System Account Manager at Primier Assist Limited
Reseller
It's a one-stop solution that enables you to store and centrally manage your VMs
  • "Sangfor HCI is a one-stop solution that enables you to store and centrally manage your VMs."
  • "Support may be an issue for customers in some industries. For example, financial institutions may require 24/7 support."

What is our primary use case?

If you're dealing with a huge workload running on a massive infrastructure, Sangfor HCI can reduce the physical hardware while maximizing resource utilization.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor HCI is a one-stop solution that enables you to store and centrally manage your VMs.

What needs improvement?

I have used Sangfor for two or three years.

Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure
February 2024
Learn what your peers think about Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2024.
757,198 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I rate Sangfor HCI 10 out of 10 for stability.

I rate Sangfor HCI seven out of 10 for scalability. We have nearly 80 users, Most of our clients are small and medium-sized businesses.

I rate Sangfor support eight out of 10.

Positive

I rate Sangfor HCI eight out of 10 for ease of setup. Deployment is pretty straightforward and can be completed in four or five days.

Sangfor HCI is reasonably priced, and there are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sangfor HCI eight out of 10. You should give Sangfor HCI a chance. It has more advanced technology and is more user-friendly than other solutions.

Engineer, System Admin at ebm
Low cost appliance, good UI, only good for on-premises VM infrastructure.
  • "Their GUI interface is a bit easier than VMware's."
  • "The documentation and support from the community are not as good or as mature as VMware or Hyper-V."

What is our primary use case?

We were look for less expensive virtualization solution that can accommodate our VM workload and provide virtualized storage as well.

Our old environment consisted to multiple SAN storage devices. Maintenance such equipment is very costly and requires a separate in network infrastructure.

We wanted to utilize storage capacity available in our hypervisor nodes to provide clustered storage service using storage virtualization technologies similar to Microsoft S2D and VMWare vSAN, but at a low cost.

How has it helped my organization?

No, it did not improve our organization. At first Sangfor HCI look good product, but one we started to use it we faced many comparability issues. It is an appliance style of product and we cannot have administrative access to it. Where as in Hyper-V, ESXi, and/or KVM we can have an admin level access to install or add-ons or agents. Also it is not compatible with any cloud service providers e.g. Azure/AWS/GCP and neither it has hardware certified by any leading ERP providers.

What is most valuable?

After using it for 3 years only thing good about it is that it's cost less compared to Microsoft, and VMware solutions.

The features that Microsoft, and VMware gives on their Data Center and Enterprise licenses are provided by Sangfor HCI on Standard license.

Other than this there is no valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Sangfor HCI can improve it's self in many ways.
1) Admin need a granular control on their system. There is no command line interface like we get in Hyper-V and ESXi.
2) The documentation and support from the community are not available. Support engineer lack knowledge also.
3) GUI also requires much working as well. The web interface of HCI and SCP are not user friendly.
4) No compatibility with third party solution and also no support with cloud services (Azure/AWS/GCP) and leading ERP providers.

I've been using the solution for 3 years now.

The all appliance solutions are stable and reliable, Sangfor HCI is the same.

The solution is scalable. You just have to add a node to the current cluster. It's not difficult.

The support engineer skills are not that good. They especially the support team we got in our country lack knowledge of their own product. There's a general lack of information. The documentation and knowledge base or community portal are lacking. I'd rate this aspect two out of ten.

Negative

We were using Microsoft Hyper-V. We decided to switch because we needed a solution that consists of storage virtualization. We also needed to remove our out dated SAN environment.

Since it is an appliance the setup is straight forward and quick.

We had three people from our company and two people from the vendor
handling the initial setup. Maintenance after setup is fairly basic and
requires simply looking after the hardware and looking out for heavy
usage of the processor. Three people are looking after it on the admin
side.

We have deployed it at two of our sites. One is at the head office, and the other is at our disaster recovery site.

We had help from the vendor. They were on-site and helped to integrate everything. But they lacked expertise.

ROI is not that good. After running it for almost 3 years and we had not a good experience with it.

Pricing is very cheap compared to Hyper-V and VMware.
Since it is an appliance setup cost in terms in time is very low.

