We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Varghese John
Lead QA Engineer at Xgen Business Systems
Plenty of documentation online, reliable, and stable
  • "The stability of the solution has been good, it is reliable we have not had any bugs."
  • "The installation could be simplified, it is a bit difficult to install."

What is our primary use case?

We are using selenium in our organization for Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing and Regression Testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduces Manpower, Testing is become much faster which is helpful for faster Project delivery.

What is most valuable?

Selenium supports a range of languages, including Java, Perl, Python, C#, Ruby, Groovy, JavaScript, and more. It has its own script, but it is not limited by that language. It can work with various languages – whatever the developers/testers are comfortable with.

Selenium provides support across multiple browsers, namely, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. This becomes highly resourceful while executing tests and testing it across various browsers simultaneously.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The stability of the solution has been good, it is reliable we have not had any bugs till now.

I have not connected their technical support. However, there is a lot of community support for Selenium HQ online. If you look on internet you can find plenty of solutions for challenges you are facing.

The initial setup is little complicated the installation could be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

Senior Automation Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Grid feature allows us to run UI tests in parallel, which saves time and improves efficiency

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is UI testing.

How has it helped my organization?

This has improved our organization through the automation of UI test cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Selenium grid, which allows us to run tests in parallel. Selenium HQ easily integrates with other dependencies.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see XPath made more reliable so that it can be used in all browsers.

I have been using Selenium HQ for five years.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is UI testing.

How has it helped my organization?

This has improved our organization through the automation of UI test cases.

What is most valuable?

Selenium HQ easily integrates with other dependencies.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Selenium HQ for five years.

Download our free Selenium HQ Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.