We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Jorge Andrés
Presales Engineer at Data Warden
Robust and reliable with a useful Full Disk Encryption feature
  • "There's the possibility of being able to do the administration from the Check Point portal, maintaining control and visibility of the different security events at all times."
  • "They could be focused on the analysis of USB devices."

What is our primary use case?

We started using the product months before the start of the pandemic. It is a robust solution for the protection of endpoints. It contains the classic antivirus, however, it has anti-bot and disk encryption functions (FDE) as well as the integration of a sandboxing for the consultation and download of files in a safe way (whether they are downloaded from a page or from an email).

It is a very complete tool for users who need to be able to connect from home or some other public access point since it has a VPN service, in addition to different layered-in security solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

The addition of Check Point's Harmony Endpoint as the main security tool for the company's collaborators has represented a reliable source of security since updates can be executed automatically or manually, as may be required.

Admin users are able to access an adjustable dashboard that shows the most relevant information about the status of the endoints and the statistics of threats found.

What is most valuable?

Without a doubt, the best security feature is Full Disk Encryption (FDE). In cases where the endpoint is stolen or lost, you are sure that the information will not be accessible without the access password being the correct, maintaining the confidentiality of files at all times.

In addition, if someone tries to extract the physical disk and places it as a removable disk in a PC, they will not have access to the information either, since the files are still encrypted, ensuring that this method of extracting the information does not work without the decryption key.

What needs improvement?

They could be focused on the analysis of USB devices. It has the ability to block the use of USB storage memories until it is completely scanned for any virus or threat. We need to ensure that the USB device will not be available until the scan has been completed, however, this may represent a malfunction when using other tools such as Rufus, as, by blocking access to USB drives, Harmony Endpoint will block access to these drives, thus Rufus will not be properly detecting USB drives and therefore it cannot operate properly.

I've used the solution for one year and eight months.

I have had almost no problems with the execution of the software agent and it is very useful when I need to do research on the internet.

It is fully scalable by scheduling updates from the console. When the agent is updated it will be necessary to update the PC, however.

As a user, I have not had contact with the manufacturer's technical support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We did not use a different solution.

Although it is an intuitive configuration, due to the variety of blades available, it may take some time to complete the configuration. Everything will depend on the number of blades a company needs to configure.

We handled the implementation in-house.

Licensing is based on sizing and based on the number of users and the desired security blades. All versions include access to the Check Point web portal for administration.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

By acquiring this tool, companies will have a robust and reliable solution for endpoint protection.

Other
T. BalaMuruganandhan
Sr. Manager at Incedo Inc.
MSP
Good security with a useful single dashboard and centralized management capabilities
  • "Forensic Analysis provides a complete analysis of threats via detailed reports."
  • "Support's service and the response times can be improved. The triaging of the tickets takes a long time and the tickets are only resolved with escalations."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it for end-to-end security for endpoints and the co-relation of events from one single console. We have been able to protect our endpoints with Harmony. The user experience is also good and there is not too much to be done with respect to the endpoint changes (the best part). Features like Threat Emulation/Threat Extraction, Antibot, Anti- Exploit, Anti Ransomware protection, UBA, Zero-day Phishing protection, Behavioral Guard, Encryption, VPN, and compliance makes it more powerful and helpful to our security team in order to protect the environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization's overall security posture has improved with Harmony Endpoint protection. This has helped to secure against all modern age threats and risks that came in during the pandemic.

During the pandemic, the users, for example, have been forced to work from home and that's been forcing the IT to do overtime to protect the endpoints. After introducing Harmany Endpoint we have seen the incident levels going down to close to zero.

The single dashboard provides complete visibility over endpoint security and the administration can view the actionable tasks to follow up easily without searching across multiple reports/consoles.

What is most valuable?

All of the available features are good (for example Threat Emulation/Threat Extraction, Antibot, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware protection, UBA, Zero-day Phishing protection, Behavioral Guard, Encryption, VPN, and compliance), however, the one I have thought to be very valuable is the Ransomware Protection Feature which has been used widely during the pandemic. It protects as well as saves original file copies to prevent data loss.