Yes we evaluated VMware's solution. But management decided for Sangfor HCI as it was very cheap in cost.

What other advice do I have?

With the experience we faced we will give it 2 out of 10 as the admin level experience is not good. No command line support. No third party integration. No public cloud support. No proper documentation.

If anyone is looking for a less expensive appliance type HCI then they can consider it. But for hybrid environments the solution fails.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure
February 2024
757,198 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director of Sales and Operations at Technosol
A simple, user friendly and easy to configure solution
  • "I find the simplicity of Sangfor very valuable. It is easy to configure and user-friendly. The overall user experience as well as the usability of Sangfor is outstanding."
  • "There are certain aspects of sizing of the solution that need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

My organization is a gold partner for Sangfor in Pakistan.

We are using the computer virtualization, storage virtualization, network virtualization, virtual firewall as well as the NSB part network virtualization parts of Sangfor, third-generation HCI solution. We have 50 users using the solution.

For our customers, we have also installed Sangfor for demo purposes.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sangfor has improved significantly over time. There are certain aspects of sizing of the solution that need improvement.

There are some security features that could be added.

We have been using Sangfor HCI for three years.

This solution is stable.

Sangfor is quite a scalable solution in terms of nodes. You can upgrade the solution it is very flexible and adaptable with zero downtime for upgrades.

Overall, the support from Sangfor is phenomenal.

We have been partners with Dell technologies as well for the last 10 years. Sangfor is much easier to understand, easier to adapt and easier to deploy with outstanding support.

The initial setup is straightforward if you have a basic IT understanding. If you have a dedicated team to deploy the solution, it will only take a couple of hours. It does depend on the size of your organization as well.

Since we are a seller of the solution, we deploy ourselves. It requires one person on our team to do maintenance.

The license fee is annual. It is an enterprise plus version that is bundled into a single socket-based license.

What other advice do I have?

Without hesitation, I recommend Sangfor because they have a standard with the stability and is agile.

I rate Sangfor HCI a 10 out of 10.

Senior Solutions Consultant Lead at a comms service provider with 1-10 employees
Free hypervisors, easy to set up, and scalable
  • "The most valuable feature is the three nodes and the free hypervisor."
  • "The initialization is not fully automated and has room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution within the healthcare industry.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the three nodes and the free hypervisor.

What needs improvement?

The initialization is not fully automated and has room for improvement.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution is stable with the newer systems but is not compatible with the older systems.

The solution is scalable. The scaling is pay-as-you-go.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is not complex but it is also not automated.

I give the initial setup a seven out of ten.

The deployment takes one hour to complete the initial configuration.

We implement the solution for our customers.

The solution is very cheap. The solution is cheaper than others and has no hidden costs. The hypervisors are free, we just need the warranty to protect the hardware.

What other advice do I have?

I give the solution a seven out of ten.

We provide maintenance for our customers.

When using high-intensity workloads or if some parts are already using flash or SSDs, it is acceptable. However, if the workload is a green field, starting from scratch is necessary.

Private Cloud

Other
Albarn PaulAlicante - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Support Specialist at Code Expert Inc
A stable product with good firewalls and virtualization
  • "I am impressed with the product's firewall and virtualization."
  • "I would want the product to include Continuous Data Protection (CDP) which can help to easily retrieve the data."

What is our primary use case?

We use the product as a hyper-converged infrastructure for our virtualization servers.

What is most valuable?

I am impressed with the product's firewall and virtualization.

What needs improvement?

I would want the product to include Continuous Data Protection (CDP) which can help to easily retrieve the data.

I have been using the tool for three years.

I would rate the product's stability a nine out of ten. We have never experienced downtime during our usage of the product.

I would rate the product's scalability an eight out of ten since they have issues with sizing. My company has 300-500 users for the solution.

The support team is available 24/7. However, communication is a barrier when the support person is Chinese. On the other hand, support is easy when it is from Singapore or Malaysia.

Neutral

I would rate the product's deployment a nine out of ten. The tool's setup is easy. The technical team helps us to complete the product's deployment. The product's deployment takes two days to complete. First, we gathered information on network and hardware infrastructure topology.

