IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Senior Security Engineer at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Plenty of useful features, highly scalable, and readily available documentation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to store all of our secrets. For example, passwords, usernames, and other credentials. These credentials can be from many places, such as service accounts, bank accounts, and key pairs. It also has the functionality if, for example, a contractor requests to log into a specific server, they would use the Secret Server to log in to the server session that is monitored and he or she would be logging in without the actual real credentials. It is also on a rotating password system.

What is most valuable?

I have found most valuable the automatic scheduled password rotation and remote desktop monitoring. Additionally, the documentation is readily available and easy to find and the dashboard is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see scheduled reports in a future release.

I have been using this solution within the past 12 months.
Delinea Secret Server
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Delinea Secret Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have found the solution to be very stable.

You can set up two different servers and the process is straightforward. The solution is scalable and we have 70 users using it in my organization. We might increase usage in the future but it all depends because currently all of the operations teams have been provided for. If the operations team grows, there would be room for more usage.

The technical support needs improvement. For example, if you have any problems on the server configuring the IIS, they would provide you very limited details and they would tell you the problem is on your end. They are limited to only supporting their application, even if you have the slightest problem assessing their application through IIS they will refer you to contact Microsoft. Additionally, the sales team could be more friendly and helpful. I would rate the technical support of Thycotic Secret Server a seven out of ten.

The installation was straightforward.

There is an annual license fee per user and the price is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Thycotic Secret Server an eight out of ten.

Threat Protection Architect at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
A good user interface, helpful support, and it is quite scalable
  • "What I like best about this product is the interface."
  • "I think that the main interface should integrate better with non-standard applications and clients, to connect with other systems."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for password cycling.

What is most valuable?

What I like best about this product is the interface.

What needs improvement?

I think that the main interface should integrate better with non-standard applications and clients, to connect with other systems. This would help to create a safe connection with non-standard systems.

I would like the capability to assign rights directly to the target system. This is a different topic because, at this point, it only handles credentials. However, the goal is to be able to create the account and assign the correct access rights on an application or a system.

I have been working with Thycotic Secret Server for one year.

We have experienced no issues in terms of stability.

It is quite scalable. We are not a big company and we had no issues with scalability.

Technical support helps us regularly. We have not had any big issues, so overall, no problems.

We did not use another solution before this one. It was the first of this type.

I would say that the initial setup is complex because it most requires modifying the company, and it took two years to deploy. The issue in this case is not the product. Rather, it is more the company.

The pricing is standard in this business and we have no complaints about it.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend. My advice for anybody who is implementing it is to have full management support and to do good internal marketing so that the solution is accepted by everyone.

Delinea Secret Server
June 2022
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Principal Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Helpful technical support with good automation and zero-trust PIN features
  • "Technical support is pretty good."
  • "The initial setup and deployment can be cumbersome. It's not an easy process."

What is our primary use case?

One of our clients primarily uses it for automation capabilities.

What is most valuable?

The zero-trust PIN is a great feature of the solution.

Technical support is pretty good.

The ability to automate is a good selling feature.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup and deployment can be cumbersome. It's not an easy process.

I've been dealing with the solution for about a year.

Technical support is okay. I've dealt with bad tech support services on other solutions, however, in the case of this product, nothing jumps out at me as being a negative experience. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide to us.

I also have experience with CyberArk.

The difference between the two is basically that CyberArk gives you a bit more value for money.

I have found the initial setup to be difficult. It's not exactly simple or straightforward. It's a downside to the solution.

I can't speak to how much the solution costs a month. I don't deal with the licensing side of things.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a reseller.

We tend to deal with the most up-to-date versions of the solution.

When making a decision, it often comes down to Thycotic and CyberArk. What we found is that CyberArk, for the features and the cost, gives you a little bit more value and saves you money in the process. Between CyberArk and Thycotic, Thycotic is somewhat easier to deploy and get up and running. Essentially, with Thycotic, you get the value quicker.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

MustafizurRahman - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Executive, Cyber Security at BracNet Limited
Reseller
A user-friendly Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution, but support could be better
  • "I like that it's user-friendly."
  • "Support could be better. I have heard about a lot of problems in the Bangladesh market. People are saying that there are support issues. So, Delinea should focus on support and services."

What is our primary use case?

I use Delinea Secret Server for demonstration purposes while talking to clients, for internet access management, and user monitoring.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Delinea Secret Server for one or two months.

Delinea Secret Server is a stable solution.

Delinea Secret Server is a scalable solution.

Technical support could be better. The support centers can't solve the issues.

On a scale from one to five, I will give technical support a two.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward. For demonstration purposes, it does not take much time. But it takes up to four months to go into production.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that they should focus on local partners with a local support team. This is becasue Delinea can't resolve the issues these days. I have seen a lot of cases in Bangladesh where the OEM can't resolve the issues. The application server is full of logs, and sometimes it needs to clear all the logs and files because it can become slow.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Delinea Secret Server a six.

Manager at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Quick, and simple to install, but the scalability has limitations
  • "The privileged access management, which is the Safe Access Model is the most valuable feature."
  • "Improvements are needed in session management, behavioral analytics, and the reporting segment."

What is our primary use case?

We provide Thycotic Secret Server as well as use it.

Thycotic Secret Server is used for data security.

What is most valuable?

The privileged access management, which is the Safe Access Model, is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Some of the features need improvement.

I have been working with Thycotic Secret Server for three or four years.

For the most part, Thycotic Secret Server is stable.

Thycotic Secret Server is relatively scalable. Scalability is good, but it does have its limitations. It's scalable to an extent.

Availability of technical support has always been a concern.

I have used several products, such as Beyond Trust, and CyberArk.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I can't give you an estimate, as it has been a while since we had an installation, but it was straightforward.

It takes half a day to install.

We have a team of three people to maintain this solution.

Most customers opt for a yearly license. I don't believe that I have seen anyone pays on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if it aligned with their use cases.

I would rate Thycotic Secret Server a seven out of ten.

Security consultant at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Supports a dedicated database and is stable and scalable

What is most valuable?

One valuable feature is that it will support a dedicated database. Delinea provides multiple features, like reporting and remote password changes.

What needs improvement?

The UI needs improvement because the interface is a little clumsy.

I've been using it for almost two years.

It's stable.

It is scalable and is better than other solutions. We have 400 users in our company.

We can't say that technical support is good because they respond according to their time zone, and we are not in the same time zone. I would give them a six out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The deployment was not difficult and took one and a half months.

We have an enterprise license as well as a user license and a support license.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend this solution and will rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Good surveillance and easy to set up, but needs a better commercial model and better pricing

What is most valuable?

The surveillance is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The discovery of accounts could be improved. It is also very expensive, and its price should be lower.

I'd prefer a better commercial model that includes partners and options for consulting around it. Where I've worked with my customers, we've only been able to use their professional services, and that has been a risk and constraint.

I have been working with their products for 10 years.

Their technical support is all right. Some of the open-source stuff isn't supported properly, but generally, it is pretty good.

Its initial setup is easy.

It is very expensive, and its price should be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Thycotic Secret Server a six out of 10.

Download our free Delinea Secret Server Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022