IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
group head it at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful screen scraping, third-party integration, and reliable
  • "The most valuable features I have found to be the screen scraping and the integration with third-party solutions."
  • "The user experience could be made a little better with this solution. I find it difficult to find qualified people to be able to use the solution."

What is our primary use case?

• We use the solution for automating a noise cancellation process.

• In our business, we have a certain requirement to gather information from multiple applications in our customer services team, before we can troubleshoot an issue the support engineer has to handle 14 different applications to get the required information. This means the engineer spends approximately 25 minutes getting the required information even before they can start troubleshooting the issue. In the customer support space, we use this solution for automating the gathering of information from 15 disparate applications.

• In the customer service space, we have three bots and in the finance space, we have one bot.

• We have a few use cases where we use the bots to essentially increasing efficiency and reducing manual work in different areas.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see machine learning built in to support marketing use cases.

I have been using the solution within the last 12 months.

BotFarm
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
622,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Based on my experience, the solution is stable.

I have approximately 47 users using the solution in my organization. Currently, have this solution deployed in one country and in two departments. Next year we plan to increase have the solution operation in three countries and across 14 departments.

I have previously used Blue Prism and UiPath.

The installation is straightforward.

The license of this solution is on an annual basis. The price is fair. However, what we did initially was a POC, but now we are looking at moving from a POC to expanding it out further. I would appreciate some kind of discount.

I have evaluated Blue Prism and UiPath recently.

What other advice do I have?

Those wanting to implement this solution make sure you have a team that can support you. Getting individuals with the qualified skillsets required has proven to be difficult.

I rate BotFarm a seven out of ten.

Technical Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good PDF extraction and emailing capabilities, with responsible and helpful support
  • "The most valuable features are PDF extraction and emailing."
  • "When somebody is just learning this product it can be difficult for them to understand, so improvements to the user interface would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use BotForm for predicting the suppliers for a particular client. There are multiple suppliers and we have to find the ones who are coming under the Middle Market and Public Labor Department. There are some criteria, and we use that together with the Bot to trace all of the PDF documents and webpages to see if there are any suppliers in those categories.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are PDF extraction and emailing.

The bot insight feature is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

When somebody is just learning this product it can be difficult for them to understand, so improvements to the user interface would be helpful. It would be nice if people could understand it right from the beginning.

In the future, I would like to see a feature for real-time chat with the support team.

I have been working with BotFarm for about one year.

We have found it to be stable, with no breakdown at any point. It is sustainable, as well.

The scalability is good. We have been able to scale out without any problem.

We use both the community and the support team. When we create a ticket, they are very helpful. They respond quickly and there is no lag at all with the back and forth calls. They are friendly and helpful all of the time, and they fix the problem.

We use both Automation Anywhere and UiPath. We began working with Automation Anyway but for some clients, we use UiPath.

One of the advantages of Automation Anywhere is that the Bot Insight feature is built-in. It is very useful. With UiPath, it is a separate install and it is tricky to play around with, compared to Automation Anywhere, where it is very easy.

I have seen that bots run faster in Automation Anywhere than they do in UiPath.

UiPath is less expensive than Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup is simple and straightforward.

The ROI is really good.

What other advice do I have?

We pay approximately $15,000 USD per year.

BotFarm
August 2022
622,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jhon Jimenez - PeerSpot reviewer
Technological Architect Director at PersonalSoft
Great feature sets, stable, and scalable
  • "The solution seems to offer high stability. We haven't seen any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze."
  • "The licensing schemes could be more competitive. They need to be much more flexible in their pricing."

What is our primary use case?

Our main customers are in the financial, banking, and insurance sectors. They use the co-location on the credit processes and insurance claims.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a lot of great features inside of it that clients can take advantage of.

The concentration of bots is great.

The solution is pretty out-of-the-box and is a great component of the greater Automation Anywhere platform.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if they increased their capabilities in process mining.

I've been working on the solution for six months. It hasn't been too long.

As a cloud platform, the solution is able to scale well. That's the benefit of the cloud.

Our clients tend to be large-scale businesses. They are not small enterprises.

In the future, we do have plans to increase usage. That is why we are hoping that the company can be more flexible with their licensing offerings.

The technical support is very good. They have a high rating on Gartner, for example. We're quite satisfied with their level of service.

We're still in the exploratory phase of trying out the solution. We haven't fully implemented it yet.

It's my understanding that the initial setup isn't complex, and is instead rather straightforward.

Currently, we are integrating different services for clients around the RPA console.

The pricing could be more flexible, especially if a company wants to scale.

We have looked at different RPA products. We are evaluating a few options and comparing features and pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We are a consulting services provider. We are working on automation.

Often deal with public cloud and hybrid deployment models.

Overall, I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Automates all repetitive tasks
  • "The most important feature of BotFarm is web automation."
  • "The CL command poses an issue during the process of data conversion, accuracy, data loss and the assessment of certain data as false."

What is our primary use case?

We utilize the solution for automation of all repetitive tasks.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of BotFarm is web automation.

What needs improvement?

