We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Information Technology Supervisor at a renewables & environment company with 501-1,000 employees
A huge step up from previous versions
  • "It's very straightforward. There is virtually no learning curve at all."
  • "The updates could be improved. Sometimes when we update, there are instances where it fails or crashes."

What is our primary use case?

It's all right. It does the job. We use it for emails and troubleshooting widgets — stuff like that. Within our organization, there are roughly 100 employees using this solution.

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 is easy to use. It's not like Windows 8 where it had that "start menu" that took up the entire screen. I didn't like that one.

It's very straightforward. There is virtually no learning curve at all.

What needs improvement?

The updates could be improved. Sometimes when we update, there are instances where it fails or crashes. I wish they would sort that out. When the update is downloaded, maybe we could have a method of checking that the downloaded update from Windows is alright so it doesn't damage our computers before restarting it.

For me, that's the most troubling part — crashing after we've updated it. I've experienced that many times. There are instances where it has actually corrupted the Windows OS, then we have to reformat it.

Every time I have to reformat and install Windows, I have to remove so many pre-installed games and other unnecessary junk. I don't like that. It's just a bother having to remove them again and again and again.

I have been using this solution since it first hit the market.

Stability-wise, Windows 10 is great.

It's very easy to expand Windows 10.

I have to contact technical support from time to time. They're efficient, I always get what I need from them.

The initial setup is simple. It's just like any other setup of Windows.

Typically, I set it up myself. My team also knows how to deploy it. Installation takes roughly 30 to 45 minutes.

Sometimes we have to maintain it. Sometimes it slows down and we have to defragment it. Often, it's actually the computer itself that's slow simply because it's dirty; so we have to open up the computer and clean it. We handle all maintenance on our own, including cleaning the computers if they're dirty.

For Filipino standards, it's quite expensive. We pay per license. So far, there have been no hidden costs.

What other advice do I have?

Windows 10 is a big step up from Windows 7. Windows 8 was not that great. Overall, Windows 10 is a lot better than previous versions.

You'll have to update as soon as Windows 7 is no longer supported. If you stick with Windows 7, there are going to be security risks as it's not supported and updated by Windows. That's a big deal if you want security, etc.

I would absolutely recommend Windows 10 to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

AshutoshGupt
Principal Consultant, Presales at Self-employed
Feature rich, innovative, user friendly, and easy install
  • "It is a much faster solution if you are transitioning from a traditional Windows operating system."
  • "If someone is coming from a previous Windows experience, it could be complex."

What is most valuable?

It is a much faster solution if you are transitioning from a traditional Windows operating system. It is simple, feature-rich, innovative, and once you get used to it, it is user friendly as well.

What needs improvement?

If someone is coming from a previous Windows experience, it could be complex. The solution could be more simplistic from a user perspective. When operating the solution sometimes you receive many different types of options, there is a chatbot build in, and some automatic assistance that was not expected.

There are excessive features in this version and the functionality they are based on needs improvement. The traditional way of using a Windows platform has been somehow lost. It will take a little time to get used to the Windows 10 experience.

Some features are not available in the basic version of the software that can be useful.

In the future, the solution should have a more simplified virtual assistant. I think they might be already planning to do this. There should be more features coming in the solution pre-installed. For example, when you purchase Windows 10, you should have a basic version of Microsoft Office installed on it. It should not be priced separately, more inclusion of features should be there.

I have been using the solution for approximately three years.

Compared to their competition, this solution is stable.

I have found it to be a scalable solution.

Prior to using this solution, I was using Windows seven or Windows eight, not SPF.

The deployment is easy.

I have never bought this solution myself, I generally get it with my Notebook for free. I think they are competitively priced at this moment. They could reduce the price a bit more, currently, it is priced in the middle.

What other advice do I have?

From the last three-four years, while I was using Windows 10, I think it took me some time to really get used to it properly. For example, we had to figure out how to search. Though they have included improvements from a previous version it took time to learn the new changes.

