Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Parthasarathy Kesavaraj - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Development Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Complicated, costly, and scalable
  • "Yes WSO2 API Manager is scalable"
  • "WSO2 API Manager can be improved a lot relating to usability"

What is our primary use case?

We use WSO2 Manager for API management.

What needs improvement?

WSO2 API Manager can be improved a lot relating to usability.  It is a bit heavy. The workflow is more complicated in terms of API creation and publishing.

I have been working with WSO2 API Manager for four years now.

WSO2 API Manager is fairly stable. I won't say, it is very stable. We have had our issues.

WSO2 API Manager
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about WSO2 API Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.

WSO2 API Manager is scalable.

You need to understand the nuances of the support calls.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup of WSO2 API Manager is not very straightforward. It is complicated.

The implementation is done in-house.

I do not feel there is a return on investment.

It is costly, around ten thousand per year, per instance. We normally run two nodes and one cluster per region. This is just for APIM and identity manager put together, so it's like six instances of AP manager and six instances of identity server. That comes to around one hundred and twenty thousand. For an open-source solution, it is a bit costly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate WSO2 API Manager a six out of ten because of usability and cost.

Private Cloud

Other
Arcangelo Di Balsamo - PeerSpot reviewer
CTO Cloud Division at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Superior integration, user friendly, and helpful customer service
  • "This solution is a little bit faster, easier to use, and has better integration than the other solutions I have experienced."
  • "The solution could be more user friendly for engineers."

What is most valuable?

For basic operations, I do not see too many differences between the other vendors. They all have similar features such as analytics and cloud links. This solution is a little bit faster, easier to use, and has better integration than the other solutions I have experienced. Additionally, If you want to build a newer EDI code, you can transport this data, it is quite a usable product.

What needs improvement?

The user interface provides all functionalities to configure and manage the product, however its usability, espacially for first-time users, is a little bit "rough" compared to the UI of other commercial API Managers

I have been using the solution for approximately seven months.

The solution is stable.

The customer service was not a problem. We had a quick question regarding the implementation of the certificate. They handled the inquiry very well and we received an answer.

What other advice do I have?

I rate WSO2 API Manager a nine out of ten.

WSO2 API Manager
September 2022
634,590 professionals have used our research since 2012.
XolisaVuza - PeerSpot reviewer
Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer at AfroCentric Health
The solution is open source and easy to configure

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is integration of legacy systems and channels, exposing APIs and security. I'm co-founder and CTO of the company.

What is most valuable?

The solution is open source and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some new features and updated functionalities.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, open source is king. I rate this product 10 out of 10.

Download our free WSO2 API Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022