This said, IT has been very good in evolving the tool and it is doing so on a weekly or monthly basis.

We have been using BotFarm for under 12 months, although not as an end user but in the context of working on the client's interface version.

When it comes to stability, I prefer Automation Anywhere or UiPath, which is simple to code and to handle and has an easily obtainable platform. It has a much simpler deployment and configuration process and the tool can be easily acquired.

We have not yet tried to expand the usage of the solution. This is a decision which must be made by management.

Last year I faced a problem and, subsequently, raised a ticket. The support team is great and they helped me to resolve the issue within three or four days.

I found the deployment to be very simple.

The licensing is generally on a yearly basis, although this can vary depending on the needs of the client. I am very happy with the pricing.

Prior to choosing the solution, we did consider alternatives. However, we found them to be overly expensive, so we decided to go with Automation Anywhere, with whom we are now partnered.

What other advice do I have?

Our team consists of around 15 people.

I recommend the use of Automation Anywhere, although version 11.3.5 should be chosen, as it contains certain new commands for automation in respects of the share purchase agreement. Automation Anywhere constitutes the latest version and the addition of extra commands makes things much simpler. The previous version required one to automate via scripting and the use of MetaBot.

I rate BotFarm as an eight out of ten.

AGM- IT (IT Projects Delivery & Innovation) at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An expensive solution, providing an easy setup with little maintenance, but lacks AI-driven capabilities for full automation
  • "The system is stable and very little maintenance is required, assuming the bots process is perfectly designed."
  • "I have called customer service three times and the experience has not been good. They do not offer 24/7 support, which forces us to wait till the next working day to solve a problem."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to use the bot peer-to-peer (P2P) billing.

We deal with a few customers where we automate billed services for accounts received with invoice, debit and credit notes.

What needs improvement?

An additional feature that is missing from BotFarm is the ability for complete, AI-driven automation.

Automation can be divided into two types, namely, full automation (does not require human intervention) and semi-automation (requires human intervention). However, most companies are not able to give all their data from their ERP system to perform full automation. There is a missing feature in the software which allows for this solution to be solved.

Additionally, by using AI, I would like the bot to pull reports automatically from the ERP system, but at the moment I have to log into the system to retrieve reports.

Another area that needs improvement is with regards to machine-bound licenses. When installing the solution on a clients laptop or desktop and creating a license, that license is bound to that computer. I cannot use the users ID or password on any other machine.

I have been using the solution for about 8 months and we have developed around six process automations.

For example, if the interface of the ERP system changes, maintenance would be required to adjust the bot settings to point to moved buttons/features.

The initial setup is simple. However, creating a bot requires development experience.

The deployment does not take much time, assuming you already have a complete process that has been defined and approved.

The solution was implemented in-house.

It is too expensive and not worth the price.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Rithwik Neelam - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior software Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful features, highly stable, and priced well
  • "The main features of the solution are the IQ Bot and web-based automation."
  • "We do have some troubles with the internal software commands, but we have been troubleshooting this bug to fix it."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to automate the use cases for our clients. We have automized the day-to-day work of their order management system.

What is most valuable?

The main features of the solution are the IQ Bot and web-based automation.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution within the past 12 months.

I have found the solution to be very stable.

The scalability has been good. We have approximately 300 users using this solution in my organization and we plan to increase the usage.

Overall the support and customer support areas need to be improved.

I have previously used Blue Prism.

The initial setup was complicated.

We did the implementation and took us three months.

We are on an annual license for the solution and is priced well.

We have evaluated Blue Prism and UiPath before.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise any of your new developers to start using it as soon as possible, it will be beneficial for them to get started.

I rate BotFarm ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SantiagoMartinez - PeerSpot reviewer
VP of Transformation & Innovation at a outsourcing company with 10,001+ employees
Productivity increased far more than thirty percent with this solution
  • "Productivity increased far more than thirty percent."
  • "The discovery suite that they just acquired could be included."

What is our primary use case?

Lots of different use cases, such as front office customer experience, repetitive tasks, multi-login screens, document processing, and screen notification.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been solving a lot of our productivity issues in different areas. And of course, in the core business. Productivity increased far more than thirty percent.

What is most valuable?

I can not think of just one the whole solution is very good. Maybe because it is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The discovery suite that they just acquired could be included. The more I think, maybe it's going to be targeted to be integrated with the process discovery piece, after the acquisition of FortressIQ.

I have been using BotFarm for the past five years.

BotFarm is very stable from our experience.

The has been proven to be effective and we are building bots every day now.

The initial setup it was simple and deployed in less than two months.

We have seen a return on investment in less than six months from the time we started using it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend BotFarm an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Managing Director at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
User-Friendly, good Excel automation, easy to install, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to extract data from websites.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the Excel automation and support for SharePoint.

The interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of this product could be better.

I have been using BotFarm for three years.

It's a stable product. We have not experienced any issues.

We have not explored scalability yet. We have 10 people who are using this solution in our organization.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Deployment is quite quick.

Licenses are paid on a yearly basis and the cost is quite high.

We also evaluated the Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate BotFarm an eight out of ten.