Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
IT Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Useful Red Hat Satellite deployments, integrates well, and very stable
  • "We find the Red Hat Satellite deployments very useful. It integrates well with other solutions."
  • "It could be a bit more user-friendly. It could also be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for application services.

What is most valuable?

We find the Red Hat Satellite deployments very useful. It integrates well with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

It could be a bit more user-friendly. It could also be cheaper.

It is very stable. It is more stable than Windows Server.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is scalable. The number of users would be in thousands. They include IT teams and end-users who obviously don't even know that they're using it.

I don't call them directly, but their technical support is good.

It was straightforward. Our deployments are automated. To deploy a build internally, it only takes half an hour, but that's usually in automation. It would probably take a couple of months to put the infrastructure in place to be able to deploy it.

We have a site license on a yearly basis. Generally, we're okay with its price, but everything could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise others to do their research before deploying it and make sure that they are up to speed with the OS and what it can do. It is fairly easy to use as long as you know what you're doing.

I would rate Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) an eight out of ten.

Md.Jasim Uddin - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager at Cosmopolitan Communications Limited
Provides us with good security

What is our primary use case?

We are internet service providers in Bangladesh and resellers of this product to our customers to manage their network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

I think this solution is more secure than others because it's not open source. We've found that there is a huge demand for it.

What needs improvement?

Although the security features are good, I'd like to see more added in the security sphere.

I've been using this solution for just three months and still not completely familiar with it.

The solution is stable.

The documentation is sufficient for my needs.

The initial setup is easy, it takes around 10-15 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Download our free Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022