Forensic Analysis provides a complete analysis of threats via detailed reports. The threat prevention, which includes a detailed threat landscape is very good.

The VPN connectivity and compliance check are also very good features.

What needs improvement?

With respect to the product, we feel Endpoint vulnerability management is one of the modules that is missing and it is something that is required. Adding this will strengthen the product and help in taking proactive steps towards protecting the environment.

DLP Module & Patching are required from an endpoint perspective. It would be good to add those in an upcoming release/version.

I've used the solution for more than 6 months.

We have deployed it on the cloud which helps it to be scalable and cost-effective.

We were using multiple solutions to protect the environment in the past. These include solutions such as McAfee, Websence DLP, encryption, etc. however, now it is all happening with this one tool and console

Easy to set up and start using.

A single administrator can manage the complete solution. It's easy to deploy and does not require any additional effort. We're able to have multiple solutions within a single solution.

We implemented the product with the help of our OEM and our in-house team. There were no major challenges during implementation or even in day-to-day operations.

Harmony Endpoint, in terms of the deployment, integration, and setup, costs less than other solutions.

Yes, we evaluated other products as well, however, with respect to feature price and integration availability, we selected this product.

What other advice do I have?

Harmony Endpoint is a good product and scalable with business growth.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Team Lead Implementation Services/Systems Integration Engineer at Trinidad Systems Limited
Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction features scan email attachments before the user is able to access the file and then provide a safe copy of the attachment
  • "One of the most valuable features is the Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction. These features are able to scan email attachments before the user is able to access the file and then provide a safe copy of the attachment. Malicious files never get to the users machine. This is a very valuable feature of this solution."
  • "As I understand there will be a URL filtering feature included with the browser agent in the future. This will allow URL filtering without the need for a Gateway Device. This is something I am looking forward to and would be a great addition to list of features."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is Antivirus capabilities. These include Antimalware, Antibot, Anti-Ransomware, and Threat Emulation and Anti Exploit. We have a mixed environment that includes Windows 2012 R2 Windows 7 Windows 10 and macOS 10.xx. We also use VMware.

The client has been installed on all servers, PC,s, laptops and MAC machines.

We need all this infrastructure monitored for malicious activity and reporting if something happens in realtime. This solution has worked very well.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past, we have experienced virus problems on our network. It has come in through email attachments, USB drives, internet websites, and so on. The current solution was not performing well. Since we implemented  Checkpoint Endpoint Security we have had no infection thus far. It is able to scan all email attachments, lock the ability to use external USB drives, and scan rouge internet traffic. We are very satisfied with this solution. Since its implementation, we have had no loss in data and no loss of revenue.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction. These features are able to scan email attachments before the user is able to access the file and then provide a safe copy of the attachment. Malicious files never get to the users' machine. This is a very valuable feature of this solution.

The Zero Phishing feature is also very valuable. This feature has the ability to scan the username and password fields on a website before you enter your credentials and verify if the site is legitimate. This brilliant feature prevents the stealing of account information.

What needs improvement?

As I understand there will be a URL filtering feature included with the browser agent in the future. This will allow URL filtering without the need for a Gateway Device. This is something I am looking forward to and would be a great addition to a list of features.

The best improvement to the product that can be made is to make it less resource-intensive so it may work effortlessly on slower systems.

The ability to push the Endpoint Client over the network without the use of 3rd party solutions would be an asset.

I have been using and implementing this solution for about three years.

My impression of the scalability of the this solution is positive. It can be don't with minimal affect on production.

They attend to your needs in a timely manner. They are well educated in the product.

We did use a different solution in the past. It was not performing well and we were always getting infected by malicious software. they made us switch to Checkpoint Endpoint Security.

The initial setup is straightforward and can be done by less technical staff.

It was done by an in-house team.

