortinet family solutions use the same user interface and logic. This makes it easy to use, configure, manage, and understand if you have used one of their solutions before or are wanting to implement other Fortinet solutions in the future. Additionally, all Fortinet solutions can be managed with one application called FortiManager."
  • "The solution could improve by providing more integration with solutions other than the Fortinet family."

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet FortiWeb can be used to protects business-critical web applications from attacks or vulnerabilities.

What is most valuable?

One of the big advantages of using Fortinet FortiWeb is all the Fortinet family solutions use the same user interface and logic. This makes it easy to use, configure, manage, and understand if you have used one of their solutions before or are wanting to implement other Fortinet solutions in the future. Additionally, all Fortinet solutions can be managed with one application called FortiManager.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

Fortinet FortiWeb is scalable.

We have had approximately five customers using this solution.

The technical support has been good in my experience.

The installation of Fortinet FortiWeb is straightforward. The time it takes to do the installation depends on the environment of the customer and if there are any additional configurations needed. However, a typical basic installation takes approximately one hour.

We use one engineer that does the maintenance of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

The solution can be deployed on-premise and on the cloud. We have been working with governments in Turkey and they tend not to trust their data on the cloud and choose on-premise deployments. However, many companies here are moving to the cloud.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Fortinet FortiWeb a nine out of ten.

Jr. Engineer at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to install and maintain, with good technical support
  • "It is easy to install and to maintain."
  • "In terms of performance, it needs to be more robust."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for security, on the periphery for the VPN.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to install and to maintain.

What needs improvement?

We are considering an upgrade to our firewall because our current version is not compatible with our FortiAnalyzer. As there is an incompatibility, we have been advised by Fortinet that an upgrade is necessary to avoid issues.

We believe this product will become obsolete.

It needs to better integrate with other platforms.

In terms of performance, it needs to be more robust. During the lockdown, we are connecting to a VPN and the connection should be faster, there should be RAM or more hardware. Also, it should include security features.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for two years.

This solution is stable and w have had no issues with its stability.

It's a scalable product and we have plans to use it in the future.

We have approximately 1000 users in our organization.

We are satisfied with technical support, we have not had any issues.

The initial setup was straightforward, it was easy.

There were no issues and it was deployed in six months.

We have a team of 20 providing the IT infrastructure, including switching, firewalls, and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using Fortinet for four years and internally we are using Cisco.

We would certainly recommend this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A reliable solution with good ability for configuring multiple policies for different requirements
  • "The ability to configure multiple policies for different requirements is a strong feature of Fortinet FortiWeb."
  • "They can introduce a scaled-down version for the SMB market. It would be very competitive in the environment."

What is our primary use case?

I am more on the design side. The use case depends on what a customer requires in terms of web protection. We mostly use it for reverse proxy and load balancing.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They can introduce a scaled-down version for the SMB market. It would be very competitive in the environment.

I have been using Fortinet FortiWeb for two or three years.

It is stable. You obviously need to assign and write configurations correctly.

It is scalable.

Every response from Fortinet is quite good and according to their SLAs.

I don't get involved in implementation and installation.

It is not a cheap product. It is not like a Linux or a Genex that you can deploy. It is a hardware appliance, and it is built for a specific reason and reliability.

It is an enterprise-class solution. You wouldn't find an SMB investing in something like this.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others if they can afford it. We plan to continue using this solution. It is a good solution, and the customers are quite happy using it.

I would rate Fortinet FortiWeb a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Thameem Ansari
Senior solution architect at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Straightforward to set up, quick to deploy, and easy to maintain

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to protect web applications, and stop attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Fail-Open.

What needs improvement?

Troubleshooting features could be incorporated with this solution. The reporting could be optimized.

I have been using this solution for three years. We are using the latest version.

The stability is okay, sometimes. It could be more stable.

In terms of scalability, I have faced some challenges. We have 50 users in our organization.

Technical support…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Fail-Open.

What needs improvement?

Troubleshooting features could be incorporated with this solution.

The reporting could be optimized.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We are using the latest version.

The stability is okay, sometimes. It could be more stable.

In terms of scalability, I have faced some challenges.

We have 50 users in our organization.

Technical support is good.

Previously, I did not use another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It takes less time to deploy compared with other competitors.

One person is enough to maintain this solution.

We did not use an integrator or reseller. I completed the deployment and implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I plan to continue with my usage of this solution in the future. It's a good product, but if they could better the stability, it would be great.

I would rate Fortinet FortiWeb an eight out of ten.

Jefe de Venta Especialista de Seguridad Informatica at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable and the support in Peru is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and I work in the sales team. We resell the Fortinet brand, including the firewall and other solutions. I have experience with both using and configuration of Fortinet products.

What needs improvement?

We have had problems with deployments where we've had to contact technical support to resolve them.

I have been working with Fortinet FortiWeb for five or six years.

FortiGate is a stable product.

I have a good relationship with the support teams in Peru, and we are well-supported. We have not needed support to assist with deployment, but we have worked with them for…

What is our primary use case?

I have experience with both using and configuration of Fortinet products.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Fortinet FortiWeb for five or six years.

FortiGate is a stable product.

We have not needed support to assist with deployment, but we have worked with them for troubleshooting problems.

I am familiar with solutions from other vendors, but the majority of my knowledge is of Fortinet products.

We have not had any problems with deployment.

We have a network team that deploys this solution for different clients. We have three engineers in charge of deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

MauricioCorrêa
Full support analyst at Gruppen
A great SD-WAN product with good security features with a host of models for varied environments

What is our primary use case?

I use Fortinet products for security projects. When it comes to middle-sized enterprises, SD-WAN firewalls are the appropriate solution, FortiGate products being more geared towards larger, enterprise organizations. This is not for a data center, for which Check Point and Palo Alto are better suited. Fortinet FortiWeb is best suited for medium and enterprise data center environments.

What is most valuable?

My experience with the solution has been very positive. Fortinet is a great SD-WAN player when it comes to security capabilities. Also, it offers many models for a host of environments. I like the solution's SD-WAN features.

What needs improvement?

The memory use in each of the appliances is problematic.

For how long have I used the

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The memory use in each of the appliances is problematic.

I believe that I have been working with FortiGate products for five years.

What other advice do I have?

As I am a Fortinet partner, I make use of many of its products.

I like the FortiWeb products.

I rate Fortinet FortiWeb as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Fortinet FortiWeb Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.