Daphne - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at Junta de Andalucia
Great value for money, easy to deploy, and is great at detecting threats
  • "One of the strengths of Harmony is its power to detect threats and keep us safe."
  • "I still don't have a clear opinion of the possible improvements that the tool may need. There are still functionalities that I have not been able to try completely and I would like to spend more time using the tool before offering an opinion to the IT Central community on this point."

What is our primary use case?

In my organization, we have deployed the Harmony Endpoint Check Point tool with the idea of being able to secure the deployed part of our mobile corporate devices in order to start the security processes at the point as close to the user as possible.

Using its ease of deployment capacity and its power in detecting malware or insecure elements, this tool provides us with the peace of mind we were looking for in an environment of several thousand terminals deployed on the network in many places and environments.

How has it helped my organization?

By using the Check Point Harmony Endpoint tool we have improved our network visibility, have extensive control of our network and our users, and, above all, have a level of security against cyber attacks that we did not have before.

Now, we are able to detect and avoid security breaks. We can better understand the use that our users make of the devices, and, most importantly, we can apply security policies that keep our users safe as well as the organization's own systems and data. The personal information of our users is also secure.

What is most valuable?

Right away, we noticed when using Check Point's Harmony Endpoint tool, was the ease of deployment. In our case, it was deployed without too many difficulties, considering the deployment involved several tens of thousands of devices.

Once deployed, the dashboard and all the inventory information that we had been able to obtain and that we did not know about before proved to be very interesting.

One of the strengths of Harmony is its power to detect threats and keep us safe. Also the ability to apply policies specifically to users or groups is very useful.

What needs improvement?

Something that is very important to me is the remediation or recovery capabilities after an attack. From what I have seen so far, this tool maintains the quality line of Check Point products and is always ahead of the needs of the market.

Check Point Harmony Endpoint
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution for seven months.

This was the first endpoint tool we use in my organization. We didn't use anything previously.

The only thing I don't like about the solution is the time to pay for the licenses. That said, I really believe that it is a fair price according to the quality of the product offered.

What other advice do I have?

After analyzing and comparing other solutions, we determine that Harmony has the best value for money.

Sandeep Sehrawat - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Security Consultant at Sify Technologies
Easy to set up and implement with good functionality
  • "The product is stable."
  • "Legacy VPNs and digital footprints should be minimized."

What is our primary use case?

The major use was to provide protection to the mobile workforce. It gives elaborated insight about what is happening, what kind of particular applications we have installed, and what particular application they are using, and protecting them from online phishing, and random virus attacks also.

What is most valuable?

The functionality is quite good. It can run well on mobile devices.

You can also create profiles for individual mobile devices.

It is easy to set up and implement.

The product is stable.

It's very scalable.

What needs improvement?

Mobile users are reluctant to actually use the solution.

Check Point should focus on providing more compliant solutions, such as compliant for cloud-specific solutions. The digital footprint can be minimized, and then the Legacy VPNs can also be streamlined. As of now, most of the connectivity partners use Legacy VPNs to connect to their DC or their service partners. Legacy VPNs and digital footprints should be minimized.

I've been dealing with the solution for a couple of months at this point. My first project was last September and then I did another last December.

The product has been stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

They've been delivering solutions for 15 to 20 years and I can attest to, over the last ten years, never run into any issues in terms of stability.

The solution is very scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so - especially if a company is using a cloud-based deployment.

So far, we have delivered two projects to clients.

Technical support is good. We are satisfied with the level of support on offer.

I've also worked with CrowdStrike, which I also like very much.

The initial setup is straightforward. You simply need to deploy the agents onto mobile devices. The enrollment process would happen on the device.

It's very flexible in that it can be a hybrid. It supports on-premises and cloud devices.

In terms of the size of the team a company would need to deploy and maintain the solution, it all depends on the timelines that you have. A single guy, if everything is being managed, a single guy can deploy at least 50 to 100 Harmony Endpoint agents in a day. And if things are not going well, it may require more people.

We have different products in our portfolio and they all have their own specific costs. They also vary according to size and parameters.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is automatically updated and therefore we're always using the most updated product.

