IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Solution architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Aligns well with containerized environments and suits high-volume environments

What is our primary use case?

A retail customer used it to connect with the backend Oracle retail system. There were some plugins that were available for that particular use case on top of the Integration Bus for message transformation, schemas, etc. It has also been widely used in banking. It is mostly deployed on the hardware, but it is also available on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

It aligns well with containerized environments, which increases its scalability and high availability.  Overall, it has good coverage of features.

What needs improvement?

Its licensing or subscription model should be improved for more flexible adoption. There should also be more ease of use.

I used this solution for five to six years in my previous company.
IBM Integration Bus
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about IBM Integration Bus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is highly scalable. It is used in high-volume environments with thousands of users, such as retail banking. It is being used a lot for digital banking, and all the transactions are through the ESB layer. So, it is quite scalable and has good performance.

It has a moderate or medium-level complexity. The duration depends on the use case in terms of the number of services and workflows, but typically, doing installation and configuration is a matter of a few weeks.

It is not cheap. It has its cost. It is one of the high-cost solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Head of Information Systems Development Department at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Good monitoring features, but the support needs to be improved and the price should be lower

What is our primary use case?

I am a developer and this is one of the products that I use in that capacity.

What is most valuable?

What I like best are the monitoring features.

What needs improvement?

Technical support is something that should be better.

Lowering the price would be an improvement.

The deployment should be easier.

I have been working with IBM Integration Bus for approximately three years.

This is a stable product.

We have not needed to scale because we use multithreading in the flow.

The technical support for this product is not very good. Sometimes, examples we get when we ask support for help do not work.

It also does not have a large community.

We did not use a similar product before implementing IBM Integration Bus. In some instances, we have used microservice applications instead.

The deployment is complex and you need to have an experienced administrator.

The price of this product could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

IBM Integration Bus
June 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kothagundla PhaniDeepak - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Software Engineer at Eidiko
Useful multiple application integrations, good technical support, but stability could improve

What is our primary use case?

In general, we are using IBM Integration Bus for integration purposes only because we have multiple applications to integrate.

What is most valuable?

I have found IBM Integration Bus is very useful because it can integrate multiple backend applications.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having built-in implementation and secure monitoring without the need for API Connect.

I have been using IBM Integration Bus for approximately six years.

We have not had any issue with the stability of the solution. However, there are times when we have policies in place and after the installation, the data wizard does not work.

The technical from IBM has been very good.

The installation was straightforward.

IBM Integration Bus itself is prices fair but App-Connect is a bit expensive which we use in conjunction with it.

I have evaluated MuleSoft.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to developers.

I rate IBM Integration Bus a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Senior Software Engineer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Excellent adapters, highly scalable, but needs modern debugging and tracing

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for data integration. We have different kinds of information such as file feeds, messages, and inbound software that need to be confirmed and delivered to the platform of our clients as a message.

How has it helped my organization?

We have benefited by using this solution from the IAB, we have been able to use different delivery types.

What is most valuable?

I have found the inbound and outbound adapter confirmations valuable.

What needs improvement?

The tracing and debugging features are not up to date with more modern technology available.

I have been using the solution for 15 years.

The solution has been stable.

The scalability has been excellent.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We did the implementation through our in-house team and it took approximately one day to complete.

The price of the license could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IBM Integration Bus a seven out of ten.

VP at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Has a stable interface but the cost is high
  • "The interface is quite stable."
  • "Licensing is too high. It is quite expensive."

What is most valuable?

The interface is quite stable.

What needs improvement?

Licensing is too high. It is quite expensive. We don't have a lot of clients who apply for it because they cannot justify the price. They know it's a good product but it just is too expensive for them. So we have to send them to products that are cheaper.

It's scalable. We don't have that concern for IBM products.

Expanding the product would depend on our client's needs. We don't have any restrictions.

Our installation is quite fast, but the process or the competition of user testing is what takes a longer time. Normally the user has to do a Tableau test, so it's not just the deployment. After the installation, they have to spend time to test.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IBM Integration Bus a seven out of ten.

We are looking forward to the pricing packaging because we do like the product, but we are don't go for it because the price is too high and we not able to sell it to our customer.

Hybrid Cloud
Siropani Bhattamishra - PeerSpot reviewer
Middleware Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides good performance, stability and great security
  • "The solution offers good performance and is stable."
  • "The memory footprint should be minimized."

What is our primary use case?

Our prime use case of Integration Bus is for message enrichment and message transformations.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good performance and it's stable. The message enrichment and message transformations are great features and the solution also has great security.

What needs improvement?

There are a few issues; the memory footprint needs to be improved. Memory replacements for on-prem should be minimized. Nowadays, if an application takes 4GB of RAM, that should be the minimum. Having this solution on-prem, is taking more memory and that memory footprint should be minimized.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution can be scaled horizontally and vertically.

The initial setup is straightforward and took a maximum of two hours. Our technical team had eight people dealing with the end-to-end deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution, it's an industry standard product.

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Abid Shafiq - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Manager CRM Platform and Integration at PTCL
It's robust and its time to market is very short but the UI should be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use it for migration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's robust and its time to market is very short.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, the UI should be more user-friendly.

I have been using IBM Integration Bus for five years.

It's very stable and very easy to scale.

We have the VR application version of our support now but they have been very supportive.

The deployment takes about a week or so, it's lengthy.

We're satisfied with the price, it's okay. The terms and everything are decided by the company. It's not a big deal for us.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

I would recommend it.

Private Cloud
Viktor Dolyna - PeerSpot reviewer
DevOps Engineer at Integrity
Flexible, easy to use, and easy to configure, but it could be cheaper

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we propose for our clients.

Some of our clients for this product are banks.

What is most valuable?

IBM Integration Bus is flexible, easy to use, and easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to build an Integration Bus cluster that is active-active.

This is a scalable product.

We have five or six customers who are using it.

I have seen no problems with respect to technical support.

We have experienced no trouble installing this product.

It takes a few days to deploy.

We have a team of 10 or 11 people for deployment and maintenance.

The pricing could be improved to make it more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free IBM Integration Bus Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022