Setup costs can be kept to a minimum as Check Point offers Cloud Management which eliminates the need for on-premise hardware cost.

We did evaluate Avast. Which was not performing well. We also evaluated Kaspersky. Their client was a bit to resource-intensive.

What other advice do I have?

Check Point Endpoint Security just works. You will not be disappointed.

Meet vataliya
IT Specalist at vTech Solution
User
Constantly updated with good zero-day prevention and excellent prevention capabilities
  • "Harmony Endpoint is a complete endpoint security solution built to protect the remote workforce from today's complex threat landscape."
  • "They could improve memory consumption."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Endpoint Security is to protect our employee endpoints as we're currently working from home. The user is totally unaware of the cyber threats, so the basic functionality of endpoint security provides a lot more security. With it, any threat attack can be rebuffed. Any user downloading any suspicious data from the web will first have Check Point scan it deeply. If there's malware then it quarantines it. Otherwise, the user can access it. We're using it on a primary basis. We don't have any other solutions in place apart from the Check Point.

How has it helped my organization?

It prevents the most imminent threats to the endpoint such as ransomware, phishing, or drive-by malware, while quickly minimizing breach impact with autonomous detection and response. That's how our organization improved its security. Before that, we didn't have the security to prevent such threats as ransomware, phishing, etc. Due to that, our IT environment is more secure and business has also increased.

What is most valuable?

The product offers advanced anti-malware and antivirus protection to protect, detect, and correct malware across multiple endpoint devices and operating systems. Proactive web security is available to ensure safe browsing on the web. Data classification and data loss prevention are there to prevent data loss and exfiltration.

SandBlast Agent defends endpoints and web browsers with a complete set of real-time advanced browser and endpoint protection technologies, including Threat
Emulation, Threat Extraction, Anti-Bot, and Zero Phishing.

The zero-day prevention is very valuable.

What needs improvement?

Personally, I'm looking forward to separating server management policies. They could improve memory consumption. Once we installed a CP agent in our system, we found that it was consuming more memory. Even a normal configuration system can be hung.

Malware detection is an add-on plan that can't be added on. It's the most important part of endpoint security. There's a forensic addon which is very important after threat hunting against attacks.

I've been using this solution for two years.

I haven't seen any corruption on the agent side. It's stable.

It's scalable. It always updates its malware database for security concerns on a daily basis

Technical support is good. You can raise a ticket with the CP support portal and a technician will contact you based on the severity.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I didn't have that much experience with anything else. When I was joined, our company was using the same solution.

The solution's initial setup is straightforward. Even new users can handle the process with help of online guidelines.

We used a vendor team and they were experts in what they were doing.

As a security solution, of course, it gives back lots of return on investment.

The setup cost is nothing. The licensing is costly due to the fact that, in return, it's giving the best security.

CISO, CIO, AVP at CIANS ANALYTICS PVT. LTD
User
Good encryption feature and scalable but needs to be more accurate
  • "Cost-wise it's cheaper than other options."
  • "It gives you an alert for malicious sites, which, after searching on the Google database, don't come out to be the same."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for anti-malware. We installed it on around 300 systems. Since we required some application to safeguard ourselves in this situation of work from home, so we were evaluating Antimalware products.

After some research, we finalized Check Point and took a demo. The product seems fine as per our scenario and fits current conditions. We were evaluating it for work-from-home situations. it had a multifeatured tool that helps in safeguarding the current digital attack vector for organizations of all types.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps in safeguarding our infra from malicious attacks. However, initially, we faced lots of challenges while implementation as the vendor who was implementing it made blunders, which resulted in chaos for the organization.

Our team worked almost 24/7 for 3 to 4 weeks to resolve the issues. We haven't requested the encryption feature, yet they implemented it. Our laptops were already encrypted, so it started decryption and re-encryption, which was a nightmare for us. We are still facing a few challenges for which we couldn't find any reason for the issues we've since found that were not there before installation.