There is not anything to can say negative because you do not have an option to choose in some cases. When you have a PC environment Windows 10 should be there. If you want to review the previous versions or any extensive version of Windows 10, then it may be different. Enterprise has some added features that the basic does not, these advanced features are available for those who need it. There are other solutions such as Mac or Linux, but in a PC environment, you do not have a specific choice.

I rate Windows 10 an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Executive Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
An intuitive operating system that's stable and easy to use
  • "I like that it's a very easy solution to use. It's also very easy to integrate it for our customers. It's a very intuitive operating system, and if they take their time to go through it quickly, they can use it without any support."
  • "It would be better if they brought back the easy way to create multiple sessions on Windows 10. It's very complicated for our customers, and most of the time they need to call us to do it because they know that we are in an office environment and most of the time the competence is not for only one person. To optimize the resources, they need to have several sessions on the same desktop or the same workstation. This makes it easier to manage and maintain. My recommendation is to bring back the easy way and have several sessions on the same operating system. The price could be better as well."

What is our primary use case?

Whenever we sell equipment with a personal computer, our customers request Windows 10, and we install it.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's a very easy solution to use. It's also very easy to integrate it for our customers. It's a very intuitive operating system, and if they take their time to go through it quickly, they can use it without any support.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they brought back the easy way to create multiple sessions on Windows 10. It's very complicated for our customers, and most of the time they need to call us to do it because they know that we are in an office environment and most of the time the competence is not for only one person.

To optimize the resources, they need to have several sessions on the same desktop or the same workstation. This makes it easier to manage and maintain. My recommendation is to bring back the easy way and have several sessions on the same operating system. The price could be better as well.

I have been using Windows 10 for five years or since it was available in the marketplace.

I personally think that it's a very stable operating system. We used to have several issues with other operating systems, but we don't have any issues with Windows 10. This is because the updates are made automatically, and we also have several ways to back up our work. Most of the time, I forget that there is any trouble on a laptop or the desktop.

I think it's scalable. If you get legal licenses, you can move up to the new version without any problem. This is what we used to do.

I contacted technical support once , and it was a very good experience.

The initial setup is simple for me because I'm an IT integrator. However, I know that it's complicated for my customers just to install it. Most of the time, they don't want to learn how to do it. They always tell us to do it for them and to give it in ready-to-use mode.

I'm an integrator and I install and deploy this solution.

It's not cheap, and it's one of the inconveniences. Most of the time, we use group licensing, permitting us to install servers for three months. When we want to have personal licenses, it costs too much here in Senegal.

What other advice do I have?

I will recommend this solution because it's intuitive. Also, we have a Windows culture here, and people like to use it.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 an eight.

Fauzi Yusof
General Manager at Mun Chuen Transport
Straightforward to set up with good stability and lots of troubleshooting information available online
  • "The solution has been very stable."
  • "The time it takes to initially install the solution could be a bit less. Right now, it takes a few hours. We'd like it to be faster."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for document processing and the database for using Excel. In my case, I use a lot of Excel and Microsoft Word. I tend to stick to Office applications and Microsoft applications only.

What is most valuable?

We are upgrading the physical RAM in order to use the open drive.

We've been familiarizing ourselves with the features.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

The solution has been very stable.

You can easily find answers to any questions you have online.

What needs improvement?

I haven't extensively explored all of the features and aspects of the solution.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is now quite stable. At the beginning, we are facing some problems, however, nowadays, after all of these software patches and security patches, it's quite stabilized. There are no more issues. Its performance is very reliable.

I consider myself an average user and therefore have never attempted to scale the product. I'm not sure how it would go. I have never tried.

I've never reached out to technical support directly. Usually, if I run into issues, I Google answers and troubleshoot by myself. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

We updated from a previous Windows version - either Windows 7 or 8.

The initial setup was very straightforward and simple. It's not overly complex or difficult.

