Peter Arabomen - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Engineering, Team Lead at Fidelity Bank Plc
Stable solution that protects networks against viruses and malware; good for endpoint management
  • "Stable endpoint manager, antivirus, and antimalware, with fast technical support and a straightforward setup."
  • "More integration with different platforms is an area for improvement for this product, and should be included in its next release."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Defender for Endpoint as an antivirus and antimalware solution. We also use it for endpoint management.

What needs improvement?

What I'd like included in the next release of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is more integration with different platforms.

We've been using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for four years.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is stable, except for occasional internet connection issues, but it's stable.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We contact the technical support team for this solution whenever we have an issue, and once you open a ticket, they respond as quickly as possible, though it would still depend on the severity level that you define.

The initial setup for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint was straightforward. It wasn't complicated.

We pay for our Microsoft Defender for Endpoint subscription yearly.

What other advice do I have?

We've been working with various Microsoft solutions, e.g. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Azure, etc.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been awesome, so far.

I wasn't around during the setup of the solution, so I have no idea on how long setting it up took.

We have 6,000 end users of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint within the company, and it's being used on workstations, servers, and mobile devices.

I'm rating Microsoft Defender for Endpoint nine out of ten. I found it to be a good product. It's a fine product.

Charles Levy - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Administrator at The Port Authority of Jamaica
Delivers comprehensive, ongoing, and real-time protection against a number of threats
  • "The antivirus features are very useful."
  • "We encountered some issues when we were trying to enable automatic updates from our group policy."

What is our primary use case?

Within our company, there are roughly 400-500 users of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The antivirus features are very useful.

What needs improvement?

We have onboarded a number of machines without any issues.

We find that Microsoft Defender Antivirus is very stable. We've experienced complications with other solutions in the past and found that this is one of the most stable solutions. It's also very scalable, too.

Marine data systems also handle our support. If we have any issues, we come to them first. Their support has been really good.

At first, the initial setup was a bit complex, but after we had some experience with it, it wasn't a problem.

Marine data systems is a partner of ours and they helped us with deployment — they're excellent.

We have evaluated and used Mindset before. We also evaluated Kaspersky. We decided to go with Microsoft Defender Antivirus because of its onboarding capabilities and automatic updating.

What other advice do I have?

Before settling on this solution, you should explore more than one form of ATP. Overall, Microsoft Defender Antivirus is a very good application.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Supriya Kumar - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager at Ernst & Young
Reliable with good features but needs improvements on some of the technical aspects
  • "The solution can scale as needed."
  • "In India at least, it seems to be a bit more expensive than other options."

What is most valuable?

The stability has been good so far.

If I compare its features to the other solutions in the market, it has some good features. It's comparable to others.

The solution can scale as needed.

What needs improvement?

In India at least, it seems to be a bit more expensive than other options.

I've just recently been introduced to the product. I haven't used it for very long.

The stability has been fine. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability has been great. If you need to expand, you can.

I have never needed to contact technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

The pricing is a bit high for the Indian market.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner and we consult clients on security solutions. It's one of the solutions we take to our clients.

For companies that are Microsoft shops, I would recommend the product. It saves a lot of integration requirements as compared to other solutions. It's a good product that does what it says it will do.

I would rate the product a seven out of ten. There are improvement opportunities in terms of the overall tech and commercial aspects of the product. It needs to be more competitive and technical.

RaynielBadiola - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Manager at Secur Links
Reliable, good performance, and scalable
  • "The performance of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been a valuable feature."
  • "Microsoft Defender for Endpoint could improve by adding more security features."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is used for system security.

What is most valuable?

The performance of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint could improve by adding more security features.

I have been using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for approximately five years.

The stability of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is good.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is scalable.

We have approximately 30 people using the solution in my organization.

We have used eScan Endpoint Security.

The initial installation of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is straightforward. After the operating system was installed the solution only took a few minutes to install.

We did the implementation ourselves.

We have a local team of ten engineers that provide support to the solution.

The solution is included with Microsoft Windows.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone is looking for an antivirus instantly, they can enable Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on their Windows operating system. If they are still thinking of buying endpoint security in the future. They can use the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint in the meantime.

I rate Microsoft Defender for Endpoint a nine out of ten.

Information Technology Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to configure, feature-rich, and easy to use
  • "The protection that it provides is quite good."
  • "The user interface could use some improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Defender Antivirus as part of our security solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I have set Microsoft Windows Defender up to notify me when there is a problem. I open it up and then decide what to do. The interface has all of the important things that I want to be able to do.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use and the only thing you need to do is make sure that you have internet, and keep your organization schema up to date. There is not much to do in terms of configuration.

The protection that it provides is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could use some improvement.

I have been using Microsoft Defender Antivirus since 2015.

I had been using AVG prior to Microsoft Defender.

There is no installation, as it comes pre-configured on the computer.

For most people, the price of the license is not something that they have to worry about.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I have recommended to my friends and I will continue to do so.

Overall, this is a good product and I have never been disappointed with it. That said, there is always something that can be improved.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Cyber Security BA/BSA at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Straightforward to set up with good technical support and good stability
  • "Technical support is good."
  • "There are likely some technical improvements or features that could be added, however, I cannot say, off the top of my head, what they would be."

What is our primary use case?

Usually, the solution is used in relation to keys management. We implemented a program for it, for the lifecycle of the keys. We've also used it for certificate management.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is very straightforward.

The stability is very good.

Technical support is good.

The solution is in good condition and offers good functionality.

What needs improvement?

I used the solution in relation to scoping a project. I was doing business analysis.

The solution was very stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support for Microsoft is very good.

The initial setup is not difficult or complex. It's very simple and straightforward.

I do not know how much it costs per month. I cannot say how it compares against the rates of the competition.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Microsoft Customer.

I'm not sure if I would recommend the solution to others. It depends on their requirements. It needs to fit a company's use cases.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

John Edwards - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Cyber Security at Dept. of the Premier and Cabinet
Good endpoint detection response, and technical support, but the pricing could be improved
  • "Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a robust platform."
  • "In the next release, I would like to see better management reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We are a government organization, and we use Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Protection.

We also use it for vulnerability scanning and assessment, which is very useful.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a robust platform. The endpoint detection response is quite good.

What needs improvement?

Some executive reporting is inefficient, and we're looking into ways to improve it.

In the next release, I would like to see better management reporting.

I have been working with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for two years.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a stable solution.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is definitely scalable.

Technical support is quite good.

Previously, we didn't work with anything as sophisticated. We used a pretty old-style endpoint detection response.

On new devices, the initial setup is quite easy, while some of the older devices had some issues unpicking the old EDR product that had nothing to do with Defender.

Pricing can always be lower.

What other advice do I have?

To achieve the best results holistically, consider the total cost of ownership of the Microsoft suite of products.

I would rate Microsoft Defender for Endpoint a seven out of ten.

JamesYa - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Solutions Architect at Cloud4C Services
Stable, embedded in Microsoft Windows, and high performance

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is used for securing endpoints from threats.

What is most valuable?

The performance of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been good.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint could improve by providing more user-friendly dashboards. They may be complicated for some.

In a future release, they should add a feature for patch management.

I have been using Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for one year.

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been stable.

The scalability of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has been good.

We have approximately five clients using the solution. We have thousands of licensees for this solution within my company.

The technical from Microsoft could be better. It is not as good as other solutions.

The implementation of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint because it is pre-installed with Microsoft Windows. Other solutions you have to install separately, such as Check Point.

The license for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is included in the license for the Microsoft Windows operating system.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Defender for Endpoint a nine out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022