We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good sandbox and forensics capabilities, good visibility
  • "The most valuable feature is forensics."
  • "We cannot integrate this product with other solutions, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for the SandBlast module. It is used for sandboxing, malware detection, antivirus, and forensics blade.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is forensics.

What needs improvement?

We cannot integrate this product with other solutions, which is something that should be improved. I believe that it is in the roadmap.

Other vendors have some non-security-related features in their endpoint protection solutions that should be implemented in this one.

I have been using Check Point Endpoint Security for approximately one year.

The stability is okay but if you have limited resources then it gets slow.

I have not used this product in a large deployment. Certainly, it scales, but my deployment is for less than 500 endpoints. Our company is really small, with just 25 people. As a partner, we also deploy it for our customers.

The people that work for the vendor are sometimes a little hard to get a hold of, but once you do get in contact with them, they get the problem fixed.

It is rather easy to set up. As a cloud solution, you can have it up and running in a day or less. We have defined different policies, which makes it easy to get up and running. After you, you can customize the setup.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone who is considering Check Point Endpoint Security is that it is a great solution that is very easy to deploy, and it really gives you visibility of what's happening on your endpoint. It helps you do deal with security issues pretty fast.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Senior Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Ensures device control and security but needs simple sandboxing for malware analysis

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use Check Point Endpoint Security on-premise. But there are instances in which we use it in the cloud as well. It's mostly integrated into Microsoft Windows and that makes it really simple. They have an integration solution for the whole spectrum of endpoint features. For example, their Keystone solution. They also have a lot of other features. You can easily keep track of user access, how their device has been protected, and what software they have. We can see what processes are running and what network connections they have. We used it to control which devices can connect. It's a balance of freedom for the users and confidentiality.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Check Point Endpoint Security helps us ensure device control and security. It helps us make sure users can access only the network resources they should be accessing and keep malware to a minimum.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see simple sandboxing for malware analysis. But, they are not the leaders in this market. I would like to see virtual tasking as a feature.

I have been working with all products of Check Point for about 15 years. They have a strong niche in the market. They have both on-premise and cloud computing. Check Point Endpoint Security is really simple to use.

Check Point Endpoint Security is very stable.

So it means that if you buy a firewall, and discover at the end of the day you need more traffic than what you expected. You can expand easily, and scale-out easily.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Check Point Endpoint Security at a seven out of a scale of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Assitant Manager - IT Support at a outsourcing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Great for securing endpoints with good anti-malware and port protection
  • "It's great for securing our endpoints from any external attacks."
  • "Tech Support must be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for multiple purposes. It's for securing the endpoints. We have about 200 endpoints added to this solution and being maintained. Its server is cloud-based and here our in-house IT team takes care of the installation and configuration on endpoints. We are required to secure our endpoint from any external attacks. It's also well controlled so that only required access is to be given to end-users. Whether it's about blocking unwanted websites or port blocking, we use the solution to manage everything.

What is most valuable?

The anti-malware and port protection, etc., are good. We have about 200 endpoints on this solution being maintained. We like that its server is cloud-based and that our in-house IT team can handle the installation and configuration on endpoints. It's great for securing our endpoints from any external attacks. We can control access to end-users.

What needs improvement?

Tech Support must be better. Whenever we log a case for any issue it takes too much time to get it sorted. There should be escalation by default. If the case is not being sorted quickly, it must get internally escalated to the team who are experts and they should be empowered to jump in to get the issue fixed. Many times, we have to be on it for weeks to come to a proper resolution.

Website blocking and endpoint levels are still a challenge and there needs to be a more sophisticated solution. We are looking forward to having this product work more efficiently.

We have been using Harmony Endpoint for over six Months.

Tech Support needs improvement.

reviewer1489602
Network Security Assurance Specialist at Visa Inc.
Offers good protection and integrates well with other Check Point solutions
  • "Check Point Endpoint Security really helped the business stop various malware attacks throughout the time we used it, including a ransomware attack, which was stopped in minutes."
  • "I think some work needs to be done to improve the integration with other third-party products, namely SIEM solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We have used Check Point Sandblast Agent as an anti-malware solution. We were already working in a Check Point environment, which made the decision to purchase an endpoint security product from Check Point easy.

