Teamlead IT Core at SoloInsight Inc.
Reseller
Next generation firewall that is scalable and one of the best on the market
  • "Sangfor is a good solution that provides a WAF and firewall solution. Most other vendors, like Sophos and Fortinet and Cisco, only provide one solution. That's a valuable feature of Sangfor."
  • "Sangfor could improve their interface capacity on the 5100 series model and upgrade their hardware from one gig to 10 gig. This would improve the overall throughput."

What is our primary use case?

Sangfor is an on-prem firewall I use for my local infrastructure. It is used as an aggregated interface. Behind Sangfor, I have built a data center that is deployed on high availability using a model that is 5100 CV with 10 gig ports.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor is a good solution that provides a WAF and firewall solution. Most other vendors, like Sophos and Fortinet and Cisco, only provide one solution. That's a valuable feature of Sangfor.

What needs improvement?

I have used this solution for the last six months.

Sangfor NGAF
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Sangfor NGAF. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a scalable solution. We have approximately 1,000 users.

The technical support team are available 24/7 and if we need any assistance for Sangfor, FortiGate or Sophos, we can call their support number and they provide assistance from their L2 or L3 engineers.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

It's very easy to set up because Sangfor provided us with export and HCI capabilities. Deployment took almost one week.

The process starts with low level design for internal teams to make a design on network requirements. This contains all current and future requirements.

For four to five physical appliances for a licensed firewall, it costs approximately $4,000.

What other advice do I have?

We have six people managing IT operations. We have not had any issues in the first six months of using this solution.

If you want to deploy a firewall in your infrastructure, Fortinet, Sangfor and Sophos are the best solutions to protect traffic.

Hybrid Cloud
Wajeeh Ul Hasan . - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Administrator at Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology
Integrates well, reliable, and different pricing models available
  • "The most valuable feature of Sangfor NGAF is its integration."
  • "Sangfor NGAF could improve the policies and default criteria. They could be much better."

What is our primary use case?

Sangfor NGAF is a complete firewall solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Sangfor NGAF is its integration.

What needs improvement?

Sangfor NGAF could improve the policies and default criteria. They could be much better.

I have been using Sangfor NGAF for approximately three years.

Sangfor NGAF is stable.

The scalability of Sangfor NGAF is good.

We are using the Sangfor NGAF as our firewall, we have approximately 6,000 to 8,000 end users who are passing through. We have approximately 10 to 15 people using the Sangfor SSL VPN feature remotely from home.

The support from Sangfor NGAF here in Pakistan is great. Whenever I have an issue the support helps me out efficiently.

I rate the support from Sangfor NGAF a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of Sangfor NGAF is straightforward. Sophos and Fortinet have more difficult initial setups.

I rate the initial setup of Sangfor NGAF a five out of five.

The license of Sangfor NGAF can be purchased at different interval lengths, such as annually or three years. They offer a range of packages to choose from, such as combo or hybrid packages. We are using the complete solution package which includes IM, NGF and SSL VPN, and WAF

We have purchased the support for three years.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they should try the solution. I have experienced other solutions, such as Fortinet and I feel much better using this solution overall.

I rate Sangfor NGAF a nine out of ten.

Sangfor NGAF
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
M.IMRAN-1500894 - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy Manager IT at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Priced well with good end-user security features, but the web interface should be more user-friendly
  • "Sangfor has the best capabilities for securing connections, securing web browsers, securing servers, and general threat protection."
  • "The web interface needs to be improved, making it more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product as an intrusion prevention system.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of this product is the set of end-user security features.

What needs improvement?

The web interface needs to be improved, making it more user-friendly.

I have been working Sangfor for the last 20 years. I have only recently installed the NGAF, so I am still learning about it.

The initial set was easy.

I installed it myself.

Sangfor is cheaper than competing vendors.

I evaluated several other options and found that Palo Alto and Sangfor were the best two. Ultimately, I chose Sangfor.

Price-wise, Sangfor was cheaper than the others and Palo Alto was more expensive than Fortinet.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if you have a large enough budget then implement Palo Alto. Alternatively, with a lesser budget, I recommend using Sangfor.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Product Manger
Reseller
A most cost-effective solution
  • "While the features are not dissimilar to other brands, configuration is much more simple, which works out great for Indonesian people."
  • "The solution has too many bugs and these slow down the implementation."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers purchase Sangfor NGAF primarily out of budgetary considerations. Sangfor enables high power internet access. Indonesia has a big market, not only as concerns the firewall.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution has too many bugs and these slow down the implementation. The software should be updated to account for this.

We have not received complaints from our customers about the solution's stability.

We have not received complaints from our customers about the solution's scalability.

So far, we have not had occasion to contact tech support.

As we are a distributor, we have our own maintenance team.

When it comes to the price of firewall solutions, Sangfor NGAF takes the cake. It is cheaper than Fortinet, Sophos, Check Point and Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

I would no longer offer Sangfor, as I have ceased to be its distributor. I am now a distributor for Check Point.

I rate Sangfor NGAF as an eight out of ten, owing to its bugs.

Vidura Senadeera - PeerSpot reviewer
Head - Enterprise Solutions Architect at NGXESS
Highly customizable and competitively priced
  • "The most valuable features are the WAN optimization, the internet access gateway (IAG), and the central console, which allows us to implement on their firewall."
  • "An area for improvement would be the number of ports defined on the box. In the next release, I would like them to develop their provisioning stage of enrolling end devices."

What needs improvement?

I have been working with this solution for three months.

The stability is good.

The technical support is good - they are very supportive and friendly and are available even on the weekends.

Previously, I have worked with Palo Alto, Fortinet, Sophos, and Endpoint Kaspersky. I would recommend Sangfor over these due to its ability to implement user restrictions.

The initial setup was not complex.

Sangfor's pricing is competitive.

What other advice do I have?

This product is very user-friendly, and its Layer 7 security is very much improved. It can be customized to a very deep level. I would give this solution a score of eight out of ten.

Download our free Sangfor NGAF Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022