What is most valuable?

We found all features valuable - other than the encryption since we were already using that feature. Since we required some application to safeguard ourselves in this work from home situation. We were evaluating anti-malware products specifically.

There can be scenarios where this encryption feature will be applicable and fruitful if it is implemented with proper planning and organized with respect to a particular organization. There have to be proper requirements gathering and a plan to work effectively.

What needs improvement?

There are improvements required in terms of accuracy. It gives you an alert for malicious sites, which, after searching on the Google database, don't come out to be the same.

There can be scenarios where specific planning will be required before even giving thought to implementing it into an organization - be it small, medium, or large. Everything needs to be organized with respect to each particular organization. There has to be proper requirement gathering and a plan for the SOW to work accordingly.

I would suggest that the Check Point team always allocates an SME to all the vendors before implementation as it will improve the first impression. In my case, I had pretty much faced disaster after implementation that I would not suggest anybody go with the product.

The product needs to improve the security infra.

I've been using the solution for three months.

In terms of stability, I would rate it at a five out of ten. There were issues like once a version was installed and was not working properly, even the checkpoint team couldn't uninstall it and as a result, we had to format the system. few cases were reported for software installed but was not visible in the control panel.

The scalability is good.

Our ROI has been neutral.

Cost-wise it's cheaper than other options.

We did evaluate another solution. However, I can't reveal the name.

Private Cloud

Other
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: SIG Informatics
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Is easy to deploy, cost effective, stable, scalable, and more secure
  • "Check Point Harmony Endpoint can be easily deployed and is cost effective and more secure."
  • "Technical support needs to be improved, along with the response time."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Harmony Endpoint is antimalware and antivirus software, and it also has features such as in firewall autoresponse and autonotification, autoprotection, definition updates, and policies that we can apply.

We have medium-sized companies who use this solution.

What is most valuable?

My customers choose Check Point Harmony Endpoint because deployment is easier and because it's cost effective and more secure.

It is also a stable and scalable solution.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved, along with the response time. The technical team or any product team should liaise with us and help to deploy the solution to the first few customers so that we can roll out to the rest of the customers.

They need to improve the licensing process as well so that it is easier for the end user. At present, we have to wait one to two weeks to get a license, which is not productive. The process is not very smooth or convenient for the end user because Check Point Harmony Endpoint provides two login portals. One is for licensing, and the other is for management.

In the future, I would like to the management portal and the licensing portal be integrated or changed to a single sign-on because that will be good for both the panel and the user. If they can make it very convenient for deployment and monitoring, it would be good.

If we could get technical support in Singapore, then it will be helpful for our customers.

I've been dealing with this solution for two months.

It's deployed both on cloud and on-premises.

The product is very stable.

This solution is scalable. If you have a server or any software deployment tools, you can just push from the server so that the users don't even need to install it on their machines.

Technical support needs to improve. Their response time needs to improve too. Also, the only way to contact technical support is through email or international phone calls (for us in Singapore).

The initial setup is much easier compared to that of other solutions because it involves emailing and letting the agent download and then deploy the solution. It's lightweight, not using a lot of system resources compared to the rest of the products. It is the next generation of endpoint agents.

The deployment itself can take a day.

Maintenance is not required because it depends on the policy that you apply on the Check Point portal itself.

Compared to the cost of other solutions, Check Point Harmony Endpoint is cost effective. The cost is not very cheap, but it's fair.

The licensing process is not smooth and can take one to two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because the protection works well, and it is cost is effective.

They also have cloud-based management, so it is like a SaaS service, and we don't need to buy a server to host it and to implement any hardware just for running the management of Check Point Harmony Endpoint.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at eight.

Manager of IT Security at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Comprehensive feature set and has good integration with other tools
  • "A unique feature with this product is that it will detect if the user is entering their password on a website, and then block it."
  • "Check Point users a pattern-based security module, which is something that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our SOC team uses this solution to observe any unusual behavior or processes running on the endpoint. For example, it is used for phishing detection.