The installation process took a few hours, as we were upgrading from an old Windows version to Windows 10

I have handled all aspects of the implementation myself. By myself, I have handled the upgrading, auto-upgrading, downloading, and installation by myself. I did not need the help of an integrator or consultant.

The software and hardware tend to get bundled together in the final price. I can't speak to the exact pricing, as it's not an aspect of the product I deal with.

What other advice do I have?

We have the solution deployed to our desktops and laptops.

I'm simply a regular user. I don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

I would recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

I'd rate the product at an eight out of ten. We've been happy with it so far, however, it's not a perfect product.

PranavGupta
Assistant Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up and stable but can slow down your machine
  • "The stability of the solution is good. it doesn't crash or freeze and there are no bugs or glitches. It's quite reliable."
  • "The interface could be more friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using it in my new company. I'm working in ISP right now and I'm using the laptop to connect to my applications. That's all I'm using it for. I'm using just virtualization services on my laptop.

What is most valuable?

The solution is quite stable. The performance is good.

The product has been easy to use and simple to navigate.

The solution has the capability to scale if necessary.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

I found that it slowed down my laptop a bit.

I find that, when we start the laptop, when we shut down and restart the laptop, it will take a bit of time to restart. It will take around one minute to restart in total, which feels like a long time. I need the time to be reduced. After replacing the SSD, it reduced the time a bit, however, it has not reduced the time that much overall.

The interface could be more friendly.

Some security features and some services are automatically getting switched on that is of no use. There should be an option that allows us to customize the services that we want to run or that we don't want to run.

I've been using the solution for seven years at this point. I use it on my laptop, and it is pretty old at this point.

The solution can scale. For what I use it for, it's served its purpose.

I'm not sure how many people actually use the solution, as I am new to the organization. I have it on my laptop and suspect more if not all of the employees do too.

The solution is not difficult or complex to install. It is very straightforward and simple. A company shouldn't have any issues with the setup process.

It only took about 40 minutes to set up and deploy the solution. It's pretty fast.

I installed the solution myself. I did not need the assistance of any integrators or consultants.

I have a home license that costs me around 1,000 rupees.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

I'm using the solution from my laptop, not from the server.

I'm using the latest version of the solution. I'm constantly updating it.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten, as I found that this particular generation made my laptop run a bit slow.

Senior Solutions Architect at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Easy to setup, with enhanced performance and graphics
  • "It is also more stable than previous versions of Windows 10."
  • "They should change their policy to include some basic support for more than just updates."

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is the end user's operating system. It is installed on our laptops.

It is an end-user, end-device operating system that provides users who want to establish their own workspace, to continue their day-to-day work.

What is most valuable?

When you compare with the previous generations of Windows, the graphics have been enhanced as well as the performance.

It is also more stable than previous versions of Windows.

What needs improvement?

As it is an operating system, it needs more support.

They should change their policy to include some basic support for more than just updates. We require limited support for customers and issues.

For example, Microsoft has what is known as the blue screen of death or BSOD.

When you experience BSOD, the operating system is corrupted. It needs to be reconfigured or reinstalled, and you have to reconfigure all of the applications as well. For this to be done, the customer must create a ticket with their support services to guide them in the possible steps that are available.

If they could provide some remote assistance, it would help the end users to become self-sufficient and reduce the overall IT maintenance overhead.

I have been using Windows 10 since it was launched.

The stability of the solution has improved. Windows 10 is a stable solution compared to previous versions.

It's a scalable solution.

I have seen environments where lakhs (100,000s) of end-users are using Windows 10.

They should provide remote assistance.

Microsoft needs to work on the support. Even with an S1 production loss ticket, Microsoft does not provide priority support. When they are charging for it, they should provide support for it.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The length of time it takes to deploy is dependant on the configuration. If it is a good configuration, it can take 15 minutes or less to deploy.

Windows 10 does not require a technical team to maintain it. Microsoft provides Windows updates or we use SCCM and other patch management tools to update it for us.