The product's pricing is less expensive and competitive than other alternatives. I would rate the product's pricing an eight out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product a nine out of ten.

Distributor at Panda Security
Highly scalable with a simple licensing scheme
  • "Sangfor HCI's best features are the ability to scale to a bigger size and the roadmap, whereby if they need to replicate their production to disaster recovery, they can do so on the same platform."
  • "Sangfor HCI could be improved with certification and the right ecosystem for ISVs like Oracle and SAP."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sangfor HCI could be improved with certification and the right ecosystem for ISVs like Oracle and SAP. In the next release, I'd like to see more adapters to allow us to migrate applications to the cloud when needed.

I've been using Sangfor HCI for three to four years.

Sangfor HCI's stability is very good. We've had typical minor issues, but in four years across small to large setups, we haven't had a total 100% failure.

Sangfor HCI is pretty straightforward to scale.

Sangfor HCI's technical support is good enough for an enterprise solution. Most of the time, they're able to resolve the situation within the timeframe our customers expect.

Positive

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

Sangfor HCI was attractive to us because of the simplicity of its licensing and lack of hidden costs compared to its competitors. I would say its pricing is between cheap and reasonable and would rate it as three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise anybody thinking of using Sangfor HCI for the first time to request a concept so you understand the solution fully. I would say there's always a place for Sangfor HCI in any environment as a cheaper parallel platform. I would give Sangfor HCI a rating of ten out of ten.

Network Administrator at Eurolink Network
Great SCI technology and very user-friendly
  • "Very user-friendly and simple."
  • "Lacks network support."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is based in the Philippines and we are end users of Sangfor. I'm a network administrator.

What is most valuable?

The product is user-friendly and easier to use than other virtualization technology. The SCI technology is great.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see network support, it's very useful to have support with the sub-suite solution. I'd also like to see additional features included in the future.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The product is stable.

I previously used VMware. We moved to Sangfor because we switched providers and it was difficult to get support. We went with a solution that would provide us with a built-in solution for storage, network and server. It's a complete solution.

The initial setup was easy because we have support. The company provides everything from migrating and transferring from old to new. It's a big help for us.

The licensing costs are reasonable, it's much cheaper than other solutions on the market.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution because it's reasonably priced and has similar features to other, more expensive solutions.

I rate this solution 10 out of 10.

Information Technology Support Specialist at Code Expert Inc
Stable, good pricing and licensing, and useful CDP feature
  • "The Continuous Data Protection (CDP) feature is one of the good features."
  • "Its virtual machine tools can be improved. These tools should be enhanced for use in other applications and operating systems, such as Linux."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for SAP products and some other infrastructure applications. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The Continuous Data Protection (CDP) feature is one of the good features.

What needs improvement?

Its virtual machine tools can be improved. These tools should be enhanced for use in other applications and operating systems, such as Linux.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable. There is no issue in terms of stability so far.

It is complex to scale. There was a situation where they undersized the memory on one of our solutions. They gave us free memory because they were the ones who sized the memory for the specs.

In terms of the number of users, we have two or three administrators who use it. There are up to 500 concurrent users or the number of users using the hyper-converged infrastructure.

They support us in case of technical problems. They also provided a free deployment during a migration.

The level one support is provided by the partner or the integrator. The level two support is handled by the Sangfor teams. Technical support is based in the Asia Pacific region. They provide standard 24/7 support. They are easy to reach. Some of their engineers are Chinese, and there is a communication barrier because of their accents, but on the technical side, they are able to resolve the issues.

Its initial setup is more on the complex side because of our system and company requirements. The deployment took about three weeks.

We have an in-house technical team. Its maintenance is also handled by us. Every six to eight months, they provide updates to fix the bugs that they have encountered.

It is in the middle range as compared to other hyper-converged infrastructure solutions. There is a three-year warranty on the hardware.

The license also includes other features. Sangfor has included Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and a built-in firewall with the license. Other top brands, such as VxRail and VMware, require a separate license for such features.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because of its pricing. It doesn't require a separate license for features such as Continuous Data Protection.

I would rate Sangfor HCI an eight out of ten.

Download our free Sangfor HCI - Hyper Converged Infrastructure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: February 2024