The data is ingested to Splunk.

How has it helped my organization?

One of the problems with assessing this type of product is that you don't always know when it's working. You will see when something is wrong, where no threat has been detected. If nothing has happened then you don't know if there was no threat, or instead, the protection was quite good. Also, if no threat is found then it may be that the solution is not good enough to detect these types of malicious activities.

What is most valuable?

The set of features is quite comprehensive.

The Endpoint security solution integrates with the Check Point firewall services, so it's a combined approach to security.

What needs improvement?

Check Point users a pattern-based security module, which is something that can be improved. Pattern-based security is not the latest architecture and it is insufficient because every day, there are approximately 380,000 new vulnerabilities and threats. Using patterns is difficult because the threats can hide.

I have been using Check Point Harmony Endpoint since I joined the company, several months ago. The company has been using it for longer.

From a stability perspective, I can say that we have had absolutely no problems.

We have not experienced any issues with scalability. We have more than 10,000 users in the company. The users are across a variety of roles. It's used by everybody. As our company grows, the usage also increases.

At this point, there is nowhere we can extend its usage.

I do not have personal experience with technical support so I can't assess them. However, I have heard that it is quite reasonable, so I think that it's fine.

We also use Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.

I am building my own opinion of which is better, between the Check Point product and the Microsoft product. Depending on where you do your research, you get different opinions, although much of that is supplier-driven.

In my former organization, I was using CrowdStrike. It has much better performance when looking only at processes.

I was not part of the implementation because it was in place when I joined the company.

I have done research on several similar products to try and determine the best-in-class.

What other advice do I have?

From my point of view, I can't see that any features are missing. My primary complaint is that it relies on patterns for threat detection. It does the job, we get our logs, and we get the relevant warnings. Overall, it's a good product.

Daphne
Project Manager at Junta de Andalucia
Great value for money, easy to deploy, and is great at detecting threats
  • "One of the strengths of Harmony is its power to detect threats and keep us safe."
  • "I still don't have a clear opinion of the possible improvements that the tool may need. There are still functionalities that I have not been able to try completely and I would like to spend more time using the tool before offering an opinion to the IT Central community on this point."

What is our primary use case?

In my organization, we have deployed the Harmony Endpoint Check Point tool with the idea of being able to secure the deployed part of our mobile corporate devices in order to start the security processes at the point as close to the user as possible.

Using its ease of deployment capacity and its power in detecting malware or insecure elements, this tool provides us with the peace of mind we were looking for in an environment of several thousand terminals deployed on the network in many places and environments.

How has it helped my organization?

By using the Check Point Harmony Endpoint tool we have improved our network visibility, have extensive control of our network and our users, and, above all, have a level of security against cyber attacks that we did not have before.

Now, we are able to detect and avoid security breaks. We can better understand the use that our users make of the devices, and, most importantly, we can apply security policies that keep our users safe as well as the organization's own systems and data. The personal information of our users is also secure.

What is most valuable?

Right away, we noticed when using Check Point's Harmony Endpoint tool, was the ease of deployment. In our case, it was deployed without too many difficulties, considering the deployment involved several tens of thousands of devices.

Once deployed, the dashboard and all the inventory information that we had been able to obtain and that we did not know about before proved to be very interesting.

One of the strengths of Harmony is its power to detect threats and keep us safe. Also the ability to apply policies specifically to users or groups is very useful.

What needs improvement?

Something that is very important to me is the remediation or recovery capabilities after an attack. From what I have seen so far, this tool maintains the quality line of Check Point products and is always ahead of the needs of the market.

I've used the solution for seven months.

This was the first endpoint tool we use in my organization. We didn't use anything previously.

The only thing I don't like about the solution is the time to pay for the licenses. That said, I really believe that it is a fair price according to the quality of the product offered.

What other advice do I have?

After analyzing and comparing other solutions, we determine that Harmony has the best value for money.

Download our free Check Point Harmony Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.