I'd recommend the solution to others. They're one of the leading security solutions providers in the world.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Check Point Harmony Endpoint
December 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Brand Manager at Corporation Sekiura S.A.C.E.I.
User
Excellent anti-ransomware, anti-bot and anti-exploit features
  • "It has improved the detection of malware."
  • "Compared to other brands, we would like a dedicated anti-spam to be included in order to close the full circle."

What is our primary use case?

The first use case is to detect malware as well as advanced threat protection for known, unknown, and zero-day malware, sandbox emulation and extraction, and enhanced by automated endpoint forensics analysis.

Zero-day attacks are a risk for the company which seemed very important to us, plus the sandbox in the cloud. We have a cloud console that is easy to use and easy to monitor.

The details of our environment are Harmony Endpoint Advanced for 100 on-premise users with cloud managment console, and support for one year.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the detection of malware. We are very satisfied with the friendly and easy-to-monitor console. We chose the advanced version as it seemed very important to have advanced threat protection for known, unknown, and zero-day malware plus sandbox emulation and extraction, enhanced by automated endpoint forensics analysis.

At the moment we are very satisfied and confident with Check Point.

What is most valuable?

All of these features quoted below are valuable for us, as the set of solutions is what makes the solution really valuable.

• Endpoint Threat Prevention features
  • Web Protection (malicious sites/URL Filtering)
  • Anti-Ransomware
  • Anti-Bot
  • Anti-Exploit
  • NGAV
  • Anti-Virus
  • Forensic collection and automated reports
  • Threat Hunting
  • Sandbox Emulation and Extraction (CDR)
  • Endpoint Access Control Features
  • Endpoint Firewall
  • Application Control
  • Port Protection
  • Endpoint Compliance
  • Remote Access VPN

If we had to choose one, we really like the EDR included.

What needs improvement?

The Check Point Harmony Endpoint is a very complete solution. Even in the most basic version, it already includes EDR, which today is very important and something that all endpoint solutions should consider having from the most basic versions. We would like to have one more step and that's to give and have full-disk encryption.

Compared to other brands, we would like a dedicated anti-spam to be included in order to close the full circle. We could have it with Check Point Endpoint, mobile, cloud, or firewall. An all-in-one console would be great.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The stability has been positive.

The scalability has been positive.

We did not have any problems. We got good solution training

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did not previously use the solution.

We had a positive experience with the implementation via a vendor.

Our ROI has been positive.

If you need the on-premise management console, you have to pay an additional cost. It's not much, however, it's good to ask for a quote.

We also looked into Sophos.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: The company want to keep anonymity.
Field Services IT Desktop Support Supervisor at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use, very effective, and scales well
  • "We have found the stability to be very reliable."
  • "Technical support can be a bit slow at times."

What is our primary use case?

We have this at an enterprise level and we have it for all our endpoints. We use the product for disk encryption, anti-malware, and BPM blades.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers disk encryption, anti-malware, and BPM blades. For example, the Disc Encryption Software Blade is actually a part of this endpoint security solution. The whole thing is good for us.

The product has been proven 100% effective with us. We haven't had anything related to any threats passing to us for the past five years.

The solution is easy to use. It is self updated when there's a new version. It updates seamlessly, no matter what features you have. However, depending on what we use, there are some features that they will not apply in the clinics. We don't have the preview screen. We can customize it in a way that it doesn't disrupt our operation depending on if it is a laptop, it is a desktop.

The security is very good.

The solution is very straightforward.

The solution scales well.

We have found the stability to be very reliable.

What needs improvement?

The solution is mostly very good. The reason why I'm trying to compare it with FireEye is due to the fact that it's supposed to be a mandate by the State. We are trying to justify the fact that we don't need to change our environment. For example, if the only thing that they want is to provide reports for the State, then that's a different story. We can customize the reports based on what they're asking for. We don't need to change or want to, however, the State may require us to.

Technical support can be a bit slow at times.

We've dealt with the solution for ten years.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. Its performance is good. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the product is very good.

The solution offers very good technical support. While they may be a bit slow, they always come through with a solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not a problem at all.

I have no information in terms of the pricing. I'm not involved with neither the purchase, maintenance, contract, or anything that has to do with licensing.

The company may be interested in trying to change to FireEye. I'm looking at it now to see what differences and advantages are at play.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've had no problems with it at all.