Anyone can complete the installation, it does not require help from an integrator or a consultant.

Microsoft charges a lot for every license, but they don't provide support with it by default.

Instead of charging for support, they should provide support with it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for anyone who wants to set up their own workspace.

I am satisfied with the functionality of the product but not the support.

I would rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

Santosh Kurakula
Group DWH and BI Senior Manager at Virgin Mobile Middle East and Africa
User friendly, easy to use, and straightforward installation
  • "Windows 10 is user-friendly and easy to use, these are the most valuable features."
  • "The security needs to improve."

What is our primary use case?

In my organization, we have developers using mostly Mac systems, for databases we use Linux systems, and everyone else is using Windows 10 systems. We are using Windows 10 as a general operating system.

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 is user-friendly and easy to use, these are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The security needs to improve.

We have been using Windows 10 for approximately nine years.

The stability of this solution depends on many variables, such as the type of usage. If you using it at a bare minimum you will not find any issues, but if you are installing multiple applications and running them at the same time you could run into some problems, such as system underperformance. However, it can depend on the hardware you have installed. You cannot specifically say how the operating system performing without having the other details about configuration and hardware, there are too many variables involved that might be unrelated to the operating system performance.

When comparing Windows 10 and Linux, Linux is more sophisticated when it comes to security and being stable, making it the ideal choice for many servers today.

We have approximately 140 people using Windows 10 systems in my organization.

We do not typically immediately reach out to contact Microsoft technical support. Most of the issues that we face can be solved online. There are quite a lot of articles and help material online where there are many people providing guidance or support for most issues that you encounter. This is not related to commercial technical support.

We have not experienced a lot of trouble with our desktop systems. We only contact technical support on the server level related to security.

We were previously using Windows 7.

The installation is straightforward. You can do it without knowing anything about the solution. However, the difficulty can also depend on the use cases. If someone wants to add features to it or maybe split the hardware's constraints it can get a little technical.

The full installation takes approximately 30 minutes.

I did the implementation of the solution.

I have evaluated Mac and Linux operating systems.

What other advice do I have?

In the market, we are limited to Microsoft, Linux, or Mac. Mac is only on Apple and all their propriety products and Linux is mostly for database servers. Microsoft is a market-leading company and provides a very user-friendly environment in Windows 10 and I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

Noor Parkar
Sr. System and Storage Administrator at a government with 51-200 employees
Easy to use with a straightforward installation and good stability
  • "The solution is useful for end-user computing."
  • "The interface itself could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the client operating system. It is for end-users. We are administrators and it is a desktop client operating system.

What is most valuable?

The solution is useful for end-user computing.

The solution is very stable so far.

We've found it to be flexible.

The product is easy to use.

The new features it offers are very useful.

There have been a lot of improvements and enhancements to the product.

The installation is extremely straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The security aspect of the solution could be improved. they should work to make sure that their security is built out and more robust in future releases.

The interface itself could be more user-friendly.

We started using it about the time it was released. We've been using it for about two years or so now.

The solution has been very, very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable in terms of performance.

We have about 500 people using the solution currently.

We do plan to continue to use the solution in the future.

We've had some experience with technical support. They've been fine, in general. We have no complaints. We're satisfied with the level of support they provide to us.

Previous to this solution, it is my understanding that we used Windows 8.

The initial setup is not difficult or overly complex. It's very simple and quite straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the implementation process.

The deployment is very fast and only takes about 15 minutes or so.

Since this product is for end-user computing, we have a separate team of four administrators that deal directly with the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

I was able to handle the implementation on my own. It didn't require assistance. We didn't hire any outside consultants or integrators for the setup.

We pay for our licensing on a yearly basis. I can't speak to the exact amount, however.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. I don't know the exact version number.

In general, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate this product at an eight. It's been reliable and we've been happy with its capabilities overall.

I would recommend the solution to other companies and organizations.