We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
reviewer1443234
Team Lead at Colan Infotech Private Limited
Easy to manage from a single place, and the customer support is both good and responsive
  • "Managing and maintaining multiple servers is done in a single place."
  • "I really don't like the way the logs are presented in the software."

What is our primary use case?

Kemp LoadMaster is used in our server for load balancing. Our organization produces software for public sectors like Transport, Healthcare, and Banking system. For continuous service and support, we need to run our system with high availability and avoid failures. Thus, the Kemp LoadMaster helps us to give continuous service to reach and is accessed by our clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Kemp LoadMaster is the easiest server maintenance application that gives you a high-performance virtual Load Balancer and a Reverse Proxy. It helps to enable the firewall to secure all servers, including setting up virtual IPs.

What is most valuable?

This product has good network management for command-based operating systems like Linux.

Managing and maintaining multiple servers is done in a single place.

Most of the networking commands are accessible with the UI, including complete tasks such as closing or opening ports. This makes it simple and clean.

Major roll-on load-balancing with multiple servers and a security layer with VIP gives more security for our servers.

What needs improvement?

Have a better UI can attract more customers.

Multiple SSL uploads for a single VIP can be added in the future.

Prices on their maintenance plans should be reduced, as it would be better for the users.

It doesn't run well in Hyper-V or at least, it didn't when I bought it. I really don't like the way the logs are presented in the software. A lot of the information in the logs is only meaningful to the Kemp Support Team.

We have been using Kemp LoadMaster for more than two years.

The technical support is really great and they respond quickly. The people at Kemp were very kind and I got always a proper response. I really want to thank my technician for taking care of my issue, as well as the quick replies.

As for now, things are good and I give lots of thanks to the support team.

We did not use another similar solution. There is no alternative advice; we heard that Kemp is the best load-balancer.

The setup cost and pricing plan is reasonable and will ultimately give you a worthy return.

We have evaluated NGINX, but because of the great support, we have decided on Kemp LoadMaster.

What other advice do I have?

I need to work on the Kemp cloud-based product, as I don't have experience with it.

Microsoft Azure
reviewer1458825
IT Specialist at Seismic Exchange, Inc.
Easy to use, the support is good, and there are helpful templates for different technologies
  • "We are most impressed with the ease of use and great support."
  • "I definitely think that the WAF can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution was to replace our Citrix Netscaler and help us load balance traffic for solutions such as Citrix, Exchange, RDP, as well as for web servers using HTTP and SMTP.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to manage several applications as well as run certain services such as Exchange through the WAF. This is with it all being on one screen instead of jumping to several different windows to see how everything is configured. It helps out.

The pre-configured templates help our technicians correctly modify the services, which is another benefit.

We are most impressed with the ease of use and great support.

What is most valuable?

The features we have found most valuable would be the Kemp 360, which helps narrow down the logging.

You can filter and review which IPs are causing issues.

I also like how there are templates for various types of technologies, such as RDP, Exchange, etc. It helps tremendously when making sure that everything is configured.

What needs improvement?

I definitely think that the WAF can be improved. We have had several issues for which, at times some our services that were being run through the kemp would stop working. It was strange because everything showed green. Their first solution was to enable/disable the WAF and it worked. But then at time it stopped again and it required further investigation with Kemp support in which logs were needed to be turned on and collected to analyze the behavior.

We have been using Kemp LoadMaster for two months.

Stability-wise, so far so good. Sometimes we wish we had a little more notice if something wasn’t working, such as a notification email.

AMAZING! Their support team is US-based and quick to answer, help troubleshoot, solve problems.

We used Citrix Netscaler prior to this product.

The initial setup was straightforward and the support team was also very helpful.

In-house with minimal experience.

Setup is easy, the cost is affordable, and the licensing is quick and simple.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution.

Learn what your peers think about Kemp LoadMaster. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,780 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Administrator at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
A reliable solution that is priced well, with great technical support
  • "I like the way this solution handles multiple SSLs in different domains while still load balancing."
  • "Although Kemp is very user-friendly, it lacks a more custom configuration."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for load balancing websites, load balancing Citrix solutions, and load balancing Microsoft Dynamics.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us in certain situations that we have had to find a way to work around.

What is most valuable?

I like the way this solution handles multiple SSLs in different domains while still load balancing. I find that to be a very interesting feature.

What needs improvement?

It should be more customizable and perhaps more like NetScaler in that regard. Although Kemp is very user-friendly, it lacks a more custom configuration.

I would like to see this solution more customizable in the next release.

I have been using this solution since May of 2019.

This solution is stable. It's pretty good.

This solution's scalability is pretty good.

We have about 200 users in finance, customer service, and IT.

We are using this solution every day and we have plans to increase our usage.

The support is great.

Previously, I had used Microsoft NLB. We switched because it was more difficult to configure and it had many issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very intuitive and user-friendly. The application itself is built to be more user-friendly.

It took two days to deploy. It wasn't difficult and it involved checking the configuration and calling support. There was no different kind of strategy.

It only takes one person to deploy and maintain this solution. As the Networking Administrator, I am the person who is responsible.

We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant. Only the main support.

Licensing is yearly and I am going to guess that it is CAN $2000.00.

There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

Check for the complete needs of your entire network system.

In order to configure things, you will have to first draw out your connections before you implement it.

This solution is good and it's reliable but there are things to improve.

reviewer1447500
IT Specialist at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Cost-effective, good support, easy to use, and has improved our operational efficiency
  • "The security features, load balancing, built-in templates, and the easy to implement virtual IPs are great."
  • "In the next release, Kemp should include the ability for LoadMaster to create different DNS record types."

What is our primary use case?