Jonathan Ramos G. - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Engineer at ITQS
A fast solution that is easy to install and simple to manage
  • "Few solutions on the market perform tasks as efficiently as those performed and executed by Check Point Harmony Endpoint."
  • "Its guides are identical to the existing ones. These guides should be updated and they should improve their design."

What is our primary use case?

With the changes produced by the pandemic, we needed to secure the equipment inside and outside the organization. That is why we looked for a solution that would protect business equipment, providing a robust security line and where perimeter protection for users is established. Those working from home or anywhere else are not compromised with this product on-side, and these users are connecting easily. By having the experience of using the tool, we realize that it secures and protects us from all kinds of attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

We have realized that it helps us with the prevention of ransomware, malware and identification of suspicious connections. It allowed us to have a centralized administration panel which makes it easier for us to view and manage each of the devices and the alerts found or notified by each of them. devices, creating rules and allowing us to protect the activities carried out by users. We can say that Check Point Harmony Endpoint is a fast solution, easy to install, simple to manage, and, above all, when in use, it is not very intrusive with users' daily activities.

What is most valuable?

One of the characteristics is the detection of anti-ransomware, which helps us to protect our equipment and data against any eventuality. This solution detects and analyzes any attempt to encrypt the data. If they are encrypted, the same solution stores and restores a version of the compromised data.

Few solutions on the market perform tasks as efficiently as those performed and executed by Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Among other features, this Endpoint Behavioral Guard identifies families of malware, file-less attacks, and other generic malicious behaviors that are the most common attacks when you are in unsafe networks without a protection solution.

What needs improvement?

It is one of the best, however, with respect to its support on iOS and Android, it can improve a little more.

Something worth mentioning is the need for support in Spanish and better representation for teams in the Latin American area, where there is a growing demand for these IT services and new technologies.

Its guides are identical to the existing ones. These guides should be updated, and they should improve their design.

Let people try it, and it will quickly remote users.

I've used the solution for two years.

It is quick to configure and easy to manage. Therefore it is really scalable.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The issue of licensing is something that I don't like. The licenses are per package, not per unit, and that in some cases affects the acquisition of the solution.

We did not evaluate other options.

Hybrid Cloud
Project Manager at SANDETEL
Easy to use, reasonably priced, and reliable
  • "It has a great ability to detect threats and keep us safe."
  • "There are still functionalities that I have not been able to fully test and I would like to spend more time using the tool before offering an opinion to the IT Central community on this point."

What is our primary use case?

In my organization, we have selected the Harmony Endpoint tool after an analysis of the market. We wanted to be able to secure the deployed part of our mobile corporate devices in order to start the security processes at the point closest to the user possible. Thanks to its ease of deployment and its power in detecting malware or insecure elements, this tool provides us with the peace of mind we were looking for in an environment of several thousand terminals deployed on the network in very different environments.

How has it helped my organization?

By using the Check Point Harmony Endpoint tool we have achieved great visibility, extensive control of our network and our users, and, above all, a level of security against cyber attacks that's more effective than what we had before. Now, we can detect and avoid security incidents and we can better understand the use that our users make of the devices, and, most importantly, we can apply security policies that keep us safe - not only on the organization's own systems but also within the data. The personal information of our users is also very much protected.

What is most valuable?

When starting to use Check Point's Harmony Endpoint tool, the first thing that strikes us is its great ease of deployment. In our case, it has been a deployment without too many incidents considering that we are talking about a deployment in the tens of thousands of devices. Once deployed, the dashboard and all the inventory information that we have been able to obtain and that we did not know before are very interesting. Of course, one of the key points of Harmony is its great ability to detect threats and keep us safe.

What needs improvement?

After using Harmony for six months, I still don't have a clear vision of the possible improvements that the tool may need. There are still functionalities that I have not been able to fully test and I would like to spend more time using the tool before offering an opinion to the IT Central community on this point. What is very important, in my opinion, is the remediation or recovery capabilities after an attack. From what I have seen so far, this tool aligns with the quality of Check Point products and the evolution it has is correct and logical. Check Point is always ahead of the needs of the market.

I've been using the solution for 6 months.

No, it is the first tool of this type that we deployed in my organization.

I would advise all organizations to deploy tools of this type for the security they need. As for Harmony, I recommend it 100% for its ease of use, reliability, and reasonable price.

