IT Sales Engineer at Comstar - Information Systems Associates Ltd.
An excellent solution with smart virtualization and great technical support
  • "It is a smart solution for virtualization"
  • "The processing speed and cost should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

It is a smart solution for virtualization. It simplifies the virtualization for clients, and their network is summarized using Sangfor HCI. We directly purchase from Sangfor and provide this solution to many clients in Pakistan with them. Clients are 110% satisfied. They understand the solution, and it's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I have prepared this solution with VMware, and both of them are the same. However, the processing speed and cost should be improved in Sangfor HCI. VMware is more economical than Sangfor HCI.

We have been using this solution for two years.

It is a stable solution.

Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure
February 2024
Learn what your peers think about Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2024.
757,198 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable, and we have two major clients. We have a secured deal with our client of about 2.5 million.

Their technical support is great, and I rate them a ten out of ten

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was straightforward, and it took barely a few hours to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a ten out of ten and recommend it to others.

Responsabile Sistemi Informativi at a construction company with 51-200 employees
It's cheaper and easier to use than the competing solution
  • "Sangfor is user-friendly and simple to upgrade."
  • "Sangfor could improve its built-in CAP system. Right now, we need to use an external tool for CAP."

What is our primary use case?

We use Sangfor HCI  for MES and for ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor is user-friendly and simple to upgrade.

What needs improvement?

Sangfor could improve its built-in CAP system. Right now, we need to use an external tool for CAP.

Sangfor is highly stable.

Sangfor is scalable. For example, we upgraded from 256 to 512 megabytes of memory.
We have about 50 people, and we're increasing usage at our secondary corporate site.

Sangfor technical support is great. They're available 24/7.

We were previously using a VMware solution, but we switched to Sangfor because of usability and pricing.

Setting up Sangfor HCI was straightforward. We had help from a consultant.

We haven't calculated ROI, but we'll do that in the coming year. It's hard to make an accurate cost-benefit analysis by comparing to our past usage because the number of machines has increased over the last couple of years. We now have 45 virtual machines.

Our initial license covers the first five years.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sangfor HCI eight out of 10. I have to take a couple of points off because of some minor things, like the CAP system.

Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure
February 2024
757,198 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Presales Engineer at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
User-friendly, easy to set up, and the auto-scaling is helpful
  • "The interface is very user-friendly."
  • "The error reporting needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and Sangfor HCI is one of the products that we have experience with.

Our primary use case is for clustering our SaaS.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is auto-scaling.

The interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The error reporting needs to be improved.

I have been using Sangfor HCI for one year.

We have had no issues with stability.

Scalability has not been a problem with this product.

They have good technical support.

The initial setup is not complex. It is user-friendly and easy to deploy.

Installing the hypervisor takes less than half an hour.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this product and I recommend it.

Junior Solutions Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
A stable and scalable solution with regular updates and competitive pricing
  • "Sangfor has many solutions, and you can easily manage their machine servers with just one management. They're always striving for greatness, and they continuously update their products. For example, they have now built endpoint security within the firewall. They are continuously improving not only the security but also all other products."
  • "It can have more compatibility and new features. I would also like to see better performance. Some of the other HCI solutions already provide the SSD and flash storage and much higher Intel processors. Sangfor HCI can improve on that."

What is our primary use case?

A client is using it to build a high availability system to output many virtual machines, save power, and scale it up without the need to subscribe to a cloud provider like Amazon. It is their own HCI.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor has many solutions, and you can easily manage their machine servers with just one management.

They're always striving for greatness, and they continuously update their products. For example, they have now built endpoint security within the firewall. They are continuously improving not only the security but also all other products.

What needs improvement?

It can have more compatibility and new features. I would also like to see better performance. Some of the other HCI solutions already provide the SSD and flash storage and much higher Intel processors. Sangfor HCI can improve on that.

I have been using this solution for one year.

Our clients did not have any problem with it. It has minimal downtime.

It is very scalable. To scale it more, you just need to add nodes to the management. That's it. We have around 60 users in our company.

It is good. I had interacted with them for the POC, and we decided to purchase it very quickly. They were in Hong Kong or Malaysia.

The initial setup is pretty easy. This is my first job in the IT industry, and I could easily understand how to deploy it. It took just a few hours.

The pricing of Sangfor is very competitive.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned by using this product is to not judge a product by its price. Sangfor HCI is competitive in terms of price, and it has good features and functionality. I would recommend this solution to others. I am pretty satisfied with Sangfor products, and I want other people to also experience Sangfor.

I would rate Sangfor HCI a nine out of ten. It has great features, but there is always room for improvement. I am looking forward to more features in the future.

Download our free Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: February 2024