We first tested it in a Lab environment, where we sampled various malware, some less complicated than others. We were impressed with the results.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The Sandblast Agent really made a difference for the organization. It integrated well with the existing Check Point environment we had in place. It was used both for threat protection and remote access VPN.

What needs improvement?

I think some work needs to be done to improve the integration with other third-party products, namely SIEM solutions. We found it quite challenging.

We found out the hard way that the configuration was lost when we version upgraded the management console.

We have used Check Point Endpoint Security for the past two years.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

We did not evaluate other options.

reviewer1399449
Network and Security Engineer at Information Technology Company
Easy to use, effortless updating, and we have benefited from improved security
  • "We now feel more secure with our PCs, even more with the non-technical persons."
  • "The solution could be improved in the future with a way to provide online training to customers for free, as other providers do."

What is our primary use case?

In our environment, we didn't have an "official" security system. After implementing the Check Point SandBlast Agent system, we have benefited from getting a strong security system that gives us stability and security on our internal network.

How has it helped my organization?

Security has been improved. We now feel more secure with our PCs, even more with the non-technical persons.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the availability, the ease of checking current logs of blocks,  and the option to update the system easily.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved in the future with a way to provide online training to customers for free, as other providers do. Ideally, it would be not only for this solution but for all of their systems.

I found that there is no Check Point online training center and I think that is something vital for most of us as customers.

I have been using the Check Point SandBlast Agent for a year and a half.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

We evaluated Symantec before selecting Check Point.

Pre-Sales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Useful EDR tool, integrates well, and effortless implementation

What is our primary use case?

The organization I work for is a bank and we use the solution to protect against malware and viruses.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in this solution are the EDR tool and the integration.

What needs improvement?

The solutions agent could have better performance, it is a little slow sometimes.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution has been working well and we plan to scale the solution to our 300 agents. We have clients that are small to large size businesses using the solution.

The technical support is good. I would rate the technical support of Check Point…

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for one year.

The technical support is good.

I would rate the technical support of Check Point Harmony Endpoint a nine out of ten.

The installation is easy.

We have four engineers handling the deployment and maintence of a large company we are involved with.

We have evaluated Palo Alto, Trend Micro, and Kaspersky in the past.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others. It is easy to implement.

I rate Check Point Harmony Endpoint a ten out of ten.

Director at esupport Solutions Pvt ltd
The sandboxing feature is really good

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky is suitable for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB), while Harmony is for enterprise segments. There are different requirements for enterprises versus SMBs. At an SMB, one administrator handles the firewall, network, and endpoints. You have more specialization in an enterprise. So at a larger scale, where you have a 5,000 or 10,000 users use case, Harmony helps pinpoint where security is lacking on a particular machine.

What is most valuable?

Harmony's endpoint sandboxing is really good.

I haven't had any difficulty deploying Harmony for up to 5,000 users.

Check Point support is really good.

Harmony is very…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Harmony's endpoint sandboxing is really good.

I haven't had any difficulty deploying Harmony for up to 5,000 users.

Check Point support is really good.

Harmony is very easy to deploy.

Check Point Harmony is definitely pricier compared to other endpoints.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Check Point Harmony 10 out of 10. It's a unique product. It's the best in this class. I feel that Harmony is better than Crowd Strike or any other similar solution in that class. However, I would like to see more competitive pricing and better training for partners.

Cybersecurity Architect at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Effective zero phishing and sandboxing, but support needs improvement
  • "I have found the Zero phishing and IPS features the most useful in Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Additionally, threat emulation sandboxing is effective."
  • "The management in Check Point Harmony Endpoint could be improved."

What is most valuable?

I have found the Zero phishing and IPS features the most useful in Check Point Harmony Endpoint. Additionally, threat emulation sandboxing is effective.

What needs improvement?

The management in Check Point Harmony Endpoint could be improved.

In a future release, the solution could add more threat intelligence features.

I have been using Check Point Harmony Endpoint for approximately three years.

The solution is approximately 80 percent stable. It can have some bugs at times and can show very unexpected behaviors.

The support could improve, there are long wait times, and the agents are not properly trained. The troubleshooting is complex.

There are a lot of complications in the implementation. There are a few bugs and there is not enough documentation.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they need to have Check Point expertise internally, if they don't have any in-house Check Point expertise, I wouldn't recommend this product.

I rate Check Point Harmony Endpoint a six out of ten.

Download our free Check Point Harmony Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.