We acquired Kemp LoadMaster initially to balance our Exchange multi-site environment. We configured it and now balance the Autodiscover, OWA, and mail services for our three Exchange services in three different sites. Everything flows and works without issues.

As time went on, we added other services such as RDP connections, online banking, and other applications to the LM to balance the load, which made our operations even more efficient.

How has it helped my organization?

The implementation of the LoadMaster has created internal and operational efficiencies. It allows us to balance several applications all at once with an easy-to-setup and use application.

What is most valuable?

The security features, load balancing, built-in templates, and the easy to implement virtual IPs are great. It allows us to accomplish our goals with one application.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Kemp LoadMaster for about three years.

The product is very stable. I have had no issues.

Every experience I have had with the technical support team has been great. I've worked with about four different engineers and they have all given consistent good service.

This was the first solution of this type.

The initial setup was very straightforward, as there are many built-in templates. Even though I had the assistance of the support team to ensure everything was good, it was a breeze.

The deployment was done by our in-house team.

This is a cost-efficient product.

I didn't really evaluate other options. In my research, I saw great recommendations for the product to balance exchange, so I tested it and it worked well.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product to use if you need to balance multiple sites and applications. It is easy to set up, the support engineers are top-notch, and it is cost-efficient as well.

Fernando Zart
Owner at Optiwan
Reseller
Excellent web balancing and remote access balancing features; flawless and simple to use
  • "Great web balancing and remote access balancing."
  • "Hardware version needs a dual power solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for simple things like balancing web servers or balancing remote desktop servers. My company is based in Brazil. We are resellers of this solution, usually to small and middle size businesses.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are the web balancing and remote access balancing - the product is flawless in regard to these things. The installation is very simple and I like the interface.

What needs improvement?

I've only used the virtual version of the small LoadManager (VLM-500), but on the "improvement" side my comment would be about the equivalent hardware based LM (LM-X1) to offer redundant power supply like the more beefier KEMP models do. No matter the size, the role played by these solutions tend to be critical for the business.

I've been using this solution for two years.

Stability is great, I've never had any issues with it.

I cannot vouch for scalability because I've never dealt with scaling.

The technical support is really good and I've only needed to use the product manual a couple of times. It was extremely efficient and easy to follow. Whenever I need, I can exchange mails or phone calls with their support and they are very quick, and everything works just fine.

The installation is done remotely and I never visit our customers to deploy. The configuration, the operation and the planning is all done remotely. The product is flawless and all the customers are really happy. The price is very good too compared to the other solutions. Of course, it's aimed at small and medium businesses. I cannot tell you anything about big enterprise or about the higher end LoadMaster. Initial deployment takes a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very competitive solution - they have a very solid product and it's cheaper than other solutions. There is no need to look at anything else because of the cost and you have an especially good product to do simple things.

reviewer1444182
IT Services Manager at dSPACE GmbH
Improves our site performance and availability, with load-balancing that is easy to configure
  • "Load-balancing is a great feature that is very easy to configure and it is always working fine."
  • "The product could be improved by making the SSL Offloading easier."

What is our primary use case?

We use Kemp LoadMaster for our SharePoint environment, worldwide.

We use Kemp to improve the security and availability of our web services, to external customers and partners, as well as a custom banquet application that is accessed over a cloud connection.

The Kemp LoadMaster gives us load balancing and reverse proxy capabilities, as well as a web application firewall to protect our web application environment and website.

We use the technology across the entire organization to solve the issue of site performance and availability for external users when booking and managing events.

How has it helped my organization?

Kemp and the application are hidden in the background and are always working. Kemp is great for organizations that feel they have been squeezed by traditional higher-priced load-balancer vendors (F5).

Kemp stood out from day one, with a lot of flexibility in how you can deploy and purchase the products. As a software product, they give you a seamless experience, whether you deploy it in the cloud or in your existing networking closet/data center.

What is most valuable?

Load-balancing is a great feature that is very easy to configure and it is always working fine.

If you find that something is not working you can make a feature request. A few weeks later, the feature could be implemented with a new update.

Installing updates is very easy and always works well.

The response time after a reboot is good.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved by making the SSL Offloading easier.

We have been using Kemp LoadMaster for about seven years.

The Kemp support team is outstanding. They were very helpful; not only did they help us to better understand the technical capabilities of Kemp, but also, they helped us resolve an issue with our VMware environment that had nothing to do with the Kemp deployment. The Kemp support actually tipped us off to the issue.

These guys are truly experts and didn't give us the run-around. They can explain everything.

What other advice do I have?

I don't know what feature could be made better, as it is working really well.

reviewer1442502
IT Project Manager at Spirica
Has an easy-to-use and user-friendly interface
  • "It is an easy-to-use, user-friendly interface, and you can set up a new VIP in a couple of minutes."
  • "It would be very helpful to get all the http/https session logs by default in the log monitor without activating debugging mode like an apache web sever natively does"

What is our primary use case?

I use Kemp LoadMaster as a load balancer for my web applications.

All web servers (all technologies) are available through the Kemp LoadMaster so all users use the transparent load balancer.

How has it helped my organization?

Kemp Loadmaster is more efficient than the HA Proxy that we used a long time ago.

It is an easy-to-use, user-friendly interface, and you can set up a new VIP in a couple of minutes.

What is most valuable?

Ease to use is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I have been using LoadMaster for about five years.

It is quite stable. No weird issues.

It is scalable.

I can add one or more appliances to the existing ones.

Technical support is reactive.

We haven't really needed to contact the support except for license renewal.

I switched because Kemp LoadMAster is more efficient, stable and scalable than the other solution.

The initial setup is not very complex. It was a normal setup with a partner.

We implemented it with a partner.

A partner strongly suggested this product so there was no need to evaluate other options.