Head of IT Operations at Puerta de Hierro Hospitals
User
Great for remote workers with excellent endpoint agents and easy communication with the console
  • "The communication with the console is very dynamic and remote, without the need to return to the computer locally."
  • "There needs to be compatibility with the most recent versions of the various operating systems."

What is our primary use case?

The main option for which this solution is used is to have all the peripheral equipment protected - avoiding risks due to malware and viruses. The solution can be managed by device, with filtering and analysis of the information of all collaborators available there.

It's used to analyze emails from key users and for content filtering rules. It does not allow dangerous downloads, which protects the work of the organization outside the main network. It gives tools to the collaborators to make the work outside the installations (home office) easy.

How has it helped my organization?

With COVID affecting the world, a solution was needed that could be able to provide security at workstations outside of the organization itself. With the sandblast tool, coverage is made on the equipment that we provide (laptops) and employees can carry out their activities from home. The tool has provided us with security to ensure that the computers are protected while also providing information analysis. It offers easy control and implementation of content filtering rules. Thus, you have control of all the organization's teams outside and within the operational network.

What is most valuable?

The endpoint agents, which can be installed in one go, are great. The communication with the console is very dynamic and remote, without the need to return to the computer locally.

From the administration console, we can generate content filtering rules and labels, as well as run an analysis of emails and downloads that the collaborator does to fulfill their functions. Informing the administrator of threats by mail gives us the facility to detect real-time vulnerabilities in order to continue fulfilling the objective of safeguarding the information of the organization.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be compatibility with the most recent versions of the various operating systems. They need to be up-to-date with the signatures of new viruses and the latest ramsonware. With the encompassing of all its solutions in one platform, there should be artificial intelligence for specific analysis to thus be able to anticipate and detect unique risks to the organization.

To be able to count on the administration console on any device and online cloud would be ideal. We would like there to be no need to install clients as executables.

I've been using the solution for one year.

We like the idea of ​​continuing to implement more solutions offered by Harmony.

Technical support is good. They comply when we need support or have product questions.

No, Sandblast was chosen as the first option.

The solution meets our business needs.

We did look at Fortinet solutions.

Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Granular with an easy disk encryption and works very well
  • "The most important characteristic of our requirements was the implementation of disk encryption."
  • "We would like to make the documentation for more modern solutions like the Harmony family easier to find."

What is our primary use case?

Within the company, some departments, including the IT department, require their users to be connected from anywhere. In order to provide security to their teams, whether they were inside or outside the company, it was necessary to be able to implement a robust solution that would help us with access, equipment security, and reliability both for the protection of equipment information and to avoid vulnerabilities through applications to which users have access with credentials and administrator permissions.

How has it helped my organization?

This "Harmony Endpoint" tool is a modern solution from the Check Point Harmony family and has helped us improve the company's security with anti-malware protection, ransomware, among others, real-time protection, monitoring, and review of logs from the Check Point Infinity Portal.

Thanks to these characteristics, we have gained control over the equipment to avoid data loss. For example, with the encryption of the device units, we can avoid loss of the equipment, as well as access protection and application control policies, among other options that were enabled. It's leveraged to improve security.

What is most valuable?

The most important characteristic of our requirements was the implementation of disk encryption. It's necessary to avoid loss or theft of the equipment and, therefore, loss of data from the equipment. It can be applied to all the equipment from the portal or segments.

Another advantage is the control of applications and access policies that can be carried out in a granular manner for different company profiles. It works very well.

It offers secure administration from Check Point Infinity Portal. It is a security center where many of the Check Point solutions are located.

What needs improvement?

The improvements that can be mentioned are few. The solution and its architecture are very well done.

The Check Point Infinity Portal sometimes has some latency or performance issues that are slightly worse, affecting user management. It cannot be improved by the customer.

We would also like to make the documentation for more modern solutions like the Harmony family easier to find. That way, we can implement these solutions with the best practices recommended by the manufacturer.

The solution has been used for more than two years for our portable devices with high mobility.

Previously we used ESET at endpoints, however a site once had a ransomware attack and the solution was not able to solve the problem, so it was decided to change.

The costs are per user. It is a good option for covering company equipment.

I recommend finding a partner that can help you with the costs for this and any other Check Point solution.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very good and complete. I recommend it. You should try it and decide.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Check Point Harmony Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022